UNFAIR! Store daily deal relic packs still not for everyone!!

Replies

• Whatelse73 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    CG probably forgot it was a thing for a few months. If only they had a testing program with players where the players could keep them set on what's going on. Or maybe if they had some kind of developer tracking setup to see what's going on and what they're working on? They could even share it with players, so we could see at least some of the future happenings and even bug fix statuses.

Not sure how new you are to the game, but they tried that.... A bunch of the players in the beta program couldn't keep their mouths shut and broke their NDA, including some using it to make YouTube content for self profit....

Thus is what remains..

I've been here a little while and they shut down the beta program, but leaks seem to continue to happen. So perhaps it wasn't the beta program? Or, even if it was just one person, why punish all players for it? The beta program only helped players AND CG with improving the game.

Well we know for sure that there was at least one leak among the beta testers - but you're right, the leaks continue, though slightly diminished. That being the case, surely there were SOME people in the old beta program that had proven themselves trustworthy. Shutting down the whole thing has always struck me as a very heavy handed response considering how much good the program obviously did. The number of bugs introduced in new patches ticked up considerable and notably after the beta program disappeared. QA testing and automation can only do so much - there's no replacement for human interaction with and understanding of the game and it's mechanics and nuances.

CG employs a lot of very smart people. Surely they could come up with a way to compensate for the occasional leak. That being said, details of Leviathan requirements have been slow to come and I haven't heard a peep outside of wild speculation through unofficial channels.

To the thread topic though, I'd love to have these deals available to me. I don't think I'd suddenly start emptying my crystal stash for them but I have seen screen shots of the occasional pack that I would definitely spend on if the timing was right.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • How long will we be unfairly treated, the longer this goes on the further the rest of us that want these daily deals , will be behind on these droid brains
    You can only get so many so it's clearly giving some an advantage @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Shut it down or make it available to all

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    How long will we be unfairly treated, the longer this goes on the further the rest of us that want these daily deals , will be behind on these droid brains
    You can only get so many so it's clearly giving some an advantage @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead

It's not always overpriced droid brains.... Sometimes it's over priced other stuff :)

msgxm05tzxse.png
  • Some get the options for droid brains daily, still the point remains we aren't getting equal opportunities
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Some get the options for droid brains daily, still the point remains we aren't getting equal opportunities

You don't get droid brains offered daily, the offers rotate or are random.... Like I said, I am one of the folks getting the offers and I think they are overpriced... YMMV

And yes, it should be available to everyone, I do see your point...
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1061 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    How long will we be unfairly treated, the longer this goes on the further the rest of us that want these daily deals , will be behind on these droid brains

It's not always overpriced droid brains.... Sometimes it's over priced other stuff :)

msgxm05tzxse.png

Some of them aren’t overpriced though (depending on your definition of over-priced). But a like-for-like comparison for other ways to purchase such gear with crystals shows these packs offer an advantage. For example the chromium tier there.

Kyros: 28c each, so 25 = 700c
    Mk8 security: 30c each, so 25 = 750c
    Mk12 multi tool: 30c each, so 25 = 750c

Total value 2200 crystals, so at a cost of 1600 crystals you’re getting it at 73% of its true cost. The Aurodium package offers similar discounts.

Granted, the cheapest way to get any of them for crystals is through energy refreshes, but in a hurry one of these packs presents significantly better value for crystals than shipments. Over the length of time for which they have been available it could build up to an advantage for those who have been offered them over those who haven’t.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • still nothing, but they'll comment on getting 5 more attempts in the raid when there aren't even 10 teams to use lol
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    It's because there are at least six teams to use, shrug
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead @CG_SBCrumb .... Any chance we can make these deals available to everyone here?.... I know there is a less than 10% chance any of them will actually buy them.... But it's worth a shot!
    9v2e3md4o6oo.png
  • Couple of years ago they shut down the Android play store reward packs which gave energy as it gave an unfair advantage to other users. This is a similar issue as it only benefits a section of the player base for no apparent reason.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

msgxm05tzxse.png

Some of them aren’t overpriced though (depending on your definition of over-priced). But a like-for-like comparison for other ways to purchase such gear with crystals shows these packs offer an advantage. For example the chromium tier there.

Total value 2200 crystals, so at a cost of 1600 crystals you’re getting it at 73% of its true cost. The Aurodium package offers similar discounts.

Granted, the cheapest way to get any of them for crystals is through energy refreshes, but in a hurry one of these packs presents significantly better value for crystals than shipments. Over the length of time for which they have been available it could build up to an advantage for those who have been offered them over those who haven’t.

I think there are much better deals to be had....

n42tt1ycfr5c.png
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

msgxm05tzxse.png

n42tt1ycfr5c.png

Unless you don't have the disposable income to spend actual money on the game...
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

msgxm05tzxse.png

n42tt1ycfr5c.png

Unless you don't have the disposable income to spend actual money on the game...

In which case you should be happy with whatever the game decides to give you instead of comlpaining about not having access to things in a game you are playing absolutely free of charge...
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

msgxm05tzxse.png

n42tt1ycfr5c.png

In which case you should be happy with whatever the game decides to give you instead of comlpaining about not having access to things in a game you are playing absolutely free of charge...

