Is there that many cheaters or are teams that unbalanced?

My Phoenix team is all level 85 and all 12 gear or higher and Ezra has a level 2 relic amplifier, all are zeta'd and Hyra is Omega'd and there's many teams that just destroy me in arena with guys under level 80, no zetas or relic amplifiers? My question is, are these people cheating or is the game this unbalanced because I get slaughtered like not even close. Half the time, I never even get a turn.

Replies

• There is no known way to cheat
    on defense. Phoenix also isn’t exactly a GL caliber team.
  • GL? Sorry fairly new to game?
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Oh, all good. Galactic legend. It was an exaggeration. GLs are the best characters in the game. You can view them in journey guide under the galactic legends page.
  • Thanks, so the teams are just unbalanced. I understand the GL guys being OP but I feel like basic teams should be fairly balanced. Am I wrong? Doesn't that lend itself to everyone really playing with the same teams?
  • Robman_181 wrote: »
    Thanks, so the teams are just unbalanced. I understand the GL guys being OP but I feel like basic teams should be fairly balanced. Am I wrong? Doesn't that lend itself to everyone really playing with the same teams?

It depends. Some teams work better with different counters. Geos can absolutely wreck clones and others (unless GAS is on the clone team), but the triumvirate or darth vader will destroy geos, but can be beat by clones.
    Thanks, so the teams are just unbalanced. I understand the GL guys being OP but I feel like basic teams should be fairly balanced. Am I wrong? Doesn't that lend itself to everyone really playing with the same teams?

It depends. Some teams work better with different counters. Geos can absolutely wreck clones and others (unless GAS is on the clone team), but the triumvirate or darth vader will destroy geos, but can be beat by clones.

Basically what he just said, its all about counters.
    But generally phoenix is a bad team, they are used for unlocking thrawn and thats it.
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    It would be smart to look at your mods also. You can prob find some beginner mod tutorials on grandarenascience.com or even youtube, though gac science is very good. try modding hera, zeb, kannan, and chopper for health and speed. then try to do ezra with crit chance or crit damage, offense/damage, and speed. protect ezra with all other units. he brings the firepower. if you are using sabine then i can’t help you there.
  • It would be wise to switch focus to gearing thrawn and imps for him since i’m guessing you have him 7*
  • Thanks for the advice everyone. Just wish I hadn't spent money leveling these guys up that high. My kid loves the cartoon and was really hoping to play with these guys a lot because he loves to watch me play with them.
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Just wish I hadn't spent money leveling these guys up that high. My kid loves the cartoon and was really hoping to play with these guys a lot because he loves to watch me play with them.

Tell him to watch clone wars. Then get gas and eventually GL kenobi ;)
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member
    It's a common beginner pitfall. Sadly Phoenix as a faction/team just isn't that great.
  • Ya, they look awesome at the beginning. i remember when i was younger (you know back in my prime) i thought that that revive and the assists were the best thing in the world. Although, if you are in a guild, hera’s omicron is helpful if you want to put them on defense.
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Just wish I hadn't spent money leveling these guys up that high. My kid loves the cartoon and was really hoping to play with these guys a lot because he loves to watch me play with them.

Squad arena is kinda valueless also. you could use them on that team too, if your kid likes it then i’m sure you do too.
  • Your kid sounds like a nice kid. Personally I’d say spending some time having a bit of fun together sounds better than spending time fine tuning mods for wins in arena. Just keep on building teams your kid likes & you’ll have a better time playing the game than most.

The game is much more complex than it seems at first glance. For every team there are other teams that can beat it even if developed less, teams that can beat it at the same level and teams that can beat it only if developed (significantly) higher. Development is a combination of gear/relic levels and mods.

But as @Wed_Santa said, if you have fun with Phoenix, have fun.
  • Georgee wrote: »
    Robman_181 wrote: »

The game is much more complex than it seems at first glance. For every team there are other teams that can beat it even if developed less, teams that can beat it at the same level and teams that can beat it only if developed (significantly) higher. Development is a combination of gear/relic levels and mods.

But as @Wed_Santa said, if you have fun with Phoenix, have fun.

Add datacrons to that list :neutral:
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    Yes, this game is kind of weird. You can have teams like g9 that can beat some relic teams. So sometimes gear doesnt matter...