It's just too much

Replies

• obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Not at all, my intent is to discuss strats with people and give my opinion on several things. I've had healthy debates and discussions with guys like @cosmicturtle333 @KTroy24 etc, but when I'm constantly being attacked by pay to win players telling me I need "better strats etc", when they're just paying to win and not thinking for a second can you blame me for retaliating?

Yet look at your signature... That sums up your underlying message perfectly... I don't claim to read every single post in the forum, but I don't recall seeing any post from a F2P/P2P player telling you that you need a better strategy...

Oh trust me, go back to the barriss nerf threads. I didnt start retaliating until I was told by several pay to win players to get better strats. I tried being reasonable, but obviously you can't be reasonable with pay to win players.

Please stop with the us versus them mentality. Please don't generalize anyone into categories. Please don't feel the need to retaliate. Often, arguing to others if you haven't realized is like talking to a wall. There are points that are made that obviously will not come to a mutual consensus. I would prefer the boards to be constructive and on topic, rather than spinning off topic as it is now by these posts by you and others in this thread. Please don't get baited into falling off topic.

Back on topic, I don't think he needs to be nerfed at any level with the possible exception of the multi-counter attack. The only reason he stands out at the low-mid levels is because having a 3 star character decent character is substantially better than the other 1-2 star options in the starting roster.
  • EliasLund
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Agree. AI got much much better recently. Now attacking healers early on, focussing fire and so on.

In addition, AI uses some "X% chance for ...." as a "100% chance for ...".

There are still some remarkable mistakes by AI, like Talia "healing" herself down to close to death when she is the last one standing.
  • thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Kyuu2 wrote: »
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Not at all, my intent is to discuss strats with people and give my opinion on several things. I've had healthy debates and discussions with guys like @cosmicturtle333 @KTroy24 etc, but when I'm constantly being attacked by pay to win players telling me I need "better strats etc", when they're just paying to win and not thinking for a second can you blame me for retaliating?

Yet look at your signature... That sums up your underlying message perfectly... I don't claim to read every single post in the forum, but I don't recall seeing any post from a F2P/P2P player telling you that you need a better strategy...

Oh trust me, go back to the barriss nerf threads. I didnt start retaliating until I was told by several pay to win players to get better strats. I tried being reasonable, but obviously you can't be reasonable with pay to win players.

Please stop with the us versus them mentality. Please don't generalize anyone into categories. Please don't feel the need to retaliate. Often, arguing to others if you haven't realized is like talking to a wall. There are points that are made that obviously will not come to a mutual consensus. I would prefer the boards to be constructive and on topic, rather than spinning off topic as it is now by these posts by you and others in this thread. Please don't get baited into falling off topic.

Back on topic, I don't think he needs to be nerfed at any level with the possible exception of the multi-counter attack. The only reason he stands out at the low-mid levels is because having a 3 star character decent character is substantially better than the other 1-2 star options in the starting roster.

the f2p players and small spenders need a voice like me on this forum. #teamewok
    Post edited by Hillsop on
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • Dooku is annoying I've been hit 4-6 in a row by him, but like queltar said attack with Tanky guys. I go at him with Barriss and if in my lineup Opress. Mace also. JC as well. I'll hit his special which heals me more damage than Dooku gives especial;ly at 5* gear maxed. Stunning him is great too. I use Ventress for that. I run Dooku vs Dooku theirs goes first everytime and stuns mine first shot.

