4/4 Teaser Discussion Megathreads (Guild, Guild Chat, and Raid confirmed)

Replies

• Arijit
    510 posts Member
    If we are getting free gears on defending this trailer I will also defend it.
    What an awesome trailer Yeah!! Kudos to EA/CG. Good job guys.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    C'mon, you're better than this. It's in the description just above the video:

"This update adds exciting new features that will have you playing with other players like never before."
    You actually are doing exactly what you said others shouldn't have been doing. This may or may not refer to guilds. You are choosing to read that into it.
    Since we actually have NO interaction with players right now, it could be ANYTHING related to interplay and still be true.
    And "new feature" similarly could be anything.
    This announcement announces exactly nothing. Which is exactly what I predicted would happen.

Fine. Forget it. You're right. You win the internet.

Have fun leading the rage train. Amazon sells pitchforks and torches. Have fun storming the castle with the rest of those who are upset because EA/CG didn't come through with a forum-imagined promise of an update.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Duckoo wrote: »
    Have to give the Dev's credit. They sure know how to not commit to something they may have to bail on later. This way they can make it what they want if what they were planning to release fails.

What are you talking about? I want that door so bad now. I'll quit if it doesn't come. I am starting to invest on that asap
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    I think this announcement finally made me realise this game will never be what I want it to be.

It may be time to spend half an hour instead of hours playing this game, which is a shame.
    {RotE}
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Ahahahahaha! Oh man. That was the big announcement?! An announcement for future announcements of announcements? Wowzers.

Ironically, the Rancor is basically a big troll.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    this is incredibly depressing. Running into 151 speed reys without any way to get mine any higher is just weird. Everyone who hits 73 (unless they precrafted) will be stuck at gear.

That's what I said was going to happen when I saw the gear req changes. I managed to scramble together 1 furnace and 3 mk5 Droid callers (I did these a long time ago though bc I had a lot of extra of the required items), but I can't decide who to give the furnace to. I know who I want to give it to but I'm frightened that if I don't give it to Rey I'll get crushed by 151 speed reys.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nonemo wrote: »
    DV_27 wrote: »
    OniRenkai wrote: »
    This trailer is insulting

How can you be insulted by a trailer? It's a teaser... What were you expecting?

It was implied that we might be getting a fix to the massive precrafting gear problem but instead they give us a trailer for something for the end of the month. I'm sure a lot of people were expecting a fix to the gear problem in which case giving us a teaser trailer really does suck

Stop this nonsense. The only people who "implied" that were forum people. It's not EA/CG's fault that people took a one line post about an announcement coming Monday and made it into a "we're going to fix everything" pie-in-sky hope and dream.

If you would like to prove me wrong, find one post from a developer that suggests that today's announcement was going to be what you just implied.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The amount of wishful thinking and people weaving all sorts of ideas and fantasies out of developer one-liners, is too **** high.

When devs add more gear and toons, these people go "boo, we want new content", then they get teasers for new content and they go "boo, what we really want is more ways to get gear". I don't really think there is a way to please these people.

Wait a minute, full stop. Here's what the dude said:
    EA_Jesse wrote:
    I wanted to clarify something important about the recent change to Tiers of gear. As some players have noticed, a few of these pieces of gear are currently not obtainable through the same means that other gear is acquired. Instead, these new pieces will be acquired in a different way through brand new and exciting features. We can’t talk about them just yet, but keep an eye out on Monday for something…big.

So either he was implying that there was something big coming out Monday, which will address the gear issues, or that was one of the worst, most logically misleading sentences ever constructed by an official spokesperson.

That would be like me telling my kid, "Cheer up little dude, your birthday is coming tomorrow, and I know you really want that bike and you've been a really great kid. So keep an eye out for something tomorrow morning in the garage."

And then I leave the garbage can out there in the garage, and when he goes in there I tell him, "Hey, it's trash day, could you take that out for me?? What? Why are you crying, I never said anything about giving you a bike! I just acknowledged that you wanted one, and juxtaposed an unrelated sentence at the end, which only you implied that it was related to getting you a new bike. Well, there was an ad for a new bike in that trash, and Christmas is coming soon!"

• GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Lol they tricked you all into thinking rancor
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    GOfish52 wrote: »
    Lol they tricked you all into thinking rancor

While it was actually....
  • GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Clearly guilds or clans. It represents the Hutt clan. And Jesse said playing with other players like never before.... Put together the clues and u get clans
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Unless there's something in the animated Clone Wars and things that I missed. If we're talking about original canon, that gate and whatever is smashing things behind it can be only one thing in my mind.
    wSnPLUE.jpg

Am I wrong?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • That's what came to my mind. :)
  • Updated a section of my Developer Update post:

"Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing more information on our next major update which will launch towards the end of this month. This is our biggest update yet that includes Guilds, Raids, Guild Chat and more. Raids will introduce new rewards you can’t get anywhere else, including new pieces of gear. We can't wait to get it into your hands and hear what you think!"

