New player, use Crystals for...?

I've been saving all my purple crystals after about a week of playing. Level 36, have 830 crystals. Was saving for a 4x Chromium pack. Is that the best use of them? Been doing all the dailies and everything too. I dont have many characters just: Chewy, Jawa, Poe, Talia, JC, Resistance Trooper, Snowtrooper, 1st Order Stormtrooper, Royal Guard. Most around level 35 with "okay" grear. Working towards Sid, Count and Boba now.

Please advise thanks.

Replies

• I'd save the crystals for refreshes and not the packs. They are gambling. If you do buy packs just don't be disappointed if you don't get the hero you wanted.
  • Use all of them on energy. Every day you should buy at least 2 of the 50 gem energy refreshes(can buy 1 or 2 100 gem refreshes if you need to) and 1 of the 100 gem cantina energy refreshes. Also, if you are crushing everyone in arena, you should buy 1 set of attempts a day(50 gems) until you get around top 200 preferably.
  • ok thanks - why is refreshing energy better than opening Chromium packs? Should i be using my energy for shards or what exactly? Here's where I am:

Light Side battles - tier 4 on 4-H
    Dark Side battles - tier 3 on 3-B
    Squad Cantina Battles - tier 1 on Battle E.
    Squad Arena rank: #2402.

There's so much to do I'd love some advice on how to use my energy going forward. Squad Cantina battles are kinda tough for me now, and Squad Arena can be also.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    ok thanks - why is refreshing energy better than opening Chromium packs? Should i be using my energy for shards or what exactly? Here's where I am:

Light Side battles - tier 4 on 4-H
    Dark Side battles - tier 3 on 3-B
    Squad Cantina Battles - tier 1 on Battle E.
    Squad Arena rank: #2402.

There's so much to do I'd love some advice on how to use my energy going forward. Squad Cantina battles are kinda tough for me now, and Squad Arena can be also.

I assume you are a F2P player buddy, and if u are a F2P player, just use it for energy and cantina refills, like seriously! I was once like you, saving up 1.3k for 4x chromium pack, however all I got was only shards and a 3* general veers ( I Guess I'm considered lucky since I got a full character but still it wasn't what I expected)

Hence I suggest u to keep ur crystals for the time being, or if u really insist on gambling it, I rather u save enough for 8X chromium pack and buy that. I Guess it feels more rewarding and better that way :)

Hope my advise helped. :)
  • Energy is more reliable. With chromium you are gambling. You may get a great 4* hero and you may get some Ewok shards. I believe some have stated good results when you are just starting on chromium but I bought an 8 pack when I started and got nothing amazing. I think DM was the only decent one I got. I bought the Dooku pack and the Barriss pack and felt better about them since it was a sure drop. That said, I am not sure the new pack is worth it, but it doesn't seem too bad a deal just a bit too high for my tastes.

As said above. You should get 2-4 energy refreshes per day and 1 cantina energy refill per day for best results. This comes out to 200-500 crystals per day. In the beginning this may be too expensive so it d the 2 & 1 refill at 200 crystals per day. Once you're doing okay in arena, and clearing GW you can buy the subscription for a bit extra per day but that's all I would recommend if you are going to spend money.

You can also do quite well as F2p or as a low spender. Ask whipi and he will tell you. He does better than many huge spenders.

After my initial packs I only buy the subscription and I wish the 21 day option would return.
  • If you are F2p and are not going to spend a lot of money on this game, buy energy refills and farm characters that way. It is very effective. If you do spend money, the crystal subscriptions are very helpful and give you an extra 100 - 165 a day for $5.

Hope this helps :)
  • If cantina battle too hard, spam chewie node until 4*. Get daka shard from shipment.

Then jawa node, finally consular up tu 7*.

Wait for max cantina energy, buy refill & spam.

Mission energy exclusively for gear. Once a while go for consular shard.

Can't say I regret farming dooku to 4* because I still use him at top100 rank but I wish I didn't.

Get to top 500 rank fast and stay there for a while. Once you feel less ppl attacking you, then go for next rank.

• Lvl 57 FTP here.. Listen to me.. The best option for you is to save crystala for energy refill .. probably you can just open a chromium (in my first i pulled a 4* ackbar who carried me a lot in pve and in arena, but i was lucky).. Anyway you should push your rank in arena (top 200 recommended), use energy for farming equip, use cantina to farm chewe or talia (one of them) until you can go to cantina stage 3 where you can farm consular.. You should buy the 2 50 crystals refill at day.. In arena go for Sidious, he's a game changer
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Purple ability mats are the rarest item in the game, and you will have a shortage before you even reach level cap.

I recommend using 2 refills on Cantina per day as often as possible to try and even out the requirements you will have, plus thw shards you will getnin then process makes this the best value in my opinion.

I would even use no normal refills to fund this if I had to.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven wrote: »
    Purple ability mats are the rarest item in the game, and you will have a shortage before you even reach level cap.

I recommend using 2 refills on Cantina per day as often as possible to try and even out the requirements you will have, plus thw shards you will getnin then process makes this the best value in my opinion.

I would even use no normal refills to fund this if I had to.

I had to do this for a few days to catch up on the purple mats. Maybe like 3 days plus GW rewards and the mats challenge and my team was caught up again but yeah this would be good to do maybe twice a month or so.

For my next team I'm going to alternate gear then skills.
  • Thanks guys for all the input!!! So, can someone answer me what's most important to a character? Level, gear or *'s ? And, which hero should I aim for in Cantina Shipments? I had been doing Boba...
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Don't gamble on Chromium.

Gear is the most important according to SW Cantina. Star level is right behind it and char level is last. Focus on getting your arena team in shape and make sure you're getting allies and using them in Cantina/regular battles whenever possible. Doubling what you get towards bronzium packs can be a life saver since that's your best hope for a deeper character bench. Over time you'll eventually get a 4* but it might take a few weeks of regular play.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/how-swgoh-character-gear-compares-with-star-promotions-and-training/

Try to make sure you have enough characters to do the daily events/challenges. If you're having a lot of problems with it then try to get a 1 star or 2 star character via farming. Otherwise keep focused on leveling/gearing your best 5 and keep moving up arena ranks.