Purge Trooper Squad Concept and Kit

Hey, this is just something I threw together over the last couple of days. I couldn't really come up with names for all the abilities as I wanted to primarily use the taunts and ability precursors from the Jedi: Fallen Order game as names for abilities and Uniques. Anyway, here they are, my ideas for Purge Trooper kits, and as always, open to suggestions.

Electrostaff Purge Trooper:
[Dark Side, Attacker, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Inquisitorius]
“Hunters of the Inquisitorius Program” (Unique); The Electrostaff Purge Trooper has +40% Counter Chance and recovers 5% Protection whenever he uses his Basic attack. Whenever he Critically Hits an enemy, he inflicts Potency Down for 2 turns and gains Offense Up for 1 turn. Whenever an enemy defeats an ally, they are inflicted with Purge for the rest of the encounter, which cannot be copied, resisted or prevented.
While the Electrostaff Purge Trooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +35% Critical Damage and Jedi enemies have -15% Defense.
“Come, Fight Me!” (Basic); Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy. If the enemy is buffed, the Electrostaff Purge Trooper has a 40% chance to deal damage again and Dispel all buffs from them. Otherwise, he has a 60% chance to deal damage again and inflict Evasion Down for 2 turns. Animation: The Electrostaff Purge Trooper strafes toward the target enemy and swings and/or thrusts his staff at them 1-3 times.
“Scared, Jedi?” (Special); Cooldown of 4; Gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns, then deal Physical Damage 5 times to the target enemy, which cannot be Evaded and inflicts Defense Down for 2 turns. If the target enemy is a Jedi, reduce the Electrostaff Purge Troopers Cooldowns by 1. If the target enemy is a Rebel, gain 50% turn-meter. Animation: The Electrostaff Purge Trooper approaches the target enemy, spinning his staff in his hands, striking the enemy many times.
“Die! Die!” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy and Stun them for 1 turn. If the target enemy had Purge, this attack cannot be Evaded and deals 10% more damage for each stack of Purge on them. Animation: The Electrostaff Purge Trooper leaps into the air and brings his staff down on the target enemy with an airborne spin attack.

Purge Trooper Commander:
[Dark Side, Tank, Leader, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Inquisitorius]
“Believer” (Unique); Whenever the Purge Trooper Commander Evades an attack, he has a 50% chance to Assist against the attacker. His attacks out of turn deal 35% less damage but inflict Critical Chance Down for 2 turns. For each Inquisitorius ally at the start of battle, the Purge Trooper Commander gains 5% Max Protection and Critical Damage.
While the Purge Trooper Commander is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +20% Tenacity and Jedi enemies have -20% Deflection.
“Jedi Hunters” (Leader); Inquisitorius allies have +30% Max Protection and Critical Damage. If no other ally has the Leader tag and all allies are Imperial Trooper at the start of battle, all allies have +50 Speed and +25% Defense Penetration.
At the start of an encounter, Jedi and Rebel enemies are inflicted with 1 stack of Purge, 2 stacks on Rebel Jedi enemies. Imperial Trooper allies with the Inquisitorius tag have +20% Critical Chance against enemies with Purge.
“(insert name)” (Basic); Deal Special Damage to the target enemy with a 70% chance to attack a second time and a 40% chance to attack a third time. Each hit scored heals the Purge Trooper Commander equal to 4% of his Max Health and each hit Evaded grants him 10% turn-meter. Animation: Purge Trooper Commander raises and fires blaster 1-3 times.
“DC-15LE Blaster Rifle” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Special Damage to all enemies and inflict Shock and Damage Over Time for 2 turns, which cannot be Countered. Enemies debuffed before this attack lose 30% turn-meter, and enemies with Purge are Critically Hit if able. The Cooldown of this ability is reduced by 1 whenever the Purge Trooper Commander is Critically Hit. Animation: Purge Trooper Commander lightly tosses a shock grenade, zapping all enemies.
“(insert name)” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Special Damage to the target enemy and 2 random other enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. This attack has 15% Defense Penetration for each debuff on an enemy and grants all Inquisiitorius allies Offense Up for 2 turns. Animation: Purge Trooper Commander loads and fires shotgun round.