Lum is a great asset to as stated. Her Force Blast really hurts him. If you can get timing right, no buffs I hit Overpower with Opress, ate his counter, than hit the Spec of JC and Lum and he was gone.
  • My strategy for Dooku is simple. Leave him for last... or nearly last. Unless you think you can take him in a shot or 2. But against another team with similar power level almost every time you attack him you will be taking damage in return. Do you want to be taking damage when the opponent still has 5, 4 or even 3 heroes still alive? When he is alone your team is only taking damage from him and they have had time to heal hopefully. Usually there are more annoying characters to kill first anyways, like Luminara or Sidious, a power attacker or you are being forced to attack Chewie or Han.
    He's annoying for sure because he's everywhere. He's everywhere because he was in the cheapest pack offered so far. (if memory serves me right) He was a steal of a buy for a casual player who doesn't spend much $$$ on these mobile games so it makes sense for most people to use him.
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    If you use aoe, you're going to get smacked back. In that respect, Dooku is working as intended. If you avoid him, he hits your Jedi with a stun. Yes, it's annoying, but it's not a game breaker. Let Lando get a crit on you and see what OP really is.

Lol they just don't know about Lando!! My mouth waters over the possibilty of setting up a Poe expose debuff followed by a second turn Lando nuke lol. Heads will roll!
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    Only thing annoying about dooku is his stuns, especially running a jedi heavy team, more of annoying on arena than gw because you can just retreat if he lands double stuns.

lol how many forum accounts is that?

My other accounts aren't banned, it's just restricted. How many times are you pay to win guys going to report me LOL. I got warned for writing "deal with it".

I'm personally happy to see you phanromewok, I found your comments fun and amusing...

Thanks for the support guys. F2p/crystal buyers/Dooku pack buyers need to stick together. These hardcore pay to win guys think that our input means nothing because we don't spend 100s of dollars to win.

It's hurtful too. I try to add to the conversation and I know I'm wordy but I'd like to see things improve. On many days, I get a response like I'm a crybaby when what I mention concerns free and pay players. EA has set this tone here, so when people ego-trip with their pay-for team, they've been conditioned to pat themselves on the back with their outlandish, crazy land pricing ....
  • Having defense up buffs help tame his counter attacks down also.
    Seether L53 ally code: 275-434-851
  • The game desperately needs both "sides" in order to thrive. Paying players are no more or less important than the f2p customers. The P2P players pay the bills and the F2P players bring the numbers that make the game worth playing. There shouldn't be a war between the two.

I agree that the pricing needs a massive adjustment, and hopefully this is worked on the future but I also don't want to see F2P players held back from doing well. My personal belief is that paying should really only benefit time savings or vanity items. (Not that my opinion matters much there though.

I like that many of the f2p players contribute strats to the community and I've even used many of them.

Back to the OP - Dooku shrinks in threat as other toon rise in gear and level. Just hold out and you will see. I still use my Dooku but I don't see the big hits for half health using him anymore and most teams are set up to compensate for a Dooku stun pretty well. I'm hoping to replace him soon myself.

**Disclosure: I am a spender of a couple hundred bucks**
  • Yes dooku is not op. The people who say he is are those who are still beginner to mid-low level so patience is required until you have started to level up "gear" and "stars". Once you do , you will laugh at how easy it is to kill Dooku.

@thephantomewok your signature is awesome
    How do make a signature?
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    Yes dooku is not op. The people who say he is are those who are still beginner to mid-low level so patience is required until you have started to level up "gear" and "stars". Once you do , you will laugh at how easy it is to kill Dooku.

@thephantomewok your signature is awesome
    How do make a signature?

Click on account settings(it's the icon the furthest right next to your name), and once you get to that page on the far right there's a signature setting option.
  • Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2015

Nope, these pay to win players think that f2p players deserve 0 input, and whine all day, the f2p players and small spenders need a voice like me on this forum. #teamewok

Plx....I'm f2p and irl poor...but blaming and generalising a whole group of people because some spoilt rich kid ignored you one time is just stupid. Just because people have money does not make them stupi d,or really that much different from you or anybody else. All you are doing is getting perfectly reasonable people's backs up for no reason at all because you hold some grudge, against some people who still do not give a **** what you say. The ones you are hating on don't read what you put and don't care what you do or say...so all you do is hurt yourself and create conflict between non-involved people where there should be none.
  • meanpride
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have no problem with Dooku in a Arena matchup. But if its in GW, and you face a team with him 5 times in a row, its difficult to recover from all those annoying attacks.

