New player questions

Ok, so I have read through many postings and have the following questions:

I purchased the ultimate pack and used the crystals for the 8X chromium. No great pulls but I'm not disappointed. Kind of what I expected and had learned through reading therefore I went with the pack that gave me four guaranteed characters.

I see it mentioned that many people use crystals to farm shards.

Can someone please explain to me how this is effectively done?

Was my decision to buy the ultimate pack better than buying just crystals?

I have really enjoyed this game thanks and advance for any help.

Best

Jake

Replies

• Specialn
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Jake, as currently I'm up at 4:28 AM and have nothing better to do, I'm more than happy to answer your questions. I hope this helps, and if you need any further assistance or have more questions, don't be afraid to ask.
  • Where are the answers? ^
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    Where are the answers? ^

I was wondering the same... Maybe he's typing?
  • There is no "effective" farming, it's pure luck. You just playing mission over and over to farm shard, then use crystals to replenish your energy (2x50 energy and 1x100 cantina energy per day)
  • Enklave wrote: »
    There is no "effective" farming, it's pure luck. You just playing mission over and over to farm shard, then use crystals to replenish your energy (2x50 energy and 1x100 cantina energy per day)

Are you saying there's a limit to the amount of energy you can replenish per day?
  • @MenaceTEC
    I believe there is a limit that starts at 50/50 then 100/100 200/200 and even 400/400. Haven't got passed the 400 yet cause it's way too much in my taste for full energy.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I think there is no limit, but the energy cost is multiple increasing as CronozNL said
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    @MenaceTEC
    I believe there is a limit that starts at 50/50 then 100/100 200/200 and even 400/400. Haven't got passed the 400 yet cause it's way too much in my taste for full energy.

Thanks I understand now how it works
  • wrote:
    Was my decision to buy the ultimate pack better than buying just crystals?

Any thoughts on this?
  • No idea what the difference is between ultimate pack with a few crystals or full crystals for the money you spend. I personally would have chosen crystals probably.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting