How do you deal with nonstop consecutive dodges?

Prev1
Specifically in GW.

There are a few nodes that no matter what I do, who I use, who I target, they'll dodge 90% of my attacks for the first 2 rounds.

How do you deal with that?

Just suck it up, and take the guaranteed losses?

Locked-RNG can be helpful, but it can also be a curse....

Replies

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    I haven't had this issue, I would probably just heal through. Sorry I'm not much help
  • I doubt anyone will be much help. Lol. Scratching my head over this one, but all I can come up with is tough it out, use Lumi's heal and push through.

=\

Happens too often to count...
  • I use a bit of profanity, smack the table and then accept that this battle requires a sacrifice. Generally for me after I give a sacrifice the next couple nodes will be much better, though not always.
    Yesterday's GW had a patch of 2 dooku leads with the usual suspects followed by a nice dooku led droid team that decided to dodge everything....

Sacrifices must be made to rng. Lol
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    I faced a dooku team in the arena that dodge every single one of my attacks.

But anyway, I had that problem the other day.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22698/most-important-gw-petittion-ever/p1

Short version, use a B team.
  • suicide squad to reset RNG?
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I retreat a lot in GW if I don't have a healer charged up. Use suicide squads too.
  • I usually switch my lead. I have a few good options at 7* like Lumi and Sidious, and QuiGon at 6*. Also, try opening on unlikely targets and with basic attacks. Sometimes it seems that the AI fights fire with fire, and basic attacks open the match more like a chess game than an aerial assault bombing.

If none of that works I'll throw a disposable tank like chewie or RG to take the beating. RG works nice since he auto-taunts.

Failing all of that I compose a B team with the sole purpose of taking out one or two toons - anything more is a bonus. Sometimes they even end up winning the match.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Arg, tough call.

I don't want to use up suicide squads or lose any members before node 7.

I have just enough fodder to waste on all the maxed out teams in nodes 8-12.

But I could try that next time. Didn't consider it, thx.(Tho I'll likely throw a fit if I get similar RNG after that...)
  • Note: I'm actually not seeing a lot of Dooku leads. But Lumi as lead seems as common as Sid lead.
    And her dodge can be ungodly. (Just doesnt have the offense up perk, thank god)

On a side note, I sometimes use Talia as lead, and her dodge is really hit-or-miss.... More often than that I'll dodge a big ZERO attacks. Then other times I'll dodge nearly everything (and heal in the process).

This dodge rate algorithm seems wild to me.... All-or-nothing. Never been a fan of that. =\
    (In most games, my strategy is to build up a fail-safe team that may not be the most damage dealing, but ensures survival under any condition. That's the strategy I tend to go with)
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    If you know that your 1. attacks will be dodged retreat and try to attack other characters first.
  • VinceG
    36 posts Member
    Enter battle with your worst char by him/herself, lose the battle, retry with new rng
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Just swap the places of some team members after you retreat. That resets the RNG.
  • Smite wrote: »
    If you know that your 1. attacks will be dodged retreat and try to attack other characters first.

When that works, I do so.

But sometimes the RNG is so extreme that no matter who I target, no matter what attack, no matter who I put on my team: its a dodgerooni... =\
  • Timitock wrote: »
    Just swap the places of some team members after you retreat. That resets the RNG.

Nope.
    Changes nothing.
  • VinceG wrote: »
    Enter battle with your worst char by him/herself, lose the battle, retry with new rng

Can't enter with less than 5 members.
    And I'd rather not sacrifice early on, but this may be the only other option. =\
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Are you using Lumi as lead?
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Since time is precious and I have a deep enough roster to replace anybody but Lumi, I will take one loss if I can replace them. I get sick and tired of playing Groundhogs Day and having POS RNG put their death touch on one or more regardless what I choose to do.
  • Timitock wrote: »
    Are you using Lumi as lead?

Nah, not enough Jedi for it to be of any use.

I stick with ventress lead most of the time.
    For some reason, she's the only one on my team who rarely ever misses.... AI must know I like her. =P
  • Only time I put lumi as lead is if I have a long battle ahead where I use Asoka and Qui Gon. But even then, I'd likely try QuiGon as lead first.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    Since time is precious and I have a deep enough roster to replace anybody but Lumi, I will take one loss if I can replace them. I get sick and tired of playing Groundhogs Day and having POS RNG put their death touch on one or more regardless what I choose to do.

That's one thing I started doing. If I lose someone precious no matter what, I'll throw in 1 or 2 goons I don't mind losing (tanks do nicely) and be done with it. Works pretty good. But if I'm not careful, I can waste my entire B-team that way and get stuck with fodder if one of my mains fall near the end.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Lumi lead gives heal over time to everyone, not just Jedi.

It plus her standard heal will be enough to maintain you through 2 rounds of pure dodge.

Healing is the key to GW.

• Second the above: Lumi lead in GW is almost a must. Use more tactical leads only when necessary.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • My night sisters can heal themselves much better than lumi's passive.
  • FuriousFrog
    118 posts Member
    edited April 2016

And I'd rather not sacrifice early on, but this may be the only other option. =\

You can enter with fewer than 5 members if you want. When you try the first time, the game warns you that you're trying to enter without a full squad. Then you just click battle a second time and the game will let you start the fight.

If your opponent is using QGJ, make sure you either kill him or have him ability blocked when you use Lumi's heal. With the new change to heal over time, QGJ can use humbling blow to remove HoT and give his team Offense Up.

• Can't enter with less than 5 members.

You can enter with fewer than 5 members if you want. When you try the first time, the game warns you that you're trying to enter without a full squad. Then you just click battle a second time and the game will let you start the fight.

Holy crap are you serious!?
    I gotta try this..... I felt so smart when I tried it and then they wouldn't let me.
    Man, this is what I get for always following directions. >_< Lol.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    You are resisting tried and true advice...

Have fun with that.

Peace.
  • FuriousFrog
    118 posts Member
    edited April 2016

I gotta try this..... I felt so smart when I tried it and then they wouldn't let me.

I figured it out by accident. I tried to use 4 toons for a suicide squad, the game said no, I said "No, I want to kill off my CUP, JKG, Snowtrooper, and Clone Sergeant!" and clicked battle again. I was so shocked when the game actually let me do it lol.
    If you just want to reset RNG, you only need to sacrifice one toon. But if you want to make a toon waste their special, you should enter with at least 3 decently leveled toons(they don't need to be starred or geared). The AI plays terribly, but it's smart enough to know it shouldn't have Poggle use his offense up special if you put in two Level 5 toons.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member

I figured it out by accident. I tried to use 4 toons for a suicide squad, the game said no, I said "No, I want to kill off my CUP, JKG, Snowtrooper, and Clone Sergeant!" and clicked battle again. I was so shocked when the game actually let me do it lol.
    If you just want to reset RNG, you only need to sacrifice one toon. But if you want to make a toon waste their special, you should enter with at least 3 decently leveled toons(they don't need to be starred or geared). The AI plays terribly, but it's smart enough to know it shouldn't have Poggle use his offense up special if you put in two Level 5 toons.

You do NOT need to suicide to reset the RNG.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Changing leader, moving toons to diff slots, even choosing a different first attack can change the whole RNG seed
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • To answer the original question, lay down and cry because I'm pretty sure all these answers are things that you already knew... If you are really feeling crazy though, you could just put your team from the tank challenge in and make them focus Daka or Dooku and hope.