Response to Raid Economy Update

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    The problem is wording. If you read their post, we aren’t getting additional rewards. They are just moving the rewards to earlier in the track. I’m not sure that there is actually any increase in rewards.

LOL. Yes, that is an increase in rewards for everyone who didn't max out the rewards. Did your guild max out the guild reward track? If yes, then hey, don't worry about it. You'll max it out again and still be better off than under the old raid structure.

If no, then hey, you get more rewards now, because things that were previously unavailable until you scored more than you did are now sitting in your rewards box. Look at that! More rewards than before! It's a miracle!

• The problem is wording. If you read their post, we aren’t getting additional rewards. They are just moving the rewards to earlier in the track. I’m not sure that there is actually any increase in rewards.

LOL. Yes, that is an increase in rewards for everyone who didn't max out the rewards. Did your guild max out the guild reward track? If yes, then hey, don't worry about it. You'll max it out again and still be better off than under the old raid structure.

If no, then hey, you get more rewards now, because things that were previously unavailable until you scored more than you did are now sitting in your rewards box. Look at that! More rewards than before! It's a miracle!

It's too early to analyze, but I bet the rewards in Sith raid will still be better than in the new raid. Unless you're hitting 130kk.
    But we still lose a bunch of credits, mods, shards, MK1 and MK2. The prices in the store are still inflated.
    So no global changes. We are still getting robbed.
  • Georgee
    77 posts Member
    I recall somebody's comment here or on reddit - if you want to decrease rewards by 20%, you decrease them by 50% first and increase to originally intended minus 20% after negative comments. That way, you achieve your goal and get praised for listening to players at the same time.

If that's the case, I can understand it - any decrease would be difficult, they had to choose a way how to proceed.

But I would be worried if what they said is true (that they didn't realise the impact). It means no decision maker actually play the game or receives feedback from someone playing the game before decisions are made.
  • Badger_Diaz
    230 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Not being able to play a raid for 2 days when someone’s solo’d it as soon as it’s launched is still an issue for me.

If I’m not mistaken There is a 24hr window before the raid is active, so why not just use that as the window for the guild to sign up and be eligible for rewards?
    and then once the raid is done move onto the next one.

Be gone with the wait please. The boss is dead, there’s absolutely no need to drag it out.
  • Not being able to play a raid for 2 days when someone’s solo’d it as soon as it’s launched is still an issue for me.

If I’m not mistaken There is a 24hr window before the raid is active, so why not just use that as the window for the guild to be eligible for rewards, and then once the raid is done move onto the next one.

Be gone with the wait please. The boss is dead, there’s absolutely no need to drag it out.

ryg6ucjyv7r1.jpg
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Not being able to play a raid for 2 days when someone’s solo’d it as soon as it’s launched is still an issue for me.

If I’m not mistaken There is a 24hr window before the raid is active, so why not just use that as the window for the guild to sign up and be eligible for rewards?

Why even bother with a sign up phase? For legacy raids it has no affect on the rewards as everyone gets the same thing. For krayt, it’s redundant with personal track rewards, as no participation equals no rewards.

But I do agree about killing the wait after legacy raids.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    nottenst wrote: »
    Here is one set of screenshots from the Sith Raid. If someone wants to do the calculation here you go.5waxqfb016ee.jpg
    xtcbw8mr9ryr.jpg
    obhhdch1gp08.jpg

Every time we ran the sith raid all 50 of us were getting Rank 1 rewards as well so it makes sense we should start our calculation from there
  • Badger_Diaz
    230 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    nfidel2k wrote: »

Why even bother with a sign up phase? For legacy raids it has no affect on the rewards as everyone gets the same thing. For krayt, it’s redundant with personal track rewards, as no participation equals no rewards.

Well that’s not strictly true, afaik if you don’t submit a score then you don’t get the rewards.

So the wait, I imagine, is to give all guild members a chance to submit a score and be eligible for the rewards.

To dispense with such a long wait once the raid is defeated, just use the sign up phase to ensure eligibility to the rewards.

