edited May 2023
qlf4rt9c8egf.png

UNIT NAME: Saw Gerrera
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Support, Leader, Rebel, Rebel Fighter
ABILITIES:
BASIC: Critical Shot
k6rgokqe33ik.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns. If all allies are Rebel Fighter, the cooldown of RPS-6 Rocket Launcher Blast is reduced by 1.

SPECIAL 1:RPS-6 Rocket Launcher Blast (Cooldown 6)
4zayf9rl8e85.gif

Final Text:For each buffed ally and enemy, remove 5% Turn Meter from all enemies and reduce all enemies' Offense by 2% (stacking) until the start of Saw's next turn, which can't be evaded or resisted. Then, dispel all buffs on all allies and enemies, and Rebel Fighter allies recover 20% Health for each stack of Heal Over Time dispelled from allies. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Blind for 2 turns.

GRANTED ABILITY: Granted 1 - Set Explosive Trap (Granted) - Tier 6 (Unlocks with Leader)
w3g3k9o8okz6.gif

Final Text: Limit one use per battle. Inflict 15 stacks of Explosive Trap on all enemies for the rest of the encounter, which can't be copied, dispelled, evaded, or resisted, and Critical Damage Down for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted. When Explosive Trap detonates, remove it from all enemies. If there is only 1 active enemy, Explosive Trap detonates at the end of Saw's turn.

Explosive Trap: Lose 1 stack whenever another ally takes a turn or uses a Special ability; at 0 stacks or when removed, explodes at the end of the turn; allies that detonate it are Stunned for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted; when exploding, take damage equal to 30% of the enemy Saw Gerrera's Max Health, which can't be evaded and can't defeat this character, and gain Burning and Stagger for 4 turns, which can't be dispelled, evaded, or resisted.

UNIQUE 1: Adapt and Survive (Zeta) - Tier 4

Final Text: Saw Gerrera gains 30% Max Health. If all allies are Rebel Fighter at the start of battle, the first time each non-Tank ally falls below 50% Health, they dispel all debuffs on themselves and gain 3 stacks of Heal Over Time for 2 turns and Stealth until they're healed to full Health. When this Stealth expires, they recover 100% Protection and gain 30% Critical Damage and Offense for 3 turns.
If all allies are Rebel Fighter at the start of battle, the first time a Tank ally falls below 50% Health, they dispel all debuffs on themselves and gain 3 stacks of Heal Over Time for 2 turns and Critical Hit Immunity, Defense Up, and Taunt until they're healed to full Health. When this Taunt expires, they recover 100% Protection and gain 25% Critical Avoidance and Defense for the rest of the encounter.

LEADER: Freedom Isn't Free (Zeta, Omicron) - Tier 6

Final Text:Saw Gerrera gains 30% Max Health. If all allies are Rebel Fighter at the start of the battle, allies have +30% Critical Damage while they have full Health, +30% Defense and +10 Speed while they don't have full Health, and +5 Speed (stacking, max 50) for each stack of Heal Over Time on them, and Saw gains the Granted ability Set Explosive Trap.
At the start of the encounter, Saw gains Speed Up for 1 turn and all allies above 10% Health lose 10% Health, gain Critical Damage Up for 1 turn, and gain 2 stacks of Heal Over Time for 1 turn. At the end of Saw's turn, all allies above 15% Health lose 15% Health and gain 2 stacks of Heal Over Time for 1 turn. Whenever a buff expires on an ally, they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn and an additional bonus depending on their role (limit once until the start of their next turn, excludes revived allies). Whenever an ally recovers Health, all allies gain 1% Max Health and Offense (stacking, max 100%) for the rest of the encounter.

Attacker: Gain Offense Up for 2 turns
Tank: Taunt for 2 turns
Support or Healer: Reduce cooldowns by 1 and gain 25% Turn Meter
Set Explosive Trap: Limit one use per battle.

Inflict 15 stacks of Explosive Trap on all enemies for the rest of the encounter, which can't be copied, dispelled, evaded, or resisted, and Critical Damage Down for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted. When Explosive Trap detonates, remove it from all enemies. If there is only 1 active enemy, Explosive Trap detonates at the end of Saw's turn.

Explosive Trap: Lose 1 stack whenever another ally takes a turn or uses a Special ability; at 0 stacks or when removed, explodes at the end of the turn; allies that detonate it are Stunned for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted; when exploding, take damage equal to 30% of the enemy Saw Gerrera's Max Health, which can't be evaded and can't defeat this character, and gain Burning and Stagger for 4 turns, which can't be dispelled, evaded, or resisted

While in Grand Arenas and all allies are Rebel Fighter at the start of battle: Saw gains 30% Max Health. Whenever Saw uses Set Explosive Trap, he takes a bonus turn and increases the cooldowns of all enemies by 1.