I try to end each GW battle with as little damage as possible but with Dooku in every team its impossible as he will always attack first and in every other turn thereafter.

• thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Wispsi wrote: »

Nope, these pay to win players think that f2p players deserve 0 input, and whine all day, the f2p players and small spenders need a voice like me on this forum. #teamewok

Plx....I'm f2p and irl poor...but blaming and generalising a whole group of people because some spoilt rich kid ignored you one time is just stupid. Just because people have money does not make them stupi d,or really that much different from you or anybody else. All you are doing is getting perfectly reasonable people's backs up for no reason at all because you hold some grudge, against some people who still do not give a **** what you say. The ones you are hating on don't read what you put and don't care what you do or say...so all you do is hurt yourself and create conflict between non-involved people where there should be none.

Spoiled rich kid ignored me? LOL, no it's more like the people who are dumb enough and desperate enough to get ranks by paying money accused me of having "bad strats", when they pay to win, that to me is just the true trolls. Oh yeah, they totally don't care, that's why you're having a hissy fit over my post right now LOL, and all the other pay to win players had one too.

Also I like how you tried to write f2p and irl poor to try and bother me LOL. So you're saying that people who don't pay to win are f2p and irl poor and you're saying I'm generalizing. Maybe some people just aren't that desperate for ranks like you and they can actually use strats to win. I'm 100% f2p and I rank from 10-20, and once I gear/star up my luke and replace him with chewie I guarantee I'll be in the top 10, but no, I can speed that up by paying to win since i'm so desperate for ranks! who cares about strats! Pay your way to win!

• I am sorry mods. The Flag button isn't working on iOS. The Reply button remIns hidden no matter wht we do. I rhink the thread is being hijacked by ewok again.

On the topic of Dooku, I know how annoying he can be. I tend to ignore him and sometimes avoid doing AoE. Once you build stronger chars, the dmg he makes is small, and he becomes squishy. At that stage Leia or IG-88 that can desl 8000k or 4k per person become four focus.
  • I am sorry mods. The Flag button isn't working on iOS. The Reply button remIns hidden no matter wht we do. I rhink the thread is being hijacked by ewok again.

On the topic of Dooku, I know how annoying he can be. I tend to ignore him and sometimes avoid doing AoE. Once you build stronger chars, the dmg he makes is small, and he becomes squishy. At that stage Leia or IG-88 that can desl 8000k or 4k per person become four focus.

"TheVinegru
    149 POSTS MEMBER December 27, 2015 3:57PM
    thephantomewok wrote:
    Only thing annoying about dooku is his stuns, especially running a jedi heavy team, more of annoying on arena than gw because you can just retreat if he lands double stuns.
    lol how many forum accounts is that?"

Hmm, I wonder who went offtopic first? Was it me? OH wait, it wasn't me it was your fellow p2p player. Are you going to report him too? Oh of course not! Because he pays to win like you.
  • KTroy24 wrote: »

nice new sig @KTroy24 i still struggle though, but I finish it 80% of the time.
  • Wispsi wrote: »

Spoiled rich kid ignored me? LOL, no it's more like the people who are dumb enough and desperate enough to get ranks by paying money accused me of having "bad strats", when they pay to win, that to me is just the true trolls. Oh yeah, they totally don't care, that's why you're having a hissy fit over my post right now LOL, and all the other pay to win players had one too.

Also I like how you tried to write f2p and irl poor to try and bother me LOL. So you're saying that people who don't pay to win are f2p and irl poor and you're saying I'm generalizing. Maybe some people just aren't that desperate for ranks like you and they can actually use strats to win. I'm 100% f2p and I rank from 10-20, and once I gear/star up my luke and replace him with chewie I guarantee I'll be in the top 10, but no, I can speed that up by paying to win since i'm so desperate for ranks! who cares about strats! Pay your way to win!