It will moves things along and it will also counter the net loss we’re suffering with rewards by being able to do more than 2 raids per week.
  • I missed the part where the improvements scheduled for tomorrow should impact only the new Krayt raid... won't MKII and MKIII currencies be added to the "old" raids? I mean, will the new improvements mentioned (lower thresholds for crates, more rewards for earlier crates) be applied to "old" raids as well? Because this recent overhaul is having a massive (negative) impact on small guilds with relatively "young" players, because all we usually do is just the "old" raids for the time being, I don't even know when we'll reach the point where we will be able to beat a heroic Triumvirate raid.

If things will remain as they are now with the "old" raids, then a significative chunk of fresh f2p players will abandon the game, that's the general feeling in my guild for example.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member

Well that’s not strictly true, afaik if you don’t submit a score then you don’t get the rewards.

So the wait, I imagine, is to give all guild members a chance to submit a score and be eligible for the rewards.

To dispense with such a long wait once the raid is defeated, just use the sign up phase to ensure eligibility to the rewards.

It will moves things along and it will also counter the net loss we’re suffering with rewards by being able to do more than 2 raids per week.

I thought I read somewhere that someone got the rewards without posting a score in legacy, but maybe I’m wrong.

Either way we want the same thing - trim some of the fat off the hurry up and wait times.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • nfidel2k wrote: »

I thought I read somewhere that someone got the rewards without posting a score in legacy, but maybe I’m wrong.

Either way we want the same thing - trim some of the fat off the hurry up and wait times.

The general consensus on here was that if you don’t submit a score you don’t get anything.

Although that may have been an gc assumption
  • BBresal
    12 posts Member
    About the Scavenger: for 100 guild tokens you can buy 10 pieces that can be savaged into 2 bronziums . These 2 bronziums now cost 900 mk2... 10 BlasTech 7 (bought with 150 guild tokens) gives 33 chromiums. Buying them with the new currency requires 18150mk2.
    Those materials are needed for increasing the relic level up to R7. So, in terms of relic progression, losing around 4k guild tokens every 3-4 days is a huge hit for the players and the prices of those mats in the guild store are so high that there is no way to compensate for such loss.
  • nfidel2k wrote: »

The general consensus on here was that if you don’t submit a score you don’t get anything.

Although that may have been an gc assumption

If you look at the krayt raid rules it has a line that says Rewards requirement: 1 attempt.

Sith raid does not have that rule.

Also to the raid just going away straight away, even if they did that, you'd end up with at least a three day wait to build the tokens to launch it again anyway.
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    Just to add a thought I haven’t seen expressed here yet. I appreciate the notion that it’s nice to have choice of what gear we want, though I don’t like that we are essentially being asked to pay a tax for that flexibility. Given a choice, I might say no thanks on the tax and just take the less flexibility.

But the other annoyance is that loads of valuable gear that we before did not have to think about, we now do. For example mk7 shield generators or mk8 binoculars. Things we would have pile up from AAT such that I always have some when I need them, plus some extra for occasional relic mats. But now I have to budget for those? I know it’s a resource management game, but having to do this degree of planning and budgeting is not enjoyable. Too much effort and work for what is supposed to be fun. I have enough budgeting in my life. Don’t need it in here.
  • Hello, First of all I would like to say that the new Raid system has its advantages as well as disadvantages. I don't want to be critical, but I tried to determine for myself where we gain and where we lose what we already had as players based on some statistics. I tried to make a simulation over the period of 1 month, how many recordings we have received so far and how much we will receive from the new system, and it does not look good. Assuming a 130M crate that my guild (430kk GP) couldn't get close to, we barely made 80M, but assuming 130M we lose a lot of G12 gear. They don't count losses due to no RAIDs for a week. According to my very general calculations, I have drawn the following conclusions:

1) for a guild doing CPIT calmly to go to 0 when doing a new RAID, it should receive a minimum reward of 130M, while the MK2 currency in it should be at least doubled;
    2) either a minimum of 650 GET2 should be added to each crate, or both Kyrotecheys should go to the shop for a maximum of 400MK2 / 5 instead of 2000MK2 / 5;
    3) a crate with materials for mods or the equivalent of the currency for purchase should be added to the rewards;
    4) price for character shards should be 1:1 MK1:GT

84yt7573ugxn.png

These are conclusions only based on very conservative predictions of rewards for old RAIDs (I underestimated them by about 15-20% from average for rewards for simulation and for CPIT and HSITH for rewards for positions 11-20, not including full pcs drops alsow ), in my calculations I did not take into account the new price of kyrotechs for MK2, the lack of materials for mods or the lack of ship currency. And these are just the results so that guilds doing CPIT don't lose to much from the change.

