332 posts EA Community Manager
o1v0sreom5x3.png

UNIT NAME: Tarfful
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Support, Wookiee, Leader
ABILITIES:
BASIC: DC-15S Blaster
1zdxyb47gopp.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. Wookiee allies gain Defense Penetration Up and Defense Up for 1 turn, and Protection Up (10%) for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 1:Wookiee Fury (Cooldown: 4)
1fi21iev1dy7.gif

Final Text:Wookiee allies gain 25% Defense (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. Call all Wookiee allies to assist and Stun target enemy for 1 turn. Then, ally Attackers gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns, ally Healers and Supports gain Speed Up for 2 turns, and ally Tanks Taunt for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 2:Rrrruuuurrr (Cooldown: 3)
k26nvuui82rk.gif

Final Text: Dispell all debuffs on all allies, and they gain 50% Critical Damage for 2 turns. Wookiee allies gain Potency Up and Tenacity Up for 2 turns, and gain 10% Max Health (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. All enemies are inflicted with Provoked for 1 turn, which can't be evaded.

UNIQUE 1: Better Together (Zeta)

Final Text: Tarfful has +30% Tenacity and +20 Speed. Whenever an ally has a buff dispelled, Tarfful gains 10% Turn Meter.

If there are at least 3 Wookiee allies active at the start of battle:
  • Whenever an enemy attacks out of turn, all allies gain 25 Speed (stacking, max 500) for 1 turn.
  • Whenever a Wookiee ally gains Health Up, all allies recover 50% Health and Protection, and gain Advantage for 1 turn.
  • Whenever a Wookiee ally has Retribution, Wookiee allies inflict Damage Over Time to target enemy for 2 turns when they use a Basic ability, which can't be evaded.
  • If Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca is an ally, whenever Tarfful uses Rrruuuurrr, Veteran Smuggler Han Solo gains the bonuses.

LEADER: It's All in the Fur (Zeta + Omicron)

Final Text:

At the start of battle, all Wookiees Tanks Taunt for 1 turn. All allies gain 20% Defense and Max Health, doubled for Wookiees.

Whenever a Wookiee ally gains Taunt, all Wookiee allies gain 10% Defense (stacking), for the rest of encounter. Whenever Taunt expires, all allied Wookiees recover 50% Health. At the start of each allied Wookiee's turn, they gain Offense equal to 200% of their Defense until the end of their turn.
if there were no Galactic Legend enemies, whenever an allied Wookiee is critically hit, they reflect 50% of the damage dealt back onto the attacker (this damage can't defeat enemies)

While in Territory Wars: At the start of battle, all allies gain 25% Defense, Protection Up (50%), and Tenacity Up for 2 turns.

Whenever an allied Wookiee is critically hit, Wookiee allies gain Foresight for 1 turn and gain 5% Defense (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Whenever an allied Wookiee has Retribution, all allies gain Retribution for 2 turns.

The first time each Wookiee ally is defeated, all Wookiee allies have their cooldowns refreshed and they recover 100% of their Health. and gain 25% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Key Attributes:
  • Wookiee together, strong!
  • Tarfful is home now
  • What bounces off me sticks to you
  • Synergy for Wookiees
  • Defense = Offense, use those defense mods
  • Clone Wars Chewie finally has a home!

Inspiration:
  • While a featured Wookiee in Revenge of the Sith (RotS), the version of Tarfful we have embraced visually is from his appearance in Jedi: Fallen Order
  • We looked at his scenes in RotS where he leads the charge against the Separatists for his Special abilities, Wookiee Fury and Rrrruuuurrr.

Strategy Tips:
  • Your Defense value will enhance the amount of offense output, defense mods recommended!
  • Damage reflect triggers when opposing team has no Galactic Legends
  • Wookiee ally = Good
  • While many benefits are for Wookiees, don’t be afraid to bring some of their best friends like Veteran Smuggler Han Solo or Mission Vao

FAQ:
Is spelling Wookiee correctly, with two e’s at the end, a hill you are willing to die on?
Unwaveringly yes.
Does Defense from mods count towards the Offense that Wookiees gain?
Yes, the ability looks at the current Defense at the start of the turn, which includes Defense from mods.
Where do you get Tarfful?
Marquee event starting Thursday
Is Tarfful required for anything?
Yes, you will need a 7*, Gear 12, Tarfful for Jedi Knight Cal Kestis’ Hero’s Journey
He will also make the Wookiee-only mission in the Rise of the Empire Territory Battle more manageable.
Have a question about Tarfful’s Kit? Fill out this form here:
CLICK HERE
Question Deadline: 04/25/2023, 11:59 PM PT

Replies

• First
  • Gold4
    10 posts Member
    apes together strong
  • A sea of R3 Vet Hans find purpose in life
  • This team looks super fun. Hopefully wookiees can do something now.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Gold4 wrote: »
    apes together strong

i think you might be on the wrong forum
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • sokmai
    17 posts Member
    Hope you guys are releasing more wookiees, because there ain't no way I'm tanking my other teams to put all the wookiees together.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    61cnd0plem5w.png
    How is the one on the right Galactic Republic and Tarfful is not?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    How is Yoda saying things like "miss you, I will" #notmyyoda
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    I am planning to just use Tarfull, Vet Chewie, Zalbaar, Vet Han and Mission Vao. Budget team with all R3 and Tarfull Omi.

We are likely to gear up Zalbaar and Mission Vao of the OR faction for the new raid.