Electrobaton Purge Trooper:
[Dark Side, Support, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Inquisitorius]
“Agile Combatant” (Unique); The Electrobaton Purge Trooper has +35% Counter Chance and has 25% bonus Offense and Potency when attacking out of turn. Whenever the Electrobaton Purge Trooper deals damage with his Basic ability, he inflicts 1 stack of Damage Over Time for 2 turns.
Whenever he Critically Hits an enemy, the Electrobaton Purge Trooper gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns and removes 50% turn-meter from that enemy, gaining half the turn-meter removed this way.
While the Electrobaton Purge Trooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +15% Speed and Counter Chance and Rebel and Jedi enemies with Purge cannot gain bonus turn-meter.
“(insert name)” (Basic); Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy twice and gain Evasion Up for 2 turns. If the Electrobaton Purge Trooper already has Evasion Up, grant him Advantage for 2 turns if the target enemy also has 2 or more debuffs. Animation: Strafing left and right, the Electrobaton Purge Trooper strikes the target enemy’s flanks, instead leaping into the air for attacks that score a Critical Hit.
“For the Empire” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Physical Damage 3 times to the target enemy and Stagger them for 2 turns. Imperial Trooper allies gain 30% turn-meter, doubled for the Electrobaton Purge Trooper. Empire allies gain Speed Up for 1 turn if any of these attacks Critically hit. Animation: The Electrobaton Purge Trooper goes on the offensive, making 3 controlled thrusts against the target enemy.
“(insert name)” (Special); Cooldown of 4; Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy. This attack cannot be Evaded and ignores Protection. Inflict Stagger and Ability Block for 2 turns. This ability starts on cooldown and its cooldown is reduced by 1 when using the ‘For the Empire’ ability. Animation: The Electrobaton Purge Trooper crouches with his batons at the ready in an ‘x’ across his chest and shoulders, then springs forward and slashes the target enemy.

Electrohammer Purge Trooper:
“The Empire Gives Me Strength” (Unique); Whenever the Electrohammer Purge Trooper is Critically Hit, dispel all debuffs from him and grant him Defense Up and Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn.
If Emperor Palpatine is an ally at the start of battle, the Electrohammer Purge Trooper has +50% Critical Damage. If any Vader is an ally at the start of battle, the Electrohammer Purge Trooper has +10% Speed and Critical Chance. Whenever he deals damage to an enemy, the Electrohammer Purge Trooper has +5% Offense, Potency and Critical Damage for each stack of Purge on them.
While the Electrohammer Purge Trooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies recover 5% Health and Protection on being Critically Hit.
“(insert name)” (Basic); Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy, then deal Physical Damage again that cannot be Evaded. Inflict Defense Down for 2 turns, and on a Critical Hit inflict 1 stack of Purge for the rest of the encounter, which cannot be evaded, resisted or prevented.
If it is his turn, the Electrohammer Purge Trooper recovers 15% Protection and gains 1 stack of Resilient Defense.
Animation: The Electrohammer Purge Trooper swings his hammer low, then kicks at the target enemy.
“Emperor Give Me Strength” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Special Damage to all enemies and gain 1 stack of Resilient Defense for each Inquisitorius and each Imperial Trooper ally. Inquisitorius allies gain Defense Up for 2 turns and Imperial Trooper allies gain Evasion Up for 2 turns. Animation: Electrohammer Purge Trooper charges their hammer and slams it into the ground, sending a pulse of energy toward the enemy team.
“Death Comes For You” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Special Damage to the target enemy and inflict Ability Block and Speed Down on them for 2 turns. If Emperor Palpatine is an ally at the start of battle, this attack has +50% Critical Damage and Potency. Animation: The Electrohammer Purge Trooper charges their hammer, strafes toward the target enemy and slams his weapon into the ground.

I'd love to hear what anyone has to say, if they have any ability name suggestions or ideas for revision. As I said, I threw these together in just a couple days, with only about a half hour's thought and a wiki search lol. I think it's interesting that SWGOH uses "Inquisitorius" instead of "Inquisitor" as the chosen tag, which obviously opens up a chance for the Purge Troopers to walk through the doors and explore the Empire faction deeper than ever, allowing for more antis of the largest Light Side factions (Jedi and Rebel) which are slowly becoming more and more OP, especially with the additions from Jedi: Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor coming around the corner.
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.