Touché.

I know i'm not entitled to receive those packs, but it would be nice to have a level playing field with other ftp users who are receiving these offers.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

msgxm05tzxse.png

n42tt1ycfr5c.png

Touché.

I know i'm not entitled to receive those packs, but it would be nice to have a level playing field with other ftp users who are receiving these offers.

Yeah, that's fair... I can agree that we should all have access to the same things in principle..
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member

msgxm05tzxse.png

n42tt1ycfr5c.png

Touché.

Yeah, that's fair... I can agree that we should all have access to the same things in principle..

At the same time, are 100% of spenders getting these offers?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

msgxm05tzxse.png

n42tt1ycfr5c.png

Touché.

Doesn't sound like it.. and they should....
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

msgxm05tzxse.png

n42tt1ycfr5c.png

Touché.

Afaik it's random
  • Definitely random, i spend and don't get them
    So i just sit here watching everyone else that spends on them get further ahead of me
  • It's definitely shady of them to have put it out there only to a percentage of people
    Slowly devaluing everyone's accounts who doesn't get them
    But here we are CG can't get a single update out without bugs, they probably can't fix this lol
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    My account isn't devalued at all
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    My account isn't devalued at all

what if i use promo code F2P
  • Georgee
    77 posts Member
    My 2c:
    - I started to get the packs few months back but not from the start when information from other players appeared.
    - I have to restart the game for them to appear. Every day.
    - They are very obviously dynamic, guessing what I would be willing to spend on based on history of my farming and other actions in the game. They are actually quite successful in it. But I got very strict rules about spending crystals for anything else then energy refreshes so bought them only twice so far.
    - They are often overpriced.
    - Speculation about the reason why not everybody has them: CG might be still testing them, collecting data about players behaviour. That would be supported by the fact that the packs are actually not always overpriced. Why they don't communicate the reason is beyond me though.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Georgee wrote: »
    My 2c:
    - I started to get the packs few months back but not from the start when information from other players appeared.
    - They are very obviously dynamic, guessing what I would be willing to spend on based on history of my farming and other actions in the game. They are actually quite successful in it. But I got very strict rules about spending crystals for anything else then energy refreshes so bought them only twice so far.
    - Speculation about the reason why not everybody has them: CG might be still testing them, collecting data about players behaviour. That would be supported by the fact that the packs are actually not always overpriced. Why they don't communicate the reason is beyond me though.

Generally they are overpriced for stuff you can get in other ways a lot easier. The only one that's "decent" is the one with the 20 impulse detectors, though it's 3200 crystals. 80 circuit boards that go with it is decent too since CG is so absurdly stingy with circuit boards.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Georgee wrote: »
    My 2c:

Generally they are overpriced for stuff you can get in other ways a lot easier. The only one that's "decent" is the one with the 20 impulse detectors, though it's 3200 crystals. 80 circuit boards that go with it is decent too since CG is so absurdly stingy with circuit boards.

Two quick refreshes on LS 1-c will get you enough circuit boards to hit the next level.... Alternatively, you can get CCB gear from Bronzium....
  • Georgee
    77 posts Member

I see it as a little bit more complex. What I mean - I recently farmed Wicket and Chewpio for CLS. It was so difficult to resist all these packs with so many of their shards on them. It was actually one of the two cases when I bought it. The 3200 pack had 80(?not really sure about the number anymore) shards of Chewpio, which was the same price as in weekly shipments(sure about that) and on top of that few shards of Wicket and two other characters I needed plus some useful gear that I don't remember anymore. It WAS overpriced compared to farming but super convenient. Even then I bought it only because I got quite a lot of crystals over my threshold for spending.
  • Its nice to see CG cares about fairness in their game
    How long will this go on before we get an awnser?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Its nice to see CG cares about fairness in their game
    How long will this go on before we get an awnser?

Havent seen them in a few days....
  • Profit
    281 posts Member
    My 2 cents on these packs:
    -most are junk
    - I'm f2p so it has nothing to do with being a spender
    -they definitely cater to what you are working on, which means they can miss the mark quite hard when you proactively stock up gear for something yet unlocked, but look appealing for shard farms etc.
    - some are really good e.g. the impulse detectors ones where you save 400 crystals over buying them from shipments, plus they throw in a few handfuls of other stuff. (These are the only ones I've gotten)
    - it is not a gamebreaking advantage by any means
    - I can't really see why they wouldn't be made available for all, especially considering the time they have been around.

Happy Friday!

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Profit wrote: »
    My 2 cents on these packs:
    -most are junk
    - I'm f2p so it has nothing to do with being a spender
    -they definitely cater to what you are working on, which means they can miss the mark quite hard when you proactively stock up gear for something yet unlocked, but look appealing for shard farms etc.
    - some are really good e.g. the impulse detectors ones where you save 400 crystals over buying them from shipments, plus they throw in a few handfuls of other stuff. (These are the only ones I've gotten)
    - it is not a gamebreaking advantage by any means
    - I can't really see why they wouldn't be made available for all, especially considering the time they have been around.

Happy Friday!

They do not cater to what you are working on.
    I have gotten packs with shards of units I have had reliced for a while.

If they actually catered to what I was working on it would be nothing but relic mats