What? Hissy fit? I told you I am f2p and irl poor to bother you? I said nothing about people having oto be f2p and poor, I was purely talking about myself and my own situation how is that generalising? The majority of top 100 on my server appear to have paid quite a large amount into this game and I still place top 50 and can quite easily get top 20 although often that will require spending 50 gems on more battles. so great...your boasting is something a normal f2p player on a p2w server can accomplish...gz? I am totally confident I could get in top 10, but I like jedis so have 3 in my pvp squad which is quite dangerous with the 6/7 star epic sids in every single team.

Judging from your replies I'm starting to think your strats likely are bad...or just standard obvious, it does not seem like thinking deeply on a subject is one of your strong points.

As for count dooku, well I think there are plenty stronger characters them him and I run mostly jedis (light side forever).
  • thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015

What? Hissy fit? I told you I am f2p and irl poor to bother you? I said nothing about people having oto be f2p and poor, I was purely talking about myself and my own situation how is that generalising? The majority of top 100 on my server appear to have paid quite a large amount into this game and I still place top 50 and can quite easily get top 20 although often that will require spending 50 gems on more battles. so great...your boasting is something a normal f2p player on a p2w server can accomplish...gz? I am totally confident I could get in top 10, but I like jedis so have 3 in my pvp squad which is quite dangerous with the 6/7 star epic sids in every single team.

Judging from your replies I'm starting to think your strats likely are bad...or just standard obvious, it does not seem like thinking deeply on a subject is one of your strong points.

As for count dooku, well I think there are plenty stronger characters them him and I run mostly jedis (light side forever).

Yeah my strats are so bad, that's why I compete with only p2p players from 1-50, and I'm 3-4 levels lower than them and I rank 10-20 LOL. You can't even make top 50, I have screenshots of me making these ranks if you want me to post them, of course if I post them you're going to have to too.
    You seem insecure since you're accusing me of boasting LOL, yet you're boasting that you can make top 10 LOL, you're all talk, instead of just talking why don't you do it, unless you're clearly not capable, and when I say make top 10 I mean you receive the prize for top 10. Don't be mad because your strats are awful and you can't even break the top 50. I run several jedis too, but I find ways around them to make top 20. At level 53, I was beating 58-60 pay to win teams, you're struggling to break 50 :D . Prove me wrong, post a screenshot of your inbox that shows you rank, have you even broke 50 once LOL. Judging from your posts which shows low intelligence, and your excuses I'm going to assume that you have no strats at all.
  • @Wispsi
    Quote of the year from Wispi. I could've, would've, should've placed in the top 10, but I have a million excuses on why I can't LOL.

Oh and btw, I never used 50 crystals to refresh once, when I star my luke up and get him purple gear I will, but the fact that you can't even break 50 without using crystals shows how awful you are with your strats. You should join the pay to win guys, and just pay your way to a rank,
    "So as a basically f2p player (I spent crystal subscription on 8pack and got 8x shards 7 of which are completely useless to me who cannot buy more)"

Oh wait, you have paid LOL, but you still can't compete huh. Haha jesus, the amount of pay to win trolls telling me I need better strats is just too much LOL. Is it april fools?
  • @thephantomewok Seriously dude, please stop derailing threads, you are just as bad as the ones trolling you by what you're doing. Be the better person, you don't need to show off that you can compete with paying players, we get it already. I'm glad you can rank in the top 10, but your attitude quite honestly is really toxic because you don't seem to be able to stop yourself.
  • Kyuu2 wrote: »
    @thephantomewok Seriously dude, please stop derailing threads, you are just as bad as the ones trolling you by what you're doing. Be the better person, you don't need to show off that you can compete with paying players, we get it already. I'm glad you can rank in the top 10, but your attitude quite honestly is really toxic because you don't seem to be able to stop yourself.

