Major Flaw in the Krayt Raid

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Such an easy fix yet so many just ignore it. Shows how some just want to argue and not actually get a solution.

People saying CG shouldn't waste time on a easily fixable bug that hasn't directly impacted them but has and will continue to negatively impact others is one of those glaringly obvious displays of the oh so prevalent, "screw you, I got mine." mentality. It takes no time to deduce that this is an oversight that needs resolved and people still fight against it because it hasn't directly affected them.

Has a lot to do with hyperbolic word choices you used rather than the bug itself.

I mean, every guild that still has it on a fixed timer is getting behavior that isn't working as intended and it's significantly worse for them.

Every time it happens and they don't update the launch setting to "immediately" risks another 4 days of tickets in what should be a 3 day raid cycle. We've only been discussing problems with "immediately" being concerned where it is still an issue, but guilds with less active or less knowledgeable officers that don't catch it can be screwed every time it happens. And delayed launches have happened 3 times for my guild, so it's a fairly common thing.

Raid at 7pm. Tickets at 7:30. Tickets at 7:30. Tickets at 7:30. Raid finalizes at 7:02pm. Guild has enough, but doesn't catch it. Tickets at 7:30, overcapped.

Raid at 7pm. Tickets at 7:30. Tickets at 7:30. Tickets at 7:30. Raid finalizes at 7:02pm. Guild has enough, but doesn't catch it. Tickets at 7:30, overcapped.

This could be a regular occurrence every 4 days for some guilds where they unknowingly suffer because it doesn't work as intended.

So to sump up, with that regular occurence, when will it happen to your guild again in your calculation?
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    This feels like a random edge case affecting you specifically. First of all, rewards timing doesn't really matter anymore. You have a steady income of tokens, use them as needed or save some up for "event locks."

Second of all, this timing issue doesn't actually change the amount of raids you do in a week, so I fail to see how it's an issue at all.

Considering someone else also posted a thread about raids not auto launching, I can guarantee it's not just affecting me specifically. And just because you fail to see how this is an issue, it doesn't mean it isn't one. If this has impacted one guild it can, and will, impact others. I'm trying to help before it becomes a similar problem for other guilds. How about you willingly delay your raids and waste tickets? No? Then it's a problem.

Explain it then. How does a 6 minute delay actually affect anything? Let's say it launches "on time" and you don't "waste tickets". Do you get to run an extra raid this month as a result? Or does your raid still launch at the end of this raid regardless?

If I have 135k tickets and the raid doesn't auto launch and I waste 15k tickets, how is that not a problem?

The raid runs for 3 days and costs 90k tickets. Coincidentally, during the 3 days the raid is running, you earn 90k tickets. So, unless you somehow start only gaining, like, 15k tickets, it won't be a problem, because a raid is always on.
    If other guilds get 6 minute delays regularly and also waste tickets, is that not a problem? Those are tickets that would have granted extra wiggle room with participation, maybe it does eventually equate to an extra raid at some point.

Regardless, it's something that SHOULDN'T be happening. It's a design oversight that should be reasonably easy to rectify.

Again, how about you delay your raids by a day and waste tickets? Then keep doing that once for every guild that has the issue. And you'll finally see that a little bit of a problem for lots of people is a problem.

The 6 minute delay is meaningless for any guild that existed when the raid launched, because you will always simply have enough tickets. Whether you "waste" all 30k or 1k or you timed it differently so you launch before reset and never "waste" any. It's simply never going to be an issue for you guild because, except for those 66 minutes every 3 days, you will always have a raid going.

You are incredibly wrong and I'm not sure how I can explain it in a more simple way.

Guild start raid
    Raid not finish and start exact same time, 72 hours later.
    Guild raid timer pushed back
    Raid timer passes daily reset and guild earns 4 days worth of tickets during a 3 day raid window
    Guild has up to 30k earned tickets that get deleted from existence THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.
    Up to 30k tickets could have been used to start a raid sooner down the line when people eventually miss 600 tickets
    Guild shafted

Let's say you manually start the raid to avoid the 6 minute delay. You drop from 135k tokens to 45k tokens. You do the raid. Raid is over again. Now you're at 135k tokens. You start the raid. You're at 45k tokens. For infinity.

