Who are the most powerful Star Wars characters canon AND Legends and why?

I can't say who is the most powerful - I haven't read, played or watched every story! But I would say characters like Darth Sidious, able to take down two lightsaber wielding, fearsome opponents such as he did, killing one, is very powerful indeed. Possibly inducing dark future dreams for Anakin, urging Anakin to kill his own apprentice, or Dooku to kill his. Urging Luke to kill his own apprentice, or torturing him, likely to the point of death, after he made his decision. Then, there's obviously Vader, able to destroy a room full of Rebels, using the Force and a lightsaber very effectively. Taking on his former apprentice, while both seemed to perform rather well, despite one ending up, at one point, better than the other. Or, killing an Imperial from an incredibly far distance, or matching his Master Obi-Wan in battle. But, what do you think? Of canon characters, Legend characters, all mediums, who're the most powerful - and why?

Replies

• xpgammer
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Count Dooku is one of the most powerful in body and force but not in mind as he was used as a pawn for Palpatine and later discarded.

I'd say either Luke, Palpatine, or Darth Vader. If thrawn had competent underlings, he would be unstoppable.
    Additionally, some other reasonably powerful characters Yoda and Mando.
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • Grogu will grow to be more powerful in the Force than all others before him... and then we'll all be left wondering where he was when the First Order reared its head... and we'll keep on wondering and wondering... cuz even Disney doesn't know...
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • But I have to agree on Sidious. I mean, he pulled the strings on both sides of the civil war, both leading the Senate and commanding Dooku's every move, corrupting and maneuvering the Jedi just where he wants them while in their very midst. Even Yoda and Windu, the two most powerful Jedi of the Republic had the presence of the Sith lord hidden from them until much later, and once again Sidious's reveal only served Sidious's purposes.
    As @aditya01122 said, he blinded Dooku *and* Anakin to the truth and likely *gave* Anakin those very visions that start him on his path to the dark side. And of all the Sith, you only see two wield force lightning in the movies and shows (I don't have much experience outside of that and some of the games).
    Also... Sidious fell INTO THE ABYSS OF AN EXPLODING DEATH STAR lol. And survived. *And* learned to clone force wielders. AND learned to rip the Force out of his enemies, something only one other Sith was able to do and that was the guy's specialty or smthn, right?
    So yea, my vote is Sidious. And above is just *some* of the reasons why, haha
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Tek_Vizsla wrote: »
    Grogu will grow to be more powerful in the Force than all others before him... and then we'll all be left wondering where he was when the First Order reared its head... and we'll keep on wondering and wondering... cuz even Disney doesn't know...

That is one of the big issues with having so many Jedi survive Order 66. Where were they during Episode 4-6 and why did Yoda just say there was another. Should’ve he have said there are dozens of others?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    mouse droid
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    mouse droid

Love that xD
  • Revan110
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Grogu will grow to be more powerful in the Force than all others before him... and then we'll all be left wondering where he was when the First Order reared its head... and we'll keep on wondering and wondering... cuz even Disney doesn't know...

That is one of the big issues with having so many Jedi survive Order 66. Where were they during Episode 4-6 and why did Yoda just say there was another. Should’ve he have said there are dozens of others?

Yoda probably meant thy only Luke and Leia had any real chance of defeating Vader and Palpatine as other Jedi tried and not only failed miserable but fueled Vader’s hate when they were fought by him. No matter how many traps, ambushes, or plots the surviving Jedi tried it always ended with a win for Vader and more dead jedi.
  • YodasAdoy
    259 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    mouse droid

GNK droid has entered the chat
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Revan110 wrote: »

Yoda probably meant thy only Luke and Leia had any real chance of defeating Vader and Palpatine as other Jedi tried and not only failed miserable but fueled Vader’s hate when they were fought by him. No matter how many traps, ambushes, or plots the surviving Jedi tried it always ended with a win for Vader and more dead jedi.

What about Ahsoka?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited May 2023

Fight at the other stars/ sectors, probably.

Empire spread their forces all over the galaxy, otherwise there will be no remnants left. Same things happens with the rebels, those with our protagonists are just a force, not all of rebels. There must be some other rebels, officers and armies at the other sector/star tangoed with empire force out there.

It's sad we don't have enough stories arcs shows that what everyone doing when our protagonists are against the empire at EP4-6.
  • Tek_Vizsla
    157 posts Member
    Revan110 wrote: »

What about Ahsoka?

Ahsoka doesn't count because she didn't even exist when they were making the movies lol. But ye, she's already proven she coulda taken it on.
  • xpgammer
    141 posts Member
    Judging by the fact that darth vader passively make enemies around him slower and less agile he would be an easy win against any jedi he came across.

Both ahsoka and Kel Kestis really heavily on their agility to win fights
    Ahsoka is only slightly powerful enough to beat him but has inner conflict because of being abused by anakin. And ahsoka did technically die from DV but was able to be pulled out of time by Ezra due to the fact that she didn't save anyone by her death.
    Both Ezra and Kanaan had trouble even lasting a few seconds against Darth Vader.

I am not certain of any other jedi besides Luke and Leia that survived 66.

I think the Trilogy pointed out that Darth Vader couldn't be killed by anyone on the lightside but Luke because he is his descendant.
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • Satele Shan in legends was up there with Luke and Yoda at their peaks. (Lightside)
    Obi Wan when fully connected to the force is also massively powerful.

Darkside there are too many to list….
  • subxsimo
    125 posts Member
    1.Luke skywalker -
    2.valkorian-
    3.Vader- unless the vision
    4.palpatine-
    5. revan -
    6.darth nihilus

This is without the father, son, daughter
  • Revan was considered the one of best warriors of his time, even killed the guy who WAS considered the best (Mandalore the Ultimate), but yeah, he doesn't really hold a candle to Valkorion/Vitiate/Tenebrae, like what subxsimo said above. Aboleth was on the same level as the Father, Son, and Daughter, and Darth Caedus could travel through time and hold his own against prime Luke. The early Sith like Exar Kun and Marka Ragnos could do crazy things with Sith alchemy, and Darth Plagueis was a master at manipulating midi-chlorians. Single combat-wise, I think even near prime to prime Vader would be daunted by Darth Bane if it was when Bane had his orbalisk armor.

Notice how all of these guys are legends sith lol.
  • Jacgul
    213 posts Member
    I'd love to see Satele Shan in the game. Given that she was able to wreck Malgus, I think she's conquest character worthy....just wait until I'm good enough at conquest that I can get her.
  • Jacgul wrote: »
    I'd love to see Satele Shan in the game. Given that she was able to wreck Malgus, I think she's conquest character worthy....just wait until I'm good enough at conquest that I can get her.

Considering that they have Malgus already and she's connected to his story (which I only learned just now from your post, lol), I think we might be able to hope to see her in-game someday. I don't know too much about her but what I do know of her sounds like she'd be great to see in action within the game.
  • Jacgul
    213 posts Member
    Jacgul wrote: »

Considering that they have Malgus already and she's connected to his story (which I only learned just now from your post, lol), I think we might be able to hope to see her in-game someday. I don't know too much about her but what I do know of her sounds like she'd be great to see in action within the game.

She's basically Bastilla on steroids without the spoiled princess attitude. And with the wisdom of Yoda minus the arrogance.