GAC matchmaking needs to be addressed.

No shot matchmaking works as intended when I've won one battle per 3 rounds in my last 5 grand arenas. I just got matched up in bronzium 4 with someone who had 8 million gp and 5 GLs. Somehow even though I barely was winning I was moved out of Carbonite but there's multiple guys who sit and prey in Carbonite with multiple GLs. Why am I constantly mismatched due to relics, gls, and power level? I have won 1st place and 2nd one time each in my entire year and few months playing. As a new player theres no shot I should be getting paired up with end game rosters in Carbonite and bronzium.

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    DOOPSCOOOP wrote: »
    No shot matchmaking works as intended when I've won one battle per 3 rounds in my last 5 grand arenas. I just got matched up in bronzium 4 with someone who had 8 million gp and 5 GLs. Somehow even though I barely was winning I was moved out of Carbonite but there's multiple guys who sit and prey in Carbonite with multiple GLs. Why am I constantly mismatched due to relics, gls, and power level? I have won 1st place and 2nd one time each in my entire year and few months playing. As a new player theres no shot I should be getting paired up with end game rosters in Carbonite and bronzium.

As anew player there's no shot you should be leaving carbonite or bronzium either....
  • I've won several GAC and got pushed up to carb 3... and I'm facing people with huge relic rosters (I have 2 relic toons) I almost wish it was based more off a combo of rank and GP, and I have never come close getting the 2k ratings the top players have so I'm not sure why I keep getting pushed up.... but fighting people with 3x your roster power isnt fun.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Koren_Dar wrote: »
    I've won several GAC and got pushed up to carb 3... and I'm facing people with huge relic rosters (I have 2 relic toons) I almost wish it was based more off a combo of rank and GP, and I have never come close getting the 2k ratings the top players have so I'm not sure why I keep getting pushed up.... but fighting people with 3x your roster power isnt fun.

You are getting pushed up when you win and down when you lose.... In other words, you have a higher skill rating than the top guy in the division under you...
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    I've won several GAC and got pushed up to carb 3... and I'm facing people with huge relic rosters (I have 2 relic toons) I almost wish it was based more off a combo of rank and GP, and I have never come close getting the 2k ratings the top players have so I'm not sure why I keep getting pushed up.... but fighting people with 3x your roster power isnt fun.

You are getting pushed up when you win and down when you lose.... In other words, you have a higher skill rating than the top guy in the division under you...

Thats simply just not true lol. I'll be lucky to win one battle of three battles per all 3 rounds. Yet somehow I move up. But you got guys with over 6 million gp with GLS just chillen in the lowest of low ratings. Its a joke. They game the system to wipe the floor with players like us. No chance anyone with multiple GLS should be lower than bronzium and even bronzium for them is low.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Thats simply just not true lol. I'll be lucky to win one battle of three battles per all 3 rounds. Yet somehow I move up. But you got guys with over 6 million gp with GLS just chillen in the lowest of low ratings. Its a joke. They game the system to wipe the floor with players like us. No chance anyone with multiple GLS should be lower than bronzium and even bronzium for them is low.

It simply is true...

It's a product of these players being lazy and not wanting to participate fully and dropping down the ranks because of it... Unfortunately, they have decided that your level is the easiest way to do the least amount of work and still get what they deem to be acceptable rewards...

I haven't faced that at my level but I am sure it's frustrating... They aren't "gaming the system" in that they are getting less rewards than they could get if they applied themselves but, at the same time, they are making gameplay less fun for players like you...

Do you have a swgoh.gg I can look at? I am curious to see how you are getting moved up while going 1/3.... If you are getting moved up, then at least you are getting better rewards for the aggravation!
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

It simply is true...

It's a product of these players being lazy and not wanting to participate fully and dropping down the ranks because of it... Unfortunately, they have decided that your level is the easiest way to do the least amount of work and still get what they deem to be acceptable rewards...

I haven't faced that at my level but I am sure it's frustrating... They aren't "gaming the system" in that they are getting less rewards than they could get if they applied themselves but, at the same time, they are making gameplay less fun for players like you...

Do you have a swgoh.gg I can look at? I am curious to see how you are getting moved up while going 1/3.... If you are getting moved up, then at least you are getting better rewards for the aggravation!

I got moved up in bronzium after 2 weeks of only 1 win. Had to stay there until the end of that event as well for another month getting one win the whole time again. I've only ever gotten a 1st one time and a 2nd one time in my entirety of playing the game. I should never have went up in the first place. They absolutely are gaming the system lol theres no shot guys with 6 million plus gp and multiple GLS should be in Carbonite or bronzium my guy. Get real
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

It simply is true...

I got moved up in bronzium after 2 weeks of only 1 win. Had to stay there until the end of that event as well for another month getting one win the whole time again. I've only ever gotten a 1st one time and a 2nd one time in my entirety of playing the game. I should never have went up in the first place. They absolutely are gaming the system lol theres no shot guys with 6 million plus gp and multiple GLS should be in Carbonite or bronzium my guy. Get real

Who "games a system" for less rewards?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Here is an example of why you are facing higher rosters.... Notice that there are only 3 people in my bracket who got a win... That's because at least two people decided to not even bother attacking for minimum points....

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AJFCJaV3nQ5i1JWFFDfQg_ECmfZRw_RtYIlLqweSlYD8kcd-fsBju4F-czXs9zk9Kb64tLBg0eQl5bCIBH9MdPWy5ZCU1u-64odcav6glzr88UNkK6_9OcAOsXk419a75yz6dnUMDyR4afO6noLHDTOKZP-L=w1920-h864-s-no?authuser=0