Sector 5 boss

Sector 5 Queen Amidala boss battle is the most obnoxious thing this game has ever created.

Replies

• scuba
    14164 posts Member
    Options
    Good thing it has moved on from the CLS boss battle from last conquest
  • Options
    Amidala is bugged or her kit needs to be reworded or she's coded as a raid boss. Her TMR cannot be "prevented". If it could not be "resisted", JMK would work.
  • Options
    Since SEE ult can kill her, I don't think she's flagged as a raid boss. Which makes me think her kit is bugged <sigh>
  • scuba
    14164 posts Member
    Options
    Bugs?!?!?! No way, not in this game.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Can you tell from the mechanics/code whether they are using the "prevented" flag (e.g. Merrin) vs "resisted"?
  • Options
    In theory you might be able to, but I don’t actually see a “can’t be prevented” tag in Merrin’s TM gain. Could just be misunderstanding the swgoh.gg code.

Unrelated, but Merrin’s unique apparently checks if a defeated NS ally is Relic 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, individually, rather than pulling the Relic level directly as a variable.
  • Options
    I've admittedly made a few assumptions. To my knowledge, Merrin is the only toon in the game that can gain bonus TM vs JMK and Padme teams. She's also the only toon I know of with the phrase "can't be prevented" in their kit.

Now, to my knowledge, QA is the only toon in game that can remove TM vs JMK and Padme teams, but her kit uses the same "can't be resisted" language found on several other TMR abilities that JMK/Padme have been immune to.
  • Options
    Moff Gideon I think is slightly inconsistent, but that may just be my memory of it failing to remove TM from TMR-immune enemies and hamstringing my tempo.
  • Options
    I've never noticed unexpected TM behavior from Moff Gideon <shrug>
  • crzydroid
    7378 posts Moderator
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Moff Gideon I think is slightly inconsistent, but that may just be my memory of it failing to remove TM from TMR-immune enemies and hamstringing my tempo.

Gideon vs. Revan can hanstring you because they are immune to the tmr, so you've just reduced your team's tm to 25% but they keep theirs.
  • Options
    did anyone at CG actually play this, and get the feats? be honest
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options

Not sure, but plenty of people not at CG have played it and gotten the feats.
  • haloimplant2
    39 posts Member
    edited March 21
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

that's not the point, there are thousands of people with nothing but free time and crystals to waste on this

did CG actually pay anyone for long enough to sit down and do it is the question, the crystals would be free even. but the rancor bug a while ago suggests no they don't actually play it
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options

that's not the point, there are thousands of people with nothing but free time and crystals to waste on this

did CG actually pay anyone for long enough to sit down and do it is the question, the crystals would be free even. but the rancor bug a while ago suggests no they don't actually play it

While I don't disagree that CG doesn't actually play this game at a high level to know what the issues are, not sure what that's got to do with whether or not they played the Conquest s5 boss node. I figured you were just mad that it wasn't easy and thought you had some big takedown prepared by asking if they tried it. Sure, it's ramped up, but it's pretty easy if you have the right teams and disk setup so not sure what the problem is.
  • Options
    did you waste your own resources figuring out those teams and disks, or did someone just tell you
  • Options
    I figured you were just mad that it wasn't easy

This wasn't directed at me, but I'm mad that QA's kit doesn't work as written. Sure, in this one instance, not a big deal. But this just keeps happening with kit releases lately. And it indicates a lack of attention to detail, which is something I think this game warrants based on how much money it makes.
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    did you waste your own resources figuring out those teams and disks, or did someone just tell you

I went in blind and failed very quickly, and then changed tactics without anyone telling me how I did it wrong. Won without a GL on the 2nd fight. Skipping Bo since I don't have her.
    I figured you were just mad that it wasn't easy

This wasn't directed at me, but I'm mad that QA's kit doesn't work as written. Sure, in this one instance, not a big deal. But this just keeps happening with kit releases lately. And it indicates a lack of attention to detail, which is something I think this game warrants based on how much money it makes.

That's a valid problem, but I had no idea it didn't work as written, and I'm sure CG is unaware as well, but also it's a PVE unit so it doesn't have to match exactly.
  • Duncan1972
    40 posts Member
    edited March 21
    Options
    Sure, it's ramped up, but it's pretty easy if you have the right teams and disk setup so not sure what the problem is.

Won without a GL on the 2nd fight. Skipping Bo since I don't have her.

Care to share then? Team and disks? You'd have a lot of very grateful people!

• sigsig
    237 posts Member
    Options
    I did it the no gl feat with jkl, jkr, gk, wat, hyoda.
    I've also seen a traya, nihilius, saw, 50rt, bo - which would get both feats at the same time.
    I did the bo feat with jmk, cat, bo, gas, padme but it was not fun.
  • Duncan1972
    40 posts Member
    edited March 21
    Options
    Anyway for those tearing their hair out.

Apologies if this is already known as sure the various YouTubers have something better!

Did it with See, Bane, Malak, Malgus and SET. Disk as much health recovery as possible and vitality etc. Added Offence and Protection tech and managed to link both Padmes.

Not sure anything matters beyond having SEE and Malak though (both R8).

q9plpudnbeal.png

Cant for the life of me work out how to do it with Inqs though no matter what I try.

• scuba
    14164 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Can you tell from the mechanics/code whether they are using the "prevented" flag (e.g. Merrin) vs "resisted"?

IMO she is bugged.
    MG TMR
    1hptt70oovyj.jpg
    Rex TMR
    exynlmz6q1ae.jpg
    QA TMR
    0bp0ibpdc2ob.jpg
    JMK lead that prevents TMR
    j58j0hx5c9qs.jpg

Her TMR is missing the delay tag so it is bypassing JMK immunity

So yes even the player version would be able to remove turn meter vs JMK, it is not the raid boss thing
  • Options
    Thank you, sir. Guess I need to submit a bug report now <sigh>
  • Gawejn
    1139 posts Member
    Options
    This boss of sector5 seems easy. Dr lead plus good siths plus caustic emission disk and no problem.
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    Duncan1972 wrote: »
    Sure, it's ramped up, but it's pretty easy if you have the right teams and disk setup so not sure what the problem is.

Won without a GL on the 2nd fight. Skipping Bo since I don't have her.

Care to share then? Team and disks? You'd have a lot of very grateful people!

Dash Wat CAT +2 Scoundrels (I don't remember which) with a Frenzy Tech. Leader's Resolve, Vitality, ZA x2.