Response to Raid Economy Update

Replies

• nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    x35fh0n9g2if.png

It says “Total Attempts” instead of “Daily Attempts”.

And third bullet from the bottom of the update details specifically mentions only five attempts total for the raid.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    Noticed today that the 5 attempts are still refreshing.

Shhhhhhhhhh

Sorry :)
    But if I’m supposed to have 5 tries, I don’t want 10. Or 8. Besides, it can skew CG’s data on the rewards paid out.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    x35fh0n9g2if.png

It says “Total Attempts” instead of “Daily Attempts”.

And third bullet from the bottom of the update details specifically mentions only five attempts total for the raid.

I was referring to the roster refresh..
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

I'm still confused if the attempt refresh if the one unexpected or team refreshes(never got it and it got fixed) or both.

Your attempts refresh daily...... You roster should not.....

Why would attempts exists at all if this is intended? It's not like you can solo the raid and cause it to early finish.

It allows you five attempts per day as long as the raid is up...... If you have more than 5 teams, you can do more battles after the daily refresh

Those leftovers cant do much even in easiest tier...

"Those" or yours?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I'm still confused if the attempt refresh if the one unexpected or team refreshes(never got it and it got fixed) or both.

Why would attempts exists at all if this is intended? It's not like you can solo the raid and cause it to early finish.

It allows you five attempts per day as long as the raid is up...... If you have more than 5 teams, you can do more battles after the daily refresh

I know. I'm just wondering why I can't play them straight away. This adds nothing, has no announced logic as far as I know and takes away convenience.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Those leftovers cant do much even in easiest tier...

"Those" or yours?

Yes, all of them are above R5.
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Is that gear purchasable with MK1? If not, there's no reason to consider it part of the MK1 economy.
    CCB (mk3 bacta): 68.3 per week
    BW (mk4 holo, mk5 med, mk6 furn, mk6 det, mk5 furn, mk6 nub tech, mk6 syringe): 472 per week
    Mk3 bacta, mk5 med, mk6 det - is purchasable with MK1. Other parts I need to track in shop.
    Also Pit and Tank raids now have only MK1 reward and this is the reason to consider all drop from legacy Pit and Tanks as MK1 economy.
    And just a question about mk3 bacta and it's converting to MK2. You could buy 2 CCD with 800 MK2 or 70 Mk3 bacta with 1120 MK1 and convert it to 2 CCD. What deal will be more acceptable for you?
    Post edited by DeusArt on
  • I think one of the biggest loses for me personally was Guild Tokens.I went from a 10k consistent cache to now barely being able to afford the characters shards I need to complete farms.

I think, Along with GET I/II/Credits/Mod slicing material, Whatever you want to put there, You should replace the Raid tokens in the personal track entirely, you can either remove them or re-add them to the guild reward, and replace them with good amounts of Guild tokens, and smaller amounts of GET I and/or GET II. I think the personal reward track offering the same thing as the guild reward isn't the best.

I know for me personally, around 2.8 Mil GP, the amount of guild tokens my guild gets from both dailies and TW just aren't enough. It's like the gear store for Guild tokens isn't even there, because I have to budget so intensely, given that I'm only getting a Guild Token daily flow of Maximum 150, which means in order to get just 10 shards of a character without TW, I would have to wait 3 days. My Guild is 220 Million GP, I shouldn't have to farm the Guild Token store like I would farm the Arena store if I was rank 5001+.

I’m farming wampa atm and he hasn’t budged in over a month now.

At least hoda you can get with crystals though.
  • I think another easy way to fix the new raid is to change the legacy raids back to the way they were with separate raid tickets, and then switch their rewards back to the old rewards, and keep Raid currency to featured raids like Kvant and any future raids. That way, people still get to enjoy the new raid without worrying about missing out on resources.

Maybe even decrease old rewards if you really want to, but just allow us to sim to get that Gear+Tokens, rather than Raid Currency.

