should i use poggle?

just found a 4* poggle and im not sure whether he could fit my team. currently i have

leader: 4* ima gun di
4* obi wan
6* lumi
5* consular
4* sidious

i am currently farming ig-86, poggle, sidious, and fives

should i use poggle? and if so who should i swap out? open to any suggestions!

Replies

• Poogle helped me to raise from top 100 to top 5.

His buff is insane. 50% more power for 3 turns.

Dooku counteratacks with buff hurt.

Luminara hits easily 7k when crits with special.

Sidius aoe with buff crits for 3k.

I can beat teams 2-3k more power than mine if I dont get ability block.

I would take ima gun di out as leader, put sidius as leader and add Poogle instead of Ima.
    At least for offense.
    Ally code 632-517-719
  • I'd
    Poogle helped me to raise from top 100 to top 5.

His buff is insane. 50% more power for 3 turns.

Dooku counteratacks with buff hurt.

Luminara hits easily 7k when crits with special.

Sidius aoe with buff crits for 3k.

I can beat teams 2-3k more power than mine if I dont get ability block.

I would take ima gun di out as leader, put sidius as leader and add Poogle instead of Ima.
    At least for offense.

Was going to say the same thing..
    Obi wan debuff, and poggle buff that's a huge advantage. Even on defense that would be a hassle to play against.
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • ok awesome thanks guys!
    If you have another high dps character I'd swap him for consular, with ben's offense down, and poggle's offense up you really should be running a high dps team, and you wont need 2 heals.
  • A majority of the top 50 teams on my server are Sid, Dooku, Ig-86/88, Poggle and Lumi. Sometimes you'll see a Leia in there instead. Poggle is the anchor.

Great on offense and annoying to fight against on defense as well due to the speed and damage.
    If you have another high dps character I'd swap him for consular, with ben's offense down, and poggle's offense up you really should be running a high dps team, and you wont need 2 heals.

what about ig 86? because he synergizes with poggle and sidious's leadership skill?
  • thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ok awesome thanks guys!

what about ig 86? because he synergizes with poggle and sidious's leadership skill?

How many stars is your ig 86? His health is just abysmal, and I'm not sure how good he synergizes without other droids. I'm not the right person to ask about IG-86 since mines still 1 star(he hits like a truck though for a 1 star). @DarthMasterShawn knows more about droids than me, maybe we can get his insight.

If you had tie or leia that would be an epic team.
  • Poogle is awesome but fails hard against AOE ability block teams. He is super squishy, does Barriss type damage and only offers that buff. If he is ability blocked he is easily killed creating a 5 vs 4 right of the bat. Thats the only reason I don't have him in my lineup. If not ability blocked and FF he is a gamechanger.
  • Jeks
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's extremely difficult to block him before he gets his first cast off unfortunately because of his speed (136). This puts him behind only sid, dooku and Poe. Most teams also have him 7* also, so can't be killed before he gets it off.

Only chance is dooku lucky stun, quick taunt with Poe and manage afterwards or a lucky assist crit from a qgj + aayla or big hitting Jedi. Qgj + Obi is not fast enough, have been playing around with this the last week. As a result, I often just go for one of the other team members first.
  • Good point Jeks. I stand corrected:)

How many stars is your ig 86? His health is just abysmal, and I'm not sure how good he synergizes without other droids. I'm not the right person to ask about IG-86 since mines still 1 star(he hits like a truck though for a 1 star). @DarthMasterShawn knows more about droids than me, maybe we can get his insight.

If you had tie or leia that would be an epic team.

what about ig-88? cause he doesnt need to synergize with other droids and he has extra crit damage
    he also does more damage when enemies are debuffed which obi wan and sidious will provide
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ok awesome thanks guys!

Unless u have already starred ig86, ig88 is better due to his insane AOE and no direct synergies with other droids
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    ok awesome thanks guys!

Unless u have already starred ig86, ig88 is better due to his insane AOE and no direct synergies with other droids

i havent starred 86 yet. ill star working on 88 then thanks!
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    The igs are a nightmare with poggle. Just have to figure out how to keep them alive long enough to do their thing.
  • Drekulviin
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    If you want ig86 use a pc and install bluestacks you will get him for free and lots of goods (free crystals)
    Only if you play on Android tho! Useless if you play on apple device

Edit : farm Luminara and Sidious from arena and war
  • Time wrote: »
    The igs are a nightmare with poggle. Just have to figure out how to keep them alive long enough to do their thing.

I think the only time I've ever seen either one of my IGs going down before doing damage is when one of the IGs and Poggle got stunned by Dooku (4/10 for a non-Jedi and another 4/10 for a secondary target so 16% of this happening), with Poggle buff both the IGs can get their attacks off, if you are lucky with crits (provided you use HK47) can get another turn really fast and tbh 4 total attacks from IGs can pretty much mean that you've won.

Even with non-droid squads Poggle is a beast, one of the best speeds and you will be able to get your buff pretty much always and with the buff on every single toon hits like a truck I feel like he is the most OP toon(that is not bugged looking at you Leia and easily farmable) not that I'm complaining
  • Congrats on getting Poggle!

Don't overlook Genosian Soldier. He's an easy farm at Cantina Map 1, on the first battle.
    The bugger's fast, hits hard, and usually packs a nice 1-2 punch with an ally.
    If you progress to get him to Gear VII, it's only 20 purple items to do so. Poggle, however, requires much more purple items to get to Gear VII.

But still, if you're looking to unlock a farmable hero to go along with your Poggle, give Genosian Soldier a shot.

• I find the IG's too squishy when I use them, both are 4* for me. I battled a droid team with HK, both IG's, Magna, and Poggle. I will not lie it hit very hard, but I knew it going in so I used Barriss as lead, my Gear 8 5* JC, gear 7 5* LUm, Gear 7 5* Sid and my 4* 5* gear 7 Ventress and I destroyed them. With exception of Barriss all those toons non crit basic from 1600+ for me and on specials typically in excess of 3k. I hit the 2 AOE's and both IG's were gone and Poggle was 1 hit away. HK and Magna had a little life, but JC's spec and FB by Lum Pretty much solved that equation. I had to use Barriss heal, and Debated JC or Lum. I was damaged goods at the end for sure. Long story shjort I may down the road create the Droid team, though I need Poggle, but right now I'm happy with my Jedi team, my NS team, and my hybrid team. I do want a DPS team, I seek advice on that in another thread.
  • It does not make sense though that Poggle's Speed buff does not also affect Geonosians
  • meanpride wrote: »
    It does not make sense though that Poggle's Speed buff does not also affect Geonosians

+1
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.