When will SWGOH die?

I came back to the game about 2 weeks ago and I really like it now again. Just wondered for how long the game will keep existing? Feels kinda sad to think about if I put all time towards progression and it will be gone in the future.

Replies

• finral11 wrote: »
    I came back to the game about 2 weeks ago and I really like it now again. Just wondered for how long the game will keep existing? Feels kinda sad to think about if I put all time towards progression and it will be gone in the future.

It's been dying for 7+ years now if you believe some of the forum posts
  • I suppose it is dependent on how long EA has the IP rights.

Secondly, revenue. I'd imagine CG are expected to hit sales targets and the game will carry on for as long as the game's bottom line is financially healthy.
  • Oh, the still fairly new TB suggests CG have factored in a long period of progression

Unrelated point, I've been getting a lot of adverts pop up on YouTube for the game recently. So it's not like CG have given up trying to attract new players.

I think rhe game will carry on for years.
  • This game is like baby yoda, it generates insane amount of cash, so I higly doubt this game would die anytime soon
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    If you're having fun with it, have fun with it. I'd hate to break it to you, but someday everything will be gone. The sun will explode. You, however, will die long before that happens. It doesn't mean life isn't worth winning. Yes, someday this game will go away. Probably not soon though. And in the meantime, you can enjoy it.
  • Deep thoughts
  • finral11 wrote: »

It's been dying for 7+ years now if you believe some of the forum posts

I mean from certain point of view, anything alive is slowly dying
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    August
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • When it stops being profitable. EverQuest still going
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    The sun will explode., however, will die long before that happens.

Or we will be in a galaxy far far away.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    When it's not profitable anymore...which is a time to anyone's guess.
  • I played Star Wars Commander for years...one day the game closed...they gave a few months warning...i had lots of time invested in the game...and a lot of content...
    Guess what...world kept spinning, i found other games...and most importantly...the REALLY important things were unafeccted...(health, family, work, life in general)...
    Dont worry...you will even find yourself with a lot of FREE time if a game disappears from your life... :)
  • Profit
    281 posts Member
    At 7pm +/- an hour. The date and time zone is harder to predict.
  • ima go over on that one