Mk5 Arakyd Droid Callers, who needs them? Craft them now!

Replies

• Drake23 wrote: »
    Now I'm kinda sorry I didn't do the tank challenge in the last months :(

The rewards from the Tank Challenge are still useless

At the moment,yes,useless
    I got over 100 stun guns or whatever they are ,but curious what gear is next lvls
  • Hyperalloy
    202 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Alot of players are going to call it a day and move on I think

That's the plan. They want the older, more experienced and skilled players to go away because we know "It's a TRAP!". With us veterans gone and no longer there to warn newbies of the underhanded rip-off schemes they will pull (e.g. insta-upgrade a character to less than gear 7 and max level for a rip-off price), they will have a field day until those too ignorant or stubborn to listen to solid advice find out the hard way. Once this new generation is **** off and moves on, they will come up with some new scam to bait the naive and uninitiated.

It is an extremely sad state of affairs when arena combat is actually much more fun and strategic, with player skill and strategy playing a greater role in the battle outcome, at level 40 then at level 70. All this could be fixed if they scale the armour damage reduction % to fit with the exponentially growing damage, but instead they try to fool us into believing they actually care by introducing more complicated mechanics that will make this game even more of a nightmare to balance.
  • I posted in the main update thread but thought I'd add it here. Basically I checked and had gear to craft 2 Mk 5 arakyd. Crafted 1 which either consumed more materials than it should or they disappeared.

Nothing I can do about losing mine but I'm just recommending you take a Screenshot or two before crafting in case you get the same.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • thanks for this cosmic. A v handy little list...
  • Starjumper wrote: »
    I posted in the main update thread but thought I'd add it here. Basically I checked and had gear to craft 2 Mk 5 arakyd. Crafted 1 which either consumed more materials than it should or they disappeared.

Nothing I can do about losing mine but I'm just recommending you take a Screenshot or two before crafting in case you get the same.

You are sure? You need 20 MK1 Zaltin Bacta Gel fir one gear, not 10.
  • Where can i farm this thing?
  • CPMP wrote: »
    w3dRlC8.jpg
    And let's not forget, those 2 blow dryer slots were the only new open slots from 60-70. My Boba still doesn't have them.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Admiral Ackbar x 2

Farm as many of these as you can and craft them as soon as possible! This will save you weeks of farming.

Thanks a ton ! Just crafted 5.

any clues on crafting other gear, that EA will change ? How important / hard are those, perhaps, need to craft them too>
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Yep, fed up. And, guess what design team? Its spring and I have better things to do with my time and wallet. Kick rocks

+1
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    How they look like ffs???

Go thru your highest geared toons. You will see some gear which you can only equip at levels 70+, they're shown in yellow "+" instead of green.
    just go thru their names, 4 of them are the ones affected.

For me, I found them at Yoda (right, middle and bottom gears) & Barriss (right bottom gear). This should help.

P.S.: Forget about Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace! This one requires 50 purple hairdryers, I'll wait until next level of Challenges unlocks where we'll be able to farm them.
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    April fools, now that you crafted a those droid callers. It's time to reveal there is no change to gear,. As a token of our gratitude for your angerd loyalty have seven more shards of poe\phasma.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Lamb wrote: »
    April fools, now that you crafted a those droid callers. It's time to reveal there is no change to gear,. As a token of our gratitude for your angerd loyalty have seven more shards of poe\phasma.

Some of us aren't even getting the shards :#
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Just spent my bank of crystals to make one of the droid callers for QGJ...:( hopefully it was a good call
  • Managed to make 2 by using my crystal reserves! next issue is to figure out who to use them on lol.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yeah, the one day notice on the gear change guaranteed that any actual significant crafting would be impossible. Well played CG/EA.

Funny how the new characters and abilities and fun stuff gets "leaked" and datamined. But this kind of "stick it to the existing player base" and "punish the players who have been customers the longest" type changes never quite get found out until the day before the "update" clocks us all in the head.
    J7000 wrote: »
    Yep, fed up. And, guess what design team? Its spring and I have better things to do with my time and wallet. Kick rocks

Great job EA, this is what your customers think of your decisions!!! I've never seen a developer act with such a level of greed as I have seen here, greed to the point of where, I'll never, ever buy or play another EA/CG title ever again after this experience. I'll also make sure to tell people thinking of it to pass on that or suffer the repercussions...
  • Alot of players are going to call it a day and move on I think

+100
  • @EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

Beyond ticked off here, i do my best supporting the game,giving ideas and spending money on the game.

You ................... just went and nailed the coffin with this extra cash grab that i just can't support. You punished me for saving my crystals. If i knew this i would of just farmed the 72 items last week......... now they need an extra 50 items per piece and and at my current rate of 1:8 ratio this is going to take almost three weeks per gear.

Not happy and not spending any more on this game....
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yeah, the one day notice on the gear change guaranteed that any actual significant crafting would be impossible. Well played CG/EA.

Funny how the new characters and abilities and fun stuff gets "leaked" and datamined. But this kind of "stick it to the existing player base" and "punish the players who have been customers the longest" type changes never quite get found out until the day before the "update" clocks us all in the head.
    J7000 wrote: »

Great job EA, this is what your customers think of your decisions!!! I've never seen a developer act with such a level of greed as I have seen here, greed to the point of where, I'll never, ever buy or play another EA/CG title ever again after this experience. I'll also make sure to tell people thinking of it to pass on that or suffer the repercussions...

