New Guild Just for Fun - The Force United

Prev134
UltraJedi
77 posts Member
edited April 2016
Are you looking for a guild that is about FUN with a no-pressure, no got-to-win-at-all-costs attitude? Then, look no further because The Force United is for you.

We are a guild for fun and pure enjoyment of playing Galaxy of Heroes. Our group is for players who want to be a part of a guild but don't care or have time to meet a bunch of requirements outside of what will be needed for the game. There will be NO heavy-handed authority stuff that most likely happens in those got-to-win groups. We are about FUN and an easy-going experience with some social interaction and game support within our group.

Currently, we have over 35 members from the US, Canada, the UK, Spain, Greece, Bulgaria, France, and Austria. A full 1/3 of our members are from European nations, so The Force United is truly an international guild. We look forward to having you as a member and fellow Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes friend.

Requirements (if you can call it that): Have a team of force-user characters (Dark/Light, Jedi/Sith, Nightsister, Etc.).

If you'd like to join us, please fill out an application at: http://forceunited.uventerprises.com/index.php/join
A guild leader or officer will get back to you shortly about joining The Force United guild.

Thanks for considering The Force United and hope to hear from you.
Current Status: GUILD IS FULL - NOW ACCEPTING WAIT-LIST APPLICANTS
Current Members: 50/50
Leader/Founder: UltraVegasJedi ( @UltraJedi )
First Officer @mishockwave2008
In-Game Name: UltraVegasJedi | Leader/Founder - The Force United
Post edited by UltraJedi on

Replies

• mishockwave2008
    30 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    As you begin to build this guild, I'm interested in joining as your philosophy is exactly why I play this game: just for the fun of it. I spend a little bit of money (1-2 times a month) to show my appreciation for the game and to help advance my characters. Also, if you need help with anything, I've been running an international online flying group for the past 6 years called Reaper Two-Six: reapertwosix.com/.

In the Reapers, I'm Fleet Admiral Wolverine and have the same ID here (mishockwave2008) as my PSN/PS3 ID: reapertwosix.com/organizationchartairwing.php. As my time permits, I'd gladly support you in any what that I can.

Wishing you the best and hope I can be part of your guild. Gaming is for fun, not a job!
    Wolverine
    ID: mishockwave2008 (ally code: 183-435-647)

P.S. For your info, my poor arena ranking (around 2000 ± 500 typically) is intentional to help the other part of this game that is of course no way linked to your arena ranking - wink. :smiley: In other info about me, I'm currently at level 71 with three maxed characters - Lumi, Sidious, & Phasma - and four others are close - Geonosian Soldier, Stormtrooper Han, Daka, & Jedi Consular).
    Do or do not... There is no try.
    Wolverine
    @mishockwave2008
    First Officer of The Force United
    http://forceunited.uventerprises.com/
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Kinda interested myself... However I don't understand the guild stuff. I just don't get it. As far as the force, I have mostly Jedi at 7* 70. My rank stays in the top 100, for now at least. The only Jedi I don't have unlocked is Offee and Koon... I'm working on anakin to 7* only 16 shards away. Next I'm working on ima-gun di. I've spent a little here and there myself. My goal is having all the sith and all the Jedi. May be 2032 before I get my 7* Vader though.

If ya don't mind dumbing it down, I just don't understand this guild stuff... I don't even know if I play enough.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    I mean, am I supposed to be deleting the 34 allies to build a guild of people I talk to on forums?
  • @UltraJedi,
    Interested in the guild. Tried accessing the website but receiving a DNS error for the site when I click the link. Is it up and functional?
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    @UltraJedi,
    Interested in the guild. Tried accessing the website but receiving a DNS error for the site when I click the link. Is it up and functional?

Same here
  • @dtmike1

Since they haven't really released info on the guilds yet, everything is speculation. I would assume you would have to have space to add the guild members to compete in the raid. Might not have to delete everyone. You might even find that guilds aren't your thing and probably shouldn't delete your current allies.

According to the other guild sites on these forums, a lot of them use the Line App to talk to each other. I have to believe that is where scheduling will happen for the raids.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    @dtmike1

Since they haven't really released info on the guilds yet, everything is speculation. I would assume you would have to have space to add the guild members to compete in the raid. Might not have to delete everyone. You might even find that guilds aren't your thing and probably shouldn't delete your current allies.

According to the other guild sites on these forums, a lot of them use the Line App to talk to each other. I have to believe that is where scheduling will happen for the raids.

