Response to Raid Economy Update

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Here we go making the situation and future of potential team investment worse:

There is currently an issue with the Krayt Dragon Hunt that allows players the ability to use 5 attempts per day instead of 5 Max attempts per Raid which is the intended interaction. This will be adjusted in a future update.

That is intended..... Not an issue... Or at least it reads like it WAS intended...

Yeah I was trying to make sense of why there should be a daily allowance (not even daily, some odd hours) merely a page ago. This though was entirely unannounced in the initial raid tease posts and is not merely a detail. I don't see a reason why it should be the case either. Imo junk decision.

Agreed... From what I can see, 5 attempts per DAY, no refreshes....

I assumed that could be multiple things.... (with the no refreshes in mind).... If someone is zealous enough to form extra raid teams, or if there are more characters coming that fall into the required factions, they could do their main 5 the first day and use the others the next....

I managed to fall into a typical cg mis/malcommunication trap again and raised all the team to some degree. There wasn't any indication for the restricted team choices to be further restricted by 5 attempts. What would go beyond the 5 teams is overhead and wouldn't compare to the best 5 possible teams. But then also for that reason I don't see why it would be restricted to 5 for those who wants to go far and beyond to squezze that last bit.

Team refreshes was a bug that should go away, otherwise despite sound beneficial for players it would make each raid a small tb where we would need to chase the interval each day. Maybe would work in a fresh game with little content. Certainly not this one.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    even with my raid rewards getting a little nerfed at the 90m box, gotta say it is pretty sweet to just buy 125 mk4 commlinks in one shot
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    even with my raid rewards getting a little nerfed at the 90m box, gotta say it is pretty sweet to just buy 125 mk4 commlinks in one shot

Yea, I also love the ability to save the currency and use in bulk on needed areas instead of just grabbing gear in a single digit (+having to check the store every refresh) just because it will be used sometime.
  • SmashItUp wrote: »
    What's up CG?

Just checkin' if there is any new update coming or WHEN it is supposed to happen, rewards are still trash!

This is new content, so rewards must sum up on top of what we have before, it is a cheap move to place breakeven into many tiers of rewards, your guys should have increased rewards, not put them earlier. From what I see now we have a lot of effort for very little upgrade from 130MM foward.

And yes, we need more credits!
    GET1 and GET 2
    Guild Tokens
    Han Solo, GK and Traya shards for everyone for the Shard Shop currency
    Also MK2 Pulse Modulators

Once again, it is not difficult to understand new content is supposed to help us develop our roaster, crazy stuipid that we need to upgrade teams to R5, R7 and do a lot of attemplts to get what came easily before.

GET1 is the most noticeable hit for me.

I’m farming JKL and My wampa farm hasn’t moved in over a month. That’s not normal.
  • Tone_Loc
    18 posts Member
    Sorry if I’ve missed this but was there any comment on potential tweaking of the costs of gear in mkI/II/III shop? My biggest concern is that the kyrotechs are currently prohibitively expensive. With the removal of GET II, this is a huge nerf on one of the biggest bottleneck gear pieces in the game.

I know it’s been a while since q&a’s have been used, but some interactive feedback to curated questions would be helpful given the scope of this change.
  • Bonezy
    16 posts Member
    Are you trying to make your game worse? Well its working
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    So I gave it two runs before commenting again as a 10 million gp account.

Mk1 rewards- fair and equal to past raids including credits and mod slicing. If I only buy gear I don’t have a full gear piece of I struggle spending the currency. If I buy the Costco sized amounts of stun guns stun cuffs and carbanti I easily spend the currency and can stockpile or spend on low priority characters.

Mk 2 rewards- was gone both times before the first refresh after raid ended. Yeah I’m getting a significant amount of gear of my choosing but it’s not equivalent to what I was getting before. However, I do agree the choice of gear does justify less but this “feels” like too much less.

Mk 3 rewards- quite frankly doesn’t feel enough and should be increased but on the personal track only. You should earn this and this should be where those who gear for the raid get rewarded.

