4/4 Teaser Discussion Megathreads (Guild, Guild Chat, and Raid confirmed)

Replies

• Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Oootini wrote: »
    Drayden wrote: »
    Well that was quite overhyped... I actually had to laugh after the 7 second trailer which by the way a 3 year old could have done better with Adobe.

I dunno I thought it was masterfully hyped, they only needed say 3 or 4 words to get the forums nattering like a bunch of grannies getting their hair permed. the players did all the hype themselves.

This. The community is at fault for this one, and not for the first time

Oh BULLSQUAT. If they actually produced any CONTENT in a reasonable manner, and provided actual USEFUL INFORMATION, people wouldn't spend so much time getting worked up over useless announcements and incredibly bad trailers.

I am in complete agreement with you. But it didn't justify our behaviour sometimes
  • Options
    I'm actually seething about how much of a let down that was. I hope Jesse was under instruction to do that. Besides which, the video is pants and offers no real insight. Pathetic really. Still love the game though!
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Now I realize why Supercell doesn't say anything for months on end about new content in clash of clans. Because the cynics take it and change it in whatever way they feel fit. You get your hopes up about something that was never promised. You're pretty much the same as the guy who buys a lotto ticket and then fantasizes about all the things he's gonna buy.

Dude, they gave us a progress patch (lvl to 80) and then blocked character progress by requiring items that are not yet in the game to progress. This isn't people upset with a future patch, this is people upset with their inability to progress (especially when others have that ability).

Even if this was a major reveal of everything coming, but the "gear" changes were 3 weeks away, you would still see the rage.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Stop this nonsense. The only people who "implied" that were forum people.

True. But this started immediately after that update was posted. Our community manager could have defused it just as immediately.
    "Monday will feature a big announcement, not an update."
    There. That's it. All that had to be said, and would have been the end of it.
    Nobody thought of that? Too difficult? Or just couldn't be bothered?
    This isn't an announcement. It's not even a teaser. It's self-parody.

I agree with that aspect of it. There have been numerous opportunities for the devs or the "people in the know" to jump on to the forums and clarify things. There have also been many opportunities for them to communicate better, put out fires, stop baseless rumors, etc.

That point I am certainly NOT defending them on.

But to the extent that a one liner, posted on a Friday, was completely blown out of proportion by the forums, by Monday by the time most of them arrived back at work, is not totally their fault.

And the content of the announcement (i.e. Guilds + new game play) - not the quality of the video - is actually a good thing.

It was blown out of proportion because players are frustrated. Its was consoling themselves, "there-there" there is something good coming, like we havent wasted 3 months of our time and for some others money on this game. There is something good happening. We were excited about level cap increase, no gear, aaah its ok, we will get some new tables/features.

But no, what we get is nothing literally. Many people in this forum will prepare a better trailer than the one they released. We needed vision, the future plan, on how EA/CG are going to keep the current player base.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Now I realize why Supercell doesn't say anything for months on end about new content in clash of clans. Because the cynics take it and change it in whatever way they feel fit. You get your hopes up about something that was never promised. You're pretty much the same as the guy who buys a lotto ticket and then fantasizes about all the things he's gonna buy.

Dude, they gave us a progress patch (lvl to 80) and then blocked character progress by requiring items that are not yet in the game to progress. This isn't people upset with a future patch, this is people upset with their inability to progress (especially when others have that ability).

Even if this was a major reveal of everything coming, but the "gear" changes were 3 weeks away, you would still see the rage.

+1 this is the problem here
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    EROSIONE wrote: »
    Lol nice update... Wait the huge knew was just another little news of something that will happen in a month... Ok so HOW THE HELL DO WE FARM THINGS THAT DO NOT EXIST YET?

Please list the pieces of gear which you can actually equip that you do not have access to.

As I've said, I'm am usually at the front of the line when the opportunity to rip EA/CG a new one presents itself (and it has, many times) - but complaining about the fact that you can't farm gear you can't even equip yet is pretty weak. Especially when it has been expressly mentioned in the updates that the new gear requirements will be "acquired in a different way through brand new and exciting features." - which may even be related to this very announcement.

CG/EA does enough things to be frustrated by - but making up reasons to be annoyed is just silly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    And the content of the announcement (i.e. Guilds + new game play) - not the quality of the video - is actually a good thing.

Sorry, where did you see this exactly? It wasn't in the 17-second nothing-video I watched?
    Didn't you just admonish everyone for reading things into things that weren't there? :)

+1
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    Options
    I'm stoked, if it's raid or whatever. We get to slap around a bloody Rancor.
  • Options
    And I was logging on here to cheer myself up after The Walking Dead season 6 finale! In fact most of your comments on this "Big Nothing!" have actually achieved it. Thank you SWGoH forum, you were my only hope.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    So when the announcement says "big things coming your way later this month," I'm guessing that just means a bigger teaser trailer coming later this month.
  • Options
    So the "something big" was a 15 second trailer showing nothing? So no answers for how do I get this new gear that's required for my toons? No answer to Omega mats? This is a big ****, and I am an **** for thinking it'd be anything else.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    What makes me laugh are the people who deleted their accounts and restarted.

