Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Zaph0dd wrote: »
    Lack of communication, useless....

Who communicates when something isn't there?.... lol

If people were getting into the habit of checking the Web Store each day for freebies, then perhaps they'd like some comms about why that's stopped?
    Don't get me wrong as it's a bit early to conclude that daily free stuff has stopped, or this is a blip, but the point about the lack of comms isn't unreasonable, IMO.

Sure... People that like freebies for doing nothing deserve to be notified when their freebies are cut off....
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that CG honestly realized that the minimal amount of money they were bringing in from the webstore wasn't enough to cover the cost of operating it, so they can't justify the free stuff they were giving away anymore so they are quietly abandoning it.

It's still there... and we picked up a pretty decent monthly calendar from it today :)

People were already getting the free calendars, plus a daily Web Store perk. Which was hardly extravagant.

But you already know that.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I'm guessing that CG honestly realized that the minimal amount of money they were bringing in from the webstore wasn't enough to cover the cost of operating it, so they can't justify the free stuff they were giving away anymore so they are quietly abandoning it.

It's still there... and we picked up a pretty decent monthly calendar from it today :)

People were already getting the free calendars, plus a daily Web Store perk. Which was hardly extravagant.

OK,,,,, Not sure what that has to do with anything, but ok....
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member

If people were getting into the habit of checking the Web Store each day for freebies, then perhaps they'd like some comms about why that's stopped?
    Don't get me wrong as it's a bit early to conclude that daily free stuff has stopped, or this is a blip, but the point about the lack of comms isn't unreasonable, IMO.

Sure... People that like freebies for doing nothing deserve to be notified when their freebies are cut off....

It's something that CG put in place. I'd have thought the onus is on CG to explain why/ if that's no longer the case.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member

Good grief.

Yes, there was a free calendar today. Free calendars have been a thing for a quite a while. So how or why does that compensate the apparent (or possible) cessation of the daily WS freebie?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

It's something that CG put in place. I'd have thought the onus is on CG to explain why/ if that's no longer the case.

To be fair, we don't know if this is an error or not, you and I are agreed on that....

IF the free stuff is gone (aside from the calendar that is still there and people should pick up if they haven't),.. It's because players didn't sufficiently engage with the store to buy stuff.....

Players get outraged when they don't get access to the same deals others have... Players get upset when their freebies get cut off, but most of those players never actually never buy anything and, as freeloaders, have no right to complain about anything....

Hell, being FTP around here is like being vegan... gotta tell everybody whether they asked or not and toss your 2 cents in the ring....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Picture CG as being an ice cream shop..... Come in and get a free sample ... Sample is a small spoon like Baskin Robbins....

95% will whine that they don't get free samples anymore if they get cut off.....
    99% of those whiners never actually bought anything from the store and only went there daily for free samples..

!00% of those that complain on the forums pretty much never buy anything, but like to pretend they do.... or maybe would....

Maybe CG will start to charge for posting on this site…since you are currently free to post. Then maybe you can then pay to post…wonder if that will free up your time.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Picture CG as being an ice cream shop..... Come in and get a free sample ... Sample is a small spoon like Baskin Robbins....

95% will whine that they don't get free samples anymore if they get cut off.....
    99% of those whiners never actually bought anything from the store and only went there daily for free samples..

!00% of those that complain on the forums pretty much never buy anything, but like to pretend they do.... or maybe would....

Maybe CG will start to charge for posting on this site…since you are currently free to post. Then maybe you can then pay to post…wonder if that will free up your time.

Why would that free up MY time?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    *chuckles*

I'm in danger
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Good grief.

Yes, there was a free calendar today. Free calendars have been a thing for a quite a while. So how or why does that compensate the apparent (or possible) cessation of the daily WS freebie?

Extra free calendars from the web store havent....

That's exactly my point though, why should anyone feel they should be compensated for the lack of a "freebie"?

What is the logic behind that?.... "I paid nothing to get it, I did nothing to get it, but you gave it to me anyways and now I am outraged I'm not getting it anymore"...?
  • I'm not upset about the lack of freebies. Would be nice to know if it's an error or just gone now. If an error they will be back shortly. If If they're gone for the time being or permanently, was nice while it lasted
  • It’s not that big a deal, But, yeesh. Most people do not like getting something daily and having it disappear without explanation. The webstore may no longer warrant the freebies. But, an announcement that they were discontinuing it at the end of May would be better than everyone pulling up the store on 6/1 to be disappointed.

I don't understand why you feel the need to always disagree with others on every forum post.I like the free items of the webstore.Who doesn't?It's really fine if they don't want to give it from now on.I would like to know it though cause every time I log in there I have to restart the game client.So if I have to do that for no reason is super annoying.
  • They can have their free store items, but, can I get my free simmed raid loot back? This new system is horrible.
  • What do the developers write about the lack of a daily chest?
    @Ultra
  • Goshi
    1 posts Member
    Same here:/
  • Profit
    281 posts Member

Good grief.

