Which GL would you rather see, Leia or Dark Saber Mandalorian?

Prev1
Dwinkelm
765 posts Member
edited January 2023
The title says it all, whom piques your interest more out of those two?

And for fun, let’s hear the three Marquee characters you’d predict for each!

GL Leia Marquis:

Flitchee (Ewok)
Scout Trooper
Senator Bail Organa

Dark Saber Mandalorian Marquis:

Cobb Vanth
Dr. Pershing
Paz Vizsla

Alright folks, let’s see those votes and hear about your marquis ideas!

Which GL would you rather see, Leia or Dark Saber Mandalorian? 104 votes

Galactic Legend Leia Organa
64% 67 votes
Galactic Legend The Mandalorian (Dark Saber)
35% 37 votes

Replies

• Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    None of them. I'ld rather have an Old Republic GL ... could be Valkorion/Vitiate or a new Revan preferably.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    None of them. I'ld rather have an Old Republic GL ... could be Valkorion/Vitiate or a new Revan preferably.

I would agree with you on that, an Old Republic GL would be cool. But GL Leia would be nice as she's an amazing character and as a tribute to Carrie Fisher.
  • Pass on those. Would rather have GL Ahsoka for Phoenix Squad and I am not even a fan of hers.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I voted for Mando and I'd say Cobb Vanth is a good idea. I'd also go for Paz Vizsla and finally, not a marquee but a legendary Grogu :smile:
  • GL Leia simply because I don’t see how Mando would be considered a “Legend” of any kind
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    GL Leia simply because I don’t see how Mando would be considered a “Legend” of any kind

Agreed, he's just not there, yet...we'll see what S3 brings.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    I'ld rather have an Old Republic GL ... could be Valkorion/Vitiate or a new Revan preferably.

Not another SE, they already beefed up DRevan team w/ Malak & now Malgus.

Revan's team could use someone, but not a 2nd Revan, that is already DRevan IMO.

I'm thinking Nomi Sunrider or Meetra Surik are options but I don't know the OR era well.
  • I'd vote Leia over Mando.

Make Ackbar, Farmboy, CLS, & Wickett require R5+ (new pushes)

Also P.Leia, Rolo, Boush, Tarkin, Vader, Han, Chewie, R2, & 3PO also, but many will have them at 5+ for other GLs already.

New Characters = Scout Trooper & Bail Organa
  • All of the above.
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • I also think that each one of the ahove is a good idea and each one is worth to be a new GL once. To be honest the order for me is not that important because I will love each new GL regardlessly, just don't stop bringing new GLs and new characters into the game. So just simply bring them all once and if we can agree in this then the order is up to you, CG.
  • RogueDSO
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Would prefer Old Republic era, specifically:

GL Meetra Surik

Marquis:

Atton Rand

Handmaiden

Bao-Dur (could argue for several of the other characters here but I arbitrarily picked one)

Basically give some better cannon help for Visas Marr on the LS.

Other Requirements:

T3-M4

HK-47

Canderous

Visas Marr

JKR

Nihilus

Sion

Ebon Hawk

Treya

DR
  • Pryrates wrote: »
    General Calrissian (Battle of Endor)

Group 1:
    Jannah (new) - R5
    Nien Numb (new) - R5
    General Madine (new) - R5
    Death Squad Commando (new) - R5
    A-Wing (new) - 7*

Group 2:
    Lobot - R3
    Vader - R9
    Chewpio - R7
    Ugnaught - R3
    Ezra Bridger - R8

Group 3
    Young Han - R4
    Vandor Chewbacca - R6
    L337 - R7
    Young Lando - R7
    Qi'ra - R4

This is something I would absolutely love to see
  • I’d say a neutral Revan would be kinda cool
  • I'd vote Leia if she were to have a Rebel tag. The next GL should be a rebel.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Mandalorian show spoiler ahead
    you're assuming that mando isn't about to have the darksaber taken from him by Bo-Katan Kryze (Mythosaur Seer)
  • GL Yoda lol
  • Definitely Endor Leai.the gerbil did a whole YouTube video about why,so yall can watch tht.but the sum of it is this,money 4 her reqs,plus she's frm ROTJ,she's anon force user,she's LS( bringing balance back 2 the force,er,I mean the gl count)
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    With Carrie Fisher getting a star on the walk of fame I think the game should similarly honour her with a truly dominating representation of our Princess

Bikini leia ftw....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I like mando and all, but not sure why dark saber mando enters the conversation.... Him trying to wield that thing looked like someone trying to open an umbrella in phonebooth....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    I like mando and all, but not sure why dark saber mando enters the conversation.... Him trying to wield that thing looked like someone trying to open an umbrella in phonebooth....

Abd he's not seeing practicing it.
  • Uh, yea, I don't think EITHER character is enough to be a Galactic Legend. I mean, MAYBE after they release the The Mandalorian movie and then release a final Mando and Grogu as a single GL character together, but unless there's some major improvements in both Mando's and Grogu's abilities by then, I still feel like that's iffy
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • But when they add the third mando, they better put him as a journey character with Paz as part of the journey. And maybe even a new Bo Katan or maybe buff her? Idk.
    I made a kit for Paz tho and might make a new Bo Katan kit later? Maybe?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/262843/paz-vizsla-kit-concept-the-mandalorian-spoilers-inside#latest
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Given that all GL are men (granted, not sure on Jabba) a female GL would be a nice change...
  • Takuan72 wrote: »
    Given that all GL are men (granted, not sure on Jabba) a female GL would be a nice change...

Rey called and wants her gender back...... Seriously?
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Takuan72 wrote: »
    Given that all GL are men (granted, not sure on Jabba) a female GL would be a nice change...

Whoops! I was counting them on my fingers, and it felt like I missed one - there you go, my bad! But anyway, still underrepresented right?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Whoops! I was counting them on my fingers, and it felt like I missed one - there you go, my bad! But anyway, still underrepresented right?

Not sure why everything needs to be "represented"...... Characters are characters, I could really care less about their gender....

CG puts a star wars skin on this game, which makes it cool, but really, all of these units could be named CGCHR#27 etc and the game would still be the same....
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Whoops! I was counting them on my fingers, and it felt like I missed one

Do you only have six?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Considering it's the 40th anniversary of Return of the Jedi, I think Leia Organa being a Rebel-centered GL would make the most sense. For next year, I'd expect GLs of Ahsoka and/or Thrawn once people have had the chance to take in the show and its contents. With all of the live action Disney Plus stuff we're getting, I would imagine a Thrawn GL could lead an improved Imperial Remnant, and Ahsoka could lead either Unaligned Force Users or else maybe a New Republic tag that I'm sure will be incoming sooner or later.

But for this year, I would be very surprised if it was anyone other than Leia Organa from Return of the Jedi. Just my two credits.
  • Tek_Vizsla
    157 posts Member
    That makes sense. And the GL Thrawn was on my mind too, tho not the Ahsoka one. I mean, maybe it could get there...? idk, doesn't look like they have anything special planned for her and she's never been very powerful even before they downsized her powers between animated and live action. GL Thrawn would be great tho, love the current in-game Thrawn