Might end up giving CWC a miss.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    61cnd0plem5w.png
    How is the one on the right Galactic Republic and Tarfful is not?

Clone wars chewie is based on... clone wars.
    Tarfful is mainly based on fallen order when There was no galactic republic, but did use his apperence then to help design abilities
  • sokmai wrote: »
    Hope you guys are releasing more wookiees, because there ain't no way I'm tanking my other teams to put all the wookiees together.

I mean, the synergy suggestions are Clone Wars Chewie, Zaalbar, Vet Chewie, and if you slot Vet Han as the 5th, those are 4 characters that really aren't used anywhere for anything.
  • Kolomental
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    All of the free Clone wars chewie shards have been leading up to this, it was prophecy.
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member
    Just a reminder since it's not in the kit and being in only two places (Fifth Brother / Pike enemy kits) people might not yet be that familiar:

Provoked: (debuff)
    +100% counter chance; this character deals 90% less damage when attacking out of turn; whenever this character attacks out of turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health; this damage can't defeat this character
  • E3P0 wrote: »
    Just a reminder since it's not in the kit and being in only two places (Fifth Brother / Pike enemy kits) people might not yet be that familiar:

Provoked: (debuff)
    +100% counter chance; this character deals 90% less damage when attacking out of turn; whenever this character attacks out of turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health; this damage can't defeat this character

Might be fun against GAS
  • SithAmer wrote: »
    I am planning to just use Tarfull, Vet Chewie, Zalbaar, Vet Han and Mission Vao. Budget team with all R3 and Tarfull Omi.

We are likely to gear up Zalbaar and Mission Vao of the OR faction for the new raid.

Might end up giving CWC a miss.

But only cwc chewie applies health up.

• UNIT NAME: Tarfful

Ahh...Who?

• UNIT NAME: Tarfful

Ahh...Who?

Tarfful
  • By the sound of things, these wookiees will be tough to crack unless you bring someone who either, ignores defense, or has a lot of attacks and/or inflicts a lot of debuffs that deal max health based damage, like deathmark, plague, Damage over time, or exposed, or I guess just deal a lot of damage before they can stack up their defense.

I feel like Tarfful’s unique ability gives a decent incentive to switch between Mission or Veteran Smuggler Han, depending on the situation, or whichever of the two you want to throw in with the wookiees. Zaalbar likely gaining retribution frequently means more potential damage over times, which means more potential protection recovery for himself and Mission, as well as most enemies dying faster, and Han gaining the bonuses from Tarfful’s second special ability, means he’ll be doing a good bit more damage with the increased critical damage, and a bit of extra armor penetration for each status effect he gains during that turn, especially if Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca has been taking a few hits. With all the debuffs potentially flying on the enemy team, Han will also be getting a lot of bonus attacks, and a lot of chances to inflict stagger.
  • All I could hear when reading the name of his leader ability was Chubbs’ voice from Happy Gilmore 😂
  • Seems super fun, though I still think Clone Wars Chewie needs a rework
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    DonPuto wrote: »

UNIT NAME: Tarfful

Ahh...Who?

Tarfful

At least he was in a movie

For ten seconds
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Is spelling Wookiee correctly, with two e’s at the end, a hill you are willing to die on?
    Unwaveringly yes.

I'm glad someone is! It's important, ha.

Super excited for the Wookiee tag to be a thing. Looking forward to getting more characters for the tag, too. I was just trying to decide on a new team to start working towards and this is definitely it.
  • I’m just glad that quite a few characters lately have been moving away from the “speed, speed, speed” modding mentality, and making use of the other stats in the game. It gets boring when you’re quite literally only looking for a single stat out of all the others for every single team, because the other stats apparently don’t matter.
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    I’m just glad that quite a few characters lately have been moving away from the “speed, speed, speed” modding mentality, and making use of the other stats in the game. It gets boring when you’re quite literally only looking for a single stat out of all the others for every single team, because the other stats apparently don’t matter.

Well they did it long time ago (both vet smuggler), in this Galactic challenge Vet chewie can even 1 shot your relic tusken if you left him alone for too long.

Its just characters with hard CCs with too much speed and easily go nearly an infinite loop if they are fast enough. You get your turns, just cant move because of hard CCs.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »

Well they did it long time ago (both vet smuggler), in this Galactic challenge Vet chewie can even 1 shot your relic tusken if you left him alone for too long.

It’s just characters with hard CCs with too much speed and easily go nearly an infinite loop if they are fast enough. You get your turns, just cant move because of hard CCs.

This is the first time I’m hearing about something called a “hard CC” could I get some context on what that means, so I can better understand what’s being said? Otherwise, sure I guess the veteran smugglers have somewhat of a countermeasure against fast enemies, but I’m talking more like a lot of characters lately have strayed away from the whole “be as fast as possible” ideology, rather than being a one-off thing, then just going right back to the f1 Grand Prix school of modding.
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

It’s just characters with hard CCs with too much speed and easily go nearly an infinite loop if they are fast enough. You get your turns, just cant move because of hard CCs.

This is the first time I’m hearing about something called a “hard CC” could I get some context on what that means, so I can better understand what’s being said?

I thought it's common because of MMO and/or MoBA?

Hard cc is prevent control of the character, like stun, fear, fracture.
    Soft cc is you can still control your character but only partial, for example ability block, daze, blind...etc
  • is that an e-11?
    Sometimes a door is just a door