Double Attack Hits Through Foresight

This is a different, and seemingly contradictory issue than the other foresight thread that is currently under discussion. I've run into a scenario where Dooku's Double Attack will hit through foresight if the first attack missed.

For example:
1) Both teams are using Dooku lead (so evasion bonus, offense up on evade). Both teams are level 70.
2) Towards the end of the battle, only toons alive are Rey vs. Dooku. Rey is low on health.
3) Dooku attacks Rey, and Rey evades. This is made quite obvious because Rey gains Offense Up. Rey still has foresight on after the evasion, plus the new Offense Up.
4) Dooku procs a double attack, and hits through Rey's foresight, killing her.

Now, is it a bug that the foresight buff did not disappear from above Rey's head after step 3, or is it a bug that Dooku's double attack hit through foresight? Either way, there seems to be something wrong.

Replies

• Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    1) You cannot evade without losing Foresight.
    2) Foresight icon disappears with some delay. I believe you've lost you foresight after first attack but the icon hasn't disappeared yet.
    3) I guess it works as proper when the second attack of double-attack hits the target after the first one has removed your foresight.
    4) We do have some bug with foresight, namely: if it is not a double attack like Dooku's, Fisto's or Greedo's one, but calling for assist, both attackers miss. At least, I think that it is a bug, bc if it works as intended now, I can't see logic behind it.
  • double attacks are two different attacks. the first attack triggers a second one. as such, the first one removes foresight, and triggers a second one that hits after foresight is gone.

with assist attacks, both attacks are considered part of a single skill, so both are evaded by foresight.
  • Alita wrote: »
    double attacks are two different attacks. the first attack triggers a second one. as such, the first one removes foresight, and triggers a second one that hits after foresight is gone.

with assist attacks, both attacks are considered part of a single skill, so both are evaded by foresight.

So has foresight just become worthless? Since nearly every top tier team runs a multi hit toon then toons like Rey and Yoda who depend on foresight to survive are almost always go My to be vulnerable and killed quick.
  • jtveclipse12
    158 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Its a bug with the icon. Dooku's bonus attack is a 2nd attack. So when he hits the first time foresight dodges the attack. Now it should fall off, but for some reason the buff still shows if dooku bonus attacks.

Get your own dooku and hit the enemy dooku. Watch what happens when your dooku bonus attacks.... good chance the enemy dooku will hit yours 4 times and easily get full turn meter to go again.
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    Alita wrote: »
    double attacks are two different attacks. the first attack triggers a second one. as such, the first one removes foresight, and triggers a second one that hits after foresight is gone.

Regarding assist attack: it's definitely how game mechanic understands it now, yes. Because right now, even if first attack kills the character, assisting hero still makes their hit. Assisting character even can miss after that but the target dies anyway. Indeed, assisting attack very fits to your own explanation: first (initial) skill attack triggers assisting attack. And to my mind, they should operate in the same manner like double-attack does.

So has foresight just become worthless? Since nearly every top tier team runs a multi hit toon then toons like Rey and Yoda who depend on foresight to survive are almost always go My to be vulnerable and killed quick.
    What dangerous multi-hit heroes do you know? Dooku deals too little damage to pose a huge threat for non-jedies with his double attack. FOTP and Leia - yes, but they are not so common. Fisto isn't our winner either. Greedo? And if you are talking about calling-for-assist heroes, atm foresight protects from both attacks, as it was stated above.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Alita wrote: »

Absolutely not. Foresight still results in ~50% of the damage being avoided. To put that in perspective that's allows her to be multi hit with Dooku who has offense up causing her to take enough damage that RG pops taunt allowing her to be protected from direct attacks, yet still survive most AOE, compared being outright killed or hit to a point where an AOE would finish her off.
  • Alita wrote: »

i wouldn't say that they're worthless. fotp and leia are the only ones you would need to be concerned about, and both have recently fallen out of favor. they are both still used, but less so now. with the new meta changes, they may make a return?

geo and qgj assist attacks are still fully covered, and those are what cause the early kills. since rey's multi hit attacks are a single skill, they also are covered.

• Foresight is still an easy way to get offense up with dooku lead.
  • There's still something funky with double hits though.

Today enemy Dooku double-hit my Dooku (with a regular attack, not a counter). I think he either hit the first and missed the second, or the other way around. Either way, my Dooku didn't counter.

It's pretty hard to test out multiple scenarios myself - can any other players (or devs) confirm?