Did they change the challenges!?

Prev1
Mstrdrgn1012
441 posts Member
edited April 2016
For the first time EVER, in the training droids challenge, Boba actually resisted ALL status effects for the entire fight. AND his heal bot managed to heal him fully from the brink of death.

I know that's part of the challenge. But up until now, the tier-5 challenge never had a chance to heal, either due to heal-immunity being constantly stacked on him, and the fact that the heal bot usually attacks on turn 1.

But the 100% resist is new to me....

Was it recently changed? Or is it just part of my constant ridiculous bad luck? (First arena fight had 100% crit rate and ~40% dodge today.... Not a good start)
Post edited by Mstrdrgn1012 on

Replies

• Dunno if that was sarcasm... But if not, I'm actually for it.
    Doesnt make much of a difference, but at least that's how it seems to me it should've been all along.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Yes they steatlh-buffed Bobba and also nerfed all your toons.
    Not everybody's toons, just yours specifically.

EA also killed your dog and stole your bike by the way.
    Hide your wife, they might be coming for her soon...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes, they seemed to have buffed the challenges. I started a thread on the Boba one specifically (actually concerned that perhaps they had nerfed Sid). It seems as though none of the heal blocks are sticking. Also, Savage Opress has been resisting stuns that usually land in the healer challenge as well. I run Daka, Eeth Koth and Dooku - and Savage would never even get to move, now I have to heal several times. All Tier V.

Still complete them - just takes longer and can't auto and walk away.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Man.... They killed my dog? But he died like 14 years ago....

I just assumed they fixed it. Since I'd never seen him heal even when I tried to let him heal just to see. Never.
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Still easy just auto turn phone over and walk away not a challenge at all.
  • Sikho wrote: »

They actually did change the challenge. Boba seems to resist all debuffs now. So troll elsewhere. This doesn't look like some complain/nerf thread. It's just an observation
  • Cyclops wrote: »

I think you misunderstood.

Those challenges are auto-easy, yes.
    I just noticed for the first time ever he resisted 100% and actually healed for the first time. Ever.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    It is even worse with Savage. I only have Talia, Phasma and Dooku's specials to put debuff and now it has been almost impossible to land a debuff. Now I can only rely on luck to survive long enough to have him jump 4 times to "self kill" his health to 0. I often ends up with only 1 or 2 guys with 0 hp winning the challenge, or lose.
  • Mstrdrgn1012
    441 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Funny thing is, info still says "bring characters with healing immunity debuffs!" Lol. Nope. Doesn't work anymore

(2/2 on 100% resists so far today)
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    It only seems "buffed" because you are at equal level now. Wait till 80 and overgeared then you can auto in peace again and listen to complaints that the challenges are too easy.
  • Waxx25
    62 posts Member
    I haven't noticed any changes, they always resisted ability/heal before and they continue to do so, that's when you just push the auto button and relax.
  • I noticed some of the existing levels have harder opponents for the first two stages. I'm not talking about the new levels. I haven't gotten to those yet.
  • LMYYYKS wrote: »
    It is even worse with Savage. I only have Talia, Phasma and Dooku's specials to put debuff and now it has been almost impossible to land a debuff. Now I can only rely on luck to survive long enough to have him jump 4 times to "self kill" his health to 0. I often ends up with only 1 or 2 guys with 0 hp winning the challenge, or lose.

But savage hurts himself every time he does his mass critical thing. Just take turns healing.

I usually rely on ventress's stun and talia's debuff to put the hurt on him (10k per hit while debuffed), but if he too gets 100% resist, it'll just take longer that's all.

(Missed out on the challenges yesterday, so today's my first time noticing this)
  • Mittens wrote: »
    It only seems "buffed" because you are at equal level now. Wait till 80 and overgeared then you can auto in peace again and listen to complaints that the challenges are too easy.

I've been at 70 for a while, still managed to apply healing immunity every turn with Sid up until today.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    I usually kill him before he or his droids get a turn, but I don't think that I've landed a single debuff on him today. They very well may have buffed his tenacity. I suspect the next tier will be pretty difficult at lvl 84 if this is the case.

Though it is going to be a while before we see the next cap raise and, even then, the game/meta could change drastically a few times by then.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Mittens wrote: »

I've been at 70 for a while, still managed to apply healing immunity every turn with Sid up until today.

Sid seems to be broken. Even farming level 60s for laptops, his aoe will get resisted on everyone. And his debuff rarely sticks, even at 10+ levels below him. Seems to work fine in GW though, but for missions and challenges, I don't see it that much. Don't see him enough in arena to test. May be fine versus players but not anyone else?
  • I noticed the same thing
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2016
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Cyclops wrote: »

I think you misunderstood.

Those challenges are auto-easy, yes.
    I just noticed for the first time ever he resisted 100% and actually healed for the first time. Ever.
    Why does it matter though it's still easy even if you can't heal block.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Sikho wrote: »

Actually they did change boba, he's almost impossible to debuff now.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    I noticed this in the healing challenge but I thought it was just really bad luck but maybe not if others have the same problem. I run 4 stunners and qgj against him but I wasn't landing the stuns
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    you can still apply debuffs to boba. anakin and kylo were able to put healing immunity and dots respectively
    mighty chlorians
  • Actually now that I've gone and done the challenge myself your right. It's a 100% resist rate.
    Oh and dooku and lumi's stun and ability block won't activate ever. Even tho the ability block is 100% chance. Still glitched.
  • What resist rate? I just burst Boba down with my Anakin-lead jedi team before any of his droids can do anything. On auto. As always.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    For the first time EVER, in the training droids challenge, Boba actually resisted ALL status effects for the entire fight. AND his heal bot managed to heal him fully from the brink of death.

I know that's part of the challenge. But up until now, the tier-5 challenge never had a chance to heal, either due to heal-immunity being constantly stacked on him, and the fact that the heal bot usually attacks on turn 1.

But the 100% resist is new to me....

Was it recently changed? Or is it just part of my constant ridiculous bad luck? (First arena fight had 100% crit rate and ~40% dodge today.... Not a good start)

Yes, this last update changed the challenges and RNG. Since the update last week, my Sid had not successfully landed an AOE or heal block against a boss on any of the challenges. They have all been resisted.
  • Rysterical wrote: »
    What resist rate? I just burst Boba down with my Anakin-lead jedi team before any of his droids can do anything. On auto. As always.

oh, don't get me wrong, I can just burst him down too, it's just a bit crazy to seem him resist literally any debuff known to this game, even at 100% chance to inflict. It's pretty nuts whether you defeat him or not. :p

• I still auto but on final encounter I click on healing droid first once he's dead Boba dies off fairly quickly.
  • Phasma speed down can be applied, dont ask me why.
    Anyway left droid give boba ptency UP while right droid fully heal boba
    the cake is a lie
  • Lol. First response was sarcastic and laughing at me when others slowly realize I was right.

Haha, that's the best feeling. ^_^

Tho still, doesn't change much for this challenge. He can still be defeated before pulling off a heal, or you can go the safe route and take out heal bot first.

Except they gotta change the description from "bring characters with healing immunity debuff" to "take him out before he can heal" or "take out the healing droid"