My question to you is, why aren't you complaining the people who are trolling? Why do you always call me out. Let me ask you, who derailed this topic first? I answered the question in the first page, then what happened after that? Did I just go off-topic or did someone else do that. hmm.
  • Kyuu2 wrote: »
    @thephantomewok Seriously dude, please stop derailing threads, you are just as bad as the ones trolling you by what you're doing. Be the better person, you don't need to show off that you can compete with paying players, we get it already. I'm glad you can rank in the top 10, but your attitude quite honestly is really toxic because you don't seem to be able to stop yourself.

Oh, and when you claim that I'm showing off, do you think I would even bring up that I compete with pay to win players pre-barriss? Go look at my post histories with my ewok account, I never "showed-off once", but when pay to win players tell me to get better strats, I'm going to "show off", to shut them down.

I know why you're telling me to stop derailing the thread even though your pay to win buddies are the one who initiated it. It's because you're still salty that your favorite op barriss was nerfed :D. Yes barriss was OP, and you guys deserved no compensation at all, if I were you guys I'd be thanking EA for even giving you guys 300 shards. You guys are lucky, if you dont want them you guys can send them over here.

• Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2015

Yeah my strats are so bad, that's why I compete with only p2p players from 1-50, and I'm 3-4 levels lower than them and I rank 10-20 LOL. You can't even make top 50, I have screenshots of me making these ranks if you want me to post them, of course if I post them you're going to have to too.
    You seem insecure since you're accusing me of boasting LOL, yet you're boasting that you can make top 10 LOL, you're all talk, instead of just talking why don't you do it, unless you're clearly not capable, and when I say make top 10 I mean you receive the prize for top 10. Don't be mad because your strats are awful and you can't even break the top 50. I run several jedis too, but I find ways around them to make top 20. At level 53, I was beating 58-60 pay to win teams, you're struggling to break 50 :D . Prove me wrong, post a screenshot of your inbox that shows you rank, have you even broke 50 once LOL. Judging from your posts which shows low intelligence, and your excuses I'm going to assume that you have no strats at all.

Wt f who takes screenshots of making top 20 :/ I have never taken a screenshot on my phone and did not even have a little bit of desire to when I made top 5...and you call me insecure lol :) your server cannot be very competitive at all if you make top 20 without having to spend more gems on battles after spending the day being knocked down for being 4 levels and a large amount of power less the thr people around d you. And i see little point in spending 50 gems to make 50 gems. what are you even arguing at this point? That you are better then me? Why are you arguing this? Whether or not you are better then me changes nothing I have said.

you even fail gw sometimes...like only 2 days have I had to use more then 5 people to complete it all...and one of them was my first ever day on it before I had any idea what it was about and I made it to node 11...

But none of this changes what I put in my first post...all you have done is call me a liar about my situation (which is irrelevant) and try to 'prove' you are better then me (not true but also irrelevant) without addressing the original issue whatsoever.

You gain nothing from hating on people purely because they have spent money on this game, or (like me) people who are f2p and do t immediately hate people who can afford to spend money on it. You simply drive away people that might have listened to your ideas about the game... Just so you can spread hate and ignorance around the community...why? Have you ever seen a community that benefitted from hate and ignorance?? Have you ever seen it make people happier or more likely to listen to the ideas of the other side ??
  • thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015

Wt f who takes screenshots of making top 20 :/ I have never taken a screenshot on my phone and did not even have a little bit of desire to when I made top 5...and you call me insecure lol :) your server cannot be very competitive at all if you make top 20 without having to spend more gems on battles after spending the day being knocked down for being 4 levels and a large amount of power less the thr people around d you. And i see little point in spending 50 gems to make 50 gems. what are you even arguing at this point? That you are better then me? Why are you arguing this? Whether or not you are better then me changes nothing I have said.

you even fail gw sometimes...like only 2 days have I had to use more then 5 people to complete it all...and one of them was my first ever day on it before I had any idea what it was about and I made it to node 11...

But none of this changes what I put in my first post...all you have done is call me a liar about my situation (which is irrelevant) and try to 'prove' you are better then me (not true but also irrelevant) without addressing the original issue whatsoever.