They are gonna have a really tough time if they havent got lots of 7* characters
  • Options
    If only we could convert all the rage on this post to the dark side characters in the game.
    would be amazing.
  • Options
    I don't care what it is, I'm more concerned about the "what is a rancor" posts, and the "it's the thing like fought " Jesus people, do you like starwars?

Back on topic! Hopefully some awesome boss type fight. Maybe even Jabba's palace type deal with something like Hutt contracts like in battlefront
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    OniRenkai wrote: »
    This trailer is insulting

How can you be insulted by a trailer? It's a teaser... What were you expecting?

It was implied that we might be getting a fix to the massive precrafting gear problem but instead they give us a trailer for something for the end of the month. I'm sure a lot of people were expecting a fix to the gear problem in which case giving us a teaser trailer really does suck

Stop this nonsense. The only people who "implied" that were forum people. It's not EA/CG's fault that people took a one line post about an announcement coming Monday and made it into a "we're going to fix everything" pie-in-sky hope and dream.

If you would like to prove me wrong, find one post from a developer that suggests that today's announcement was going to be what you just implied.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The amount of wishful thinking and people weaving all sorts of ideas and fantasies out of developer one-liners, is too **** high.

When devs add more gear and toons, these people go "boo, we want new content", then they get teasers for new content and they go "boo, what we really want is more ways to get gear". I don't really think there is a way to please these people.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    So when the announcement says "big things coming your way later this month," I'm guessing that just means a bigger teaser trailer coming later this month.

At the end of the month we will get a 30 second trailer instead of 15...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Sorry, where did you see this exactly? It wasn't in the 17-second nothing-video I watched?
    Didn't you just admonish everyone for reading things into things that weren't there? :)

C'mon, you're better than this. It's in the description just above the video:

"This update adds exciting new features that will have you playing with other players like never before."

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    well... was hoping for ships or something else. what can this really mean? Just a fight against a big monster?

Maybe it will be an event to unlock RotJ Luke... Like yoda... Nah, probably not
  • Options
    Why is everyone so mad? I actually liked the teaser. They didn't lie, it's something big. The rancor implies new game modes (=new content). I was getting bored with gw, arena and the grind. Something new is good!
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Raids are fun, but even if it is a boss raid, and even if this solves the gear issue we still have nothing to be hype or glad for. The gear issue is NOW, and so it needs to be address now, not at the end of the month.
  • Options
    Please list the pieces of gear which you can actually equip that you do not have access to.

I will be l73 in 5 days. MK 5 CEC Fusion Furnace?
  • Options
    The culture of secrecy is endemic in the games industry, when I worked for Blizzard I was required to sign a non disclosure agreement that stated I wasn't allowed to discuss the terms of a previous non disclosure agreement and unfortunately they often need it because the industry is so bloody amd a good idea will be stolen by every competitor eventually. so hiding things from the players is par for the course.
  • Options

"This update adds exciting new features that will have you playing with other players like never before."

I was about to post this. Def hints at more than just this Rancor thing... unless they take one Rancor, and double it. So you fight two Rancors.

I don't think it will be ships though because if it was, that would probably have been their teaser video heh. W/e it is, fingers crossed for more daily play time in this game.
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    Options
    AKK889 wrote: »
    The part where he says "will have you playing with other players like never before" makes me drool.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. When has anything we've been promised been even remotely as good as they hyped it to be?

Maybe they are waiting for you to quit :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

You actually are doing exactly what you said others shouldn't have been doing. This may or may not refer to guilds. You are choosing to read that into it.
    Since we actually have NO interaction with players right now, it could be ANYTHING related to interplay and still be true.
    And "new feature" similarly could be anything.
    This announcement announces exactly nothing. Which is exactly what I predicted would happen.
    You also know better than this. CG is all hype and no delivery.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder what devs are thinking about this thread. Probably laughing at us right now. You know what jokes on you. We knew it was nothing hahahha
    Ps: No we didn't :'(
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    The announcement on the 1st was poorly written. The line about new ways to get gear that is missing should not have been in the paragraph with the Monday update verbiage. It caused many to believe that a fix/method to progress gear would be at the very least revealed.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    It WAS and announcement of an announcement! Extrapolating here but this looks like cooperative/guild raids are coming.

I think your right. It did say something about a whole new way to play or player interaction or something, so guild/Co-Op sounds about right.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Have to give the Dev's credit. They sure know how to not commit to something they may have to bail on later. This way they can make it what they want if what they were planning to release fails.