Finally, I would like to add that the new rally mechanics, interesting challenges, visual elements and the lack of randomness of prizes are a plus.
    On the downside, a significant reduction in recordings, terrible store organization, omission of shards of characters and some peces of gear bought for GT.
  • paschasc
    88 posts Member
    Credits. Credits. CREDITS.

Also full gear pieces went POOF.

This is better, but it's not close to enough.
  • Dragoth
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Reading the update, it hasn't done anything useful. It assists those that score less than 130m. It might even give a bit more GET3 to people who score above that.

But overall it doesnt improve the rewards in anyway that is useful.

For most top accounts, MK1 is useless. Mk2 is for buying rubbish to scavenge away (which we netted a lot more of in the previous iteration of raids) MK3 is only to be used on aeromagnifiers now, since we cant get them any other way.

Essentially the top players get nothing of use from the raids. There is no choice on what to spend, you have to buy aeromagnifiers.

You get no gold, no guild currency, no random full pieces of kyros (I guess something to spend Mk2 on? 10 per raid? hah!)

The rewards are still rubbish, especially for the required investment to get to a reasonable score.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »
    Here is one set of screenshots from the Sith Raid. If someone wants to do the calculation here you go.5waxqfb016ee.jpg
    xtcbw8mr9ryr.jpg
    obhhdch1gp08.jpg

Every time we ran the sith raid all 50 of us were getting Rank 1 rewards as well so it makes sense we should start our calculation from there

And people wonder why we never got the Sith Sim.

Hahaha.
  • I don't understand why they don't just give us: Sim Pit, Sim Tank, and Sim Sith plus aeros, kyros, and g12+ materials; and lower the amount of MK1, MK2, & MK3 tokens we get from Krayt.

Simple solution. Keeps us on par, and releases new content that we can work towards.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    I'd like to hear a developer's take on how new players (recent to new installs) are going to get anywhere if their guild can only do Heroic Rancor OR Heroic AAT. Both of those raids had their launch cost increased, you can't run them concurrently and the maximum reward in no way compensates what the player would have recieved before.
    With this new system, unless a new player spends a lot of money they will get NOWHERE.
    Which I believe was the real intention all along.
    if they adjust the Krayt rewards so what? The game will perish without new people to take the place of those who keep quitting because of datacrons or burnout
  • herd_nerfer
    1749 posts Member
    lucaefor wrote: »
    I'd like to hear a developer's take on how new players (recent to new installs) are going to get anywhere if their guild can only do Heroic Rancor OR Heroic AAT. Both of those raids had their launch cost increased, you can't run them concurrently and the maximum reward in no way compensates what the player would have recieved before.
    With this new system, unless a new player spends a lot of money they will get NOWHERE.
    Which I believe was the real intention all along.
    if they adjust the Krayt rewards so what? The game will perish without new people to take the place of those who keep quitting because of datacrons or burnout
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Just to add a thought I haven’t seen expressed here yet. I appreciate the notion that it’s nice to have choice of what gear we want, though I don’t like that we are essentially being asked to pay a tax for that flexibility. Given a choice, I might say no thanks on the tax and just take the less flexibility.

But the other annoyance is that loads of valuable gear that we before did not have to think about, we now do. For example mk7 shield generators or mk8 binoculars. Things we would have pile up from AAT such that I always have some when I need them, plus some extra for occasional relic mats. But now I have to budget for those? I know it’s a resource management game, but having to do this degree of planning and budgeting is not enjoyable. Too much effort and work for what is supposed to be fun. I have enough budgeting in my life. Don’t need it in here.