Let's say you miss it, and it starts "late." You hit 150k tokens. Raid starts, you're at 60k tokens. 3 days later, raid is over. Now you're at 150k tokens. You start the raid. You're at 60k tokens.

Now, obviously I can see that you have a different amount of tokens at the start and end here. But so what? In both scenarios you will immediately start the raid in perpetuity. Therefore, there is no issue here, and at best this is a minor "flaw" in however CG has this process setup.

And say you start getting 27k tickets per day.

150 - 90 = 60
    60 + 81 = 141
    141 - 90 = 51
    51 + 81 = 132

Oh wait, I should have 102. And should have been able to raid.

Have you tried getting 30k tickets every day? Solves your problem pretty quickly.
    Such an easy fix yet so many just ignore it. Shows how some just want to argue and not actually get a solution.

Sure, they should just get rid of the hour finalizing. Don't need that anymore. Though there may still be a few minutes delay after, so OP would still complain.

Except a constant 30k/day is unrealistic and still doesn't fix the issue.

But the 30k/day is rich coming from someone who has a lower days in guild and still manages a worse ticket average. Yikes.

ul6ka8ycmdyy.png
    cj4g1ouw5sq5.png

And yet, we have no such issues with the raid launch timing, go figure. Maybe, if you ever actually get bumped, you should just change the launch time so it's not so close to reset and it won't ever matter again.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

People saying CG shouldn't waste time on a easily fixable bug that hasn't directly impacted them but has and will continue to negatively impact others is one of those glaringly obvious displays of the oh so prevalent, "screw you, I got mine." mentality. It takes no time to deduce that this is an oversight that needs resolved and people still fight against it because it hasn't directly affected them.

Has a lot to do with hyperbolic word choices you used rather than the bug itself.

I mean, every guild that still has it on a fixed timer is getting behavior that isn't working as intended and it's significantly worse for them.

Every time it happens and they don't update the launch setting to "immediately" risks another 4 days of tickets in what should be a 3 day raid cycle. We've only been discussing problems with "immediately" being concerned where it is still an issue, but guilds with less active or less knowledgeable officers that don't catch it can be screwed every time it happens. And delayed launches have happened 3 times for my guild, so it's a fairly common thing.

This could be a regular occurrence every 4 days for some guilds where they unknowingly suffer because it doesn't work as intended.

So to sump up, with that regular occurence, when will it happen to your guild again in your calculation?

I'm not here to be a voice for my guild. I'm here to be a voice for all guilds that might be losing out on rewards due to this flaw. It is broken and clearly needs fixed. This is up to a 33% loss in rewards for guilds that don't catch this or know about it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I'm not here to be a voice for my guild. I'm here to be a voice for all guilds that might be losing out on rewards due to this flaw. It is broken and clearly needs fixed. This is up to a 33% loss in rewards for guilds that don't catch this or know about it.

It is a %33 loss in rewards in what frequency?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Why on earth would anyone have it on a fixed timer?....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    This feels like a random edge case affecting you specifically. First of all, rewards timing doesn't really matter anymore. You have a steady income of tokens, use them as needed or save some up for "event locks."

Second of all, this timing issue doesn't actually change the amount of raids you do in a week, so I fail to see how it's an issue at all.

Considering someone else also posted a thread about raids not auto launching, I can guarantee it's not just affecting me specifically. And just because you fail to see how this is an issue, it doesn't mean it isn't one. If this has impacted one guild it can, and will, impact others. I'm trying to help before it becomes a similar problem for other guilds. How about you willingly delay your raids and waste tickets? No? Then it's a problem.

Explain it then. How does a 6 minute delay actually affect anything? Let's say it launches "on time" and you don't "waste tickets". Do you get to run an extra raid this month as a result? Or does your raid still launch at the end of this raid regardless?

If I have 135k tickets and the raid doesn't auto launch and I waste 15k tickets, how is that not a problem?

