AN END TO THE OCCUPATION

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    I for one am really on the fence about bringing my SLKR and my R9 86 back.

If you like having a leader that can't handle a civil conversation, you found the right guild
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I find it interesting how much attention success gains from communists who need to stir up trouble to make their lives less dull.
    The reason I have stopped by this thread is I have found your posts on Jedi Consular to be quirky, stubborn and obstinate. “Success” is definitely not part of the reason.
    I'm going to continue on with raids without a join period for the rest of the week. If our members don't like the result, it proves I had it right to begin with. Either way, I have no reason to be disappointed. Thanks.
    The quirkiness and stubbornness continues.

How can your members like raids with no join periods? If only 7 of the people who earned the tickets to launch a raid get rewards, how could that ever be a good thing?

You seem pretty determined that any decision you take is the right one, even when the consequences of that decision are 100% obviously to the detriment of your guild members. A good leader doesn’t even try launching raids with no join period, because they know it hurts more guild members than it helps.

Hurt? I can't imagine any of our members are hurting on account of a single raid. We help each other out. I am going to check with them again to find out if they are satisfied with the rewards they have gotten so far.

Any member that is fine with missing out on rewards probably isn't even paying enough attention to realize they're missing them.

But you would notice, right, TV?

Of course I would. And I would point out to a guild leader that they were costing everyone rewards. And it seems like in this case, I would get booted.

Doesn't seem like the best way to run a guild or attract new members, but it's not my guild, so it's not my call.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    I find it interesting how much attention success gains from communists who need to stir up trouble to make their lives less dull.
    The reason I have stopped by this thread is I have found your posts on Jedi Consular to be quirky, stubborn and obstinate. “Success” is definitely not part of the reason.
    I'm going to continue on with raids without a join period for the rest of the week. If our members don't like the result, it proves I had it right to begin with. Either way, I have no reason to be disappointed. Thanks.
    The quirkiness and stubbornness continues.

How can your members like raids with no join periods? If only 7 of the people who earned the tickets to launch a raid get rewards, how could that ever be a good thing?

You seem pretty determined that any decision you take is the right one, even when the consequences of that decision are 100% obviously to the detriment of your guild members. A good leader doesn’t even try launching raids with no join period, because they know it hurts more guild members than it helps.

Hurt? I can't imagine any of our members are hurting on account of a single raid. We help each other out. I am going to check with them again to find out if they are satisfied with the rewards they have gotten so far.

Any member that is fine with missing out on rewards probably isn't even paying enough attention to realize they're missing them.

But you would notice, right, TV?

Of course I would. And I would point out to a guild leader that they were costing everyone rewards. And it seems like in this case, I would get booted.

Doesn't seem like the best way to run a guild or attract new members, but it's not my guild, so it's not my call.

(deleted)
    Post edited by chpMINIsolo_77 on
  • Ah, I see. Well, thanks guys.
  • Phew. All clear. ;)

6ihspibzxd83.png
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Phew. All clear. ;)

6ihspibzxd83.png
    Your opponent’s score seems really low. Had they set a full defence?
    Post edited by DarjeloSalas on
  • Phew. All clear. ;)

6ihspibzxd83.png

That would be a pretty weak showing on offense for a guild that was short on defense. Goodbye, Dary.
  • Phew. All clear. ;)

6ihspibzxd83.png

That would be a pretty weak showing on offense for a guild that was short on defense. Goodbye, Dary.

I don't understand what you mean, Whalls?

Your opponent can't possibly have set a full defence, because on a board with 14 teams per zone, they would have earned 8x14x30 banners for ground squads and 2x14x34 banners for fleets. So they should have had 4312 banners before attack phase began. But since the best they could have scored for attacking was 1290, they were around 3000 banners short when setting defence.

Maybe their leader isn't aware that your guild was awarded 20 banners for each empty slot AND the zone clear bonus for any zone left completely empty. If your opponent is happy to miss out on ~3000 points and hand over thousands of points to their opponents for doing nothing, they obviously couldn't care less about the war outcome.

That's a lucky result for you, Whulls, to face a guild who are disorganised enough to not set a full defence. Fingers crossed you keep meeting guilds with similar foolish strategy!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Phew. All clear. ;)

6ihspibzxd83.png

You aren't understanding what he is saying.... Your opponents have 2840 banners...

