Dark Side Battles 5 and beyond difficulty spike?

comandaben
112 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hello all, new poster to this board, i've been playing since early December after it's release and am level 55, have a couple of 4* characters and generally cruising through the game.

However, i find that it seems seemingly impossible at this stage to survive the constant AOE spam from the Jawas and the like in stage 5I, Dark Side.

My current team is:

Dooku or Old Daka followed for evasion or heals
Grand Moff Tarkin 4* for debuff and DPS
Talia 4* for healing
Savage Opress 3* to tank
Captain Phasma 4* for DPS and Debuffs
General Veers 3* for DPS and AOE block

All geared to level 6*, almost level 7*.

It seriously feels like i would need a 5+ and 6+ Old Daka and Talia because frankly, even if i went straight DPS with my team and used General Veers +20% damage buff, they would still kill me too fast.

By comparison, my light side team with Luke Skywalker, Lumi, Anakin, Mace and Chewie can auto battle through to 6 on hard when i pair up with Ima Gun Di or Barriss.

Thoughts friends?

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Have phasma as leader, and keep old daka on the team, try to put other FO people into your team and hope the old daka is the one doing the bonus attacks, cause she can stun a fair number of the opponents... It's kinda down to luck than strategy unfortunately.. In part due to how one dimensional the dark side is with damage, and little else.

Make full use of Phasma's various abilities, especially the AOE speed down
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • comandaben
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I just hate having to rely so much on RNG =/

I am upgrading Phasma further so i guess that's an extra incentive.

Even with offense down they're hitting about 700-800, it's ridiculous!

Hopefully they release some more defensive characters for the dark side, especially healers. Pretty ironic really as most of my PvP team is from the dark side and can easily burst down most teams in that setting, same for galactic war.

I'll give it a try, thanks!
  • Yeah those Jawas are crazy powerful. It is a late game difficulty spike there, and it doesn't end there either. Once you're past them and can do 5 Hard, there's a few infamous levels ahead. 5B being a nightmare to many. Be prepared to not progress there until you've got a solid and well synergizing team.
  • I just wish/hope that there was, say, a lower chance, say 50-60% chance that enemies use AOE abilities as their first attack.

Don't get me started on the pirate rodians (don't know their name) who use their AOE every... single... turn! Although that's light side so with Luminara and Barriss i'm close to unkillable in that campaign.

Personally the only reason i'm clearing the 5 dark side levels is for character shards (particularly FOT pilot and Anakin Skywalker) and some Mats, but at this rate i might just stick to light side until i get a higher level party, particularly Talia and some good allied Old Daka's.
  • comandaben
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Update!

I've geared up my characters a bit better and unlocked some really good characters (HK 47, Grand Moff Tarkin) and i'm actually clearing the dark side easier than my light side now, such great raw DPS!

Thanks for the tips fellow heroes.

I'm up to Dark Side 6 Hard side now, so getting there =)
  • comandaben wrote: »
    Update!

I've geared up my characters a bit better and unlocked some really good characters (HK 47, Grand Moff Tarkin) and i'm actually clearing the dark side easier than my light side now, such great raw DPS!

Kudos to you. Same boat here or should I say, same path to the Dark Side
  • comandaben wrote: »
    Update!

I had to do the same, so I starred Daka to 5 and I'm running a control team with as many extra attacks and stuns as I can find.

Currently: Dooku 5* lead, Sid 6*, Daka 5*, Cad 4* and
    Vader 4*. It is working but just barely and I try to borrow a good phasma.

I'm working towards a Phasma, fives, Daka, Ventress, Kylo team but it's a ways off.

Who are you running now?
  • comandaben
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    comandaben wrote: »
    Update!

I had to do the same, so I starred Daka to 5 and I'm running a control team with as many extra attacks and stuns as I can find.

Currently: Dooku 5* lead, Sid 6*, Daka 5*, Cad 4* and
    Vader 4*. It is working but just barely and I try to borrow a good phasma.

I'm working towards a Phasma, fives, Daka, Ventress, Kylo team but it's a ways off.

Who are you running now?

Sounds good bro!

I'd reccomend getting HK 47 at some point, if nothing else for the tank and AOE debuff, it's saved my butt many times in PvP and PvE and counters jedi teams hard! I'm slowly working my way to fives and Kylo =)

I also just got Vader himself, so keen to get him up to Gear 7 and see how he fairs in Galactic war and PvP, that ability block is going to be awesome!