Replies

• Also, I am aware that the Electrohammer Purge Trooper's "The Empire Gives Me Strength" and "Emperor Give Me Strength" are quite repetitive sounding, but hey, that's what he says in the game lol.
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • These look really good, would love to see them under a versio lead excluding the commander
  • Hm, interesting idea! ... Altho sadly that'd be too overpowered for them to actually be put in, I think. Maybe I should actually work to make them more dependent on an Inquisitorius being in the Leader slot? Nonetheless, that'd be fun to see Iden leading them
  • Maybe their squad could be 2 leftover inqs (once GI and reva are acquired) and iden
  • Maybe. Then that would leave some Purge Troopers to buff another Empire or Imperial Trooper team, acting as a nice way to uphold a couple Empire teams.
  • Anyone have suggestions or comments on the kits themselves?
  • Tek_Vizsla wrote: »
    Hey, this is just something I threw together over the last couple of days. I couldn't really come up with names for all the abilities as I wanted to primarily use the taunts and ability precursors from the Jedi: Fallen Order game as names for abilities and Uniques. Anyway, here they are, my ideas for Purge Trooper kits, and as always, open to suggestions.

Electrostaff Purge Trooper:
    “Hunters of the Inquisitorius Program” (Unique); The Electrostaff Purge Trooper has +40% Counter Chance and recovers 5% Protection whenever he uses his Basic attack. Whenever he Critically Hits an enemy, he inflicts Potency Down for 2 turns and gains Offense Up for 1 turn. Whenever an enemy defeats an ally, they are inflicted with Purge for the rest of the encounter, which cannot be copied, resisted or prevented.
    While the Electrostaff Purge Trooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +35% Critical Damage and Jedi enemies have -15% Defense.
    “Come, Fight Me!” (Basic); Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy. If the enemy is buffed, the Electrostaff Purge Trooper has a 40% chance to deal damage again and Dispel all buffs from them. Otherwise, he has a 60% chance to deal damage again and inflict Evasion Down for 2 turns. Animation: The Electrostaff Purge Trooper strafes toward the target enemy and swings and/or thrusts his staff at them 1-3 times.
    “Scared, Jedi?” (Special); Cooldown of 4; Gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns, then deal Physical Damage 5 times to the target enemy, which cannot be Evaded and inflicts Defense Down for 2 turns. If the target enemy is a Jedi, reduce the Electrostaff Purge Troopers Cooldowns by 1. If the target enemy is a Rebel, gain 50% turn-meter. Animation: The Electrostaff Purge Trooper approaches the target enemy, spinning his staff in his hands, striking the enemy many times.
    “Die! Die!” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy and Stun them for 1 turn. If the target enemy had Purge, this attack cannot be Evaded and deals 10% more damage for each stack of Purge on them. Animation: The Electrostaff Purge Trooper leaps into the air and brings his staff down on the target enemy with an airborne spin attack.

Purge Trooper Commander:
    [Dark Side, Tank, Leader, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Inquisitorius]
    “Believer” (Unique); Whenever the Purge Trooper Commander Evades an attack, he has a 50% chance to Assist against the attacker. His attacks out of turn deal 35% less damage but inflict Critical Chance Down for 2 turns. For each Inquisitorius ally at the start of battle, the Purge Trooper Commander gains 5% Max Protection and Critical Damage.
    While the Purge Trooper Commander is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +20% Tenacity and Jedi enemies have -20% Deflection.
    “Jedi Hunters” (Leader); Inquisitorius allies have +30% Max Protection and Critical Damage. If no other ally has the Leader tag and all allies are Imperial Trooper at the start of battle, all allies have +50 Speed and +25% Defense Penetration.
    At the start of an encounter, Jedi and Rebel enemies are inflicted with 1 stack of Purge, 2 stacks on Rebel Jedi enemies. Imperial Trooper allies with the Inquisitorius tag have +20% Critical Chance against enemies with Purge.
    “(insert name)” (Basic); Deal Special Damage to the target enemy with a 70% chance to attack a second time and a 40% chance to attack a third time. Each hit scored heals the Purge Trooper Commander equal to 4% of his Max Health and each hit Evaded grants him 10% turn-meter. Animation: Purge Trooper Commander raises and fires blaster 1-3 times.
    “DC-15LE Blaster Rifle” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Special Damage to all enemies and inflict Shock and Damage Over Time for 2 turns, which cannot be Countered. Enemies debuffed before this attack lose 30% turn-meter, and enemies with Purge are Critically Hit if able. The Cooldown of this ability is reduced by 1 whenever the Purge Trooper Commander is Critically Hit. Animation: Purge Trooper Commander lightly tosses a shock grenade, zapping all enemies.
    “(insert name)” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Special Damage to the target enemy and 2 random other enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. This attack has 15% Defense Penetration for each debuff on an enemy and grants all Inquisiitorius allies Offense Up for 2 turns. Animation: Purge Trooper Commander loads and fires shotgun round.

