Farming Priorities.

I haven't invested any money in the game at all, and I don't spend crystals on the chromium data cards. I'm trying to farm the characters I need.

Here's my LVL 50 squad:

5* Sid | 4* Barriss | 4* Phasma | 4* Chewie | 4* Consular |4* Jawa | 4* Poggle | 4* Talia
3* IG-86 | 3* Teebo | 2* TIE | 2* Resistance Pilot | 2* Ewok Elder

In squad arena, I go for Sid, Barriss, Phasma, Chewie and Consular. Not great, but Chewie takes the damage, backed by Barriss and Consular's heals, while Phasma slows them down and gives be armor penetration and Sid targets and finishes them off one by one. Heal Immunity on Chewie screws up my team, though. I'm currently farming Old Daka and Count Dooku, and am also slowly starring up my base team.

Question is: Which character farming should I be focussing on now to improve my synergies, and what would be the best team look like?

If any experienced campaigners could pitch in with suggestions, it'll be of great help, since I spend a lot of time playing this.

Replies

• I would reccomend replacing JC with Luminara. Spend all of your GW on Luminara. Spend all of your arena on Sid. Keep farming Daka with your Cantina credits. Assuming you replace JC and don't want to farm any completely new characters, Chewie is the only one that can be farmed with Cantina energy, so go ahead and farm him. You should be able to farm all the attempts for Dooku and all of the attempts for Barriss every day. Unfortunately, this means you can't farm Phasma, but trust me, Luminara is better.
    That's all just my opinion though.
  • I would reccomend replacing JC with Luminara. Spend all of your GW on Luminara. Spend all of your arena on Sid. Keep farming Daka with your Cantina credits. Assuming you replace JC and don't want to farm any completely new characters, Chewie is the only one that can be farmed with Cantina energy, so go ahead and farm him. You should be able to farm all the attempts for Dooku and all of the attempts for Barriss every day. Unfortunately, this means you can't farm Phasma, but trust me, Luminara is better.

Thanks for the reply!

JC with Lumi? Interesting. I was currently spending my GW on IG-86, because I wanted to build up a good droid for Poggle to work with. Need to rethink that.

Arena is for Sid, and Cantina is for Daka now. That's cool.

Don't you think my squad is low on hitters, though? Any other new character suggestions?
  • I run JC and Lumi....my 5* gear 8 JC has over 4100 power, and hits like a truck. I don't even have his abilities at level 6 either. JC is good. Just doesn't synergize with many pvp teams...but better than Chewie by a long shot imo
  • Well, if you're looking for new characters, Poe is definitely a better tank than Chewie. Unfortunately, his shards must be purchased in a shipment, so that would slow down the farming of your other characters. Boba is also a better tank than Chewie, but he has no taunt and his shards must also be purchased. Honestly, I'm not sure what you should do about that.
    You mentioned that you don't do much damage. Luke is farmable with Cantina energy, and is a pretty popular choice for a damage character. You wouldn't be able to farm Chewie shards if you farm Luke.
    Another popular choice is FO Tie Pilot. I believe that this guy can be farmed with regular energy, but from what I've heard he doesn't really get good until about 5*. Supposedly, his 7* can 1-shot characters with a crit, but again he is basically useless until about 5*, so that's quite the commitment. I haven't been able to use him yet, so I don't have any clear advice.
    Finally, Luminara is actually a solid damage dealer. Her heal is better than JC's, and she would be primarily be used as a healer, but her attacks are actually very powerful. Definitely get her.
  • Put all your money into Ugnaught and Snowtrooper, it will pay for itself by the end of the year. The Royal Guard market is looking strong as well.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Well, if you're looking for new characters, Poe is definitely a better tank than Chewie. Unfortunately, his shards must be purchased in a shipment, so that would slow down the farming of your other characters. Boba is also a better tank than Chewie, but he has no taunt and his shards must also be purchased. Honestly, I'm not sure what you should do about that.
    You mentioned that you don't do much damage. Luke is farmable with Cantina energy, and is a pretty popular choice for a damage character. You wouldn't be able to farm Chewie shards if you farm Luke.
    Another popular choice is FO Tie Pilot. I believe that this guy can be farmed with regular energy, but from what I've heard he doesn't really get good until about 5*. Supposedly, his 7* can 1-shot characters with a crit, but again he is basically useless until about 5*, so that's quite the commitment. I haven't been able to use him yet, so I don't have any clear advice.
    Finally, Luminara is actually a solid damage dealer. Her heal is better than JC's, and she would be primarily be used as a healer, but her attacks are actually very powerful. Definitely get her.

Poe is definitely on my wanted list. But I have got to get Old Daka first in Cantina. That's a more long term plan. I personally don't like Boba for my squad, I need a taunter to deflect attention.
    For now, I think I'm satisified with my 4* gear 6 chewie. I'll farm Luke instead with Cantina Energy.

I do have a 2* 4 gear TIE Pilot, and he crits at 2.5k when Sid is the leader, already!
    He has ridiculously low health, though. Teebo's stealth works wonders with him.

Defiitely going for Lumi, others have talked of the same, too. Never hurts to have another healer for GW.

Thanks a ton for your help! How's your squad looking? Who are you after?

• No problem! And I'm running one of the most generic squads in existence, with Sid, Luminara, JC, Savage, and Phasma. I'm just trying to unlock Vader so that I can use him before 4*s become useless to me haha.
  • my buddy got vader from the bronzium pack..lucky f'er :(

Thanks for the reply!

JC with Lumi? Interesting. I was currently spending my GW on IG-86, because I wanted to build up a good droid for Poggle to work with. Need to rethink that.

Don't you think my squad is low on hitters, though? Any other new character suggestions?

You can just keep working on your droid team, but if you really want a competitive droid team IG-88 is a must have and should be the top of your farming priority
  • Destark wrote: »
    I would reccomend replacing JC with Luminara. Spend all of your GW on Luminara. Spend all of your arena on Sid. Keep farming Daka with your Cantina credits. Assuming you replace JC and don't want to farm any completely new characters, Chewie is the only one that can be farmed with Cantina energy, so go ahead and farm him. You should be able to farm all the attempts for Dooku and all of the attempts for Barriss every day. Unfortunately, this means you can't farm Phasma, but trust me, Luminara is better.

Thanks for the reply!

You can just keep working on your droid team, but if you really want a competitive droid team IG-88 is a must have and should be the top of your farming priority

To add on to @Destark you pretty much a required to get Poggle, IG86&88 and HK47 to have a functioning droid team so make sure that you get every single one of those before going for starring them up as Poggle is a must have for his buff, HK47 for its leadership and well if you don't have the IGs you simply don't have the damage.
  • Try to see the bigger picture, if you want a droid team. Level your Ig86 and get hk47 and ig88. Unfortunately they both compete for arena tokens, Stop farming chewie, he falls of later since all he got is a one turn taunt. I Think you can farm ig86 with cantina energy. There isnt a droid to spend you cantina credits on, so maybe ct55555 will do with his counter and assist ability.
  • Try to see the bigger picture, if you want a droid team. Level your Ig86 and get hk47 and ig88. Unfortunately they both compete for arena tokens, Stop farming chewie, he falls of later since all he got is a one turn taunt. I Think you can farm ig86 with cantina energy. There isnt a droid to spend you cantina credits on, so maybe ct55555 will do with his counter and assist ability.

As others have mentioned in other posts/threads, Poe would fit into the bill nicely as well offering protection and exposing enemies, so you might want to consider buying him as well.