Why do we never see Chewbacca using physical force?

I mean he's like 7'5" 180 kg's (not actual numbers) I bet he could rip off a mans face if he tried.
But he feels like a side character.
I mean, I want him to be the one to kill Kylo Ren, wouldn't that be awesome, but noooo, he gets to shoot him and then he has to go cry in a corner for the rest of the franchise.

But really though, kinda irritates me that we see more of Rey and TR 8R fighting with a stick and stun stick than we ever see Chewbacca do well, anything.

The time I've ever seen a Wookie boast physical strength was in KOTOR2 when a Wookie Bounty Hunter raged and picked up another Bounty Hunter by the neck and lifted her with one arm like an Undertaker Choke Slam.

latest?cb=20140618182134
latest?cb=20070222201851
Tarffulprofile.jpg

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• Startroopers fly threw the Space after a Wookie Shot but Kylo...take it like it is nothing...

Chewie is the most underrepresented Character of ALL Time!

Even in this Game his Weapon sux...and that's really sad...( I know he got self heal)

the only one...The mighty Chewie
  • Old_13en
    17 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    In TFA companion book, there's a scene that didn't make it to the theatrical release, where he rips someone's arm off. Not gonna say who, but it's another character introduced in TFA. Hopefully we'll get a directors cut edition Blu Ray.

Oh, and the 3rd pic isn't Chewbacca, it's Tarfful
  • Old_13en wrote: »
    In TFA companion book, there's a scene that didn't make it to the theatrical release, where he rips someone's arm off. Not gonna say who, but it's another character introduced in TFA. Hopefully we'll get a directors cut edition Blu Ray.

Oh, and the 3rd pic isn't Chewbacca, it's Tarfful

@Old_13en Yeah I know it's not him, none of those are. I just wanted to show how brutal wookies can be.

I didn't knew he ripped arms off I wanted to see that fml.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Because chewie was designed to be big beautiful soothing presence in the star wars universe - just like how jedi train in the way in the force and carry lightsabers to promote peace...
  • Because when he's not on camera, he's smokin' and groovin' to the Grateful Dead. He's an overgrown hippie. "I don't wanna rip that dudes arms off, man. We're all brothers, y'know. I love that dude, man. Cosmic."
  • trellent wrote: »
    Because when he's not on camera, he's smokin' and groovin' to the Grateful Dead. He's an overgrown hippie. "I don't wanna rip that dudes arms off, man. We're all brothers, y'know. I love that dude, man. Cosmic."

You called?

Anyway, Peter Mayhew, the actor is 71. He won't be doing anything too physical any time soon, so it would have to be cgi if they wanted to do that.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.