Never play a Synapse game then. It's worse than this by epic proportions.
  • F the update lol i dunno still Star Wars but arghh so over the game but love anything Star Wars.
  • Just noticed the "April's fool" wasn't April fool. It's just the devs have very little sense of humor, bad timing and work against the entire player base that are telling that the way gear farming works is tedious, pointless waste of time and insulting to people that want to do meaningful things with their time.

I am sorry. I though intelligence and timing was on their side but it's just foolishness, with no April to save them.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »
    w3dRlC8.jpg

Lolo,thats so painful

Lmfaoooooo indeed
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Vodo wrote: »
    My daka and qgj need this at level 74 and I was so happy that they were easy to craft and I didn't have to worry about them but now I need to rush and try and craft them before the update

Same here, need 2, one for Daka, one for QGJ. Could only craft 1 and I won't farm the 44 items I would need for the other one right now.
    I guess that even without those changes the grind factor would have been horrible but with those changes it may become a game stopper for me. Ofc we have to w8 until the update goes live, but from the patch notes it looks like we will have to spend a lot of crystals to lvl up, farm gear and get credits. And nothing of that adds any fun to the game.

Yes I'm waiting for the update to go live and see what the real story is with gear and how they plan to address the issue. If there's no good solution i think I might call it a day on this game. Waiting to see how it's going to work though. The challenges won't help so much when you're searching for 100s of the same thing and if their only other solution is paid packs for gear or something absurd like that, then I'll probably find another game I'll enjoy more.

Besides the gear problem I didn't think it was a bad update. The changes to gs and qgj were necessary and good changes. No new content but still an okay update. Expect for the gear - which they conveniently never mentioned it to us once until there was a day left to go

That's been their intentions from the beginning-to get you to part with your hard earned money. Just do your dailies, only takes 30 mins, lower your expectations a little

Lowering my expectations would also be lowering my enjoyment of the game and in which case why not just change to something else id enjoy more. But I'll wait to see what the update brings. They haven't given us enough info yet to go by. I want to see what this new way of getting gear would be

My expectations are to collect as many toons as I can, don't really care how long it takes, and to gear them as high as I can. When the time comes when I cannot do that then I will move on. I don't care about GW or Arena rankings. I do them because I want to complete my daily activities. so my expectations are way off from anyone else's.

Nope our expectations match. I play for exactly the same reason. Just a collector, everything else is just the means to that end.
  • Wow bobba fett. Just looking at the circles gears...that's like at least 250 purples??haha
  • Dilligaf
    221 posts Member
    Balls too late
    Roger roger
  • To the OP. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart :)
  • To the OP. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart :)

No worries bro.

If it saves even a few people the weeks of farming it will take then I'm glad I could help.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Yes, thank you cosmic. I finished GS's MK6 and made 5 MK droids for my other chars... just barely. Am interested to see if when someone levels up and can equip them.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    To the OP. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart :)

No worries bro.

If it saves even a few people the weeks of farming it will take then I'm glad I could help.

Need to add my thanks too. I never intended to pre craft anything but seeing this post, and seing my QGJ who I've spent an age farming would've essentially become trash forced to me spend my crystals to craft one of these. At least now, one of my toons will be decent in this update.

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Hangfire wrote: »
    Vodo wrote: »
    My daka and qgj need this at level 74 and I was so happy that they were easy to craft and I didn't have to worry about them but now I need to rush and try and craft them before the update

Same here, need 2, one for Daka, one for QGJ. Could only craft 1 and I won't farm the 44 items I would need for the other one right now.
    I guess that even without those changes the grind factor would have been horrible but with those changes it may become a game stopper for me. Ofc we have to w8 until the update goes live, but from the patch notes it looks like we will have to spend a lot of crystals to lvl up, farm gear and get credits. And nothing of that adds any fun to the game.

Yes I'm waiting for the update to go live and see what the real story is with gear and how they plan to address the issue. If there's no good solution i think I might call it a day on this game. Waiting to see how it's going to work though. The challenges won't help so much when you're searching for 100s of the same thing and if their only other solution is paid packs for gear or something absurd like that, then I'll probably find another game I'll enjoy more.

Besides the gear problem I didn't think it was a bad update. The changes to gs and qgj were necessary and good changes. No new content but still an okay update. Expect for the gear - which they conveniently never mentioned it to us once until there was a day left to go

That's been their intentions from the beginning-to get you to part with your hard earned money. Just do your dailies, only takes 30 mins, lower your expectations a little

Lowering my expectations would also be lowering my enjoyment of the game and in which case why not just change to something else id enjoy more. But I'll wait to see what the update brings. They haven't given us enough info yet to go by. I want to see what this new way of getting gear would be

My expectations are to collect as many toons as I can, don't really care how long it takes, and to gear them as high as I can. When the time comes when I cannot do that then I will move on. I don't care about GW or Arena rankings. I do them because I want to complete my daily activities. so my expectations are way off from anyone else's.

Nope our expectations match. I play for exactly the same reason. Just a collector, everything else is just the means to that end.

If you are a collector then what you are doing in a mobile game? Those are designed to be never ending. Lvl cap will keep increasing, gear will keep increasing, stars will keep increasing and new heroes will never stop to appear. I'm a collector myself, so if you ever find a mobile game that behaves differently, plz let me know.
  • Zoh31
    78 posts Member
    Can someone tell me what to start collecting please specifically. Like list everything please