Finally, with this system you could add back CPit as a featured raid, meaning it would give MkIII as a reward in order to buy aeromagnifiers, meaning that effort that went into making CPit isn’t gone to waste, and would give guilds who maybe haven’t built up the teams yet to maximize their score in Kvant a way to get their R8 mats.

That would mean with this system, Guilds would progress through the raids, once they push past HPit and move onto AAT, they can sim it, and the same with AAT to HSTR, and once they can some HSTR, they will start going after the more end game content that is featured raids and start earning Raid Currency to get stuff like R8 and what not. Basically, it would return to how raids were designed to be.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    I am waiting for like 2 weeks to see if my next observation is correct about gear. So far i get to the point where i have zero of some gear i never had to worry before. So it doesnt look good, credit and some gear ...
  • If you’re spending most of your Mk1 on Carbs, Stun Guns, Cuffs, etc, you’ll definitely start running out of gear you never did before. When nothing is a bottleneck, then everything becomes a bottleneck pretty quick.
    Gawejn wrote: »
    I am waiting for like 2 weeks to see if my next observation is correct about gear. So far i get to the point where i have zero of some gear i never had to worry before. So it doesnt look good, credit and some gear ...

• Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    Pre-change my guild had one or two raids going every day or so
    Post-change we just sit and wait for days for the one raid to finish ....
    Not even counting the nerf on rewards...this is just boring. Really really boring.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1772 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Not even counting the nerf on rewards...this is just boring. Really really boring.

I'm sorry you're bored (truly). And while your experience is valid, consider my equally valid experience as well:

Pre change, my guild had one or two raids going almost every day. We had cleared all of them countless times already. 2 of them were on sim. 1 gave rewards close enough to the same as 1st for 50th to not bother. And the last one required me to spend 20 minutes on my phone during a time of day that wasn't compatible with my schedule anymore. In other words, pre change, I did nothing with raids at all.

Post change, I can run a team or 2 at night before I go to bed. The mechanics are interesting but not overly complicated. My guild actually needs my contribution, so I feel the investment to be worth my time.

Hopefully CG has a new raid in 6-12 months or I will begin to despise this raid as well.
  • herd_nerfer
    1749 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »

I'm sorry you're bored (truly). And while your experience is valid, consider my equally valid experience as well:

Pre change, my guild had one or two raids going almost every day. We had cleared all of them countless times already. 2 of them were on sim. 1 gave rewards close enough to the same as 1st for 50th to not bother. And the last one required me to spend 20 minutes on my phone during a time of day that wasn't compatible with my schedule anymore. In other words, pre change, I did nothing with raids at all.

Post change, I can run a team or 2 at night before I go to bed. The mechanics are interesting but not overly complicated. My guild actually needs my contribution, so I feel the investment to be worth my time.

Hopefully CG has a new raid in 6-12 months or I will begin to despise this raid as well.

I wouldn't say I despised any of the raids, though we were getting pretty close with HSTR. I'm really glad I don't have to do that one any more - but despise is too strong a word for me. Aside from that, I'm right there with you. Really glad I can do the raid when I have time, instead of trying to do it when the schedule demands it of me.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Personally, I just enjoy "playing" the game.... I get why folks want some things simmable (hello, I am talking to you smugglers run and contraband cargo)... etc. But I don't get why many get their backs up the minute the game requires them to use their characters and understand their abilities....

• Nagz
    74 posts Member
    From pov of lowish guild (130m gp)

Pre changes:
    We had raids going on every few days, sometimes even all three. Those were good days.

Post Changes:
    - People are asking if autolaunch is turned on (it is, thou after dragon change it turned off)
    - We droped from about 2-5 raids a week to one, singular.
    - Dragon was played once, nobody wants to grind the *exclusive* teams, so were back to 40min HSTR for better rewards
    - Need to work more to make people not quit out of sheer boredom

Gotta say, this eco changes?
    Don't need to look at fancy pie charts to see how gear, that we need to buy ourselfs...if it's even there, we get.
    Ommiting how poor the launch of raid was, the error 3.0 , time it took for a new raid to come and gliches/exploit? I, nor other officers, will launch this raid for a long time.

