Tired of spending money like I'm eating gold and sitting nuggets

Spent tons. Want to compete and eat too. Way to get crystals and shards without losing wallet. It can't be the richest wins ...right

Replies

• the richest wins ...right

Welcome to Earth.

• xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    How much did u spend and what did u get?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    This is the most fair game for FTP. I don't see any real advantage though I suspect the meta shift upcoming might change that.

Knowledge and good planning are rewarded mistakes are expensive or time consuming to fix.

What does your team look like and maybe we can help.
  • Welcome to the forum. :)
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    Worst thing that you don't get what you paid for. You pay for a chance to get something (most of the time you don't even need it) instead of what you want. Wish i knew it from begin.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    You paid for time to get a head. If you end up being an addict, it would be an irony.

Welcome to Farmvile SW
  • Greg, I understand that's the way life works. When I play a game, I don't want to to get whooped continuously by money. That'll cause me to not want to play at all.
  • Sorry Greg, that was bluerock that said welcome to earth
  • Ventris leader 7 , Talia 7, night sister 5, G Soldier 6, Jedi counselor 6 ( 3 shards from 7) all gear level 8
    . Was using Vader and Rey, but stuck on low levels. I have 3 healers on level 6. I use counselor, because he was easiest to get to 7
  • Why would ea reward you for not spending money? Welcome to earth. Spend in order to get ahead in life. I long for the day money spenderight are #1 and freeloaders are #0
  • dookiebot u have nerve calling me a free loader. U don't spend to get ahead in life. U EARN to get ahead in life. Big difference. I've spent money on this game. I'm asking for advice not your insults. I've been here on earth quite awhile, because I'm old. I'm looking for ways to get additional crystals and to be able to keep up. Not asking East for money. Asking for advice from gamers that have played on this type of format before. If that gamer is u, your advice is welcome
  • What smart buying does is allow you to 8-11 energy refills a day. That ultimately is best money you can spend. 8-11 refills helps you gear up faster. Better gear = more win. More win = more free crystals. More free crystals = better gear.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • What do u mean by 8-11 energy refills
  • HBu3No
    37 posts Member
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    What smart buying does is allow you to 8-11 energy refills a day. That ultimately is best money you can spend. 8-11 refills helps you gear up faster. Better gear = more win. More win = more free crystals. More free crystals = better gear.

So you're saying you are spending money and your time everyday to get free crystals...
  • What do u mean by 8-11 energy refills

If you are gonna spend money. Don't spend it on card packs. Spend it on energy refills. 8 refills of energy is 1k crystals. The more energy you have the more high end mats you can get per day. The more high end mats you have the fast you can gear up toons. Stronger faster toons helps you win in arena, and the more free crystals you get.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

• Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    What do u mean by 8-11 energy refills

If you are gonna spend money. Don't spend it on card packs. Spend it on energy refills. 8 refills of energy is 1k crystals. The more energy you have the more high end mats you can get per day. The more high end mats you have the fast you can gear up toons. Stronger faster toons helps you win in arena, and the more free crystals you get.

Ty
  • Tenchi1969
    340 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    My major problem with buying packs is. The pack only toons atm are not that special. Also even if you get this awesome toon you still have to keep buying packs just to raise him 6-7 stars to be playable. When I first started playing on my second day I spent the crystals i had and bought one card. I got a Kit Fisto 2*. He was great leveling up til I got in the 50s. For him to be playable i would have to spend 100s of dollars, and in reality in game meta he isn't that great.

• Greg, you made a mistake with Assaj and Talia. They will help you in missions or GW but they ultimately suucks

Money can buy water but you have to not just drink it, but also tell vinegar from water
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    My major problem with buying packs is. The pack only toons atm are not that special. Also even if you get this awesome toon you still have to keep buying packs just to raise him 6-7 stars to be playable. When I first started playing on my second day I spent the crystals i had and bought one card. I got a Kit Fisto 2*. He was great leveling up til I got in the 50s. For him to be playable i would have to spend 100s of dollars, and in reality in game meta he isn't that great.

exactly, and even you drop few hundred it only get your few 4-5* exclusive toons. Soon you realized those 4-5* toons are useless unless you get it to 7*.

Welcome to reality.

• I would be more willing if when you unlock the toons in the pack a node in cantina opens up and you can then farm it. The two new toons Rex and Tusken Shaman have ****, and look to be a waste of money. Maybe in the future, those character will be better.

Energy refills are the biggest advantage you can find when the level cap has been raised. It's not just the extra xp which is okay(8-11 refills will net you 3600 to 7200 over 10 days over a 5 refill person) it's the 7-15 mats you will get extra per day which will help you get more toons gear levels up. Even the deepest pocket people will be hard pressed to go beyond 14 refills. So no matter what you do it's gonna take everyone 20-25 days to hit cap. So while leveling, and the first few weeks afterwards the p2w people will have the arena advantage. Then after that f2p and the people who spend a little here and there will catch up.

• I'm going to save training druids now. I have more than a dozen capped toons now. I'm just working on gear
  • 23 capped
  • Myzyri
    66 posts Member
    If you think that you'll be better in this game by spending you're sorely mistake. This game has as many f2p leaders on the arena board as p2p. If you want a competitive advantage from spending I'd suggest another game.
  • Don't know what f2p p2p are and my point is I don't want to spend money. Some of these other people have given great advice.
  • Don't know what f2p p2p are and my point is I don't want to spend money. Some of these other people have given great advice.

f2p = free to play, ie they don't spend money
    p2p = pay to play, ie spend money

The point of my statement is that free players who spend no money compete just as well as those that spend money. If you don't want to spend don't, if you do want to spend do. In the end it really plays little impact on your arena standing against other players.
  • Buy the daily refresher packs that last 21 days. great value. It's about the only thing I spend money on. spend crystals on 2-4 energy refresh(currently working on shards for rey,rg), 1-2 cantina on GS, he's almost 7*, dunno what to do after that. I take 1-5 in arena, great for crystals. Sticking to my crystal budget is tough. Hope this helps
  • Well until I get 80, Ill be doing 1 cantina, and 5 regular. Hopefully I can finish top 2-3 everyday.