3/31 Update Comment and Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    I spent about $3K on the game. First $100 was enjoyable, the rest...
    I'm looking at this update and increased gear requirements and feel like a fool.

I don't know which category I fall into: Whales or Dolphins - but this is just too much for someone like me!

EA will get no more $ from me. I'll only do challenges and free stuff.

Screw them, if their goal was to make me spend more, they were wrong.

What more you were doing as a whale that an f2p couldn't? Running a GQJ/Dooku team? F2p does that too. (with possible exception of a 7* RG instead of lower star one for f2p) This game has no content other than 5 battles and a chore that is called GW, which can be cleared easily by f2p. I can't believe people pay thousand dollars to do what an f2p does. Sorry but you got scammed.

How about 6 refreshes in cantina and 6 refreshes of energy? You understand the difference between p2p and f2p now? People complain about packs...yea they should...if they don't have money! Otherwise you can get everything you want in there. The gear that takes you one week to farm? Takes one hour for them. Heavy P2p are ready for anything this game throws at them at any time! I don't understand how you can be this ignorant.
  • Options
    JobiWan wrote: »
    Thank god I already have 3, YES 3!, mk 5 fusion furnaces !

I am VERY INVIOUS (not sure if I spelled that right :smile:) of you. I had to use up to 2 400 crystal reserves today to just craft 1 :-(
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

I am VERY INVIOUS (not sure if I spelled that right :smile:) of you. I had to use up to 2 400 crystal reserves today to just craft 1 :-(

And you are going to equip at level 81 just like everyone else...
  • Options
    I'm looking at this update and increased gear requirements and feel like a fool.

I don't know which category I fall into: Whales or Dolphins - but this is just too much for someone like me!

Same here, but I stopped a long time ago. I'll get the crystal boosters but then I feel horrible for doing it afterwards :smiley:
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So in 13 min it will be 1 pm. But the problem is that they said between 1 pm and 6 pm

Yes. Honestly, I feel like a 7 year old about to get a shot. Just do it and get it over with already and give me my surprise candy.

Still think EA/CG doesn't money grab? :smile:
  • Options
    I feel like gearing characters will make me quit.
  • Options
    ukdfink wrote: »
    I couldn't put my finger on it but yea nikoms565 is exactly right.

This update doesn't feel like Christmas...it feels like a trip to the dentist.

This...seriously thinking they may be reading all the abject disappointment and considering some minor tweaks! Here hoping humanity wins out....

Sorry, but if the past is any indicator of the future, it won't.
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »

What more you were doing as a whale that an f2p couldn't? Running a GQJ/Dooku team? F2p does that too. (with possible exception of a 7* RG instead of lower star one for f2p) This game has no content other than 5 battles and a chore that is called GW, which can be cleared easily by f2p. I can't believe people pay thousand dollars to do what an f2p does. Sorry but you got scammed.

So true.
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just saying, this will not be the first time they decide to rip us over. Congrats on their strategy to release the additional gear info with like 2 days which makes it hard to craft a significant amount unless (you guessed it) you spend $$$. Funny how everything else was "leaked" and data mined while the additional gear was a last minute move. Great job on their end.

Wait for the block as we are not allowed to fully "express" our opinions even though we pay $$$. Sigh* gaming companies these days ...

Last one was blocked due to "naming the company and by pass filter so this one is clean". He did say we could "express" :wink:
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Options
    Aquatronic wrote: »
    All this crying about the update. The patch notes clearly state how to easily upgrade your characters:

HEAD KNIGHT: Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery!
    ARTHUR: Not another shrubbery!
    HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place
    it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a
    two-level effect with a little path running down the middle.

Montey python?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    greenfieid wrote: »
    I feel like gearing characters will make me quit.

These are my thoughts, i might be completely wrong. But no...they will make you farm/gear up for different characters, while you get more syringes from challenges. You won't be able to gear up the attackers you probably have until level 81+. After 3 months of doing challenges you won't complain as much about gear and your attackers will be able to advance in gear. I believe this is their plan. GS is at ix gear right now...he is good because he is at ix gear. If he will stay at ix gear while characters like CT 5s get to xi gear, then he won't be that good won't he?
  • Options
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    Glad to know EA doesn't care about their players and their marketing objective seems to be scamming new players in to upgrading toons they'll regret in the future and penalize everyone for upgrading their toon even more. Sigh EA greed is so sad and they don't even bother to hide it anymore, they'll simply ignore everyone thinking they're right lol.

This game doesn't require more revenue, why? All developers do is sit there for months trying to implement 'new content' that nobody has seen since the start of this game lmao seriously they don't even play this game.. hire some new developers please who actually play the game and understand what the players want. Again your mathematicians are all greedy and f*cked in the head for assuming everyone would be okay with this **** gear grind with ABSURD % chance. Thanks EA for ruining this game community because eventually people will stop playing due to gear grind being **** and not satisfying at all. Even the whales don't want to spend money on such stupidity and sorry for them on spending so much on a game that doesn't cater to the community but again, caters only to EA MONEY GREED

That was a beautiful and accurate summary of the reality here, great to see....
  • DarthSootie
    86 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Aquatronic wrote: »
    All this crying about the update. The patch notes clearly state how to easily upgrade your characters:

HEAD KNIGHT: Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery!
    ARTHUR: Not another shrubbery!
    HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place
    it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a
    two-level effect with a little path running down the middle.