We don't look forward to the next new raid if it'll even come out.
  • Nagz wrote: »
    From pov of lowish guild (130m gp)

Pre changes:
    We had raids going on every few days, sometimes even all three. Those were good days.

Post Changes:
    - People are asking if autolaunch is turned on (it is, thou after dragon change it turned off)
    - We droped from about 2-5 raids a week to one, singular.
    - Dragon was played once, nobody wants to grind the *exclusive* teams, so were back to 40min HSTR for better rewards
    - Need to work more to make people not quit out of sheer boredom

Gotta say, this eco changes?
    Don't need to look at fancy pie charts to see how gear, that we need to buy ourselfs...if it's even there, we get.
    Ommiting how poor the launch of raid was, the error 3.0 , time it took for a new raid to come and gliches/exploit? I, nor other officers, will launch this raid for a long time.

We don't look forward to the next new raid if it'll even come out.

I think things will look vastly different for your guild as more of your members start unlocking Jabba. He's needed or at least useful almost everywhere in the game so that's not really a niche team that you'd be farming just for Krayt. If just half of your guild unlocked jabba you can hit the 25m box with just those teams alone - not including OR/Mando/jawa teams that you can scrape together probably without going out of your way. Once you hit that 25m box it's more than worth it to switch to Krayt.

If you're only doing a raid once a week, it might be time to have a conversation with your guild mates about energy refresh strategies and doing things that generate raid tickets. This is the most basic, fundamental responsibility of any guild member and benefits both the individual player and the guild as a whole.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    My guilds one is 318mil and second 356mil gp, are completely not interested to make a bigger progress more than 25mil box. Nobody talks about any improvement in points. 20% didnt hit the raid at all. Only 20% made more than 1mil dmg. Half of the guild makes like one fight and they dont care anymore....
    Complete lack of motivation. I have no idea why...
  • What's up CG?

Just checkin' if there is any new update coming or WHEN it is supposed to happen, rewards are still trash!

This is new content, so rewards must sum up on top of what we have before, it is a cheap move to place breakeven into many tiers of rewards, your guys should have increased rewards, not put them earlier. From what I see now we have a lot of effort for very little upgrade from 130MM foward.

And yes, we need more credits!
    GET1 and GET 2
    Guild Tokens
    Han Solo, GK and Traya shards for everyone for the Shard Shop currency
    Also MK2 Pulse Modulators

Once again, it is not difficult to understand new content is supposed to help us develop our roaster, crazy stuipid that we need to upgrade teams to R5, R7 and do a lot of attemplts to get what came easily before.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    My guilds one is 318mil and second 356mil gp, are completely not interested to make a bigger progress more than 25mil box. Nobody talks about any improvement in points. 20% didnt hit the raid at all. Only 20% made more than 1mil dmg. Half of the guild makes like one fight and they dont care anymore....
    Poor leadership?
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    Poor leadership?
    Yes, they need a new CEO or better mission statement…since the game is a job. Right? Not for fun?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Poor leadership?
    Yes, they need a new CEO or better mission statement…since the game is a job. Right? Not for fun?

There are guilds out there for everyone ranging from "Try Hards" to "Dondoo-Nuffins".....

If you enjoy the game and wish to progress, then being in a guild full of "Dondoo-Nuffins" is not fun.... If you don't care about roster progression then being in a guild full of "Try Hards" isn't much fun either... And, of course there are degrees in between..

If someone like Gawendj comes to the forum and complains that their guild isn't taking something seriously enough then that indicates that they should either motivate their guild or find one better suited to their style of play...

