4/4 Teaser Discussion Megathreads (Guild, Guild Chat, and Raid confirmed)

Replies

• Options
    Remember, I have first dibs on "stuff". Just saying. :)

Any chance of a finders fee in future then?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    And welcome to turn based world of warcraft.....
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Streak wrote: »
    I just started this game about two months ago. Fell in love with it quickly as it suited my can't always log in every hour to spend energy type lifestyle but HAVE to have some sort of app to play. I've played RoB, MWOH, SWFC.... I'm probably missing one or more the types of game it sounds like they want to turn this into. Stupid apps like candy crush etc I've tried sure but it wasn't my style. FINALLY I try this app... Became an addict... Even dropped money on a pack or twenty and NOW they want to screw up what makes this app so freaking awesome to me?? How disappointing. On that note... Of course I'm going to be sticking around, giving them no more of my money (for now) to check it out. In which case.... Groups are coming! FUN.
    Well... For those looking at forming groups then, I started two months ago have 32 characters open. Most at 4*. Have one 7* two just waiting on the freaking cash to make 7*, have the darn shards!!! And two at 5*. I'm a 37 year old married retail manager gaming addict. I will be looking to join an active group of adult people who try hard but can understand that I DO have to work!!
    (Yes, tho of course i do everything I can to take my breaks at work around group events)
    So yeah, if anyone out there's recruiting... I guess be looking for my next bunch of chat app family!
    Hit me up!
    Streak

Respect man. Played RoB heavily before trade sanctions were put into place; same for MWoH as well. Those were the standard of mobile gaming back then. Too bad they went and ruined it with the trade restrictions though. Played heavily, for free, in top five guilds/alliances in both of those. Made some serious money too. Welcome to this game, it isn't anything like how those were but to be honest, it doesn't need to be. Kind of sucks that you cannot make any of your money back, but the game play at least is beyond simply tapping your screen to see card pictures have animations appear over them. Lol.
  • Options
    How for reallzy are guilds? Like is there proper guild etiquette? Do you need to be super selective when choosing a guild?

There appear to be some people trying to get some off the ground...just didn't know if you picked one, that's the one you need to stick with forever.

This seems like a lot to consider :/
  • Puglio
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Advan wrote: »
    What a complete waste of everyone's time with an announcement to announce somethings coming later this month. Yea you could have just said that Thursday. Make us wait for something to come with nothing to it

Totally my thought about the video, which had nothing. The post mentioned guild features, but that could have been done casually anywhere. The thread was announced as having an announcement.

Building hype... You're doing it wrong.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like whoever suggested Rancor was right.

I win at life today, but only today...
  • Options
    JbizzyG wrote: »
    Looks like whoever suggested Rancor was right.

I win at life today, but only today...

I knew I saw someone call it here.

• Options
    Kaib wrote: »
    I wouldn't have downloaded this game or kept it if guilds were essential. It's just not my thing. I would appreciate opportunity to obtain essential gear elsewhere or if the essential gear must be tied to guilds, having the mechanism for that be very unobtrusive and easy to complete on my own time.

+1

I realize many other people wanted guilds, but I also hope they aren't essential. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just making my feedback heard. I especially hope it's not an advantage to be in a "top" one. New content is one thing, but radically changing the time-commitment and social aspects of the game is unfortunate for those who invested a lot of time and money into a potentially much different game. Time will tell, but every other game I've seen with something like guilds is designed to funnel extra rewards to top guilds and force players to compete for spots in the top guilds.

+1 I just want to be able to play for the 45min to 1.5 hours a day and still progess well while staying in top 20's

I thought that was the whole appeal to this game. I don't want to spend 4 hours a day on a game that might not even be here in 2 years.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    There goes the neighborhood...

It is as I have feared, and Raid loot will be necessary. Better yet, I will have to depend on you sorry lot of miscreants to help me get it.

OK then, do not let me down.

Remember those speeches you gave me about how awesome Guilds are?

Prove it.

59312694.jpg

When you quote me and reply with a taunting meme, I have no choice but to respond, right?

Consider me responded, hun.
  • djwarcr
    176 posts Member
    Options
    I was expecting a better teaser,that is not showing anything..
  • Options
    The guild and raid events will be carbon copies of those in Gods Rush. Your guild will need to all battle a mega-beast. But it is all individual battles - no going in together. One player won't be able to kill it, and each person will add more damage. If you kill the level one monster, you move on to level 2. More hitpoints and bigger reward. Each guildie gets the reward.
  • Options
    i hope it's good, i quit playing mostly, hate GW and need somethign new
  • Options
    Yea this is a 1v1 ladder game ATM.

Only thing I can see guilds doing is ladder collusion.

