UNFAIR! Store daily deal relic packs still not for everyone!!

Replies

• In my 3 years of playing I've never once seen anything resembling this in my store. Not the specific deals but the actual Daily Deals. Targeted Ads are on (even turned them off and turned them back on again) and they're not in the online store either.

I agree that it's wrong that players get an unfair advantage over others by having deals available to them that all do not.
  • Is seeing these deals the result of doing the EA connect to the Web-store? I know I've only recently started seeing the deals and the only thing that's changed was me doing the connect.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Etairos wrote: »
    Is seeing these deals the result of doing the EA connect to the Web-store? I know I've only recently started seeing the deals and the only thing that's changed was me doing the connect.

Nope, I have no deals and use the store every day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wrathe wrote: »
    Where it's really nasty is relic levels.

20 Impulse Detectors cost 3600c
    The daily deal that pops up offers those same 20 Impulse Detectors, plus a few other relic pieces that aren't a huge deal, and 1 Gyrda pad (R9 gear). Cost for the deal? 3200c.

400 less crystals for R8 gear and thrown in R9 gear w/ the pack. That the entire "Daily Deal" function isn't available to all players is shady.
    That’s a good deal for sure
  • I get various offers, sometimes shards for toons I have at 7-star.

This is my latest offer
    ELiKybm.jpg
  • @CG still hasn't responded to this a month later, sometimes i even wonder why i spend just to have my investments trampled on by an incompetent company lol
    Imagine giving everyone an equal chance to buy high end R9 relics
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    @CG still hasn't responded to this a month later, sometimes i even wonder why i spend just to have my investments trampled on by an incompetent company lol
    Imagine giving everyone an equal chance to buy high end R9 relics

What do you want them to say?..... LOL

Imagine a world where people don't consider the money they spend on a mobile game an "investment"
  • ai1xb6u2lgh7.jpg
    Can we get an update why lots of us still aren't getting these?
    This is putting us at an unfair advantage and is pretty disrespectful on CG's part to not give everyone an equal chance at them
  • I haven't even been offered any of these daily deals, can we atleast get an update here @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    ai1xb6u2lgh7.jpg
    This is putting us at an unfair advantage and is pretty disrespectful on CG's part to not give everyone an equal chance at them
    ai1xb6u2lgh7.jpg

From what I understand, they are being test marketed to certain players (I happen to be one of them)....

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think they are that great of a deal.... YMMV
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    But why certain players, and what determines what account has them available?

Full disclosure, I don’t really care if I have that option or not, since I have other things to spend crystals on…

But I do prefer it when things are fair / equal
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    ai1xb6u2lgh7.jpg
    ai1xb6u2lgh7.jpg

From what I understand, they are being test marketed to certain players (I happen to be one of them)....

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think they are that great of a deal.... YMMV

It's been a very long test
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    ai1xb6u2lgh7.jpg
    ai1xb6u2lgh7.jpg

It's been a very long test

Maybe they are waiting for someone to actually buy it? :smile:
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    The brains make it more than worthwhile.

But this is just an opinion
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Sloth243 wrote: »
    The brains make it more than worthwhile.

But this is just an opinion

Then they are testing it on the wrong person by chosing me....
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    But why certain players, and what determines what account has them available?

Full disclosure, I don’t really care if I have that option or not, since I have other things to spend crystals on…

But I do prefer it when things are fair / equal

I would like to know that too.

We are all made of star-stuff
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    So ppl complaining no random jawas selling them trash...
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I do understand folks wanting all of the same things. But, it's garbage....
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I do understand folks wanting all of the same things. But, it's garbage....

8lwr30j03gbx.jpg
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Garbage is certainly not the right wordage here. And I would have expected more from you Bub.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Garbage is certainly not the right wordage here. And I would have expected more from you Bub.

Lol, what did I do?

Maybe just my opinion but the crystals to buy that pack would cost me $15 after tax here in Canada....

The smattering of relic mats I could farm for next to nothing, the heatsinks are easily obtainable from scavenger for gear most have plenty of, so to me the only valuable thing is the droid brains.... I get lots of those from TW anyways...

Yes, the pack should be available to everyone and not a select few... Maybe folks in lower GP guilds that don't get as many brains would buy it... But $15 for 5 droid brains is bordering on extortion imop considering all of the other stuff it takes to R8-R9 a character.... Ymmv
  • Sloth243 wrote: »
    Wordage is certainly not the right wordage here.
  • I need those brains can’t get enough of them
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    All that outrage over some measy droid brains in a pack that I can instead spend my gazillions on buying..oh wait.....
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I agree the daily deals need to open up to the rest of the player base. If testing is still required maybe they could rotate to the player base that doesn’t have access. I for one would like at least like the opportunity to see them.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    CG probably forgot it was a thing for a few months. If only they had a testing program with players where the players could keep them set on what's going on. Or maybe if they had some kind of developer tracking setup to see what's going on and what they're working on? They could even share it with players, so we could see at least some of the future happenings and even bug fix statuses.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    CG probably forgot it was a thing for a few months. If only they had a testing program with players where the players could keep them set on what's going on. Or maybe if they had some kind of developer tracking setup to see what's going on and what they're working on? They could even share it with players, so we could see at least some of the future happenings and even bug fix statuses.

Not sure how new you are to the game, but they tried that.... A bunch of the players in the beta program couldn't keep their mouths shut and broke their NDA, including some using it to make YouTube content for self profit....

Thus is what remains..
  • I thought this one was worth it:
    dgbgnhsck8yq.jpg
    I needed the shards as well. Just the impulse detectors are 400 crystals more from weekly shipments, so I considered the shards, signal data and ccb to make this well worth it.

I get these offers on my alt account, but not my main.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Not sure how new you are to the game, but they tried that.... A bunch of the players in the beta program couldn't keep their mouths shut and broke their NDA, including some using it to make YouTube content for self profit....

Thus is what remains..

I've been here a little while and they shut down the beta program, but leaks seem to continue to happen. So perhaps it wasn't the beta program? Or, even if it was just one person, why punish all players for it? The beta program only helped players AND CG with improving the game.