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Here we go making the situation and future of potential team investment worse:

There is currently an issue with the Krayt Dragon Hunt that allows players the ability to use 5 attempts per day instead of 5 Max attempts per Raid which is the intended interaction. This will be adjusted in a future update.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Didn't we all know this was coming?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited May 2023

There is currently an issue with the Krayt Dragon Hunt that allows players the ability to use 5 attempts per day instead of 5 Max attempts per Raid which is the intended interaction. This will be adjusted in a future update.

That is intended..... Not an issue... Or at least it reads like it WAS intended...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

That is intended..... Not an issue... Or at least it reads like it WAS intended...

Yeah I was trying to make sense of why there should be a daily allowance (not even daily, some odd hours) merely a page ago. This though was entirely unannounced in the initial raid tease posts and is not merely a detail. I don't see a reason why it should be the case either. Imo junk decision.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    Poor leadership?

There are guilds out there for everyone ranging from "Try Hards" to "Dondoo-Nuffins".....

If you enjoy the game and wish to progress, then being in a guild full of "Dondoo-Nuffins" is not fun.... If you don't care about roster progression then being in a guild full of "Try Hards" isn't much fun either... And, of course there are degrees in between..

If someone like Gawendj comes to the forum and complains that their guild isn't taking something seriously enough then that indicates that they should either motivate their guild or find one better suited to their style of play...

I dont complain. I just posted observation. My guild isnt bad with participation in any mode.
    I could think about few reasons why my guild doesnt have motivation for krayt dragon raid. First could be the way how rewards are distributed in guild score and personal track. But it is combined with other factors like factions limitations, what factions can be used, and how fast players can have right teams ready. Also everyone has some plans to make other thing like gls but no jabba, rote or new sith fleet.
    Who knows, maybe something will change after few weeks..as someone said it is not a job and nobody will force players to do what they dont want...
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Yeah I was trying to make sense of why there should be a daily allowance (not even daily, some odd hours) merely a page ago. This though was entirely unannounced in the initial raid tease posts and is not merely a detail. I don't see a reason why it should be the case either. Imo junk decision.

Agreed... From what I can see, 5 attempts per DAY, no refreshes....

I assumed that could be multiple things.... (with the no refreshes in mind).... If someone is zealous enough to form extra raid teams, or if there are more characters coming that fall into the required factions, they could do their main 5 the first day and use the others the next....

• The elephant in the room for me (10m GP) is this:

Old system: 1-5 minutes active gameplay spent on all raids in total

New system: Hours spent in every new Raid so far to maximise points. Will get this down to less than an hour once I have teams, mods and strategy finalized. Still a lot more time than before.
    And with the latest changes there is less incentive because of the personal reward nerf (which also means more work for officers who have to motivate people to play).

I don't care that the new rewards are roughly equal to the old rewards, the effort required to achieve this is not comparable. (If you are in a guild which effectively auto-ed all raids). And this is on top of TB, TW, GA, Conquest.

I know increased effort was similar for cPit and HSR at first. But those were in addition to the existing raids and the rewards were on top. An immediate net increase.

With Krayt I am having to put in so much more effort to get the same rewards. I like the new Raid as such, except it is already becoming exhausting.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Poor leadership?

I dont complain. I just posted observation. My guild isnt bad with participation in any mode.
    I could think about few reasons why my guild doesnt have motivation for krayt dragon raid. First could be the way how rewards are distributed in guild score and personal track. But it is combined with other factors like factions limitations, what factions can be used, and how fast players can have right teams ready. Also everyone has some plans to make other thing like gls but no jabba, rote or new sith fleet.
    Who knows, maybe something will change after few weeks..as someone said it is not a job and nobody will force players to do what they dont want...

Then you are in the same boat as the rest of us..... I'd day your boat still has a leak though because, if you have guildies doing nothing and getting no rewards, that really going to hurt them and your guild over time..... They need to understand that...