AI vs player proc rates

This is beyond a joke now. Enemy Dooku uses lightning, every single time 2 of my team get stunned. Enemy Phasma leader, every turn the enemy takes gets a bonus attack. Every Sidious attack sticks the heal debuff on. Enemy Daka will consistently stun 2 of my team.

How come when I am fighting an enemy arena team and I have 2k more power and a more or less identical setup, my Phasma never procs a bonus attack, Sidious heal debuff gets resisted 9 times out of 10, Dooku might as well be using a bug zapper for all the use his lightning is, and if I ever use a Daka I've never seen her stun. I'm on the verge of not bothering. All the work I'm putting into my team and it doesn't seem worth my effort. The entire enemy team gets a turn before me even if they are slower teams, and after all their procs have gone off I'm a sitting duck.

Replies

• Hey, this was the exact same problem in HODA. It got to the point that ppl only looked for sure wins. It's hard to look for a sure win since everyone around you are similar in power. I've started to look at crit chance and assist teams rather than high powered teams. If you have the right team you could wipe out an opponent before they even get a turn.
  • This is beyond a joke now. Enemy Dooku uses lightning, every single time 2 of my team get stunned. Enemy Phasma leader, every turn the enemy takes gets a bonus attack. Every Sidious attack sticks the heal debuff on. Enemy Daka will consistently stun 2 of my team.

How come when I am fighting an enemy arena team and I have 2k more power and a more or less identical setup, my Phasma never procs a bonus attack, Sidious heal debuff gets resisted 9 times out of 10, Dooku might as well be using a bug zapper for all the use his lightning is, and if I ever use a Daka I've never seen her stun. I'm on the verge of not bothering. All the work I'm putting into my team and it doesn't seem worth my effort. The entire enemy team gets a turn before me even if they are slower teams, and after all their procs have gone off I'm a sitting duck.

100%
  • True this. Maybe they decided to just boost AI proc rates instead of doing the hard work of actually fixing the AI.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's been like this since before Global Launch. During soft launch they altered the AI which obviously was just an increase chance to trigger special abilities and increased the +hit chance.

To help your frustrations this also works in your favor when the AI plays your toons which helps you hold your rank. Take advantage of this by building a proc team like Phasma and Dooku which is what people are learning to do. It doesn't seem powerful when we play it but when AI plays it, it all comes together.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    It's been like this since before Global Launch. During soft launch they altered the AI which obviously was just an increase chance to trigger special abilities and increased the +hit chance.

To help your frustrations this also works in your favor when the AI plays your toons which helps you hold your rank. Take advantage of this by building a proc team like Phasma and Dooku which is what people are learning to do. It doesn't seem powerful when we play it but when AI plays it, it all comes together.

Exactly. Still stupid to Build a Team ea forces me to Play when i Want to Stay competitive
  • I haven't play to that level if finegrained pre understanding of how exactly what the turn meter will do or exactly if a double-stun was too much.

But I am ok with giving the defending party a proc advantage, even if significant.

What good is taking a place easily, to be replaced just as easy and fast? Arena should be renamed to Blitz Lader...

If I want to beat a team, I prefer to have it much harder. But if I beat it, I prefer to maybe last an hour and the challenge of dethroning harder. This would also allow those achieving hard to dethrone with special team builds (like heavy Droid teams) some minimal ROI, as these teams suck at defense.
  • I noticed it for a while as well. Sometimes I get frustrated and yell cheater at my tablet. However one time it was reversed and all my abilities hit and none of theres did and it wasn't fun I crushed them so easy fight was done in under a minute.
  • Just done another battle against a Phasma led team, with my own Phasma led team. Apart from the enemy having a Maul to my JC, the rest of out team were the same, Dooku, Lumi and Sid. I had 1500 more power. Enemy Dooku went first, stunned my Dooku and Sid. Sid procced bonus attack, attacked my Dooku. Healing debuff stuck. Enemy Sid went next, as he should seeing as mine was stunned, AoE left my Dooku almost dead. Bonus attack procced enemy Dooku, who attack Lumi twice, ability blocking her. Phasma went next I believe, AoE killed Dooku, rest of team all speed debuffed. Bonus attack again, Sid attacked JC, heal debuff again. My team were pretty much all in the red.

Game over pretty much. The entire enemy team went before mine, and every single attack had a bonus attack proc. Noone can deny the odds are seriously stacked in the AI favour. My Dooku was 1 level higher than the enemy teams max, and he's got every single piece of gear equipped available, so why did the enemy Dooku go 1st?

Really hating the Arena mode atm.
  • I had an extremely similar fight but they kylo when got all the assists and healing immuned me and he had Vader for 5 dots and healing immune my whole team. I actually reported it in the bug forum where I was told it's just random numbers loss.
  • Fighting an AI Leia is hopeless.

Three hits every single time.

It seems to me that the way the devs up the difficulty is by making AI character effects proc far more often than they should.

The resist rate against the healing immunity of my 7* Sid is far far higher than it is against AI controlled Sid, and so on.