List of characters who can reach gear 11 at level 80

Prev1
Reyia
1171 posts Member
Hey all, to help with who you decide to take to level 80 I've compiled a list of who can reach gear 11 at level 80. Credit crunch is real, so it's important to choose who to upgrade wisely.

Without further ado here is the list in no particular order:

Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker
Jedi Knight Anakin
Stormtrooper Han
First Order Stormtrooper
FOTP
QGJ
Lando
RP
RT
IG86
Rex

Replies

• Nice... i have only qgj e ig86 7* of that list.. i ll probably try to get them at gear 11.. qgj will be first one sine he is my leader atm..
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Thx a ton. If you could add how much gear at tier 11 that would rock. Like Qgj gets to 11, but can't add any gear at 11.
  • I really hope they add some of these 50 piece gear to the daily challenges. I currently need something like 350 of the hair dryers to level of a bunch of toons. Its really frustrating.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Luizinho wrote: »
    Nice... i have only qgj e ig86 7* of that list.. i ll probably try to get them at gear 11.. qgj will be first one sine he is my leader atm..

@Luizinho I think QGJ will be the one that most people have due to the speed meta.

I'm going to level him too as his speed buff will apply to everyone in the team. That can give rise to varied teams.

Someone asked what is meta? So I replied:

Meta in a simple way is the current state of the game. It's like the most popular deck in a card game. Before the recent patch it was damage/Poe meta- who won the coin toss wins the game as the first person to move inflicted turn meter down to the other team and exposed the other team for huge crits often resulting in two to three enemies dead in the first turn.

Current meta is speed meta as the patch made speed a very important element. Those with higher speeds could move first so the result was an exponential rise in speed leaders, the most famous is QGJ.

There are two different speed metas: speed+damage and speed+control. Speed+damage includes those OHKO toons such as Rey, FOTP and assist ones such as GS, IG86- hit hard and cause as much burst damage as possible. Speed+control includes those heroes with abilities such as stun (Dooku, Daka), ability blocks (Old Ben), and TM (Turn Meter) control such as Poe/Phasma.

Examples of speed meta team compositions:
    Speed+damage: QGJ (leader), GS, Rey, Yoda, RG
    Speed+control: QGJ (leader), GS, Lumi, Poe, Old Ben

gLTpd1I.png?1
    I would advise to use speed in a safe manner and not too fast too furious. Speed kills.
    icEuG4j.png?1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

Newest meta is the evasion/dodge meta led by Count Dooku.
    TXRH2Uu.png
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    Thx a ton. If you could add how much gear at tier 11 that would rock. Like Qgj gets to 11, but can't add any gear at 11.

@Barrok You can click on the individual names and it will take you to the site which has all the level requirements of the gears.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Mougish wrote: »
    I really hope they add some of these 50 piece gear to the daily challenges. I currently need something like 350 of the hair dryers to level of a bunch of toons. Its really frustrating.

@Mougish Yes I've heard the moving the 50 purple mats to the challenges. It's such a grind to get 50 to make one piece of gear and the drop rate is atrocious at times! It takes days to get one gear and so many characters need them.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Anakin needs some 800 or 900 odd purple gear to reach his max gear at 80. I'm pretty sure the cap will be 90 before I can keep up with that much gear.
    This is assuming datamined info is correct. They could make it worse. Datamined gear doesn't show gold gear from the websites I saw and there will probably be gold gear in the game
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Thanks @Reyia

Just a quick note to one of your replies though. QGJ doesn't apply speed to everyone until the level cap goes to 90.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    Thanks @Reyia

Just a quick note to one of your replies though. QGJ doesn't apply speed to everyone until the level cap goes to 90.

@Telaan

Thanks for pointing out. I just had a look at the site just now and saw his agility training at level 8 'Effect applies to all allies' requires a minimum of level 82.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Anakin needs some 800 or 900 odd purple gear to reach his max gear at 80. I'm pretty sure the cap will be 90 before I can keep up with that much gear.
    This is assuming datamined info is correct. They could make it worse. Datamined gear doesn't show gold gear from the websites I saw and there will probably be gold gear in the game
    Haha, 800 purle gear. Unless it's being added to a challenge, I'll have that around 2025.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Monxie wrote: »
    Haha, 800 purle gear. Unless it's being added to a challenge, I'll have that around 2025.
    I'm sure some will be added to challenges but we just need so many of them going forward that they probably won't be such a big help. Gear farming in the higher tiers is going to be very hard
  • If it is datamined correctly, QGJ is extremely easy to get gear level 11.
    To pass gear level 9 to 10, one needs only 40 purple gears: as for 20 of them, all of us already have it in amount of several hundreds due to challenges, and other 20 can be relative easy farmed in stage 6 LS/DS battles (8 energy consumption, near 33% drop rate as I remember due to my previous farm of this gears: 480 energy might be enough to get 20).
    At gear level 10 QGJ doesn't need purple gears at all!
    And btw, even having got gear level 11, there is no available gears to be equipped at this level.
  • and one more thing... Thanks to OP for the useful information! I planned to check it myself but you have saved my time.
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks @Reyia

\

Thanks for clarification,

I spit out coffee when I read the first comment
    "I'm going to level him too as his speed buff will apply to everyone in the team."
    Do you really think they will let this apply to everyone....ever?(Even at level 82)
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Why would anyone put all these resources into toons that would/could suck after the major update? You would have the new meta for 2-3 weeks.

ITS A TRAP!
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member

Sad thing is he will probably be the most
    OP toon of all lvl 80s.
    I have 2-3 whales I have to battle each day on arena that prob will have him geared, leveled and starred in a few days.
  • Great list, thanks Reyia. :)
  • Adding my thanks too!
  • Are you sure that Greedo is not on the list? since he was the only one with the highest gear lvl
  • Thanks, nice work again
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Great info, I have been studying this info trying to make best decisions. I have recently got 86 6* and was working on 88... Looks like QGJ 86 will be fun combo, my GS is only 5* as I was waiting to see how things went.
  • @Reyia, gear XI is still purple, isn't it?
    Rāma || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 80 || I've the bad habit of editing my writings soon after I've posted 'em
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    RamaGiizis wrote: »
    @Reyia, gear XI is still purple, isn't it?

Looking at the last missions in DS there's some characters with gold gear so we might see that
  • thx Reyia :)

very useful info - it deserves a sticky
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Would gr 11 be gold border? If so that would scare of hella lot of snipers lol
  • RamaGiizis
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Looking at the last missions in DS there's some characters with gold gear so we might see that
    Oootini wrote: »
    Would gr 11 be gold border? If so that would scare of hella lot of snipers lol
    I'm quite sure no: if I'm not wrong, golden gear will appear at level XII.
    We are familiar with gear IX yet; my opinion is that in DS 7D Hard we can see gear X while in Cantina 6G gear XI. So the golden gear in DS 7D Hard should be level XII.
    Post edited by RamaGiizis on
    Rāma || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 80 || I've the bad habit of editing my writings soon after I've posted 'em
  • wisenuts wrote: »
    Thanks @Reyia

\

Thanks for clarification,

I spit out coffee when I read the first comment
    "I'm going to level him too as his speed buff will apply to everyone in the team."
    Do you really think they will let this apply to everyone....ever?(Even at level 82)

Maybe by the time they release the final lv cap, there will be a good balance between speed and damage. They said they r working on that right now. Faster character should deal less damage whereas slower character show deal more damage
  • Much appreciated, thanks.
  • Lets concentrate on the guys of this list then
  • Thank you very much. i also like it a lot, since FOTP+FOSP and RP+RT and i planning on Resistance team or FO team. lol