Electrobaton Purge Trooper:
    [Dark Side, Support, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Inquisitorius]
    “Agile Combatant” (Unique); The Electrobaton Purge Trooper has +35% Counter Chance and has 25% bonus Offense and Potency when attacking out of turn. Whenever the Electrobaton Purge Trooper deals damage with his Basic ability, he inflicts 1 stack of Damage Over Time for 2 turns.
    Whenever he Critically Hits an enemy, the Electrobaton Purge Trooper gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns and removes 50% turn-meter from that enemy, gaining half the turn-meter removed this way.
    While the Electrobaton Purge Trooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +15% Speed and Counter Chance and Rebel and Jedi enemies with Purge cannot gain bonus turn-meter.
    “(insert name)” (Basic); Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy twice and gain Evasion Up for 2 turns. If the Electrobaton Purge Trooper already has Evasion Up, grant him Advantage for 2 turns if the target enemy also has 2 or more debuffs. Animation: Strafing left and right, the Electrobaton Purge Trooper strikes the target enemy’s flanks, instead leaping into the air for attacks that score a Critical Hit.
    “For the Empire” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Physical Damage 3 times to the target enemy and Stagger them for 2 turns. Imperial Trooper allies gain 30% turn-meter, doubled for the Electrobaton Purge Trooper. Empire allies gain Speed Up for 1 turn if any of these attacks Critically hit. Animation: The Electrobaton Purge Trooper goes on the offensive, making 3 controlled thrusts against the target enemy.
    “(insert name)” (Special); Cooldown of 4; Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy. This attack cannot be Evaded and ignores Protection. Inflict Stagger and Ability Block for 2 turns. This ability starts on cooldown and its cooldown is reduced by 1 when using the ‘For the Empire’ ability. Animation: The Electrobaton Purge Trooper crouches with his batons at the ready in an ‘x’ across his chest and shoulders, then springs forward and slashes the target enemy.

Electrohammer Purge Trooper:
    “The Empire Gives Me Strength” (Unique); Whenever the Electrohammer Purge Trooper is Critically Hit, dispel all debuffs from him and grant him Defense Up and Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn.
    If Emperor Palpatine is an ally at the start of battle, the Electrohammer Purge Trooper has +50% Critical Damage. If any Vader is an ally at the start of battle, the Electrohammer Purge Trooper has +10% Speed and Critical Chance. Whenever he deals damage to an enemy, the Electrohammer Purge Trooper has +5% Offense, Potency and Critical Damage for each stack of Purge on them.
    While the Electrohammer Purge Trooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies recover 5% Health and Protection on being Critically Hit.
    “(insert name)” (Basic); Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy, then deal Physical Damage again that cannot be Evaded. Inflict Defense Down for 2 turns, and on a Critical Hit inflict 1 stack of Purge for the rest of the encounter, which cannot be evaded, resisted or prevented.
    If it is his turn, the Electrohammer Purge Trooper recovers 15% Protection and gains 1 stack of Resilient Defense.
    Animation: The Electrohammer Purge Trooper swings his hammer low, then kicks at the target enemy.
    “Emperor Give Me Strength” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Special Damage to all enemies and gain 1 stack of Resilient Defense for each Inquisitorius and each Imperial Trooper ally. Inquisitorius allies gain Defense Up for 2 turns and Imperial Trooper allies gain Evasion Up for 2 turns. Animation: Electrohammer Purge Trooper charges their hammer and slams it into the ground, sending a pulse of energy toward the enemy team.
    “Death Comes For You” (Special); Cooldown of 3; Deal Special Damage to the target enemy and inflict Ability Block and Speed Down on them for 2 turns. If Emperor Palpatine is an ally at the start of battle, this attack has +50% Critical Damage and Potency. Animation: The Electrohammer Purge Trooper charges their hammer, strafes toward the target enemy and slams his weapon into the ground.

I'd love to hear what anyone has to say, if they have any ability name suggestions or ideas for revision. As I said, I threw these together in just a couple days, with only about a half hour's thought and a wiki search lol. I think it's interesting that SWGOH uses "Inquisitorius" instead of "Inquisitor" as the chosen tag, which obviously opens up a chance for the Purge Troopers to walk through the doors and explore the Empire faction deeper than ever, allowing for more antis of the largest Light Side factions (Jedi and Rebel) which are slowly becoming more and more OP, especially with the additions from Jedi: Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor coming around the corner.