Overall, not terribly disappointed in rewards anymore but feel the hit to kyro income was unnecessary. No one will buy kyros with the new currency at those prices. I also feel for those that didn’t have cpit on farm for 2+ years, while I won’t be buying Aeros until next year if I had to buy them now I’d feel very different about the rewards. I think this is another place where the personal track should be utilized to mitigate this. Personally, I feel 5 kyros should be rewarded at 5.47 million personal track and three Aeros at 6.2.

Edit to add: 457 million gp guild for the two raids scoring 95 and 98 million points. I also forgot to mention that old raid token characters should also be available for purchase with mk 1 currency. Also should split old tokens and new currency into separate tabs. I’ll eventually have way too much of core gear and be hitting mk 1 cap would be nice to use that for ssc.
    Post edited by Drathuk916 on
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »
    My guilds one is 318mil and second 356mil gp, are completely not interested to make a bigger progress more than 25mil box. Nobody talks about any improvement in points. 20% didnt hit the raid at all. Only 20% made more than 1mil dmg. Half of the guild makes like one fight and they dont care anymore....
    Complete lack of motivation. I have no idea why...

I said that before ppl refuse to lvl up specific chars that are not good in pvp but required in pve...
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    My guilds one is 318mil and second 356mil gp, are completely not interested to make a bigger progress more than 25mil box. Nobody talks about any improvement in points. 20% didnt hit the raid at all. Only 20% made more than 1mil dmg. Half of the guild makes like one fight and they dont care anymore....
    Poor leadership?
    Yes, they need a new CEO or better mission statement…since the game is a job. Right? Not for fun?

There are guilds out there for everyone ranging from "Try Hards" to "Dondoo-Nuffins".....

If you enjoy the game and wish to progress, then being in a guild full of "Dondoo-Nuffins" is not fun.... If you don't care about roster progression then being in a guild full of "Try Hards" isn't much fun either... And, of course there are degrees in between..

If someone like Gawendj comes to the forum and complains that their guild isn't taking something seriously enough then that indicates that they should either motivate their guild or find one better suited to their style of play...

I dont complain. I just posted observation. My guild isnt bad with participation in any mode.
    I could think about few reasons why my guild doesnt have motivation for krayt dragon raid. First could be the way how rewards are distributed in guild score and personal track. But it is combined with other factors like factions limitations, what factions can be used, and how fast players can have right teams ready. Also everyone has some plans to make other thing like gls but no jabba, rote or new sith fleet.
    Who knows, maybe something will change after few weeks..as someone said it is not a job and nobody will force players to do what they dont want...

Then you are in the same boat as the rest of us..... I'd day your boat still has a leak though because, if you have guildies doing nothing and getting no rewards, that really going to hurt them and your guild over time..... They need to understand that...

Just boot those players with high GP but too lazy to send a team into krayt dragon raid for guild rewards. Seriously.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    Poor leadership?
    Yes, they need a new CEO or better mission statement…since the game is a job. Right? Not for fun?

There are guilds out there for everyone ranging from "Try Hards" to "Dondoo-Nuffins".....

If you enjoy the game and wish to progress, then being in a guild full of "Dondoo-Nuffins" is not fun.... If you don't care about roster progression then being in a guild full of "Try Hards" isn't much fun either... And, of course there are degrees in between..

If someone like Gawendj comes to the forum and complains that their guild isn't taking something seriously enough then that indicates that they should either motivate their guild or find one better suited to their style of play...

I dont complain. I just posted observation. My guild isnt bad with participation in any mode.
    I could think about few reasons why my guild doesnt have motivation for krayt dragon raid. First could be the way how rewards are distributed in guild score and personal track. But it is combined with other factors like factions limitations, what factions can be used, and how fast players can have right teams ready. Also everyone has some plans to make other thing like gls but no jabba, rote or new sith fleet.
    Who knows, maybe something will change after few weeks..as someone said it is not a job and nobody will force players to do what they dont want...

Then you are in the same boat as the rest of us..... I'd day your boat still has a leak though because, if you have guildies doing nothing and getting no rewards, that really going to hurt them and your guild over time..... They need to understand that...

