Level 60 Rank #1 Daily Videos - A Day in the Life GCW & Misc Play

Ailan
43 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hey all, I'm recording video logs of some daily play. Typically in the mornings when I complete GCW and some other misc tasks. I figured I'd share, it will include some tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afImo8XDOiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxi2mfJE3GE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpj3tfL8QnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwcg2XZ0LEY
Post edited by Ailan on

Replies

• They flagged your video for copyright infringement.
  • Ailan
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Lmao. Ok I'm fixing it. Completely forgot about the music. Thats really fair use IMO, oh well. It should be fixed now.
  • Dang I really want to watch this!
  • Sorry guys, its not removing the songs. Tomorrow I will record without the music. Newb mistake.
  • Hey no problem. Thanks for taking the time to share your videos! Keep them coming!
  • Thanks WhipIT, do appreciate you commenting and letting me know as well.
  • Vyse
    111 posts Member
    I can't wait to see the video once you fix it
  • Great video. Thanks for sharing. What's the HP and damage of Magnaguard?
  • Just watched the video. I think it will be very expensive and timely working on Kylo like this. I'd farm much easier characters if I were you or get your top team to a solid 7*...
  • All I see is bragging
  • Thanks for the effort. Its a lot more than others are doing. More than im doing for that matter.
    As a viewer, however, i cant watch that. You start the video by having me watch you farm shards... not entertaining. I fast forwarded it because i really wanted to give this a chance. I went to the GW part, but then i couldnt hear you over the music at full volume, and while you were incoherently mumbling the whole time. Finally, the entertainment value could increase if you bothered to get out of bed, and weren't high.

Just some observations from a viewer, take them for what you will. And again, thanks for the effort!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Sds1989 wrote: »
    All I see is bragging

I agree that there was some grandstanding here and all but since the pricing is an elitist thing where few can have it all, why is it now surprising to see others with deeper pockets now patting themselves on the back. It's almost like those Hollywood people who show up to clubs and rant "do you know who I am???" to the lowly hired help...
  • Ailan
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Pilot wrote: »
    Thanks for the effort. Its a lot more than others are doing. More than im doing for that matter.
    As a viewer, however, i cant watch that. You start the video by having me watch you farm shards... not entertaining. I fast forwarded it because i really wanted to give this a chance. I went to the GW part, but then i couldnt hear you over the music at full volume, and while you were incoherently mumbling the whole time. Finally, the entertainment value could increase if you bothered to get out of bed, and weren't high.

Just some observations from a viewer, take them for what you will. And again, thanks for the effort!

Actually did another video before reading these comments. Removed the music. Had a cup of coffee and was more awake. Yesterday was kind of a trial and I watched the video and had the same thoughts. Started at GCW this time. And I wasn't high, I've been getting over a cold though so maybe I should have just waited. Either way hope you'll give it another chance as I try to improve the quality. I do appreciate the comments and criticisms. Also There is absolutely no bragging in this video, thats not my personality and I don't think I'm proud of spending money. I concede to players who've spent nothing and do well, its very possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxi2mfJE3GE&feature=youtu.be

I feel like its better than it was yesterday. Like I said, I'll try to improve the quality.
    Just watched the video. I think it will be very expensive and timely working on Kylo like this. I'd farm much easier characters if I were you or get your top team to a solid 7*...

I have him unlocked already 4*, so this isn't too bad a grind.

xJazzx wrote: »
    Great video. Thanks for sharing. What's the HP and damage of Magnaguard?

Thank you! Hopefully quality will be improved, still trying to fix the sound so you can hear me well enough. Magnaguard is only 6600 HP and hes only got 829 damage right now. 107 armor 81 resistance. Hes not fully geared though and I'm curious to see where he goes. Right now he is pretty weak IMO.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Much better! Great improvement, and good job. This video i could watch half of it. I hate to be the critic, but i like what your doing with these videos. Here are todays issues (again, this is just my perspective as a viewer, watching for the entertainment value).
    1. With the music removed (big improvement), i can hear you a lot better. However, the sound (the background effects of ships landing or whatever) still prevent me from hearing what you're saying a lot of the time. Go ahead and turn the volume halfway down or more. On my end, i can then adjust the volume to suit me.
    2. Consider breaking the video into segments. They are really long, and the included editing tools from youtube make splitting videos easy. Maybe have a GW video, an Arena video, and a farming stuff video. You would just need to play these areas all at once when you record your master video. If you hope to get revenue from your videos then this could easily convert 1 viewer of 1 video into 3 views of 3 videos. Plus, for me, thw viewer, i dont have to play fastforward/rewind to get to the parts that interest me (which can be hard to do on a small screen phone qhen the video is over an hour (requires too fine of adjustments)).
    3. Do a little research on character names and their correct pronunciation.
    4. Plan out a few core thoughts that you want to speak about (just think about them for a moment or write them down as bullets beforw recording). This would help the viewer follow the random bursts of infoemation that you obviously understand, but the viewer is just trying to follow along.

Really good job today. Massive improvement. Thanks for the video!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Nice video Ailan. I enjoyed the comments on the usefulness of some of the toons (Savage and Eeth). On a side note, I really wish that people would think about whether their posts serve any purpose other than making these forums a toxic, hateful environment. One of the main purposes of the forum is for peope to share their experiences in the game. That is exactly what Ailan is doing and a couple posters are being confrontational. The idea that people who spent money on this game can't post their experiences in the game is absurd. If people don't have anything constructive to say maybe the should keep their thoughts to themselves, so everyone can enjoy the forums.
  • Good video. Keep them coming
  • I really appreciate the comments and criticisms. Hopefully my videos improve daily. Just finished uploading day three.