AN END TO THE OCCUPATION

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I strongly recommend against joining this guild. The leader doesn’t really know what he’s doing. For example, in TW we just lost because he broke up all his strong characters with synergy to put them into weird teams (Bastilla leading Jawas, JKR under Hera lead, GMY under Finn lead, etc). I tried to explain to him how they would be better together and he kicked me out ten minutes before TW ended.

I also saw him giving advice to a new player telling him to use Teebo for the C3P0 event, which is terrible advice. Steer far away from this guild - you will get bad advice in chat and if you make the leader mad (not hard to do) he will kick you out and make you miss out on rewards.

Are you sure we are speaking of the same Whills?

Whilly DM'd me in game last week for some roster advice and seemed like a genuinely nice fella who was somewhat knowledgeable and seeking to round out his roster.

I certainly couldn't see him placing such poorly composed squads in TW and sabotaging this guild he has worked so hard to create. Nor can I see him kicking someone prior to the guild getting rewards.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    I strongly recommend against joining this guild. The leader doesn’t really know what he’s doing. For example, in TW we just lost because he broke up all his strong characters with synergy to put them into weird teams (Bastilla leading Jawas, JKR under Hera lead, GMY under Finn lead, etc). I tried to explain to him how they would be better together and he kicked me out ten minutes before TW ended.

I also saw him giving advice to a new player telling him to use Teebo for the C3P0 event, which is terrible advice. Steer far away from this guild - you will get bad advice in chat and if you make the leader mad (not hard to do) he will kick you out and make you miss out on rewards.

Are you sure we are speaking of the same Whills?

Whilly DM'd me in game last week for some roster advice and seemed like a genuinely nice fella who was somewhat knowledgeable and seeking to round out his roster.

I certainly couldn't see him placing such poorly composed squads in TW and sabotaging this guild he has worked so hard to create. Nor can I see him kicking someone prior to the guild getting rewards.

Join his guild and find out the hard way. This is totally something he would do.
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • You've been supportive on a few occasions, Bubba; I appreciate that. I've been playing this game every day for like 3 years. It's a little strange that anyone would think what I have done in that time has been for their satisfaction or approval. Perhaps more strange is that someone could be so myopic as not to see they aren't meant to control another person's experiences. I'll tell you what though: come into my guild being disrespectful to me or its members and you will get exited. It's that simple. And...we must have gotten at least 5 new members today. I lost count, really. Personally, I don't think I even needed to start this thread; I just needed to play, exercise patience, and be happy. It'd be nice if everyone could do that...
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    [Inconsequential]
    Post edited by Whills_Force on
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    You've been supportive on a few occasions, Bubba; I appreciate that. I've been playing this game every day for like 3 years. It's a little strange that anyone would think what I have done in that time has been for their satisfaction or approval. Perhaps more strange is that someone could be so myopic as not to see they aren't meant to control another person's experiences. I'll tell you what though: come into my guild being disrespectful to me or its members and you will get exited. It's that simple. And...we must have gotten at least 5 new members today. I lost count, really. Personally, I don't think I even needed to start this thread; I just needed to play, exercise patience, and be happy. It'd be nice if everyone could do that...

Hey, no problem buddy :)

I'm going to give you a bit of unsolicited advice here, please feel free to take it or leave it my friend... As someone who is part of a leadership team that has grown a guild from 53 mill to over 400 mill GP over 5 years, it has been my experience that running a successful guild is like running a small business while still remembering that it's a game and to have fun...

Booting someone should never be taken lightly and, as frustrating as it is when guildmates don't pull their weight, much like workers in a business that don't pull their weight they deserve their "severence package" which, in this case, would be their TW rewards... It costs you and your guild nothing to allow them to have them and it will call your leadership into question and make you look petty if you deny them those rewards..

You mentioned nearsightedness and that it is strange that folks should think that what you have done is for their satisfaction or approval. Well, that's part of a guild leader's job. You can't expect 49 other other people to join your guild and do exactly what you say without question. That would be you imposing your Whills (pun intended) on them and controlling their personal experiences... If you do that, to quote the wise and powerful Obi-Wan Kenobi, "You have become the very thing you sought to destroy"...

Also, think of raids as "employee appreciation day", they are rewards for all of the work your entire guild put into getting the raid tickets to launch them. Launching them unannounced and excluding many of them is tantamount to telling them their contribution is for nothing... Not having the entire guild being able to access the raid also hold the collective back... More rewards for everyone in the guild = stronger healthier guild as well.

5 new members may sound great when phrased in that context, but that means 5 had to leave to make that room... No "business" will ever be successful while sporting a 10% employee turnover :)
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    This is not a business, it is my house. The turnover could be 98% and still be fine. Some get rewards, others do not. It all depends on who among them are visitors and who among them are fam. Occasionally, we get trespassers. Yes, I'd prefer those get none. If you want your own rules in that regard, that's why you'd have your own house.
  • Perhaps more strange is that someone could be so myopic as not to see they aren't meant to control another person's experiences.
    This is not a business, it is my house. Some get rewards, others do not.

The defence rests.
  • sqr5pto4ua2v.jpeg
    Whills, you put this team on defense. You would be wise to listen more to others who are trying to help you.
  • sqr5pto4ua2v.jpeg
    Whills, you put this team on defense. You would be wise to listen more to others who are trying to help you.