The raid runs for 3 days and costs 90k tickets. Coincidentally, during the 3 days the raid is running, you earn 90k tickets. So, unless you somehow start only gaining, like, 15k tickets, it won't be a problem, because a raid is always on.
    If other guilds get 6 minute delays regularly and also waste tickets, is that not a problem? Those are tickets that would have granted extra wiggle room with participation, maybe it does eventually equate to an extra raid at some point.

Regardless, it's something that SHOULDN'T be happening. It's a design oversight that should be reasonably easy to rectify.

Again, how about you delay your raids by a day and waste tickets? Then keep doing that once for every guild that has the issue. And you'll finally see that a little bit of a problem for lots of people is a problem.

The 6 minute delay is meaningless for any guild that existed when the raid launched, because you will always simply have enough tickets. Whether you "waste" all 30k or 1k or you timed it differently so you launch before reset and never "waste" any. It's simply never going to be an issue for you guild because, except for those 66 minutes every 3 days, you will always have a raid going.

You are incredibly wrong and I'm not sure how I can explain it in a more simple way.

Guild start raid
    Raid timer passes daily reset and guild earns 4 days worth of tickets during a 3 day raid window
    Guild has up to 30k earned tickets that get deleted from existence THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.
    Up to 30k tickets could have been used to start a raid sooner down the line when people eventually miss 600 tickets
    Guild shafted

Let's say you manually start the raid to avoid the 6 minute delay. You drop from 135k tokens to 45k tokens. You do the raid. Raid is over again. Now you're at 135k tokens. You start the raid. You're at 45k tokens. For infinity.

Let's say you miss it, and it starts "late." You hit 150k tokens. Raid starts, you're at 60k tokens. 3 days later, raid is over. Now you're at 150k tokens. You start the raid. You're at 60k tokens.

Now, obviously I can see that you have a different amount of tokens at the start and end here. But so what? In both scenarios you will immediately start the raid in perpetuity. Therefore, there is no issue here, and at best this is a minor "flaw" in however CG has this process setup.

150 - 90 = 60
    60 + 81 = 141
    141 - 90 = 51
    51 + 81 = 132

Have you tried getting 30k tickets every day? Solves your problem pretty quickly.

Sure, they should just get rid of the hour finalizing. Don't need that anymore. Though there may still be a few minutes delay after, so OP would still complain.

But the 30k/day is rich coming from someone who has a lower days in guild and still manages a worse ticket average. Yikes.

ul6ka8ycmdyy.png
    cj4g1ouw5sq5.png

I don't know what's worse, you thinking someone that averages 598.8/600 tickets a day over the course of 21 or so months is bad, or the fact that you took the time to creep the guy by looking it up...
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Guild start raid
    Guild shafted

150 - 90 = 60
    60 + 81 = 141
    141 - 90 = 51
    51 + 81 = 132

ul6ka8ycmdyy.png
    cj4g1ouw5sq5.png

I don't know what's worse, you thinking someone that averages 598.8/600 tickets a day over the course of 21 or so months is bad, or the fact that you took the time to creep the guy by looking it up...

Actually pretty sure OP is the 598 and I'm the 592. He also took a stab at length of time in guild, which was weird.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Guild start raid
    Guild shafted

150 - 90 = 60
    60 + 81 = 141
    141 - 90 = 51
    51 + 81 = 132

ul6ka8ycmdyy.png
    cj4g1ouw5sq5.png

Actually pretty sure OP is the 598 and I'm the 592. He also took a stab at length of time in guild, which was weird.

I stand corrected.... :)
  • herd_nerfer
    1822 posts Member

His guild can launch an extra raid every 37.5 years thanks to his superior contribution their raid ticket pool lol
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    edited May 2023

If your guild isn’t earning 30k tickets per day (and I do agree with you on this), then you can’t run the raid every three days, or every three days and four minutes.

Earning 27k tickets/day: 81k tickets/3 days, net loss 9k tickets per run. Means that on the 8th run would require an extra day of ticket acquisition. (starting from max tickets). Every third run after that.

Meanwhile, at an extra four minutes per run, it would take 360 cycles to move the start 24 hours.

You’re much more likely to have to take the extra day rather than “lose” the day, especially if you are launching immediately. But if you need the raid launched at a specific time for time zone reasons, that’s different and I agree it should be fixed.