Oh.... Uh... Ya have to talk? Like with headsets like my friends kid with the call of duty stuff? Hmmm... I don't know bout all that. Why in the world would we need to all be on to do a raid? Do I bring my own toon and am responsible for that toons actions? Kinda silly... I mean like I said, I don't understand the purpose but the forum is abuzz with guilds.
  • I don't think you have to actually talk. The app seems useful for sending out a mass message looking for group or starting the raid.

Once again, I can only speculate about what the raid would consist of. Part of me assumes it will be a team of 5 or 6 with each person being responsible for one toon. I also have to assume that the same toon can't appear so there will have to be some coordination. I really have no idea. I'm interested to see how it all works. I'm also under the assumption you have to be in a guild to do the raid, but maybe not.

I would like to try competing in the raid. I started looking for groups this morning after reading / watching the teaser. I have 1 IRL friend on my allies list who is also interested. I figured I would do the dirty work of research and see what I find.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Well, I guess I would bring my anakin lol. He seems not so popular of a farm lol... I myself am interested... More so since it come with new stuff that can't be found anywhere else in the game. I pretty much don't wanna join a bunch of high pressure gotta be the best know it all types. I just seen a post, looking for high end guilds... Ok, not gonna join that guy. Gotta be serious and great... Sure... Not me... Lol this just for fun speech is just my style. No pressure.
  • Hey Guys, Thanks for all your interest. Yeah I am not really interested in the whole Line App thing as I really don't have time to talk in voice or in a chat room... We will kinda be playing it by ear as I am new to the whole guild thing and noone is quite yet sure how it will work for this game.

As for the site, yeah I figured it might be kinda flaky since it hasn't been updated since February and there is no way to contact the person running it.
  • We will communicate here until I can get a temp site up or something...
  • Precisely @dtmike1! I play everyday and love it, but I'm by no means a super serious "Gotta be the best" player. I'm looking for some laid back people to go fight a Rancor or whatever they will throw at us.

Thanks for the update @UltraJedi.
  • UltraJedi
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Also just so you know, I am Level 72 (as of just a few minutes ago. I run QGJ (lead), Lumi, Barriss, Yoda and Mace (all 7* and fully geared as much as can be for now). I spend a little money here and there...

I have reached rank 9 in Arena and stay in the top 50 or 100 but only are competitive there for Arena Credits.

I also have JC and Eeth fully starred and geared and I am currently working on Anakin (currently 6* and 77 shards away from 7), Obi-wan (not unlocked yet), Ima-Gun Di (4*). I also have Darth Sidious 7* almost fully geared and have Savage at 6* and Daka and Vadar both at 5*...
  • Good luck to you and your new Guild. This looks like a great place for very casual players who want the social experience without the serious work. Great job!!! Welcome!!!
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Sounds like we are about in the same boat. My highest was 7th. Never claimed the top five yet. I haven't done a whole lot of the 50 gears. I wanted characters. Specifically all the Jedi I could get. The only one I went gear crazy over was Yoda. He's geared with the 50 hair dryers.
  • @UltraJedi That's a solid crew.

I just unlocked Yoda and am working on getting Barriss up so I can do tier 6 and 7.

Currently, my 7 star toons are Luminara, Ventress, and Capt. Phasma.
  • Good luck to you and your new Guild. This looks like a great place for very casual players who want the social experience without the serious work. Great job!!! Welcome!!!

Thank you @ioniancat21 !
  • UltraJedi
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    dtmike1 wrote: »
    Sounds like we are about in the same boat. My highest was 7th. Never claimed the top five yet. I haven't done a whole lot of the 50 gears. I wanted characters. Specifically all the Jedi I could get. The only one I went gear crazy over was Yoda. He's geared with the 50 hair dryers.

Haha, LOL... same here... I have always been a big Jedi and "the force" fan... I was going to make the guild just Jedi but I feel that would be too limiting... thus all "force-users" are welcome... (this includes Rey, pre-jedi Luke and Leia).
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    I think I am one of the few that has phasma at seven stars but at like level 55 because I didn't really care about her. Plus everyone that friended me had her as a leader for me to borrow... Soooo she keeps my bench warm. i only maxed her to have two folks to buy from GW that could be sold in the shard shop lol.

I don't count the current Luke... Gimme that one that has the light saber in 5b or c... He's a monster.

