This game is good...till you get to 4* characters and T6 gear.

daws901
40 posts Member
what annoys me about the gear aspect is that at tier 6 you require so many of the purple items, sometimes 20 pieces. This seems astronomically high considering their rarity ( I get probably 10-2% drops for purple gear). Almost completely dependent on the AGI, STR, and INT events every few days as so many sim tickets and energy is wasted trying to farm gear. I swear progress once you hit 4* characters (that are not farmable by reward tokens (GW, Arena etc)) just hits a brick wall. That'll be my reason for quitting, can't see how the **** you are supposed to get a 7* character if you can't buy tokens. In addition, I WOULD spend money on this game if I KNEW what I was getting, not hoping on a **** lottery and getting a load of rubbish I didnt want/ need. At present, it just seems like a throw as much money at the game and pray you get something you want.

Another gripe about this game is that some times in the Light and Dark side battles, you just come up against a flood of toons that throw all their AoE at you in one go, wiping you out fairly quickly or at least reducing you to 20% of health, particularly on the dark side this is a huge problem as there is a severe lack of healers. Why don't the developers input some variety into the toons, would make for far more interesting fights and more tactical, rather than simply trying to nuke down as many AI AoE bots as fast as possible before they can release, dim play

Replies

• ... Wait till you get to hair dryers and cuffs...
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Wait til tier 8 and further. 50 purple pieces required all over the place
  • Wait til you get to level 9001
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Those stages you mentioned are bottlenecks.
    Keep improving your A team until they have enough HP to survive the grenades/guns.

You are the second person today to express frustration here, but please be comforted by the fact we have ALL been through it.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    I haven't even started the stun cuffs which require 50 pieces. The gear that is beyond horrid is tenacity mk. 3 which require 20 pieces. My drop rate is no more than 10 percent.
    Some toons you have to realize not worth it also, take Biggs for example I hit gear 6 and stopped. I realized average toon, perhaps he gets better but time to stop. Some are easy to gear JC and fives good example.
    Good luck don't give up yet.
  • Drexnaw
    152 posts Member
    I lol'd. 20 pieces to complete a whole gear slot feels like a treat once you start farming gear 7,8 and 9.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Lack of dark side healers hurt me too in the battles where 6 Jawa shot AOEs all at once. Unless you have Daka some of those can be tough to 3*. Talia's heal is ok but since it drains her HP she often sacrifices herself.

The AI has a stormtrooper that heals the entire party. That should have been one of the first things offered to players. I'd actually farm something like that instead of this magmatrooper they just dropped on us.
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    To be honest, if tier 6 gets to you, I think it's better to look elsewhere, this game will drive you insane at later tiers
  • I love when people's bad strategy don't works and they cry that a game is broken or sucks, it's more like your tactics suck
  • Welcome to the forum.
    I disagree,I thought that after 4*'s and G6 things start to get interesting. Decisions have to be made. :)
    But that's just me.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Welcome to the forum.
    I disagree,I thought that after 4*'s and G6 things start to get interesting. Decisions have to be made. :)
    But that's just me.

You mean like whether to continue with the game or not? :smile: No, i am sure they will allow some other forms of acquiring gear. MK4 sorosub keypad, syringes and cuffs right now are a pain.
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    I think each piece of gear should only require one hair dryer in each slot...it should be incredibly easy to get to max gear for EVERYONE. Wouldn't that be fun? We could all be lvl 80 full gear in minutes...oh boy, it would be so much fun
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Millennials!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Wait til you get to level 9001

over9000.jpg
  • Alexone wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum.
    But that's just me.

You mean like whether to continue with the game or not? :smile: No, i am sure they will allow some other forms of acquiring gear. MK4 sorosub keypad, syringes and cuffs right now are a pain.

Who knows, there might be new stuff at level 72 when the new daily challenges open up. ;)

• Randall
    1001 posts Member
    ... Wait till you get to hair dryers and cuffs...

QFT
  • 20 is not even that high... And dark side battles are a joke they are so easy just use the standard droid team plus daka: hk47 (L) ig88 ig86 poggle daka. Then throw in a Sid Ally for even more damage. Once I started useing this team dark side became super easy the only one I can't beat is the 4th and final battle in stage 7 hard but once I get my characters stared up more I'm sure I can beat it.

Now as far as light side battles go I can't speak for that as all my light side characters are some what weak atm besides 7 lumi.