Officer responsibilities?

Grogu_7
44 posts Member
edited April 2023
I am level 59, but just got selected to be an Officer. I am in a Spanish speaking Guild. I have a translator with many languages, so should be able to interpret what any members are saying. I know I can remove or promote players. What other, if any, responsibilities do I have?

Replies

• Launching raids and the ability to update certain aspects of the map on guildwide game modes like Territory Wars and Territory Battles
  • Launching raids and the ability to update certain aspects of the map on guildwide game modes like Territory Wars and Territory Battles

Thank you. I just removed my first player. Inactive for 428 days.
  • Grogu_7 wrote: »
    Launching raids and the ability to update certain aspects of the map on guildwide game modes like Territory Wars and Territory Battles

Wow....Harsh :)
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Not even 15 months!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Launching raids and the ability to update certain aspects of the map on guildwide game modes like Territory Wars and Territory Battles

My group just started to boot people who have been inactive for 58 days. If you are MIA for months you should expect to get the boot.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Revan110 wrote: »
    Grogu_7 wrote: »

My group just started to boot people who have been inactive for 58 days. If you are MIA for months you should expect to get the boot.

A month is too long.....
  • BubbaFett & TVF. I didn't realize you were being sarcastic until the last comment. LOL. Any game I ever played you were booted way before 428 days. Revan110 that sounds more like it. Unless the player notifies the Guild of an extended absence, depending on how long. Thanks for the replies.

BubbaFett & TVF. I didn't realize you were being sarcastic until the last comment. LOL. Any game I ever played you were booted way before 428 days. Revan110 that sounds more like it. Unless the player notifies the Guild of an extended absence, depending on how long. Thanks for the replies.

It really depends on how committed your guild is. My main is in a guild where you have approx 3 days (without notice) and then you will be kicked. the guild i have my alt in has a soft 1 month no activity rule. it is up to your leaders.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    BubbaFett & TVF. I didn't realize you were being sarcastic until the last comment. LOL. Any game I ever played you were booted way before 428 days. Revan110 that sounds more like it. Unless the player notifies the Guild of an extended absence, depending on how long. Thanks for the replies.

I was and I wasn't :)...

To be "successful" at this game, you pretty much have to play daily and, at the very least, get your dailies done...

To be successful as a guild, you need a group that does the above and participates in guild activities to the fullest...

How "try hard" your guild is is completely up to you and your fellow officers....

Communication is key and having guild standards in place is as well...

Fwiw, nobody would last more than a few days in my guild if they were inactive.... That's why discord (which I don't get why folks fight so much) is mandatory for us...
  • Grogu_7
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2023

[/quote]
    How "try hard" your guild is is completely up to you and your fellow officers....

Communication is key and having guild standards in place is as well....[/quote]

I am in a quite active Guild, but getting these guys/gals to communicate is another story. The next few in line inactives were 24 days. I put it out there to vote on how long before removing inactives. I hope someone actually responds. I don't think a 3 day removal would be necessary in a Guild that accepts many levels of players.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Communication is key and having guild standards in place is as well....[/quote]

I am in a quite active Guild, but getting these guys/gals to communicate is another story. The next few in line inactives were 24 days. I put it out there to vote on how long before removing inactives. I hope someone actually responds. I don't think a 3 day removal would be necessary in a Guild that accepts many levels of players.[/quote]

Every guild has to start somewhere.... It's really up to you guys where you start, then you can grow from there.....

Discord is mandatory for us so that we can reach out and seek a reason for inactivity, or so someone that needs to be away for a while can reach out and let us know....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Discord is mandatory for us so that we can reach out and seek a reason for inactivity, or so someone that needs to be away for a while can reach out and let us know....

I had look up look up what Discord was. I quite enjoy chatting. We used to use Line for my years of playing SWFC. I might be looking for a new Guild if I can't get them to communicate. Besides myself, the leader has spoke once in my time with them. Me, I have made comments frequently in both Spanish and English with no response.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I had look up look up what Discord was. I quite enjoy chatting. We used to use Line for my years of playing SWFC. I might be looking for a new Guild if I can't get them to communicate. Besides myself, the leader has spoke once in my time with them. Me, I have made comments frequently in both Spanish and English with no response.

I see you found a new landing spot!.... Hopefully it suits your playing style and the communication is there for you :)
    I see you found a new landing spot!.... Hopefully it suits your playing style and the communication is there for you :)

I have Discord and found a new Guild with active players through the Guild Recruiting category. I have reached level 60 and now get error code 3.0 when trying to do my first fleet arena. Signed in and out of Google and reinstalled SWGOH to no avail. I have a ticket submitted with EA. Uggggggg!!!!!!!!!!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

I have Discord and found a new Guild with active players through the Guild Recruiting category. I have reached level 60 and now get error code 3.0 when trying to do my first fleet arena. Signed in and out of Google and reinstalled SWGOH to no avail. I have a ticket submitted with EA. Uggggggg!!!!!!!!!!

Let me guess, you just recently logged in to the web store? Go back to your EA account and reset your password and wait a while and it should be fixed....

Let me guess, you just recently logged in to the web store? Go back to your EA account and reset your password and wait a while and it should be fixed....

I sign into EA through my Google account sign in. I purchased some crystals about a week ago???????????????????
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    YOu need ot change your ea account password....

I just changed my Google sign in password. I sign into EA using my Google sign in.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

I just changed my Google sign in password. I sign into EA using my Google sign in.

That's the issue, you have an EA password as well... Your credentials are either corrupt or expired...

https://help.ea.com/ca/help/account/reset-password-expired-credentials/
  • Ok, now I have changed my Google PW and my EA PW. We shall see.
  • Both passwords changed. Still get error code 3.0. Thanks for trying to help. Guess I wait for an EA response.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Both passwords changed. Still get error code 3.0. Thanks for trying to help. Guess I wait for an EA response.

From what I read it can take up to 2 hours to sync.... Good luck!

Thank you. My fingers are crossed. Sorry I was such a hassle.

I feel like a stooge, I am embarrassed. I had not completed my fleet training. Once I did, waala, everything worked.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

I feel like a stooge, I am embarrassed. I had not completed my fleet training. Once I did, waala, everything worked.

There you go, enjoy your new guild! Make sure to sign up for TW :)

So, is the web store unsafe? I have purchased crystals a few times and bought Bo Katan
  • Webstore should be safe unless you are making a very easy password to crack and sharing it with others.