GET 1 GET 2 Guild Tokens

Skkrt
15 posts Member
edited May 2023
Dear @CG_Tusken_Meathead,

The recent update on May 9, 2023, shows that you are listening to the community and paying close attention to feedback. However, I would like to address some concerns as a relatively new player:

1) For many players, HSTR was a crucial source of obtaining GET1 currency. Now that this reward has been removed, there are no alternative ways to obtain even a portion of the previous rewards. This loss feels even more significant alongside cPit.

2) Guild Tokens were primarily obtained through raids. When they were removed from raid rewards, acquiring any character has become a true challenge.

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could provide some information regarding these questions. Currently, there is no understanding whether these changes were intentional or if there will be possible alternatives for obtaining different types of currency that were available in previous raids.

Thank you for your attention and consideration.

Replies

• _Marec_
    87 posts Member
    The loss of all these GET1, GET2, and Guild Tokens that were normally in HSTR/CPIT has really slowed the farm for characters that are crucial to building necessary Krayt Raid Teams.

To name a few: Gamorrean Guard, HODA/Wampa (JKL journey), Jawa Engineer, Tusken Shaman. Also important, Malevolence/Negotiator, GAS/Malak.

For those of us who could do CPIT at the mid-game level, the loss per week is about 1600 GET1, 750 GET2, and 9400 Guild Tokens. This is considering rank 11-15 reward boxes. This loss also isn't supplemented with any MK1-3 tokens since those characters aren't available there.

Inserting excel math for reference.

I9r4igeblhput.jpg
  • Am I the only one who never got any in the rewards? Was it a level based thing?
  • Skkrt
    15 posts Member
    _Marec_ wrote: »
    The loss of all these GET1, GET2, and Guild Tokens that were normally in HSTR/CPIT has really slowed the farm for characters that are crucial to building necessary Krayt Raid Teams.

To name a few: Gamorrean Guard, HODA/Wampa (JKL journey), Jawa Engineer, Tusken Shaman. Also important, Malevolence/Negotiator, GAS/Malak.

For those of us who could do CPIT at the mid-game level, the loss per week is about 1600 GET1, 750 GET2, and 9400 Guild Tokens. This is considering rank 11-15 reward boxes. This loss also isn't supplemented with any MK1-3 tokens since those characters aren't available there.

I9r4igeblhput.jpg

I concur wholeheartedly. As a novice player, I perceive the game developers' decisions as significantly increasing the level of difficulty I encounter, particularly when attempting to unlock characters through the guild store, which proves to be an arduous undertaking.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Skkrt wrote: »

I9r4igeblhput.jpg

I concur wholeheartedly. As a novice player, I perceive the game developers' decisions as significantly increasing the level of difficulty I encounter, particularly when attempting to unlock characters through the guild store, which proves to be an arduous undertaking.

Because they don't want you to unlock stuff with raid rewards, they want you to unlock stuff with money.
  • _Marec_
    87 posts Member

I9r4igeblhput.jpg

It really does make it hard to farm what an account needs to do better in the Krayt Raid. I know content creators have highlighted this very point recently, hopefully we get a response from CG soon enough.
  • They said in the most recent update on the KDR that they would be moving the characters from the older Guild Currency to the new MK 1/2/3 system in a future update. So that concern will be fixed fairly soon. They haven't clarified or responded to the GET1/2 problem though.
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    Probably dumb question...but werent GET1 and GET2 mostly obtaind in Territory Battles...which didn't change? At least it was my primary source...4K each time or so...vs 400 or so in HSTR?
  • Skkrt
    15 posts Member
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Probably dumb question...but werent GET1 and GET2 mostly obtaind in Territory Battles...which didn't change? At least it was my primary source...4K each time or so...vs 400 or so in HSTR?

This part hurts the most for us new players like myself. I really hope they address these questions in future updates.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

This part hurts the most for us new players like myself. I really hope they address these questions in future updates.