That's exactly my point though, why should anyone feel they should be compensated for the lack of a "freebie"?

What is the logic behind that?.... "I paid nothing to get it, I did nothing to get it, but you gave it to me anyways and now I am outraged I'm not getting it anymore"...?

The extra calender was in game before, it was moved to the webstore, not added there as a bonus.

In the ice cream example; if the store stopped giving out free samples, the adequate communication is to take down the sign with that offer. Here, the adequate response is to post on the forums that it stops. That said, I agree that it is not unlikely that is it is just a mistake on their part.
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    With this logic they should stop giving us free energy from objectives, stop free shipments refreshes every 6 hours, stop free daily refreshes of hard nodes, stop giving us free calendars and remove 10 free bro packs from game.
  • no free chest, no party!
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead @CG_SBCrumb
    Do you mind giving us an official answer?
    CG stopped doing it or it is simply an error and it was forgotten to renew in June?

• Profit wrote: »

In the ice cream example; if the store stopped giving out free samples, the adequate communication is to take down the sign with that offer. Here, the adequate response is to post on the forums that it stops. That said, I agree that it is not unlikely that is it is just a mistake on their part.

Don't agree with this analogy as the "Free Stuff In Web Store" sign ( ie the free sample ice cream sign) has not been taken down as it never existed in the first place
    And i don't see why so many people are annoyed that some thing that was free is no longer available , it may be in the future but it's not right now, live with it
  • CG made a business decision to post multiple times that free incentives were available on the web store without a statement that they were only available there for a limited time. While the small incentives were nice, the request is for proper communication.

To continue the analogy: If Baskin Robbins stopped offering free samples, they would post that free samples have been discontinued or at minimum, they would take down the sign saying free samples are available.

Good grief.

I 100% agree with you on this one (especially the F2P badge of honor thing around here).

My current employer offers free coffee. I think it's great and I realize it's a perk they could stop at any point. I wouldn't be angry if they stopped but I would be bummed for a few days if they didn't tell me they were stopping and I was showing up to work with no coffee. I certainly wouldn't be outraged because i realize they don't owe me coffee and it was never told to me that free coffee is a forever thing or that coffee is part of my compensation.
  • Profit
    281 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Profit wrote: »

Don't agree with this analogy as the "Free Stuff In Web Store" sign ( ie the free sample ice cream sign) has not been taken down as it never existed in the first place
    And i don't see why so many people are annoyed that some thing that was free is no longer available , it may be in the future but it's not right now, live with it

Not sure what you are trying to say here really. Are you claiming that you were never informed that going into the webstore would award you a daily crate?

You always inform about a start and a stop of offers. If you inform by hanging a sign, you take the sign down when the offer stops, if you inform the start by a start message, you inform about the end point with a message (or specify the time at the beginning).

Edit: in game current chase is a god example, it is clearly announced how long the bonus drops are offered. I don't think you will see many upset posts here that the dagger drops are gone past that window.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Good grief.

I 100% agree with you on this one (especially the F2P badge of honor thing around here).

My current employer offers free coffee. I think it's great and I realize it's a perk they could stop at any point. I wouldn't be angry if they stopped but I would be bummed for a few days if they didn't tell me they were stopping and I was showing up to work with no coffee. I certainly wouldn't be outraged because i realize they don't owe me coffee and it was never told to me that free coffee is a forever thing or that coffee is part of my compensation.

It is what it is... I enjoyed the little free chests every morning and even bought a few odds and ends from the store (including some crystals to supplement my stash for the chase)... I hope they re-introduce them but, if they don't, it was fun while it lasted...

To further your free coffee analogy, because I love coffee, if they do put the freebies back I can guarantee you that the next round of threads will be "where is our compensation for the 5 days of missing chests?"... Will be like you demanding compensation from your workplace for the Starbucks you had to buy because the coffee machine broke for 5 days :)
  • Darth754
    24 posts Member
    EA/CG is still saying come get your daily gift from the webstore. It's a banner on the main news page.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/news

mvnp64lb2utx.png
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Darth754 wrote: »
    EA/CG is still saying come get your daily gift from the webstore. It's a banner on the main news page.

mvnp64lb2utx.png

Was just about to post the exact same thing... Hopefully that means it's just a temporary oversight...
  • Profit
    281 posts Member
    Darth754 wrote: »

mvnp64lb2utx.png

Was just about to post the exact same thing... Hopefully that means it's just a temporary oversight...

I think its residue from their fix last month :p