I feel like people are sleeping on the fact that you can get exactly what gear you need when you need it. That means gearing up characters way faster than previously when you might have to wait a week or more for the right pieces to drop from a randomized loot box. It's a true statement that we won't be building up giant hoards of gear that are only occasionally needed - but now all those piles of gear have been converted to gear that you absolutely need right now today. So you're getting what you need faster, even if you may not be getting the same exact 'value' in terms of raw gear income. But what good is a stack of 2000 Mk 4 holos when you only need 50 or so to gear your current projects and you're still starving for Mk4 commlinks or Mk8 binoc components?

I feel like the prices on the Mk1 gear is really reasonable - in particular because there's SO MUCH of it on offer (a huge plus in my book) and you can basically go to the store and buy full pieces worth of what you need in one shot - and still have currency left over.

I know it's hard to quantify the value of it, but they've opened up the floodgates on player agency and choice when it comes to rewards and I feel like that's a very, very good thing. It's also something the community has been asking for since the very beginning. I can't remember how many times I've read in guild chat and discord, "These rewards would be so much better if I could just pick the gear..."
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • EldorVarga
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    I feel like people are sleeping on the fact that you can get exactly what gear you need when you need it. That means gearing up characters way faster than previously when you might have to wait a week or more for the right pieces to drop from a randomized loot box. It's a true statement that we won't be building up giant hoards of gear that are only occasionally needed - but now all those piles of gear have been converted to gear that you absolutely need right now today. So you're getting what you need faster, even if you may not be getting the same exact 'value' in terms of raw gear income. But what good is a stack of 2000 Mk 4 holos when you only need 50 or so to gear your current projects and you're still starving for Mk4 commlinks or Mk8 binoc components?

I feel like the prices on the Mk1 gear is really reasonable - in particular because there's SO MUCH of it on offer (a huge plus in my book) and you can basically go to the store and buy full pieces worth of what you need in one shot - and still have currency left over.

I know it's hard to quantify the value of it, but they've opened up the floodgates on player agency and choice when it comes to rewards and I feel like that's a very, very good thing. It's also something the community has been asking for since the very beginning. I can't remember how many times I've read in guild chat and discord, "These rewards would be so much better if I could just pick the gear..."

...but overall the rewards are less + slower. I play in a small guild and I'm only at 1.8M gp, and I was able to grow my roster much faster earlier, mainly because of 2 points:
    1. By placing 1st in the raid (it happened 99% of the time) I had a constant flow of credits, which I'm always short of; now, with the tokens, I have to decide if buying credits or gear, while I used to have both before (even if not able to choose which piece... but at low levels each piece of gear counts); if I decide to invest tokens in both, I can't buy that much credits or gear I was able to obtain placing high in raid ranks.
    2. Without the chance to have multiple raids going on at the same time, and furthermore having to wait until a raid "naturally" expires (even if completed at 100%) before having the chance to start another, such tokens come in much slower.

So, less rewards, plus coming in slower = massive slowdown in grinding IMHO.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    If rewards are slower, it's because of the amount you get, not because there's only one raid or because of the raid timer.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Please make the colors of the new three types of raid currency different. It makes it much easier to keep them separated when scrolling through the store.
  • herd_nerfer
    1749 posts Member
    EldorVarga wrote: »

...but overall the rewards are less + slower. I play in a small guild and I'm only at 1.8M gp, and I was able to grow my roster much faster earlier, mainly because of 2 points:
    1. By placing 1st in the raid (it happened 99% of the time) I had a constant flow of credits, which I'm always short of; now, with the tokens, I have to decide if buying credits or gear, while I used to have both before (even if not able to choose which piece... but at low levels each piece of gear counts); if I decide to invest tokens in both, I can't buy that much credits or gear I was able to obtain placing high in raid ranks.
    2. Without the chance to have multiple raids going on at the same time, and furthermore having to wait until a raid "naturally" expires (even if completed at 100%) before having the chance to start another, such tokens come in much slower.

So, less rewards, plus coming in slower = massive slowdown in grinding IMHO.

But the rewards aren't coming slower - you're waiting exactly the same amount of time due to the requirement to build up tickets in the old system.