But the point they were making is that most GET came from TB.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Skkrt
    15 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

1) Can you point me to where they said that?
    2) I don't get why they're making these changes if it's not to make it more "donateble". Imho, veteran players already have all the ships and characters from the GET store, but new players and mid-game accounts (around 3-5 million) are really suffering from the lack of GET now.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

1) Can you point me to where they said that?

You quoted it
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    2) I don't get why they're making these changes if it's not to make it more "donateble". Imho, veteran players already have all the ships and characters from the GET store, but new players and mid-game accounts (around 3-5 million) are really suffering from the lack of GET now.
    I joined a good guild to get GET (pun intended :) )
    You get a lot more GET1 and GET2 from TB...and guild has to do them. Raids were just for a small part of it...my characters always "evolved" after the TBs...

HOWEVER...if your guild is not very good in TB, the ratio may change...not sure.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Rank 40 in Cpit and STR was about 6k GET1 and 2.8k GET2 every month.
    Based on 5 Cpit and 8 STR a month
    It is not an insignificant loss of the currency.

For me I am now at about 2/3 of what my monthly GET 1 income was prior to raid change. It is possible that the Mk2 raid tokens make up for this but I am too lazy to do all the math
  • Rank 40 in Cpit and STR was about 6k GET1 and 2.8k GET2 every month.

Sure, but aside from the characters you can buy the same things with RTM1 - RTM3. So the problem isn't the "loss" of currency (it's really a conversion of currency). The problem is the lower access to those particular characters.

HOWEVER, this is probably more perceived than actual.

Why?

Because you're no longer torn between using GET on toons vs. using it on gear. The high flexibility of the Mk1 & Mk2 currencies should allow you to bypass what you were buying gear wise with GET and pick up the same gear pieces through RTM1-2.

If you're buying less gear with GET, that means a greater % of that income can now go to characters.

For people who were all in on toons and weren't buying any gear, well, that does slow you down some in the character department, but it increases your rare gear acquisition (since you weren't buying any before).

In short, the system decreases the flexibility you had with respect to GET, but it doesn't prevent you from accessing the toons, and if RTM1-3 displace some/all of your need for GET, it shouldn't hurt overall development much.

I mean, I can see asking for those older toons to be made available with RTs, but again, that's about a conversion of currency rather than a loss.

And while having choices taken away from you feels bad, you definitely have more choices with the new system than the old, even if they're different choices (because RTs are more flexible than RNG-based gear rewards which you can't convert to anything other than relic mats).

Of course I'm passed collecting toons & ships with GET, so maybe I'm just forgetting how hard it is to get those toons, but this part of the change seems reasonable (in the abstract) to me.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Rank 40 in Cpit and STR was about 6k GET1 and 2.8k GET2 every month.

Sure, but aside from the characters you can buy the same things with RTM1 - RTM3. So the problem isn't the "loss" of currency (it's really a conversion of currency). The problem is the lower access to those particular characters.

HOWEVER, this is probably more perceived than actual.

Why?

Because you're no longer torn between using GET on toons vs. using it on gear. The high flexibility of the Mk1 & Mk2 currencies should allow you to bypass what you were buying gear wise with GET and pick up the same gear pieces through RTM1-2.

If you're buying less gear with GET, that means a greater % of that income can now go to characters.

For people who were all in on toons and weren't buying any gear, well, that does slow you down some in the character department, but it increases your rare gear acquisition (since you weren't buying any before).

In short, the system decreases the flexibility you had with respect to GET, but it doesn't prevent you from accessing the toons, and if RTM1-3 displace some/all of your need for GET, it shouldn't hurt overall development much.

I mean, I can see asking for those older toons to be made available with RTs, but again, that's about a conversion of currency rather than a loss.

And while having choices taken away from you feels bad, you definitely have more choices with the new system than the old, even if they're different choices (because RTs are more flexible than RNG-based gear rewards which you can't convert to anything other than relic mats).

Of course I'm passed collecting toons & ships with GET, so maybe I'm just forgetting how hard it is to get those toons, but this part of the change seems reasonable (in the abstract) to me.

