Kyber 1

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    So will the K1 squish be addressed as the bug it is for the title rollout tomorrow, @CG_Tusken_Meathead ?

ha
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The stats gurus on the 50 Kam server have calculated that the skill squish will remove all players from Kyber 1 around October if no adjustments are made. This was all explained in great detail on a recent episode of the Holotable News Network podcast.
  • The stats gurus on the 50 Kam server have calculated that the skill squish will remove all players from Kyber 1 around October if no adjustments are made. This was all explained in great detail on a recent episode of the Holotable News Network podcast.

CG should be ready to address the issue by August (year TBD)
  • It’s certainly gonna be smaller again. But it’s definitely not down to 747 players. Someone always takes a screenshot when signups are halfway done.

Think we should be down to the 1700-1800s range this month. Down into the 1300s once the first match puts the squish into effect
    bump :(

p5qq8w8ic5w0.png

• Ahh... will ask him again in a few hours, then
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I wonder even when they address it how/if they will tackle with the already squezzed size. After all they had published the % of players that is supposed to be in league.
  • Looks like it’s 1868 to start the season, only about 100 down from the start of the last season. That’ll drop after the first match completes and the impact of the squish is pushed through, but K1 will grow over the course of the season to something in the 1700 range for next season. It does look like how fast K1 is shrinking is tapering off.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    It's way less than 1868. I can see rank 1146 has 3600 points. Like me squished to 3598 the game shows me in K1 , but I'm matched in a group that is actually in K2. The true numbers update after round one. The raw numbers are one thing , but the fact that you can be top 300 and if you lose two matches you get relegated is the bigger Issue imo.
  • Dawnsinger wrote: »
    Looks like it’s 1868 to start the season, only about 100 down from the start of the last season. That’ll drop after the first match completes and the impact of the squish is pushed through, but K1 will grow over the course of the season to something in the 1700 range for next season. It does look like how fast K1 is shrinking is tapering off.

Where are you getting 1868? And how does K1 grow over the course of the season?
  • It’s the game data that CG gives swgoh.gg

It includes people that squished out of K1 point range, but are still in K1 currently because that’s now the beginning of the season works. It’ll be less in a day. After that it increases every round because that’s how this system works. It constantly is moving players from the SR rankings with a denser population to SR rankings with less players. So in Kyber bottom of S3 is densest and every round players move away from that peak down into K4/5 and up into K1/2
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    Looks like it’s 1868 to start the season, only about 100 down from the start of the last season. That’ll drop after the first match completes and the impact of the squish is pushed through, but K1 will grow over the course of the season to something in the 1700 range for next season. It does look like how fast K1 is shrinking is tapering off.

Where are you getting 1868? And how does K1 grow over the course of the season?

• Correct. And tomorrow after the first round ends and the squish actually changes divisions, people there will be something like 1250 players in K1. It’ll increase slightly each round till the season ends and the squish shrinks it again.
    wildnz wrote: »
    It's way less than 1868. I can see rank 1146 has 3600 points. Like me squished to 3598 the game shows me in K1 , but I'm matched in a group that is actually in K2. The true numbers update after round one. The raw numbers are one thing , but the fact that you can be top 300 and if you lose two matches you get relegated is the bigger Issue imo.

• Re: number of K1 players. I don't understand how your data is better than looking at the leaderboard ranking of someone with 3610 SR. You even said yourself that it includes people still inK1 that have been squished out of the SR range.

I generally agree with your statement about "how the system works". I hadn't thought of it that way before.

Nevertheless, K1 is being shrunk faster by CG than the distribution/system is re-inflating it. And I think it would be nice if CG addressed (or at least acknowledged) the issue.
  • Dawnsinger
    146 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    I like using the actual number of players with the Kyber rank at season start for a couple reasons. First we get official numbers that don’t change based on when someone took a screenshot so they’re a bit more reliable as a comparison point. Second we get them every single season in a nice graphic on swgoh.gg server, so it’s the best way to see season to season how quick K1 is shrinking.

And while I agree it’s good to continue to ask CG exactly what they’re doing, it is worth pointing out K1 is shrinking slower than it used to, if for no other reason than to acknowledge that even if it’s not emptying as fast as some folks predicted 4 months ago, it’s still dwindling.
    Re: number of K1 players. I don't understand how your data is better than looking at the leaderboard ranking of someone with 3610 SR. You even said yourself that it includes people still inK1 that have been squished out of the SR range.

I generally agree with your statement about "how the system works". I hadn't thought of it that way before.

Nevertheless, K1 is being shrunk faster by CG than the distribution/system is re-inflating it. And I think it would be nice if CG addressed (or at least acknowledged) the issue.