Montey python?

Ni! Monty Python :D
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    So, anyone finding themselves currently grinding Mark 1 stun cuffs and bacta gels? :)

They potentially rendered a handful of characters not upgradable in the Gear department making them useless end game. Even worse for new players farming who don't know what is up yet not knowing they're farming losers....

I'm happy that players are waking up and realizing the reality of the strategy here and how this game is being run, it's long overdue...

I've been saying this a long time now. I actually made a thread about the bad business practices and got demolished by almost everyone who commented, except a few who sent me private messages saying they agreed bc they didn't want to get destroyed also. I wonder if the same thread would have a different response now?
  • Options
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    Glad to know EA doesn't care about their players and their marketing objective seems to be scamming new players in to upgrading toons they'll regret in the future and penalize everyone for upgrading their toon even more. Sigh EA greed is so sad and they don't even bother to hide it anymore, they'll simply ignore everyone thinking they're right lol.

This game doesn't require more revenue, why? All developers do is sit there for months trying to implement 'new content' that nobody has seen since the start of this game lmao seriously they don't even play this game.. hire some new developers please who actually play the game and understand what the players want. Again your mathematicians are all greedy and f*cked in the head for assuming everyone would be okay with this **** gear grind with ABSURD % chance. Thanks EA for ruining this game community because eventually people will stop playing due to gear grind being **** and not satisfying at all. Even the whales don't want to spend money on such stupidity and sorry for them on spending so much on a game that doesn't cater to the community but again, caters only to EA MONEY GREED

Yeah you burn that strawman, burn him good you will feel better after I promise.

Devs said what?
  • Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    @Qeltar have you seen my pet bunny anywhere? he is white.. about yay.... he has fangs about this...... do you see any bones anywhere?

Ahh yes, the Holy Grail. You must be wary of this bunny for he is fierce.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    So, anyone finding themselves currently grinding Mark 1 stun cuffs and bacta gels? :)

They potentially rendered a handful of characters not upgradable in the Gear department making them useless end game. Even worse for new players farming who don't know what is up yet not knowing they're farming losers....

I'm happy that players are waking up and realizing the reality of the strategy here and how this game is being run, it's long overdue...

I've been saying this a long time now. I actually made a thread about the bad business practices and got demolished by almost everyone who commented, except a few who sent me private messages saying they agreed bc they didn't want to get destroyed also. I wonder if the same thread would have a different response now?

This is not necessarily true. They will be losers until the next cap level raise. Then they will be the meta again. Etc.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

And you are going to equip at level 81 just like everyone else...

Thought it was lvl 73?
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

This is not necessarily true. They will be losers until the next cap level raise. Then they will be the meta again. Etc.

Not sure I understand what you mean?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @SaintEaters No i am saying that even if you craft them today, they won't let you equip them until lvl 81. At 81, you might be spared from farming the additional items just because you already had them crafted. I believe they made a lot of money today. I also spent my entire crystal stash, but then i thought about it...wouldn't people quit tomorrow if they couldn't advance in gear, yet they see the same chars they have on whales from top 10 full of the next 2 lvl gears? I would. I mean what would be the point in even playing then? Start over from scratch on new chars? Wait 3 months to have a chance to beat them? No thanks! So i believe this 'craft now before it's too late' was a mistake for whoever did it.
  • Options
    Are you guys in Europe gonna wait the whole night and not sleep just to be there at the moment of the update ? :#:#:#:#
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Just till Server reset
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

*envious

You were close though! :)
  • Options
    Aiming to have the update live in the next hour. Will give another update shortly.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @SaintEaters Say you farmed for IG-86 right? He needs that Mk5 Furnace thingy to advance to gear 8 right? You won't be able to do that until level 81! Until then, meaning this next update, other characters are going to be much stronger than your IG-86. Those characters require a different type of gear other than syringes (most of them). Meanwhile you will gather syringes from challenges. At level 81, the characters you farmed and geared up in this update, will be worse than IG-86 and you won;t complain as much for gear because you will have a lot from the challenges. You understand? You will gear up your 86 at 81 and start having success with it again. And it's a circle. I believe this is their intention. And i believe they waited till last day for this exact money grab and for players not to figure things out. This is all speculation but i also believe they already have their 5 year plan and that things are going according to plan for them! They are much smarter than us.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Aiming to have the update live in the next hour. Will give another update shortly.

@EA_Jesse thanks for the update!
  • Options
    Are you guys in Europe gonna wait the whole night and not sleep just to be there at the moment of the update ? :#:#:#:#

Haha, you got me there!)))
  • Options
    *holding thumbs that the devs are delaying it to add more QOL changes*
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @SaintEaters I mean comeon! Do you really think they can fix Dooku leader ability but not Old Ben's leader ability? Haha! They planned this! Old Ben will be meta sooner rather than later! They knew QGJ is going to be preferred then Dooku. Next is Ben! Why? You will see what that 20% turn meter on dodge does.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    in the next hour. Fml. I live in sa. It's 7minutes to midnight so I guess I'm not getting xp for the dailies for today