You gain nothing from hating on people purely because they have spent money on this game, or (like me) people who are f2p and do t immediately hate people who can afford to spend money on it. You simply drive away people that might have listened to your ideas about the game... Just so you can spread hate and ignorance around the community...why? Have you ever seen a community that benefitted from hate and ignorance?? Have you ever seen it make people happier or more likely to listen to the ideas of the other side ??

Too long didn't read past the first paragraph. All I see is a million excuses from a pay to win loser who can't even break top 50, write another essay of excuses. You should just pay to win like the rest, you clearly don't have the intelligence to compete. Sure you made top 5 hahaha, you can't even break top 50. Take a screenshot of your prize rankings you get tomorrow, it's probably not even top 50 LOL. Oh wait, you don't take screenshots, so in other words, you're too scared and you're lying. You have time to write an essay of excuses, but no time to take a screenshot that takes 1 sec to take, and 10 secs to upload. LOL okay, keep struggling from 50-100.
  • @Wispsi
    Quote of the year from Wispi. I could've, would've, should've placed in the top 10, but I have a million excuses on why I can't LOL.

Oh and btw, I never used 50 crystals to refresh once, when I star my luke up and get him purple gear I will, but the fact that you can't even break 50 without using crystals shows how awful you are with your strats. You should join the pay to win guys, and just pay your way to a rank,
    "So as a basically f2p player (I spent crystal subscription on 8pack and got 8x shards 7 of which are completely useless to me who cannot buy more)"

Oh wait, you have paid LOL, but you still can't compete huh. Haha jesus, the amount of pay to win trolls telling me I need better strats is just too much LOL. Is it april fools?

? I have placed in top 10. I gave 1'reason as to why I don't at the moment yet you seem to be really caught up on it. And if at 4 levels lower with waaay lower power (you simply can't have the same power as people with full epic 7 star chrome chars as f2p this early on) you really should be dropped down beyond 70 over night and from there it is not physically possible to get In the top 20 without using crystals (you can only move so many spaces at a time). Math...try using it instead of making up random insults which are not even close to true.
    I guess you followed your own advice to get placed highly...restart servers until you find a dead one lol.

And yes, clearly states I bought a subscription and then wasted all of the gems I got from it (the one shards I could use were ewok elder to rank him to 3, not useful in pvp only gw and stars on missions). So everything I have (complete characters) for squad arena is completely f2p. This is basically what I previously said.
  • Wispsi wrote: »
    @Wispsi

? I have placed in top 10. I gave 1'reason as to why I don't at the moment yet you seem to be really caught up on it. And if at 4 levels lower with waaay lower power (you simply can't have the same power as people with full epic 7 star chrome chars as f2p this early on) you really should be dropped down beyond 70 over night and from there it is not physically possible to get In the top 20 without using crystals (you can only move so many spaces at a time). Math...try using it instead of making up random insults which are not even close to true.
    I guess you followed your own advice to get placed highly...restart servers until you find a dead one lol.

And yes, clearly states I bought a subscription and then wasted all of the gems I got from it (the one shards I could use were ewok elder to rank him to 3, not useful in pvp only gw and stars on missions). So everything I have (complete characters) for squad arena is completely f2p. This is basically what I previously said.

Sure you've placed in the top 10. Post a screenshot of your ranking. Who wants to bet that Wispi who can't break 50 won't post a screenshot LOL. You're all talk. And yes, you paid to win but you can't even break top 50 hahaha.
  • I just want to be able to casually read this forum without having to run into this @thephantomewok garbage. Except you are in every thread.
  • @Wispsi Please change your name to writes essays makes excuses. I've never seen someone write as much as you without backing what they say up LOL. All you do is boast and boast and boast, but you're not willing to prove it hahahah. I'm willing to prove anything I state. The only reason I had a screen shot if me breaking 20 was to prove I'm not just some fos guy ranked in the top 50-100 like you. I took screenshots of the opponents ranked beides me btw, so you can see they were 57/59 while I was 53.