I dont think they dont understand. I think rewards are boring. Personal track doesnt matter really. Dmg lvl from 25 mil to 90mil is too huge, should be something like 50 mil additional box beetwen. Guild rewards could be collected the same way as personal track. There could be some boxes on every lvl with some gear, maybe some basic relic stuff, maybe box with g12 left side with option to choose. For now rewards are just boring.
    And btw nobody needs to understand anything. This is not army, job, school or old dad....
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

I said that before ppl refuse to lvl up specific chars that are not good in pvp but required in pve...

Yep, probably thats the case. If i would know that there would be a new raid in like 6 months i would not gear up teams for krayt raid. Also no interest in jabba for now.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Yep, probably thats the case. If i would know that there would be a new raid in like 6 months i would not gear up teams for krayt raid. Also no interest in jabba for now.

If new raids coming they probably limited to some factions/characters too, and you are not going to like it.
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    I still dont get if we are getting less rewards or not (i did notice the aeros missing, but that is fixed). I do notice that NOW i can use the rewards on the toons i am researching (as i can choose the gear to buy)...and before this was "random".
    So i dont get the "all is bad" comments...unless it is clear that we are getting LESS, i dont se the problem...(and the reason i dont know, is because before it was msotly random, so i didn't even knew what i was getting :) )
    I am talking GEAR...i do notice that we are not getting credits anymore...not sure if something else is missing...i had a credits surplus anyway :)
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    I am talking GEAR...i do notice that we are not getting credits anymore...not sure if something else is missing...i had a credits surplus anyway :)
    Gear could be bought with MK1 and credits could be bought with MK1. 1M credits is equal to 28 Carbs with new currency and it means that if I needed 5M credits per week to compensate loss from raids I will do it in cost of 140 Carbs.
    Gear and credist could not be treated as different things now.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    DeusArt wrote: »
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Gear could be bought with MK1 and credits could be bought with MK1. 1M credits is equal to 28 Carbs with new currency and it means that if I needed 5M credits per week to compensate loss from raids I will do it in cost of 140 Carbs.
    Gear and credist could not be treated as different things now.

Yeah, with another pass of small adjustments, we should be good. I'm on the other end of things where my old core gear needs dwindled down. I'm for everything upto g12 be really easy at this point in the game. Then the g12+ and kyro bottlenecks reveal their significance and that is good enough to slow people down anyways. They have so many choke points that it's ample time to ease the beginner ones without this much reservation on cg's side.
  • YurArm
    18 posts Member
    After update there was some correction ( 20%).
    But there still overall reduced awards for TWO times (((
    It is dramatical reduction. Dont believe they not calculated before deploy.

Especially , now i cant get full mk12, as earlier from sith.

Or they know, and do it specially.if so its very pity
  • Dragoth
    27 posts Member
    If CG threw variable gold currency onto the raid, I think most people would be happier. Or/and some standard guild currency.
  • Profit
    281 posts Member
    Dragoth wrote: »
    If CG threw variable gold currency onto the raid, I think most people would be happier. Or/and some standard guild currency.

Some guild token and shifting credis back to passive and im happy, stuffed in a box with some tiny chance of also getting fully crafted peaces and its golden in my book.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    I'd be okay with the credit situation if they just stuck a single 5-10M package of credits in the Weekly Shipments, right at the top where it's easy to find.

• Is there any update on the guild currency characters being available with the new currency? I know they recognised this being a problem.

I'm farming my last character from there, needed 50 more shards for 7 star, but wow its painfully slow. I'm not bothered for me, I'll be done soon but for newer players that's unreal and unfair. These aren't high value characters like Wampa.

GET currency in general is a bit lacklustre imo and could do with a look, especially if it's gone from raids now.

I think credits are a bit circumstantial based on where you are in the game. I've nearly taken everyone to level 85, beyond that I can't see what I'll need them for on mass. However it must suck for players not at that point. I'm guessing less new players means shifting the crunch points further up the chain.
  • 90MikeG
    15 posts Member
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead Any Updates On What We’re Losing Out With The Changes?
  • Robre
    35 posts Member
    They need to add GET1, GET2 and Credits to the rewards. And more MK1. I feel like I'm buying gear I've never run out of before on top of the gear I normally buy.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The mk1 amount, by the actual numbers, is fine for most players. And you can just buy credits.