At the start of each ally's turn, inflict Defense Down on the weakest enemy until the end of that turn, which can't be resisted, and if an enemy has a taunt effect and Explosive Trap has detonated, inflict Marked on the weakest enemy until the end of that turn, which can't be evaded or resisted. Whenever an ally uses a Special ability during their turn, they call themselves to assist. Whenever a buff expires, gain 3 stacks of Heal Over Time for 1 turn (limit once until the start of their next turn).

Key Attributes:
  • Wiggs and Chaze! Wiggs and Chaze! Wiggs and Chaze!
  • Granted ability provides a great deal of support for Rebel Fighter allies
  • Has ability to provide buffs and benefits to allies based on their health situation
  • Allies gain bonuses when buffs expire either through dispel or over time

Inspiration:
  • Saw Gerrera started out as a freedom fighter on his home planet of Onderon in the Clone Wars cartoon and brought to life in the movie Rogue One.
  • His appearance in Jedi: Fallen Order on Kashyyyk was a nice addition. With the upcoming Hero’s Journey for Jedi Knight Cal Kestis, we were inspired to put that version into Galaxy of Heroes.
  • We still do have nods to his other appearances though, with the RPS-6 Rocket Launcher Blast harkening back to his days fighting against Separatists.
  • Saw has grown more and more extreme in his ways as he has gotten older. His Leader ability, Freedom Isn't Free, will begin with damaging his allies at the start of the encounter. Fortunately, this works wonders for Wedge and Biggs who gain Speed for each ally under 100% health.

Strategy Tips:
  • ‘Explosive Traps’ timer goes down when enemies take turns and use special abilities
  • Heal Over Times has potential to enhance Saw’s Leader ability
  • Remember that Mon Mothma herself is not a Rebel Fighter so some of Saw’s kit does not work with her on the team - this was done to create unique Rebel Fighter squads for you to use
  • Revived allies do not benefit from certain aspects of Saw’s kit (sorry Scarif Rebel Pathfinder)
Have a question about Saw Gerrera’s Kit? Fill out this form here:
CLICK HERE
Question Deadline: 05/3/2023, 10AM PT

Does the part of Saw's lead reducing % health to all allies activate if he is not in all rebel fighter squad?
No, the only part that applies if he’s not with a team of Rebel Fighters is the Max Health gain.
With Saw, Mon Mothma and Raddus each leading a squad of Rebel Fighters, what part of each team is interchangeable?
While there are many rebels and rebel fighters to arrange in these teams, we ensured that there was enough to go around so all 3 teams can be filled.
If Saw’s stagger can’t be dispelled, is it still removed when the enemy takes damage?
Yes, it’ll be dispelled once the enemy takes damage.
Under explosive traps, there is a line that states “take damage equal to 30% of the enemy Saw Gerrera's Max Health, “. What does this mean, Saw gets 30% damage or the enemy takes 30% of Saw’s max health?
This line is written from the perspective of your opponent, since they are the ones who will have the trap on them. To them the “enemy Saw Gerrera” is yours. So from your perspective the damage done to the enemy is 30% of your Saw’s Max Health.
"Whenever an ally recovers Health, all allies gain 1% Max Health and Offense (stacking, max 100%) for the rest of the encounter." Is each instance of heal over time a separate trigger for this? If a character has 5 stacks of heal over time, do all allies gain 5% at the start of that turn, or 1%?
It’ll trigger for each instance of Heal Over Time so they’d gain 5%!

Why does Saw not have any hair on his head?
Saw’s coiffure status goes back and forth and back again over his career. The Saw we have based this off of is the one from Jedi: Fallen Order, who sports a nicely shaved pate.

