Other fleets matter

In the Ships department, the Empire is getting all the glory and attention; what about the other factions, like the Galactic Republic which has two Capital Ships and hasn't had a new ship since 2019?; there is potential for new GR ships, such as the V-Wing, Marauder (Bad Batch shuttle), Yoda's Jedi Starfighter, Padme's ship, the Twilight and LAAT Gunship

The Separatists haven't had any new ships since 2019 also; they could add the HMP Droid Gunship, Dooku's shuttle, Ventress's fanblade starfighter, a Neimoidian Shuttle for Nute Gunray and even a Capital Ship for Admiral Trench

The First Order and Resistance don't have a full fleet

The Rebels are fine, but still need Luke's X-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing and some other ships to feel complete

Replies

• I agree. Just all around lol. But also especially with the fact that some of the most key ships are missing in the game. Namely, as said, Luke's Red 5 X-Wing and other iconic Rebel ships as well as an LAAT Gunship and perhaps Yoda's Jedi Starfighter. (I might add that General Grevious's starfighter would be nice but.. one pilot, two ships doesn't work haha. Additionally, I would like to see ships from the Final Order and some Resistance ships to challenge them)
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Tek_Vizsla wrote: »
    I agree. Just all around lol. But also especially with the fact that some of the most key ships are missing in the game. Namely, as said, Luke's Red 5 X-Wing and other iconic Rebel ships as well as an LAAT Gunship and perhaps Yoda's Jedi Starfighter. (I might add that General Grevious's starfighter would be nice but.. one pilot, two ships doesn't work haha. Additionally, I would like to see ships from the Final Order and some Resistance ships to challenge them)

The Soulless One can be used by Grievous if the Malevolence is destroyed in a new ability called "Time To Abandon Ship"
  • Hmm, yes, that could definitely work and would bring the Separatist fleet a little closer to worth actually trying in Fleet Arena and something more than a reserve team in Grand Arena haha. The Soulless One would be focused on offense and rather low defense, right? I'd definitely like to see new mechanics like that in the game, personally.
    Separate from that, I'd like to see the TIE Dagger and maybe Kylo's personal TIE ship from Episode IX. And maybe it can have a revive mechanic since Rey destroyed it twice in the same movie lol. Then in addition to Luke's X Wing you could add Rey's X Wing. This way, introducing a GL-piloted ship wouldn't destroy fleet balancing since you'll have two, making such a goal slightly more available while also making sure you have one LS and one DS GL ship.
    Just some thoughts. I'm a bit of a nerd and a relentless idea-chucker, lol
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Do you two even play the game?.... LOL....

This isn't about lore all the time (akmost never is) and toons and ships get released on timelines.... They can't flood the game with everything everyone that has a niche weird fetich in Star Wars wants....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Do you two even play the game?.... LOL....

This isn't about lore all the time (akmost never is) and toons and ships get released on timelines.... They can't flood the game with everything everyone that has a niche weird fetich in Star Wars wants....

I've been playing for years, as a matter of fact
  • Zombefyer wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Zombefyer wrote: »

And you chase toons based on lore?
  • *easing outta here*... lol

Please stop trolling me
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member

So? Why not? If they have fun with the way they play, that's all that matters.
    We are all made of star-stuff

Honestly, I want/conceptualize characters and ships based on a lot of things, including and often especially just what the game seems to be missing, and my balance on that shifts from one day to the next. But I don't think that because we have differences in what we want to see or how we want it to come about we should judge or attack one another.
    Lumiya wrote: »

Yes, even though I don't go about things quite the same as either Zombefyer OR BubbaFett, I can see that either approach has plenty of sense behind it. Can we not fight over a game, please?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Tek_Vizsla wrote: »

Honestly, I want/conceptualize characters and ships based on a lot of things, including and often especially just what the game seems to be missing, and my balance on that shifts from one day to the next. But I don't think that because we have differences in what we want to see or how we want it to come about we should judge or attack one another.

Yes, even though I don't go about things quite the same as either Zombefyer OR BubbaFett, I can see that either approach has plenty of sense behind it. Can we not fight over a game, please?

I'm not looking to "fight", as you said it's just a game...

Simply put, Meta shifts in this game all of the time... Galactic republic was meta alongside Separatist for a while.The rebels had the HMF meta before that and now the empire is meta alongside Profundity....

Now it looks like the meta will be shifting to Sith Empire in the near future and, in due time, something else will come along to challenge or even replace that...

While the concept of breathing new life into old fleets isn't a terrible one, we also have to understand that CG is a business and needs to generate revenue from the game. Th eonly way to do that i sto bring in new metas that challenge players rsource management skills whether those resources come from their inventory and or their wallet... Adding a couple of ships to beef up an old meta doesn't generate that revenue..
    Tek_Vizsla wrote: »

I'm not looking to "fight", as you said it's just a game...

Simply put, Meta shifts in this game all of the time... Galactic republic was meta alongside Separatist for a while.The rebels had the HMF meta before that and now the empire is meta alongside Profundity....

Now it looks like the meta will be shifting to Sith Empire in the near future and, in due time, something else will come along to challenge or even replace that...

While the concept of breathing new life into old fleets isn't a terrible one, we also have to understand that CG is a business and needs to generate revenue from the game. Th eonly way to do that i sto bring in new metas that challenge players rsource management skills whether those resources come from their inventory and or their wallet... Adding a couple of ships to beef up an old meta doesn't generate that revenue..

I do understand your side, really. Of course they need to bring in money and adding new shiny toys is the best bet for doing just that. But at the same time is it really something they want to do to make the oldest fleets the weakest? New players are finding it harder and harder to become established players much less high-end ones with how much emphasis is put on earning the newest thing and if this keeps happening, I might find myself in the future unable to deny that this game is a fully-fledged pay2play game without much care for their players, despite that I've gotten somewhere with only having given up $20 dollars across however many years.