Replies

• I wouldn't throw 30k at a mobile game... wonder how his friends and family feel about that.
  • That guy runs a YouTube channel that pulls in something like 50k a month. His mobile spending is a business expense.
  • PotatoMan wrote: »
    I wouldn't throw 30k at a mobile game... wonder how his friends and family feel about that.

Considering that he makes much more than that I think they don't care that much but yup 30k for 2 mobile games. I wish I had 30k for anything lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    PotatoMan wrote: »
    I wouldn't throw 30k at a mobile game... wonder how his friends and family feel about that.

You didn't read the whole article, did you?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sometimes I wish I had personality or charm to have a channel that succeeds that much. Sigh
    I hope he's investing his money into some investments just in case the popularity dies down
  • DestructusKloud
    103 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    “I’ve never regretted it, because YouTube is my job,” he said. “It’s a business expense, and I gotta show off all the coolest s**t for my subscribers, ya digg?”

Ahahahaha! Best response to an interview ever! xD
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    this is nothing. in chinese gaming industry, rich kids would spend a million RMB (160k USD) on a sword, without blink of an eye. lol.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

They think...hey great job, man!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    There was an article on a guy who was playing that game for over 2 years i think. He said he spent over 200k on it.
  • moved to off topic, but very interesting read.
  • Smart and lucky. Dude gets to do something fun and make boat loads of cash doing it. That's living the dream.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I did, it's just that spending that much on mobile games baffles me. Then again, I don't have that kind of money to spend, or a successful YouTube channel so I don't really understand.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016

He makes much more on his Youtube channels.
    But again, $30K across these two games? That still sound insane. But when you measure it against the strength and probable earnings of Pat’s channel, it’s actually a relative drop in the bucket.

Anyways, there are rich people in the world, you know? You want to know how folks feel about their rich relatives and friends spending on caviar and champagne breakfasts, spa for the pet, designer handbags, DJ parties, other entertainment etc etc too? A friend has spent more than 30k on Clash of Clans. I feel nothing about that. His money, his entertainment. Me, I don't have the inclination nor the resources to do that. But I feel absolutely nothing about how he's spending his hard earned money. Except, you know, it's nice to have that kinda spending power.

Edit: Clash of Clans is censored, the short form. I love this forum, haha!
  • Lol, most of the mobile game whales are probably YouTube channels. It would be neat to see the percent of mobile game whale who are just your average Joe and not a YouTube channel.
  • I've been playing clash of clans for a while and just started clash royale. And the game is fun but it's a total money grab. If you think this game is p2w try playing CR in the higher arenas :sweat: Oh and chiefpat isn't the best CR player, he finished somewhere in the top 20. Some mega whales from china took 1 and 2.

• PotatoMan wrote: »

He makes much more on his Youtube channels.
    But again, $30K across these two games? That still sound insane. But when you measure it against the strength and probable earnings of Pat’s channel, it’s actually a relative drop in the bucket.

Anyways, there are rich people in the world, you know? You want to know how folks feel about their rich relatives and friends spending on caviar and champagne breakfasts, spa for the pet, designer handbags, DJ parties, other entertainment etc etc too? A friend has spent more than 30k on Clash of Clans. I feel nothing about that. His money, his entertainment. Me, I don't have the inclination nor the resources to do that. But I feel absolutely nothing about how he's spending his hard earned money. Except, you know, it's nice to have that kinda spending power.

Edit: Clash of Clans is censored, the short form. I love this forum, haha!

I think I understand a bit better. (I can be a little slow and confused these days)
  • I've been playing clash of clans for a while and just started clash royale. And the game is fun but it's a total money grab. If you think this game is p2w try playing CR in the higher arenas :sweat: Oh and chiefpat isn't the best CR player, he finished somewhere in the top 20. Some mega whales from china took 1 and 2.

My friend the Clash of Clan whale isn't top anything. He's just 90% of his 50 member clan and spent only for Clan Wars. His wife and him are always warring. Whatever rocks their boat I guess. I stopped playing that game after the last Dec (I think) update which kinda forced me to play everyday or drop tons of cash if I wanted to progress. Funny thing was I was playing everyday but couldn't when the game forced me to. Says something about human nature right there...
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    If Pat has an LLC, the IAP's are a major write off.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....