Does exploding traps impact the character who has the final stack or is each stack separate so eventually each opponant will get the blast.?
Once Explosive Trap reaches 0 it’ll explode and damage / debuff all enemies. The one who exploded it will get stunned in addition to everything else. After that, Explosive Trap will be removed from all enemies.
As you mentioned, Saw has grown more extreme with time. Why is he light side, despite targeting civilians?
The version of Saw we have implemented isn’t the full on extremist final form we saw in Rogue One. I think we can agree that an older version of Saw would be a different conversation.
How come Saw doesn't have a bonus synergy with Jyn Erso?
This was something we thought about during development, but ultimately it wasn’t able to happen because of balance reasons. Jyn is a lot more integral to Raddus so would really disrupt that team if taken away.
Why exactly can't we use scarif pathfinder? I don't see anything about "until the first time an ally is defeated".
Since Saw’s Leader ability gives out buffs whenever a buff expires, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder would be unkillable for most teams. To prevent this, Saw’s Leader stops applying to allies who have been defeated and revived
Is Explosive trap started on cooldown or can it be used immediately?
Explosive Trap can be used immediately.
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• TheAnimist
    124 posts Member
    What will you do when they catch you? What will you do if they break you? If you continue to fight, what will you become?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    no ability called "LIES! DECEPTION!"

0/10 kit
  • I am confused as frick about allies triggering the explosives...they gain the negative effects when they trigger it?
  • Mox4
    23 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

0/10 kit

Petition to rename Adapt and Survive to Lies! Deception!
  • So the explosive trap ability is granted right at the start of battle? interesting
  • The leader ability is called "Freedom isn't Free", does it cost $1.05 to unlock?
  • The leader ability is called "Freedom isn't Free", does it cost $1.05 to unlock?

I would think so yeah
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • Microsoft Word says this ability kit has 930+ words and reads at a Grade 16 level.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Support
    Really? I can understand LS, even though he is basically terrorist type, but Support? How is GAS attacker at this point? If this was his older version. then yes, but currently he was a ruthless killer fighter =D
    This is really strange decision.

Post edited by Devian on
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »
    Support
    Really? I can understand LS, even though he is basically terrorist type, but Support? How is GAS attacker at this point? =D

All the rebels are terrorists.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Support
    Really? I can understand LS, even though he is basically terrorist type, but Support? How is GAS attacker at this point? =D

Nah, Saw was realy radical and used every method to do things his own way. I think you remeber that thanks to his actions, rebels under Mothma's leadership disassociated themselves from him
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Support

Nah, Saw was realy radical and used every method to do things his own way. I think you remeber that thanks to his actions, rebels under Mothma's leadership disassociated themselves from him

To the Empire they are all terrorists.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    Alright, I have to ask. How is the man that mercilessly mows down civilians, and goes to quite literally any length, no matter how drastic, to kill a few imperials, a light side character? Fighting against the big bad empire isn’t enough by itself as far as I’m concerned.
  • Freedom isn't free, it costs folks like you and meeeeeeeee. Sorry, that lead just makes me think of Team America.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    Support

To the Empire they are all terrorists.
    They were terrorists to Mothma's faction as well
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    This "light side" is so close to dark side that it is hard to see the difference between them now...
    Terrorism and killing civilians are usually not considered as "light side" actions... (at least loudly on public)
  • Ultra wrote: »

0/10 kit

We have to wait for the Rogue One version
  • TimK
    21 posts Member
    The leader ability is called "Freedom isn't Free", does it cost $1.05 to unlock?

Boo!
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    Non-Unique ability 3.

When you finally reach the end of reading the above kit you are inflicted with 3 stacks of demoralized and enthusiasm down for 3 turns.

So much scope in this character to have explored and not used (the rebel within the rebels for example). Sorry to be negative.

“Freedom costs a buck o fiiive”
    Do Matt and Trey know SWGOH stole their song title for this leader ability name? I’ll never read it without thinking of that movie
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Now almost everyone belongs to a team.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Now almost everyone belongs to a team.

Yep, all these new characters are making me relic my whole roster. :D
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    wildnz wrote: »
    Sorry to be negative.

Don't be, that's the whole point of this place.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Missed opportunity for another neutral unit..
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don't get why people want neutral units so bad.

You want another that gets no L3 DC benefit?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Sure, I hate datacrons anyway.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    That is a really long kit.

But I'm glad it gives leadership to Wiggs/Chaze :)
  • Lands with a unfortunate sigh for me. I understand the mandate to promote Jedi: Survivor in all ways possible, and that this was out of CG's hands, but Saw Gerrera is such a unique personality as a character and his introduction in game needed to really feel "Saw". It's a shame his place in the game had to be boxed into a game version that feels "Saw Light", for marketing purposes. Unless there's a Rogue One/Andor version of him coming down the road, this feels like a missed opportunity for a really iconic character to be in the game as the version of themselves that makes them so compelling.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    HKFactory wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Sure, I hate datacrons anyway.

If you dont play DCs like me you still get a free lv3 so why not...

I mean, I dont spent currency or energy to upgrade DCs or rerolls, but hey, if I dont have to spent anything...yeah I will use it.