1. I haven't spent GET on a character in a long time it was always on gear
    2. I did say the Mk2 tokens may have made up for it (similar with guild currency and MK1 tokens), I don't really know. I don't care to do the math.
  • Mk2 makes up for the loss in GET1, but not GET2, which I spend almost entirely on Kyros. I am starting to feel like my kyro income rate has dropped. That could also be just perceived though, as I'm in that phase of GL farming where everyone needs a bunch of kyros to get to relic.
  • _Marec_
    87 posts Member
    edited May 2023

It is an accomplishment being able to have all the characters you need, so congrats in that regard. Being able to spend that currency on gear is a luxury. Many other accounts, however, need characters that are crucial to the Jabba or other KDR team farm.

Gamorrean Guard, Tusken Shaman, Jawa Engineer, HODA/Wampa are just a few to name locked behind GET and guild tokens with still no reasonable solution in an MK1-3 format. "Soon" can't come soon enough because these characters are needed now to increase KDR score.

Example: If you're farming JKL, the loss of 1600 GET1 per week comes out to 23.7 HODA/Wampa per month. If farming Jabba, the loss of 9400 guild tokens per week equates to 835.5 Gamorrean Guard shards per month. That's a signicant slowdown, even worse when it's compared to guild tokens because in 1 month you can theoretically farm 2 full characters, like say Gam Guard and Shaman.

Math
    Guild tokens: 10 characters shards @ cost of 450 per purchase. 9400 tokens per week = 37,600/mo.

GET1: 5 character shards @ cost of 1350 GET1 per purchase. 1600 GET1 per week = 6400/mo.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

It is an accomplishment being able to have all the characters you need, so congrats in that regard. Being able to spend that currency on gear is a luxury. Many other accounts, however, need characters that are crucial to the Jabba or other KDR team farm.

Gamorrean Guard, Tusken Shaman, Jawa Engineer, HODA/Wampa are just a few to name locked behind GET and guild tokens with still no reasonable solution in an MK1-3 format. "Soon" can't come soon enough because these characters are needed now to increase KDR score.

Example: If you're farming JKL, the loss of 1600 GET1 per week comes out to 23.7 HODA/Wampa per month. If farming Jabba, the loss of 9400 guild tokens per week equates to 835.5 Gamorrean Guard shards per month. That's a signicant slowdown, even worse when it's compared to guild tokens because in 1 month you can theoretically farm 2 full characters, like say Gam Guard and Shaman.

Math
    Guild tokens: 10 characters shards @ cost of 450 per purchase. 9400 tokens per week = 37,600/mo.

GET1: 5 character shards @ cost of 1350 GET1 per purchase. 1600 GET1 per week = 6400/mo.

you should look at the raid store after today's update
  • _Marec_
    87 posts Member

Math

Thanks, hopefully they were fixed. Store hasn't refreshed on my end, still shows the same old MK1 han/traya/GK.

I did see the patch notes, but they weren't clear if it was all characters from GET1/2 addressed in there. I assume they'll be MK2.

"Characters that are available for Guild Currency were added to the Guild Activity Shipment for Mk 1 Raid Tokens.
    Characters were made purchasable for Mk 2 Raid Tokens in the Guild Activity Shipment."
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Math

Thanks, hopefully they were fixed. Store hasn't refreshed on my end, still shows the same old MK1 han/traya/GK.

I did see the patch notes, but they weren't clear if it was all characters from GET1/2 addressed in there. I assume they'll be MK2.

"Characters that are available for Guild Currency were added to the Guild Activity Shipment for Mk 1 Raid Tokens.
    Characters were made purchasable for Mk 2 Raid Tokens in the Guild Activity Shipment."

It will update after your next refresh.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Mk2 makes up for the loss in GET1, but not GET2, which I spend almost entirely on Kyros. I am starting to feel like my kyro income rate has dropped. That could also be just perceived though, as I'm in that phase of GL farming where everyone needs a bunch of kyros to get to relic.

I hope so. Cause even though it was a small amount per raid, it adds up.