Edit: corrected the tickets earned math
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    nfidel2k wrote: »

If your guild isn’t earning 30k tickets per day (and I do agree with you on this), then you can’t run the raid every three days, or every three days and four minutes.

Earning 27k tickets/day: 81k tickets/3 days, net loss 9k tickets per run. Means that on the 8th run would require an extra day of ticket acquisition. (starting from max tickets). Every third run after that.

Meanwhile, at an extra four minutes per run, it would take 360 cycles to move the start 24 hours.

You’re much more likely to have to take the extra day rather than “lose” the day, especially if you are launching immediately. But if you need the raid launched at a specific time for time zone reasons, that’s different and I agree it should be fixed.

I'm not saying any bug shouldn't be fixed or looked at, but there really are no "time zone reasons" associated with the new raid... Unless OP's guild is handing out prizes for who hits the raid first etc it's a moot point.... It lasts 3 days regardless..
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member

I'm not saying any bug shouldn't be fixed or looked at, but there really are no "time zone reasons" associated with the new raid... Unless OP's guild is handing out prizes for who hits the raid first etc it's a moot point.... It lasts 3 days regardless..

True, it was just the only reason I could come up with for why it had to be at a specific time
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • nfidel2k wrote: »

Earning 27k tickets/day: 81k tickets/3 days, net loss 9k tickets per run. Means that every 8th run would require an extra day of ticket acquisition.

33% is the absolute worst case for a guild where they are unaware, don't change from a fixed time start, and the raid finalizes late every time so they end up running it every 4 days instead of every 3. This is a massive potential loss and the underlying issues need addressed, regardless of whether most other guilds are affected or not. That's a potentially permanent 33% loss.

Those who switched to immediate may lose tickets. And while it's less of an issue, it's still an issue.

Anyone arguing against resolving this is just wrong.
  • Why this is a nothing bug even at a 10 minute delay per raid. So first at 10 minutes per raid, you need to launch 144 raids before you “lose a day of tickets.” However, if your guild didn’t average 29930 tickets or more for 436 days you’d have lost a day raiding due to not having tickets and the 144 raids restarts because you shift to launching raid back to right after guild reset. Of course the smaller the delay is consistently the closer to perfect you have to be on tickets.

Now, if you do manage to make it a full 444 days where your guild averages more than 29930 tickets, you are only “losing tickets” if your guild averaged more than 29965 because if your guild was between 29930 and 29965 you can handle getting a 4 days of tickets in a 3 day window.

But what of roster locks you say? Tw and gac are on 28 day cycles while the raid is on a three day cycle. It’ll take 84 days to complete the pattern of locks. So, there is no sense in trying to “time a raid ending for right before a lock.

That all said, if it’s an easy fix to make it exactly 72 hours by all means.

• Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Why this is a nothing bug even at a 10 minute delay per raid. So first at 10 minutes per raid, you need to launch 144 raids before you “lose a day of tickets.” However, if your guild didn’t average 29930 tickets or more for 436 days you’d have lost a day raiding due to not having tickets and the 144 raids restarts because you shift to launching raid back to right after guild reset. Of course the smaller the delay is consistently the closer to perfect you have to be on tickets.

Now, if you do manage to make it a full 444 days where your guild averages more than 29930 tickets, you are only “losing tickets” if your guild averaged more than 29965 because if your guild was between 29930 and 29965 you can handle getting a 4 days of tickets in a 3 day window.

But what of roster locks you say? Tw and gac are on 28 day cycles while the raid is on a three day cycle. It’ll take 84 days to complete the pattern of locks. So, there is no sense in trying to “time a raid ending for right before a lock.

See 33% loss from guilds on fixed timers starting a raid, getting tickets, getting tickets, getting tickets, finalizing late and not starting again, and getting tickets again, repeating the process every 4 days.
    Why this is a nothing bug even at a 10 minute delay per raid. So first at 10 minutes per raid, you need to launch 144 raids before you “lose a day of tickets.” However, if your guild didn’t average 29930 tickets or more for 436 days you’d have lost a day raiding due to not having tickets and the 144 raids restarts because you shift to launching raid back to right after guild reset. Of course the smaller the delay is consistently the closer to perfect you have to be on tickets.

