Malachor Galactic Challenge Offense Up Bug?

nottenst
682 posts Member
edited May 2023
I was able to get all but the offense up using Hutt Cartel BHs. I then tried my old standard, JMK squad with Shaak Ti. I saw Shaak Ti provide Offense Up to the whole squad enough times, which usually works and yet this time it did not. It seems the GC is bugged, but maybe someone else has experienced something differently.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Shaak ti only gives off up to toons that don’t already have it, that might be the issue.

A sure fire way is veers lead IT. He gives offence up to everyone whenever a toon dies, so as long as you don’t kill multiple in a turn you’ll get the feat comfortably.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Shaak ti only gives off up to toons that don’t already have it, that might be the issue.

A sure fire way is veers lead IT. He gives offence up to everyone whenever a toon dies, so as long as you don’t kill multiple in a turn you’ll get the feat comfortably.

Yep, in this one you have to get the offence up 20 times, it's not an "attempt to apply" feat.... I didn't with shaak clones...
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    I guess it is a different feat than before. Thanks for the advice. I wish there was a counter so we'd able to see what is counted or not.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Shaak ti only gives off up to toons that don’t already have it, that might be the issue.

Yep, in this one you have to get the offence up 20 times, it's not an "attempt to apply" feat.... I didn't with shaak clones...

Shaak doesn't even attempt if they have Offense Up already.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    nottenst wrote: »
    I guess it is a different feat than before. Thanks for the advice. I wish there was a counter so we'd able to see what is counted or not.

Shaak has always had this issue with this feat.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    My IT were not powerful enough, but thanks to BitDynasty's video I tried Padme, Shaak Ti, GMY, JKA, and Ahsoka. GMY and JKA apparently grant it whether they have offense up already or not so I was able to prolong the battle enough for 20 offense up.
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    Yoda plus Shaak is the key. I generally do it with those two plus JML lead with Hoda and JKLS. Seems that Shaak always gives it to Yoda and then he can spread it around.
  • Aurra lead Bounty Hunters worked for me. Aurra, Mando, Greef, Boba, and Bossk. Also gives the all BH feat too.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Old (very old) good Bossk-lead BH did the job. Bossk lead, Boba, Dengar, Jango, Mando. Only first three with relics. Dengar is ofc useless here but I don't have the solid replacement anyway. Do not use event ability and AOE, poke Mission until contract triggers, disintegrate Carth, finish the rest, use Bossk taunt 4 times somewhere on the way.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

I did it with Shaak.... You just have to keep T3-M4 alive so they use "Carbonite Projector" and "Repair Kit" to cleanse the buff so that it can be re-applied....
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator

I did it with Shaak.... You just have to keep T3-M4 alive so they use "Carbonite Projector" and "Repair Kit" to cleanse the buff so that it can be re-applied....

I'm not at all saying the feat can't be accomplished with Shaak. Just that it has nothing to do with applying vs. attempting to apply.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

That’s a nice idea, but not necessary.

Use Shaak to apply the first set of Offense Up. Then GMY duplicates it with his 3rd special. That’s 9 right there (maybe 10, but pretty sure it’s 9). GMY gets Offense Up on himself when he uses his basic on an enemy with less than 50% health, too. Usually by the time you get to GMY using his 3rd special a second time, you’ll have more than enough for the feat. I do that for every GC with the Offense Up feat. That way you also don’t have to rely on keeping any of the enemy toons alive.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Use Shaak to apply the first set of Offense Up. Then GMY duplicates it with his 3rd special. That’s 9 right there (maybe 10, but pretty sure it’s 9). GMY gets Offense Up on himself when he uses his basic on an enemy with less than 50% health, too. Usually by the time you get to GMY using his 3rd special a second time, you’ll have more than enough for the feat. I do that for every GC with the Offense Up feat. That way you also don’t have to rely on keeping any of the enemy toons alive.

Except GMY can't apply it when everyone already has it.... That's what I meant by it's not an "attempt to apply feat" like some of the ability ones, if it's already there it doesn't get applied and it doesn't count...

Except GMY can't apply it when everyone already has it.... That's what I meant by it's not an "attempt to apply feat" like some of the ability ones, if it's already there it doesn't get applied and it doesn't count...

He absolutelyw does, it works literally every time for that feat. The ability says nothing about not applying if they already have it. If they already have it, it re-ups it. I didn’t get nearly enough Offense Ups from Shaak and GMY’s basic to get the gear this time, but the GMY buff spread gave me it.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

He absolutelyw does, it works literally every time for that feat. The ability says nothing about not applying if they already have it. If they already have it, it re-ups it. I didn’t get nearly enough Offense Ups from Shaak and GMY’s basic to get the gear this time, but the GMY buff spread gave me it.

Yeah, my bad on this one... A friend brought it to my attention that GMY actually gves credit for the applies... Weird that he would and Shaak wouldn't but hey, will take me less time next go-round!
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator

Yeah, my bad on this one... A friend brought it to my attention that GMY actually gves credit for the applies... Weird that he would and Shaak wouldn't but hey, will take me less time next go-round!

It's NOT weird if you actually read the kits. Shaak Ti specifically says "...grant Offense Up for 1 turn to all allies who didn't already have it." So it's not a matter of her failing to apply extra counts on top of existing ones, she's just not giving them out. Which is why I already made the comment that I did.

It’s super handy!