Help me do what? No advice was sought in this regard. I adjust my squads often, actually. Experimenting with various configurations is one of the more entertaining aspects of the game for me. Although I wouldn't be likely to use this one anywhere other than TW, the team you are showing here absorbed multiple attacks on the front line before being defeated. You chose to show the undisturbed state instead of the eventual outcome which implies your reason for doing so was likely to present me or my guild unfavorably from that moment. I hope you are able to find a better way of going about life.
  • Perhaps more strange is that someone could be so myopic as not to see they aren't meant to control another person's experiences.

The defence rests.

I an not sure what you are defending. Maybe you should clarify.

• Although I wouldn't be likely to use this one anywhere other than TW, the team you are showing here absorbed multiple attacks on the front line before being defeated.

We both know this isn’t true. The opponent never attacked this team because they were easily able to win with just the points they got for setting a full defense. Unless, of course, they attacked it in the last 10 minutes of TW after you had kicked me out.

The defence rests.

I an not sure what you are defending. Maybe you should clarify.
    I can’t decide if I’m surprised or completely unsurprised that I have to spell this out to you.

In one post, you decried someone as “myopic” for thinking they could control someone else’s experiences. In another post you brazenly state “my house, my rules”.

So basically you’re saying “woe betide anyone who dares questions my actions or makes a suggestion”, whilst simultaneously saying “it’s my way or the highway”. Launching raids with no join phase, dictating which TW teams are attacked - these are all controlling the experiences of your guild mates, but that’s OK because it’s you doing the controlling.

It is bordering on sociopathic to continue to run a guild based on the underlying principle that it is inconceivable that anyone who joins your guild can know more about the game than you do.

But like you say, your house, your rules.
  • I am the leader of a guild, yes. I am very glad we can rely on those who know to clarify that. Hey, one of our respectful former members says he wants to come back after he's done with some Territory Battles. That's fantastic, everybody! ^_^
  • Hello just sent request to your guild. I love that you have a hater on this chat. You must be awesome lol my name is Darth Qui and I have 5.9M GP and would like to be an anchor in your guild.
  • All slots filled on that last Territory War. Much better. Thank you for contributing to the win, Jamesel.
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Back on the path to greatness. Thanks to all respectful, engaged members for making another win possible!

c7e30ozxnm66.png
  • We are however 10M short on GP...

d1j1ntyyvumd.jpg
  • The guild is now full. Please message for notification of next available membership.
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    What do you do when 1/4 of those in your guild who join TW neither attack or set defense?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Depends if they have SLKR and an R9 86.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What do you do when 1/4 of those in your guild who join TW neither attack or set defense?
    Join a better guild?
  • Hi interested readers I joined this guild about a month ago. So far this is the most active guild I have ever been in. 41 out of 47 members joined the TW. The chat is very active and the leadership is by far the best with helpful in sites for all lvl players. If we have room and your looking for some help maybe just maybe you can join this guild I call home.
  • 69mach1
    30 posts Member
    Hi interested readers I joined this guild about a month ago. So far this is the most active guild I have ever been in. 41 out of 47 members joined the TW. The chat is very active and the leadership is by far the best with helpful in sites for all lvl players. If we have room and your looking for some help maybe just maybe you can join this guild I call home.

41 out of 47 isn't 100 percent and isn't effective at winning tw. Glad it's the most active you have joined, but thay isn't the most active guild. Period. If it isn't 100% it isn't the best you can do.

Have fun being in a guild that slacks and has a leader who seems to be full of him self.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Hi interested readers I joined this guild about a month ago. So far this is the most active guild I have ever been in. 41 out of 47 members joined the TW. The chat is very active and the leadership is by far the best with helpful in sites for all lvl players. If we have room and your looking for some help maybe just maybe you can join this guild I call home.

It sounds like you are happy in Whilly's guild, which is great!

That being said, if 40 members join a TW and, as Whilly said, only 30 members actually do anything, this is REALLY hurting you guys.... The TW matchup algorithm is going to match you with a guild that has a similar amount of GP as the sum of the GP of your joined members... That dead wait is a huge anchor!

Good luck, will be watching your progress...Whilly, get the axe out!
  • Don't let them discourage you, James. We are shaping up to be a dedicated crew. A lot of members were able to make the upgrades they've been waiting for this week. We can make other adjustments as needed. Be well!
  • Hi interested readers I joined this guild about a month ago. So far this is the most active guild I have ever been in. 41 out of 47 members joined the TW. The chat is very active and the leadership is by far the best with helpful in sites for all lvl players. If we have room and your looking for some help maybe just maybe you can join this guild I call home.

At 5.6 mil,
    These squad and fleet lineups don't
    Scream insight to me.

2mhd14uxtrji.png

mawgznadcjdb.png

• Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    I am all about options. So long as I am free to do what I want with the characters I have worked for, I am ok with mixed results. Considering the last time I checked, I was surrounded by GLs, Sith Empire and GAS in my Arena, I don't see any reason I should feel less insightful. I will achieve more when the time is right. Now is time for the enjoyment of play. Can't think of any other sane reason someone would be on this thing for...actually.

9xghgn1dg1oe.jpg

gmt62tn0vgp8.jpg
  • I am all about options. So long as I am free to do what I want with the characters I have worked for, I am ok with mixed results. Considering the last time I checked, I was surrounded by GLs, Sith Empire and GAS in my Arena, I don't see any reason I should feel less insightful. I will achieve more when the time is right. Now is time for the enjoyment of play. Can't think of any sane reason someone would be on this thing for...actually.

Anyone can do
    Anything, it doesn't mean
    They give good advice.
  • I've made a slot available for 2 new recruits. These positions are for invite only. Please message if you are interested.
  • 2 new slots available. Join while they remain open.