See 33% loss from guilds on fixed timers starting a raid, getting tickets, getting tickets, getting tickets, finalizing late and not starting again, and getting tickets again, repeating the process every 4 days.

Sure I can hit myself in the head over and over again, but it’s not someones elses fault for it hurting. Why have a fixed timer?
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

Sure I can hit myself in the head over and over again, but it’s not someones elses fault for it hurting. Why have a fixed timer?

Why should one of the plethora of options available to guilds result in up to a 33% loss in rewards for no discernible reason?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member

Earning 27k tickets/day: 81k tickets/3 days, net loss 9k tickets per run. Means that every 8th run would require an extra day of ticket acquisition.

33% is the absolute worst case for a guild where they are unaware, don't change from a fixed time start, and the raid finalizes late every time so they end up running it every 4 days instead of every 3. This is a massive potential loss and the underlying issues need addressed, regardless of whether most other guilds are affected or not. That's a potentially permanent 33% loss.

Those who switched to immediate may lose tickets. And while it's less of an issue, it's still an issue.

I wasn’t arguing against resolving it. It’s a problem that affects guilds earning more than 22500 tickets/day and are stuck on fixed launch raiding instead of immediate.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

So everyone in your guild gets 600 tickets (or 598.8 tickets) a day, but somehow none of you notice that the raid didn't launch and you lose an entire day?
  • iMalevolence
    317 posts Member
    edited May 2023

I wasn’t arguing against resolving it. It’s a problem that affects guilds earning more than 22500 tickets/day and are stuck on fixed launch raiding instead of immediate.

Yeah, I know you weren't. I was just pointing out where I got my worse case. I'm also just absolutely disgusted with the other people who are because this is very clearly a problem that should be addressed.

So everyone in your guild gets 600 tickets (or 598.8 tickets) a day, but somehow none of you notice that the raid didn't launch and you lose an entire day?

We noticed within 30 minutes and it cost us tickets.

Why should one of the plethora of options available to guilds result in up to a 33% loss in rewards for no discernible reason?

Legacy spaghetti code. Why are you so fixated on launching at the exact same time when it doesn’t matter? I’m not opposed to fixing the issue at all but I just don’t understand why it’s such a big issue. Especially with what I explained above.

If there is a guild suffering a 33% loss in rewards, there is a discernible reason. A complete failure from the leadership team.

• herd_nerfer
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2023

Yeah, I know you weren't. I was just pointing out where I got my worse case. I'm also just absolutely disgusted with the other people who are because this is very clearly a problem that should be addressed.

Is it really a MAJOR FLAW though? If you rename the thread to say "minor hiccup" instead of "MAJOR FLAW" maybe people might be more inclined to agree with you.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.

Legacy spaghetti code. Why are you so fixated on launching at the exact same time when it doesn’t matter? I’m not opposed to fixing the issue at all but I just don’t understand why it’s such a big issue. Especially with what I explained above.

We have already changed ours, but other guilds may not be as keen to have spotted the problem. And regardless, at some point, a lot of guilds on immediate will lose tickets. The underlying issue still remains that the duration in days (rounded up) of a raid should never exceed the tickets earned during that duration. The current implementation fails that check.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    No amount of argument here is going to make a difference in the game, just fix your end of it and problem solved.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

We noticed within 30 minutes and it cost us tickets.

Haveyour officers set the launch to immeditaley and you won't have that problem.....

• Yeah, I know you weren't. I was just pointing out where I got my worse case. I'm also just absolutely disgusted with the other people who are because this is very clearly a problem that should be addressed.

Is it really a MAJOR FLAW though? If you rename the thread to say "minor hiccup" instead of "MAJOR FLAW" maybe people might be more inclined to agree with you.

A potential 33% loss in rewards is a MAJOR flaw.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

It would be if there was no way to avoid it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

The most MAJOR FLAW here is on the part of your officers not setting the raid to launch immediately....
  • iMalevolence
    317 posts Member
    edited May 2023

The most MAJOR FLAW here is on the part of your officers not setting the raid to launch immediately....

I have pointed out what feels like a half dozen times that ours is set to launch immediately. Quit trolling.