Kyber 1

Prev1
zatchy
123 posts Member
Will this division even exist in a year? Seems like they shrink 50-100 points from my rating each round.

They list rewards for Kyber 1 - 1,000+, but are there even currently over 1,000 in Kyber?

When will the skill squish end CG, when Kyber 1’s down to 100? 50? 25?

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    I was 3734 before the latest squish. Now down to 3662. Squish took away 72 pts.

I'm ranked 369 at the moment. So I guess there are less than 500 players in K1 now.
  • Antario wrote: »
    I was 3734 before the latest squish. Now down to 3662. Squish took away 72 pts.

I'm ranked 369 at the moment. So I guess there are less than 500 players in K1 now.
    The best time to work out how many are in K1 is immediately after the lock. You will be ranked much “higher” (or lower if you know what I mean) then.
  • Well there will always be at least one player in it.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Well there will always be at least one player in it.

I won't be so sure about that.
  • k1 is between 900 and 1000 players right now. I am 829 at 3637.
  • Antario wrote: »
    Well there will always be at least one player in it.

I won't be so sure about that.

I'm pretty sure 1 player going 12-0 because they get all byes will survive the squish. Aesop lost 140 SR in the last squish. I'd wager with the current squish that 3 or 4 players could stabilize with a high enough win rate (thanks to byes).
  • DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    One of my guildies has a SR of 3550 and is listed in K1 so who the heck knows. 1st match hasn't ended yet as of this post.
  • DonPuto wrote: »
    One of my guildies has a SR of 3550 and is listed in K1 so who the heck knows. 1st match hasn't ended yet as of this post.

That's because the relegations/promotions don't occur until after an attack round ends. So those near the bottom of K1 were squished to a SR in K2, and they're division will be updated as the attack phase ends.

6san0z5fve67.png
    rspqdmneisbp.png

He was 3556 after the squish. So, even with the win, he didn't get back over 3610.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Tell him it's better than immediately being moved to K2.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Even if squish drops someone to lower league it should be possible to return after win. Now when you need 2 wins in a row to get back to Kyber 1 you will also need to win at least half of remaining matches to stay there. So you need 7 or 8 wins out of 12 to be at Kyber 1 after the season which makes huge difference from 50/50 win ratio that we were told will be needed.
    Here are my favourite messages. "Congrats on win, you won relegation."
    1i8kgy0mi3o3.jpg
    q2l7ju3gzgc0.jpg
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    it's better than immediately being moved to K2.

• No one has disagreed with this.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    people keep bringing up the fact that were regulated after winning, shrug
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1772 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    People don't like the squish. They feel like something is being taken away from them. Being relegated after a win is the perfect epitome of their frustrations. Just because CG could have made it worse by instantly relegating doesn't mean people can't voice their frustrations with the current system.

While it may not be your intent, your comment implies a defense of the current system.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as
  • People don't like the squish. They feel like something is being taken away from them. Being relegated after a win is the perfect epitome of their frustrations. Just because CG could have made it worse by instantly relegating doesn't mean people can't voice their frustrations with the current system.

While it may not be your intent, your comment implies a defense of the current system.

A ‘Lesser of 2 evil’ approach shouldn’t be mistaken for a ‘Not as bad’ fallacy.

For the record, if being demoted because of the squish is the price to pay to keep division size regulated, I don’t mind. I just wish they could solve the very specific problem of K1 shrinking.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1772 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Starslayer wrote: »
    People don't like the squish. They feel like something is being taken away from them. Being relegated after a win is the perfect epitome of their frustrations. Just because CG could have made it worse by instantly relegating doesn't mean people can't voice their frustrations with the current system.

A ‘Lesser of 2 evil’ approach shouldn’t be mistaken for a ‘Not as bad’ fallacy.

For the record, if being demoted because of the squish is the price to pay to keep division size regulated, I don’t mind. I just wish they could solve the very specific problem of K1 shrinking.

It very clearly is not a "lesser of 2 evils" argument because the scenario ANH mentions is entirely hypothetical, and the solutions available to us are not binary.

Furthermore, his stated position has not been challenged by anyone, only the implication of it, and only because he insisted on repeating it.
  • Maybe we should have another forum to cover logical fallacies and debate strategy.

F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Maybe we should have another forum to cover logical fallacies and debate strategy.