There are ten zones in TW, each requiring the same amount of defense teams to fill (in your case 14)... 10 zones, 14 teams per zone would give you 140 teams required... You get 34 banners for setting a ship defence and 30 banners for setting a squad offence..

28 ship teams x 34 banners = 952 banners
    112 ground squads x 30 banner = 3360 banners

3360+952 = 4312 banners total, yet your opponent only has 2840 banners on the board... They didn't set a full defense..
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Winning is ok.

w5jyiug3sa74.png
  • Winning is ok.

w5jyiug3sa74.png

It helps when you have an 8 million GP member in your 60m GP guild and your opponent doesnt
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Winning is ok.

w5jyiug3sa74.png

It helps when you have an 8 million GP member in your 60m GP guild and your opponent doesnt

That is true. Still, based on what I have seen so far, we could still hold it down with or without. Thanks for the interest.
  • Join today. :)
  • We are potent for a 60 mil guild but quite possibly in store for our first TW defeat within 32 hrs. It'll give us an opportunity to see what strengths and weaknesses we need to address.

https://recruit.swgoh.gg/guild/1449/vaulting-ambition

We have already recruited members who were reading this thread. There are 2 member slots available since this morning, ideally open to anyone with Gen. Skywalker activated already.

May the Force be with you in your future endeavors.
  • I will continue to offer updates on TW performance but unfortunately we are limited in what *TBs we can participate in.

We could use double the GP, increased as our membership is filtered and refined. >3M GP and omicron units are the trending standard for us now. Happy grinding!
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    We could use double the GP, increased as our membership is filtered and refined.

What does this mean? Kicking out low GP players if a higher GP candidate wants to join? Absolutely savage 😂.

• I am speechless. This is a guild that i would never join.
  • DMG_SW wrote: »
    We could use double the GP, increased as our membership is filtered and refined.

What does this mean? Kicking out low GP players if a higher GP candidate wants to join? Absolutely savage 😂.

Most of the members I have removed since the guild was created had no activity in over 6 days.
  • Summer78 wrote: »
    I am speechless. This is a guild that i would never join.

But...you are not speechless then.
  • I'm surprised anyone stays in your guild from what i see people say about it, and your proud of that territory war win you show. I would be embarrassed to brag about that win. That win seemed like it was just given to you. That is not a win to be proud of at all.
  • Search "Vaulting Ambition" for the invite.
  • Nearly full again. Some return members. Open to join in case you want to see how we do in TW.
  • We started out behind but hopefully our lead will hold.

3a6vqvd8m9ji.png
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    That turned out to be a curious defeat. Considering we gained our lead, and were 1 squad and four fleets away from securing our win, I'd almost go so far as to say we have a saboteur in our midst. Definitely a deficit of effort. It was foreseeable but still disappointing. This must be what it feels like to be a politician.
  • We that is probably because you want up against a better guild then your's. That is what happens when you don't get a weak guild. You lose.
  • Peanut gallery. '-)
  • I strongly recommend against joining this guild. The leader doesn’t really know what he’s doing. For example, in TW we just lost because he broke up all his strong characters with synergy to put them into weird teams (Bastilla leading Jawas, JKR under Hera lead, GMY under Finn lead, etc). I tried to explain to him how they would be better together and he kicked me out ten minutes before TW ended.

I also saw him giving advice to a new player telling him to use Teebo for the C3P0 event, which is terrible advice. Steer far away from this guild - you will get bad advice in chat and if you make the leader mad (not hard to do) he will kick you out and make you miss out on rewards.
  • I strongly recommend against joining this guild. The leader doesn’t really know what he’s doing. For example, in TW we just lost because he broke up all his strong characters with synergy to put them into weird teams (Bastilla leading Jawas, JKR under Hera lead, GMY under Finn lead, etc). I tried to explain to him how they would be better together and he kicked me out ten minutes before TW ended.

I also saw him giving advice to a new player telling him to use Teebo for the C3P0 event, which is terrible advice. Steer far away from this guild - you will get bad advice in chat and if you make the leader mad (not hard to do) he will kick you out and make you miss out on rewards.

Sad to hear he hasnt learn anything and still provides poor leadership for his guild
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Sometimes the greatest leadership one can show is recognising that you’re not cut out for leadership.