Hey guildchat anyone want to lock player x out while I cruise to number one?

This is one of the first thoughts I had. I'm guessing they'll just get rid of Arena and the free crystals it provides once they introduce guilds and call it day. Which makes sense because they have said that they will eventually revamp arena.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    Options
    Are guilds going to be server confined, or cross server?mthat is the biggest question IMO.
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Options
    LF Guild on GMT +8
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I have never played a game thats implemented Guilds and Raids after 6 months of global release.

You have to give Ea/CG credit here, this is something big.
    {RotE}
  • DarthSootie
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "
    CWOJedisix wrote: »
    I haven't won an arena fight in 3 days. Haven't finished GW in 4. I'm a level 70 as of yesterday. I've been leveling, gearing, working steadily toward stronger squads. Couldn't finish GW until about level 55 then finished regularly until 4 days ago. The RNG has gone crazy and I've become so frustrated it's not fun anymore. A lower star, lower gear, lower ability level Sid lands a heal immunity every time (and yes I started keeping track after the first time) but mine only 1 in 3? Extra bonus attacks, extra critical hits, more dodges that I never get. It's screwed up and it's not fun anymore. I have two characters ready to star and I cannot star them because I can no longer finish GW. It's sad, it's frustrating and probably no longer worth my time. I loved the game and the movies but whoever programmed this doesn't like to lose so the AI gets an extra boost. I know I'm not the only one out there so hopefully we can find something more fun (or at least better programmed) to play

Still, you have to look on the bright side don't you? Cue Monty Python.........NOW!!!
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Options
    rage levels are over 9000 at this point... get us all hyped for a big Monday update - which is literally nothing more than a statement telling us to wait longer for new content. I ALREADY WAITED TOO LONG FOR CONTENT.

Seriously, all they do is tell us to await upcoming new things at some point in the future. How long is this going to go on for?

Trailor for rancor was awful. Just tell us last week, not build up hype over nothing. More disappointment and failure to address the main problem right now which is the whole gear issue, and the inequality between pre-crafters and people who missed the 24 hour warning. sucks.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Nice to see Jar Jar is coming
  • Options
    Kaib wrote: »
    I wouldn't have downloaded this game or kept it if guilds were essential. It's just not my thing. I would appreciate opportunity to obtain essential gear elsewhere or if the essential gear must be tied to guilds, having the mechanism for that be very unobtrusive and easy to complete on my own time.

+1

I realize many other people wanted guilds, but I also hope they aren't essential. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just making my feedback heard. I especially hope it's not an advantage to be in a "top" one. New content is one thing, but radically changing the time-commitment and social aspects of the game is unfortunate for those who invested a lot of time and money into a potentially much different game. Time will tell, but every other game I've seen with something like guilds is designed to funnel extra rewards to top guilds and force players to compete for spots in the top guilds.

+1 I just want to be able to play for the 45min to 1.5 hours a day and still progess well while staying in top 20's

I thought that was the whole appeal to this game. I don't want to spend 4 hours a day on a game that might not even be here in 2 years.

Welcome to the 1% club. Hitting the SIM button for 30 minutes, auto attacking through GW for 10, and then 5 arena fights. Yay!
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Any idea what characters will b good for getting Rancor? I have a 6 star Luke. Maybe that will finally become useful

In Path of Destruction, Darth Bane tames a Rancor. So I'd begin there. And that's about add relevant advice as any can give you at this point. Considering that absolutely nothing is known yet about the gameplay, the rewards of the boss.

On the other hand, Master Kas'im just slices it like a tomato with his lightsaber, so...
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    It is as I have feared, and Raid loot will be necessary. Better yet, I will have to depend on you sorry lot of miscreants to help me get it.

Best comment here.
  • Options
    Wooo new content is coming :)

Only sad thing - does this mean we need to put up with at least 3 more weeks of freaking Dooku everywhere?!?
  • Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    I quit.
    Lol this is world of Warcraft all over again.
    Loved those 40 man raids on Ragnaros.

Can't wait to push my 1 button a turn in raids.
    :D:D:*
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    Options
    to those who are raging like ron swanson...relax...have patience. Take a step away from this game and have a break will ya? It's all going to be fine. Good things are coming.
  • Finn
    111 posts Member
    Options
    So where is the update?
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Finn wrote: »
    So where is the update?

In the future
  • Options
    Jedi Luke defeated Rancor... Am I being optimistic that they could release Jedi Luke in this update, much like the Grand Master Yoda Event, you obtain Jedi Luke shards for defeating Rancor??
  • Options
    Finn wrote: »
    So where is the update?
    After Finn and Reia has babies.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    KonaEhukai wrote: »
    Umm. Wot.

@cosmicturtle333 is that u??
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.