I agree we need some GET for kyro, since it's horribly overpriced for mk2.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    90MikeG wrote: »
    No it’s not lol. We lost out on a lot of rewards. Zip up CG’s pants when you’re done. The changes are not fine. You have no idea how much this affects everyone if you think like that. No need to shill for a multi billion $ company
    The mk1 amount, by the actual numbers, is fine for most players. And you can just buy credits.

Can you show what you exactly lost? He has the exact figures of what we get now. Or yea, just go with hearsay you parrot from others.

A guild would have to hit 130million box to get what a smaller guild who clears CPit and all other raids….if you were competitive in those raids. The 90 million box doesn’t quite get you there. My guess this change affects way more people than just leaving the old raids as is. Plus, this deviates from new raid content delivering additive rewards. The ability to accept less so you can pick gear has less value once you start running out of garbage gear. Also, as a side note…after doing this a few weeks the raid is so darn boring. I am in a 463 million guild and participation is spotty.
  • The one guy who collected data for 70+ days of consistent top 10 finishes in HSTR keeps saying his rewards are almost equal at 90m.

How are you arriving at the conclusion that you need to hit 130m before it’s equal for an entire guild that got considerably worse rewards than he did? I keep seeing that claim, but not what backs it up. While rewards not being equal for guilds until they hit 130m was true for the first week of the raid, they improved it substantially a week later.
    No it’s not lol. We lost out on a lot of rewards. Zip up CG’s pants when you’re done. The changes are not fine. You have no idea how much this affects everyone if you think like that. No need to shill for a multi billion $ company

Can you show what you exactly lost? He has the exact figures of what we get now. Or yea, just go with hearsay you parrot from others.

A guild would have to hit 130million box to get what a smaller guild who clears CPit and all other raids….if you were competitive in those raids. The 90 million box doesn’t quite get you there. My guess this change affects way more people than just leaving the old raids as is. Plus, this deviates from new raid content delivering additive rewards. The ability to accept less so you can pick gear has less value once you start running out of garbage gear. Also, as a side note…after doing this a few weeks the raid is so darn boring. I am in a 463 million guild and participation is spotty.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    The one guy who collected data for 70+ days of consistent top 10 finishes in HSTR keeps saying his rewards are almost equal at 90m.

How are you arriving at the conclusion that you need to hit 130m before it’s equal for an entire guild that got considerably worse rewards than he did? I keep seeing that claim, but not what backs it up. While rewards not being equal for guilds until they hit 130m was true for the first week of the raid, they improved it substantially a week later.

I have no suspicion at some point that came from someone trying to do the calculations. From that point on though, it just spread like wildfire. Those who carry as a badge of honor doesn't care about data so they will be hard-pressed to present any.
  • Please find a way to adjust the credits, that is the last thing that should now feel like a bottleneck - run credit heist once a week, bump up the credit payouts for the simmed war every day or the 3x week credit battle, just give us 2mm for finishing daily activities, add them to the raid rewards for 5mm, do something. We shouldn't have to purchase credits with event currency.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Please find a way to adjust the credits, that is the last thing that should now feel like a bottleneck - run credit heist once a week, bump up the credit payouts for the simmed war every day or the 3x week credit battle, just give us 2mm for finishing daily activities, add them to the raid rewards for 5mm, do something. We shouldn't have to purchase credits with event currency.

I think giving credits more/larger slots in the rewards can work too.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Please find a way to adjust the credits, that is the last thing that should now feel like a bottleneck - run credit heist once a week, bump up the credit payouts for the simmed war every day or the 3x week credit battle, just give us 2mm for finishing daily activities, add them to the raid rewards for 5mm, do something. We shouldn't have to purchase credits with event currency.

I think giving credits more/larger slots in the rewards can work too.

There's actually two slots now.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Why not? It's cheap relative to the amount of mk1 currency we get.

I tracked on average 5.5m credits per week from the four legacy raids. And this week I've already bought my week's worth.