Baze and Chirrut zeta and omicron

Its been years since baze and chirrut came out (same goes for biggs and wedge) yet they still dont have a zeta or an omicron to their name, meanwhile we got god awful characters cough cough farm boy luke with 2 zetas and an omicron. When will these rebels get some love, they are just sitting there eating dust. Unlike most of the rebels they arent needed for anything so why not give an insentive to everyone to gear them up?

Replies

• Forgot to meantion bodhi has a zeta too, another good for nothing character
  • meanwhile we got god awful characters cough cough farm boy luke with 2 zetas and an omicron

That may not be the comparison you want to make. Farmboy has not been a successful toon in SWGOH, but the Star Wars character is as iconic as iconic gets. Throwing zetas and Omicrons at him to try to make him relevant is something that CG frankly **should** be doing.

Meanwhile Chirrut is ... what? He was in one movie. He's an eccentric mystic. Really the most intriguing thing about him is that he **doesn't** use a lightsaber. Then he goes and sacrifices himself so that others can accomplish the larger mission ...

...hmm. An eccentric mystic who sacrifices himself so others can achieve the larger objective sounds a lot like Old Ben Kenobi.

I'm not saying that there's nothing interesting about Chirrut, but... he's just not that big a deal. The most important part of him to the fanbase seems to be that some people think that he & Baze were in a romantic relationship, which (if true) would make him important as a small move towards LGBT inclusion in the larger SW universe. But it's so vague and open to interpretation, it's not even **that** big a deal in that way.

If Chirrut & Baze got reworked (or just added powers) through Omicrons, I'd maybe look at them, but there's no way I would drop them on just because it was Chirrut & Baze. They'd have to be top 5 Omis in the game for me to even think about it.

Now Farmboy's Omi I haven't done, but I did think about it, because he's Luke. Luke is just that important a character. Neither Chirrut nor Baze come close.
  • Im talking about the characters in the game not the actual characters from the movies/games.

The only interesting about him is that he might be gay? Did you even watch R1? Dude is blind and has connection to the force and kicks some major behind, and bro shot down a tie fighter as well
  • Dude is blind and has connection to the force and kicks some major behind

So ... do you actually think that he's the only character who kicks behind? Or the only character with a strong connection to the force? You do realize that Luke could block attacks with a blast helmet on, right? Meaning that he could fight without being able to see.

So Luke could do everything that Chirrut could do, even fight with his eyes closed if he wanted, but he **also** can open his eyes if he wants.

Chirrut's special in that he has a connection to the force but does NOT use a lightsaber, but ...okay? And any Jedi can fight blinded, but Chirrut actually does? Okay. So he's not any more powerful and he's not doing anything that the weakest Jedi can't do. He just does it more often because he doesn't have a choice.

So, yeah. Chirrut isn't very compelling in the lore. He doesn't do anything special in the game (his best move is like 1/2 of Rex's FormUP). Baze is even less compelling. We don't know anything about him except that he carries a large weapon. He's honestly less interesting than Chewbacca.

So... Chirrut and Baze got their day in the sun when they were part of the meta years ago, but they just aren't nearly as important as Luke. So while you're complaining about Luke getting an Omicron, of the three characters, he's by far the most important. It's no surprise that he got one and they didn't.
  • Its heehaw to do with importance or even legend/canon or even popularity now.

Its to do with what Disney produce and with the odd kit change to an existing character that fits a new meta character.
  • God....when someone goes into multiple paragraphs about issues. Ffs Kenobi was there when the twins were separated but didnt about leia. Kanan was blind too ffs but there lies the problem. Too much good canon ignored, too nany irrelevant characters that promised much but were useless. EP with thousands of star destroyers to be laid to waste of some eejits on horses ffs.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    I would like to see them getting omicrons as well. I always liked them but they haven’t been actually useful in ages.

• He's honestly less interesting than Chewbacca.

That's rampant Wookieism right there, shame on you !
  • I believe all older characters need a tiny base stat boost, and a Zeta or Omicron. Not just Baze and Chirrut. They don't need to be beefed up to the point of taking on Darth Revan or Malgus teams, but strong enough to have a noticable value under any Rebel lead.

For in-game, to make them more enticing to use and Relic up for players, give them and Bodhi a ship together. The 3 of them could have the stolen Imperial Shuttle from Eadu. It could have a similar mechanic as Kylo, Phasma, and FOST in Kylo's Shuttle.

Making the shuttle not OP and not a weak noodle would be sufficient. I don't think that's asking a lot.

The game is already continuiously reaching high up for Endgame Guilds, but this is a "collect and gear up" game. There should be more variety at base level of the game, than chasing the next OP characters.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    IG 86 better never git gud
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Donnie Yen deserves a better swgoh toon
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member

For in-game, to make them more enticing to use and Relic up for players, give them and Bodhi a ship together. The 3 of them could have the stolen Imperial Shuttle from Eadu. It could have a similar mechanic as Kylo, Phasma, and FOST in Kylo's Shuttle.

Making the shuttle not OP and not a weak noodle would be sufficient. I don't think that's asking a lot.

I was so sure when Profundity first came out that we'd get 1-2 more ships to help flesh out a second Rebel fleet under Home One. Barring the very obvious Red Five, I thought a Rogue One (as in the stolen Shuttle that was the namesake for the movie) piloted by Bodhi and Chirrut/Baze could be a great choice too. (With the bonus for CG being that the main pilot is one of the most widely undergeared toons in the game and this would force investment in him). I speculated that it could even have some interesting theorycrafting/flexibility implications if they did something creative like giving it dual Empire/Rebel tags and making it have slightly different abilities depending on which Capital Ship it's under (to emphasize the lore of how Bodhi was a turncoat Imperial). Technically lorewise it would make more sense for it to have Prof synergy instead, but I'm sure most of us wouldn't be that picky to have another option.
  • TVF wrote: »
    IG 86 better never git gud

Well you could just take him from R8 to R9 and then hope he gets 3 zetas and an omi