When will CG start testing things?

Replies

• Under certain conditions you can inifnite loop with him. As I said, I'm totally 101% absolutely without any doubt sure that they tested this and it is WAI.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Oh wow, looks like double momentum gain is not WAI, what a surprise.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Oh wow, Reva being bugged, who would've thought.

Oh and Zorii bugged aswell granting unlimited damage immunities, cool.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    To be fair, they do test things.
    Just not as well as they should.
  • They just let ahnald do it for them.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    They just let ahnald do it for them.

Like any other game developer does, let the players find the bugs in systems you are too familiar with
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Oh wow, Poggle omi under investigation just a few hours after it got released, cool.

Might be a new record?
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    hsv216 wrote: »
    Traya omicron not tested
    Scythe not tested
    TIE Defender not tested

Does CG actually have a QA / Testing team at all? If they do, they really need to think about a new line of work. I would suggest their jobs are on the line.

Have they tested Trench?
    Have they tested Reva?

Really CG?

Reva clearly wasn't tested either :D
    Poggle Omi, clearly not...

Cal looks like they got it right, but was this testing or luck?
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Oh wow, Poggle omi under investigation just a few hours after it got released, cool.

Might be a new record?

Is there a "Follow" button for your posts? I am literally spitting my coffee out with every sarcastic "oh wow" and "cool".
  • Two untested, MU warping bugs in a row that cost players crystals and which make CG money (from Omi, gear packs sold at release before the hotfix)??? Tell me it isn't so!

this-is-getting-out-of-hand-now-there-are-two.gif
  • Mohrg wrote: »

That remains to be seen as most of his squad is still not in the game. But he is overperforming with Rey compared to their announcement/insights post. Suffice to say, whoever is "testing" over there has no idea what they're doing.

That remains to be seen as most of his squad is still not in the game. But he is overperforming with Rey compared to their announcement/insights post. Suffice to say, whoever is "testing" over there has no idea what they're doing.

As long as he is over-performing with Rey and not against her. Then it is undoubtedly nerf time.

Maybe they test without mods
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Oh wow, we have reached the stage of "we know it's bugged but we gonna release it anyway" with the Merrin release, cool.

Trench also bugged with his assists.

GI instakill bypassing Ben getting fixed, interesting. Maybe while you're at it, fix his instakill to actually work and not be stopped by JMK's savior if GI only has 2 omis? But I guess being forced to apply all 3 omis to make the special one actually work vs JMK is by design. Apply omi to activate another omi is the new hot stuff.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Oh wow, we have reached the stage of "we know it's bugged but we gonna release it anyway" with the Merrin release, cool.

Trench also bugged with his assists.

GI instakill bypassing Ben getting fixed, interesting. Maybe while you're at it, fix his instakill to actually work and not be stopped by JMK's savior if GI only has 2 omis? But I guess being forced to apply all 3 omis to make the special one actually work vs JMK is by design. Apply omi to activate another omi is the new hot stuff.

The funniest part about the Grand Inquisitor bug is it occurs under Reva lead even if you have all 3 applied.
  • Altzair
    132 posts Member
    Well they found a bug with Merrin the day before she got released. So I'd say there is no testing done before a character/ship is released.

As we all joke we are the testers
  • Altzair wrote: »
    Well they found a bug with Merrin the day before she got released. So I'd say there is no testing done before a character/ship is released.

How did they find that bug without testing? It wasn't the players because it happened before release.
  • Altzair wrote: »

Who said it was a joke
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    CG probably isn't losing any money by not testing everything to the fullest before they release it. Especially when players will find the problems for free.

They claimed it was the beta program that leaked the datacrons and other stuff, but things are still getting leaked. So, maybe it wasn't the beta program?

If it starts effecting their revenue, perhaps they will start something like a beta tester group again. Doubtful though.

They don't even put all the bugs they know about on the dev tracker, nor have they fixed certain bugs for an extended period of time. (The Tech EMP nade noise reverberation after a match still happens once or twice a week and that one's been going on since Bad Batch was released.)
  • August
  • Johnnyreb wrote: »
    $$CG$$ thinks it’s more cost effective to just let the players do all their testing and when there are enough complaints then maybe they’ll think about adjusting the toon or ship. We are just free labor to them!!!!

To be fair, the people that do day 1 testing usually pay for the privilege.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Oh wow, looks like you can't roll the UFU stuff on lvl6 for DS, only for LS, cool. Thanks god CG made a PSA post about it. Oh wait...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Oh wow, looks like you can't roll the UFU stuff on lvl6 for DS, only for LS, cool. Thanks god CG made a PSA post about it. Oh wait...

Wrong thread.

I'm pretty sure this was purposeful, since the other two factions are DS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Wrong thread.

I'm pretty sure this was purposeful, since the other two factions are DS.

Also not sure why they should have to make a PSA for something that is literally written right in the Datacron.....
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I stand corrected, there is a way to know UFU can only spawn for LS crons by lvling up a DC to 3 and then check the "can target / can target with re-roll of level 3).
    Would be nice to have more precise info in the DC set info post that are being posted by Meathead so guild officers don't need to start theory crafting based on wrong assumptions.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    I stand corrected, there is a way to know UFU can only spawn for LS crons by lvling up a DC to 3 and then check the "can target / can target with re-roll of level 3).
    Would be nice to have more precise info in the DC set info post that are being posted by Meathead so guild officers don't need to start theory crafting based on wrong assumptions.

If guild officers don't make wrong assumptions, how will content get tested for CG?