Also to answer the question, yes, gear that is currently not showing up when doing reverse lookup will come from raids.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Updated a section of my Developer Update post:

"Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing more information on our next major update which will launch towards the end of this month. This is our biggest update yet that includes Guilds, Raids, Guild Chat and more. Raids will introduce new rewards you can’t get anywhere else, including new pieces of gear. We can't wait to get it into your hands and hear what you think!"

Also to answer the question, yes, gear that is currently not showing up when doing reverse lookup will come from raids.

@EA_Jesse - Thank you. Nicely done and much appreciated.

B)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Thank you Jesse. Haha, that is good info.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »

Thank you for the response! :smiley:
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Fine. Forget it. You're right. You win the internet.

Have fun leading the rage train.

I'm actually not raging. I'm laughing.
    Over on the Reddit (where I mostly post now, due to the lack of trolls) someone asked what to expect today. Want to see what I wrote?

--
    My prediction:
    1. Forums fill up with increasing amounts of speculation, questions and complaints (underway).
    2. Everyone gets increasingly antsy each hour waiting for something "big" to happen.
    3. People outside the United States complain on the official forums that it's already Tuesday there, because time zones are apparently a difficult concept.
    4. Late in the day, Jesse posts some minor teaser about some future "big" feature, with no actual timeline.
    5. Everyone freaks out, complaining that we were promised an update (we weren't) and that the teaser doesn't tell us anything (which has been true of nearly all of their teasers.)
    --

Did I miss on anything?
    The only thing that is upsetting is the amazing potential of this product being squandered by incompetent and uncaring management (and make no mistake, management is where the blame lies, not developers, not QA, not whoever made that trailer).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • One month waiting for the new gear? I still can't believe it.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Guilds, Raids, Guild Chats <3
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Hype it up!

wSnPLUE.jpg
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »

Sounds unreal....... should of said that before still think its craaap about the gear because this is a huge problem atm.... could of done it for higher tiers to stop the precrafting edge.....
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member

Thank you! That is actual information.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member

Thanks for the update. Are you saying that the lvl 73 gear will not be available till this patch is released? Even if I am hitting 73 tomorrow?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Bent I just realized there's another thread sort of on this. Sorry for the added traffic. I just get so excited to post sometimes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    --

Did I miss on anything?

Yes, EA_Jesse's clarification. Which lists Guilds. You are usually right. But not this time. ;)

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member

Cool! Guilds and raids is exactly what we needed. Can't wait for this update!
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nonemo wrote: »
    DV_27 wrote: »
    OniRenkai wrote: »
    This trailer is insulting

How can you be insulted by a trailer? It's a teaser... What were you expecting?

It was implied that we might be getting a fix to the massive precrafting gear problem but instead they give us a trailer for something for the end of the month. I'm sure a lot of people were expecting a fix to the gear problem in which case giving us a teaser trailer really does suck

Stop this nonsense. The only people who "implied" that were forum people. It's not EA/CG's fault that people took a one line post about an announcement coming Monday and made it into a "we're going to fix everything" pie-in-sky hope and dream.

If you would like to prove me wrong, find one post from a developer that suggests that today's announcement was going to be what you just implied.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The amount of wishful thinking and people weaving all sorts of ideas and fantasies out of developer one-liners, is too **** high.

When devs add more gear and toons, these people go "boo, we want new content", then they get teasers for new content and they go "boo, what we really want is more ways to get gear". I don't really think there is a way to please these people.

Yeah I actually agree with @Nonemo here. It's been a week guys, how much can we really expect in a week? As for gear, yeah the hate is warranted, but how segregated is the playerbase really? Maybe 1% knew about the precrafting?
    Yeah the gear was a <deleted language>, but that's unrelated to this update...
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • The trailer asked if I was ready. Since I have no freaking idea what is coming, I will guess no. But since "something" might come to us in about a month, I may or may not be more ready than I am now. Lol
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    HECK YESSSS
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    --

Did I miss on anything?

Yes, EA_Jesse's clarification. Which lists Guilds. You are usually right. But not this time. ;)

Actually, I was right. Only after the freakout (list item 5) did he come in and actually provide useful information.
    But hey, as long as it happened. :)