I haven't seen any math to indicate that the rewards are actually less for those two raids specifically. I may have missed it - but most of the commotion lately has been about the Krayt raid rewarding less than the combined raids if you're unable to hit a certain threshold. Again, I may have missed it that breakdown - and if that's the case I apologize - point me to someone that's done an analysis of those raids and compared the payouts of the old system vs the new one. There's still added value in choosing your rewards - I can't see how that's a bad thing for young accounts. I really wish I had that option 6 years ago - my roster would have grown much faster.

And isn't it beneficial that if you need credits more than gear you can make that choice now? You can potentially get way more credits for a single raid than previously if that's where your current pinch is.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • EldorVarga
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    TVF wrote: »
    If rewards are slower, it's because of the amount you get, not because there's only one raid or because of the raid timer.

Of course, but they're anyway slower if compared to what I could obtain with the old system. I could reach 1st in AAT + Heroic Rancor within the same day, for example, therefore obtaining almost 2M credits + shards, gears and so on (guild currency too). I completed Heroic Rancor the other day, we reached top crate, and all I could buy were 20 additional Solo shards + 20 gear pieces. I had to wait 2 days for it even if we cleared it in 6 hours, and now I have to wait another 2 days for the next raid to complete, which will grant me more or less the same amount of tokens...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    EldorVarga wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Of course, but they're anyway slower if compared to what I could obtain with the old system. I could reach 1st in AAT + Heroic Rancor within the same day, for example, therefore obtaining almost 2M credits + shards, gears and so on (guild currency too). I completed Heroic Rancor the other day, we reached top crate, and all I could buy were 20 additional Solo shards + 20 gear pieces. I had to wait 2 days for it even if we cleared it in 6 hours, and now I have to wait another 2 days for the next raid to complete, which will grant me more or less the same amount of tokens...

This is still about the amount of rewards you get (in a given week, if you want to attach a specific time frame to it) and nothing to do with the number of active raids or how long it takes for the new raid timer to expire.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • But the rewards aren't coming slower - you're waiting exactly the same amount of time due to the requirement to build up tickets in the old system.

I haven't seen any math to indicate that the rewards are actually less for those two raids specifically. I may have missed it - but most of the commotion lately has been about the Krayt raid rewarding less than the combined raids if you're unable to hit a certain threshold. Again, I may have missed it that breakdown - and if that's the case I apologize - point me to someone that's done an analysis of those raids and compared the payouts of the old system vs the new one. There's still added value in choosing your rewards - I can't see how that's a bad thing for young accounts. I really wish I had that option 6 years ago - my roster would have grown much faster.

And isn't it beneficial that if you need credits more than gear you can make that choice now? You can potentially get way more credits for a single raid than previously if that's where your current pinch is.

Well, it's enough to look at the "guild points" for example: 1st place in Heroic Rancor Pit granted you around 800, while now you don't get them after raid completion. I used to have always 2K ready at hand at all time, while since the update I barely managed to reach 900 until now...

Someone posted the rewards screenshot in the previous page of this thread, the amount of stuff you got can't be bought with the top crate of any of the "old" raids now.

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    There shouldn't be any issue with the timer for permanent guild members. Either you are waiting for the raid to complete to get rewards, or you are waiting to build the tickets back up and sit through the 24 hour join period. You're just shifting where the waiting is. It just seems psychologically impactful because you're starting at a dead raid.

The only impact the timer possibly has is on members who need to switch guilds between TB and TW. Previously, if you needed to run one last raid before switchover, transitional members could grab rewards before leaving. Now, they may not necessarily be able to stay until guild rewards before needing to move, and it's not like the new member can benefit from a raid in progress. Show there are potential issues there if ticket capping doesn't line up with events properly. But hopefully officers might have some wiggle room to sort that out.
  • CrispyFett
    970 posts Member
    I am very happy that they responded quickly to the criticism of the Raid rewards, and already acting. That is a good sign. I think as time progresses, they will probably tweak the rewards further, so I am cautiously optimistic. I am very happy about changing the personal reward track in KD so that now it makes sense to play new content for my guild. It also sounds like they are lowering point thresholds for rewards, adding gear to shop, revamping shop so its not a never-ending scrolling nightmare. All good things. I think these are positives that at least we are being heard and changes are being made. Rome wasn't built in a day after all