He who shouts loudest and longest wins....not sure what other debate strategy is needed ;)
  • KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    I recall seeing some discussion in the community, that they're in conversations with someone(s), who are experienced in this type of mathematical modeling. Given CG's usual tactic of complete radio silence, I would guess we won't find out for sure until something happens, or nothing happens, lol. But I'm hopeful they're working on it on the backend, they've addressed a lot of things lately, that they appeared to be completely ignoring. Doesn't affect me either and who knows if it ever will, but would be nice for things to be fixed and working "properly" (assuming it isn't, currently).
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Should be “CGSF” instead of “CGDF”, but I hope you’re right about them fixing it.
    Maybe we should have another forum to cover logical fallacies and debate strategy.

Can the trolls head to that forum?

CG is likely to address the shrinking Kyber 1 issue long before the CGDF is the only group left in the General Forums ;-)

Yeah, I honestly have no idea if they're going to fix it. For all we know it's working exactly as they intended. Unfortunately we have to sit around and argue semantics, spelling, grammar, word definitions, and debate strategies while making bad analogies and math errors to fill the void until they decide to clue us in. I'd like to hear something on this as much as anyone even though I haven't seen K2 in ages.

• sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    When the format began, I thought I would stay in K1 forever with 50/50 win rate, so I don’t invest resources in GAC and don’t pay attention to GAC at all. But unless CG addresses this shrinking issue soon, looks like sooner or later I would drop out of K1. Perhaps time to put on GAC omicrons after all.
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    When the format began, I thought I would stay in K1 forever with 50/50 win rate, so I don’t invest resources in GAC and don’t pay attention to GAC at all. But unless CG addresses this shrinking issue soon, looks like sooner or later I would drop out of K1. Perhaps time to put on GAC omicrons after all.

To be fair, even without the squish and the disproportionate K1 shrinking, you still wouldn't be able to keep a 50/50 WR, and would get pushed out if you don't invest in GAC while others do.
  • With the original size, I think sloweagle would have had a very easy time staying in K1 without focusing on it directly. That is, assuming this is his .gg profile:

https://swgoh.gg/p/476971282/
  • I mean, this could quickly turn into semantics. While datacrons and GAC omicrons are obviously "investments in GAC", there is a lot of gray area. For example, if the next GL is heavily PvP oriented, does getting them count as "investing in GAC"?

Let's not get into that though. The point I was trying to say is a lot more basic. It's just that there is always a power inflation going on naturally which tends to push people downwards. When you paddle upstream, if you stop, you drift downstream.
  • I mean, this could quickly turn into semantics. While datacrons and GAC omicrons are obviously "investments in GAC", there is a lot of gray area. For example, if the next GL is heavily PvP oriented, does getting them count as "investing in GAC"?

Let's not get into that though. The point I was trying to say is a lot more basic. It's just that there is always a power inflation going on naturally which tends to push people downwards. When you paddle upstream, if you stop, you drift downstream.

I agree with your general observation. When you replied to a specific person, I thought you were making a point for said person.

I agree with your general observation. When you replied to a specific person, I thought you were making a point for said person.

Well, the point is valid for them too. They might have been able to stay in K1 comfortably for a longer while, if there weren't the squishes. It would still have been just a matter of time before they got pushed down because other more GAC focused players would have caught up to them. Otherwise it's basically saying that investing in GAC makes no difference.

Well, the point is valid for them too. They might have been able to stay in K1 comfortably for a longer while, if there weren't the squishes. It would still have been just a matter of time before they got pushed down because other more GAC focused players would have caught up to them. Otherwise it's basically saying that investing in GAC makes no difference.

See, I would disagree there. Because he is in a top TW guild and obviously spends some, I think the benefit he would get to GAC from focus on TW and TB and some spending and counters knowledge/practice with his guild would be more than enough to keep him in the top 1000-2000 for the foreseeable future.

CG could change their balancing dynamics. But as things are now, there are very few toons that are good/great in TW that aren't at least decent in GAC.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I mean, this could quickly turn into semantics. While datacrons and GAC omicrons are obviously "investments in GAC", there is a lot of gray area. For example, if the next GL is heavily PvP oriented, does getting them count as "investing in GAC"?

See, I would disagree there. Because he is in a top TW guild and obviously spends some

I agree with you, but they're gonna get mad at this lol.
  • So will the K1 squish be addressed as the bug it is for the title rollout tomorrow, @CG_Tusken_Meathead ?
  • Well there will always be at least one player in it.

And then they will have the High Ground in SWGOH.
    Co-GL, Empire's 501st