Oh and I currently have all my completion stars. I'm OCD like that lol.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    I feel like I am trying to sell myself to this guild business. Like hey look at me folks this is where I am and how good I am. Please pick me for the kick ball team, pleeeeeease. Oy, I'm 7 again....
  • dtmike1 wrote: »
    I think I am one of the few that has phasma at seven stars but at like level 55 because I didn't really care about her. Plus everyone that friended me had her as a leader for me to borrow... Soooo she keeps my bench warm. i only maxed her to have two folks to buy from GW that could be sold in the shard shop lol.

I don't count the current Luke... Gimme that one that has the light saber in 5b or c... He's a monster.

Oh and I currently have all my completion stars. I'm OCD like that lol.

Yeah I have her at 6* and am about 15 away from 7*. I've been using Lumi for Shard shop currency so I can unlock General Grevious which is currently at 25/80. I have since put the him on hold for now and am saving up my GW tokens until I know more about what they may add in the next major update towards the end of the month and how the meta may change...
  • @UltraJedi That's a solid crew.

I just unlocked Yoda and am working on getting Barriss up so I can do tier 6 and 7.

Currently, my 7 star toons are Luminara, Ventress, and Capt. Phasma.

Thanks @brodieman31 and congrats. I beat 7* Yoda during the second event, took me a day and half of frustration and praying not to break my phone in the process... Yoda is a very nice addition to my team and is definitely worth it even though I started questioning the time and commitment to try and get him!

My Team was (all maxed geared and lvl'd at 70):
    Lumi (Lead)
    JC
    Eeth
    Mace
    QGJ

Some Tips That Worked for Me:

After reading a bunch of different things on the forums and Reddit and failing miserably each time with great frustration I was finally able to beat Yoda with Eeth and Barriss as his guards...

Fired off at Eeth until he was gone and then got Barriss down into the low red and kept her there as I turned my focus onto Yoda (using basics when he had foresight and the everything else including specials when no foresight). I only lost Eeth about half way through but was able to keep everyone else alive (though at the brink at times)...

Finally knocked down Yoda which left Barriss all alone with just less than half of her health, it was no problem to get her down with a heal left that left my remaining 4 toons with almost full health...

Trying to beat him can definitely be very very frustrating but when you do beat him it is an awesome feeling and you definitely will feel a huge weight being lifted off your chest!
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Well, I beat him with the same team and only took an hour of me taking my beating. My advice is giggle when Yoda beats you. Be amazed by his greatness. I made the focus on Yoda and not his friends. I made it a game to see which letter I could get his health down to before he killed me. A perfectly timed expose and Shatterpoint from mace is what gave me the W. Yoda had just lost tenacity and the red magnifying glass landed on him and I lit him up with every special from everyone. When he fell I couldn't believe it. I knew it was over, my other toons had full health. It was 5 against 2, and one was the Jedi guardian. It's about patience. You will most likely get annoyed and maybe call him a few names.

The best advice I can offer you is stay calm cool and giggle. I mean it's free attempts, it's not like it costs money or energy. It's like watching yoda take some collage level Jedi to school. It's like that moment when Yoda took Dookus lightening and brushed it off and said much to learn you still have my old padawan lol...
  • When I get to the battle, my crew should be BO (lead), QGJ, JC, Lumi, and Ahsoka. Currently I'm level 71 but my toons aren't leveled above 67 yet. I am also still working towards max gear on them.

I read up on it and heard it can be..."fun." Watching some videos, he looks super cheat. I've also seen many people say to hope for a Yoda team that is weak so you can focus solely on him and not worry about his teammates DPS. Good to know you both encountered that.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    I believe his team was was gun di and Jedi guardian against me. It's in my opinion a luck thing. I would have been bummed had I won first try.
  • @UltraJedi
    How can i join your Guild? I don't have time for LINE things me too, but i play 4 times every day and do all the events and energy for 3,5 months. I Rank 30-100 in my server PvP although ftp.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Spin around three times singing "it's all about that force, bout that force, bout that force no blasters..."
  • Hi guys, looking for a casual guild to join. I'm currently player level 72 and sit around 20-50 in arena daily. I have been in guilds with other online games (even lead one or two) before and found that they all eventually become too time consuming and then the wife starts to nag! ;) I play everyday and complete all dailies and would be very interested in joining you if you'd have me.

Cheers,

Andy.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • @ProfmyGR and @DarthSootie we would love to have you on-board. As long as you have/use majority of force-users your in! Just let us know and I will add you to our group PM on here...
  • dtmike1 wrote: »
    Spin around three times singing "it's all about that force, bout that force, bout that force no blasters..."

Haha, too funny, nice one @dtmike1