Ads

13Next

Replies

• Pay to win players are going to have a fit seeing these ads, their profits are going to mean less and less to EA, and actually can hinder their profits. Think about it, if p2p take over this game it would definitely turn f2p players off which =less ads seen, but if f2p players can still compete their is a potential for a huge base of players that will make big profits for them on a daily.

And you say you aren't a Troll? By attacking p2w players unprovoked on a completely different topic? Seriously what is your problem? How does them spending money on a game effect you at all, are you jealous of their wallets or something?

I saw several pay to win players cry about the ads, so I made that comment. And no I'm not jealous at all of their wallets, I have plenty of money and I can easily spend it to boost my stats but what's the fun in that? Pay to win players like yourself have this attitude of superiority and you think that f2p players have 0 input and that we get to play this game because of the pay to win players, you couldnt be more wrong.

Like myself who is a f2p player ;) guess again who's wrong.
  • DarkDiggler
    372 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Also, since this is an off-topic board... My KOTOR name is better. B) I've seen a Carth (just Carth) and that's about it. There's a guy with a Darth Nihilus avatar, too. Nothing from first KOTOR that I've seen, though. Not even a Revan or Bastila. :(

Until I see a Deadeye Duncan you take the top swkotor name.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • I'm fine with ads since they serve as a means of **** some of you off.
  • Paying players are bombarded with advertising... Very dishonorable...oh wait it's EA... Spend over $100 and get nothing but minor shards for a mishmash of random chars and get nothing substantial. Dishonest company for sure.
  • As stated previously, I paid and invested into this game. It's not right to force ad(s) on us. If EA/CG is to go this route, there are other options to make it unobtrusive. If they want to generate some revenue with ads, they can include little freebies with attached ad. But keep it in a little button on the left side panel (with the others) indicating freebies or something of that nature. Like achievements, but using ads. p2p players will not be offended as the ads are tucked away in its own little drawer and completely unobtrusive.

I think that would be an ideal solution for all players?
  • Won't be buying anything else until it's confirmed that ads are gone. I will still play, but don;'t count on me paying money to see ads, this is not the way this works, it's not how any of this works!
  • I get a Madden pop up ad but it's not just at log on, it can happen anytime I leave an area like GW and go back to cantina. Super annoying, after what I spent on this game to have to deal with ads is insulting.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I'm just going to reiterate that all the ads I've seen are just splash page type, and can just be closed out as fast as they come up. I honestly don't understand the commotion. The ones they have now are fine, and if they get worse, I'll just turn AdAway on and be done with it.

The way I see it, ads are apparently making them money. If that's money that they're not making from people buying crystals and packs, then it makes it more likely that they'll either lower prices, or increase the energy regeneration rate.

Also, my name is the best KotOR name because The Exile is the best character in Star Wars history, and anyone that disagrees is obviously wrong. :smirk:
  • I'm just going to reiterate that all the ads I've seen are just splash page type, and can just be closed out as fast as they come up. I honestly don't understand the commotion. The ones they have now are fine, and if they get worse, I'll just turn AdAway on and be done with it.

The way I see it, ads are apparently making them money. If that's money that they're not making from people buying crystals and packs, then it makes it more likely that they'll either lower prices, or increase the energy regeneration rate.

Also, my name is the best KotOR name because The Exile is the best character in Star Wars history, and anyone that disagrees is obviously wrong. :smirk:

If I was a F2P player I'd expect them and be ok with it, I'm not and I;m not.

It's an ad for Madden, another EA game, how much revenue can they be generating from themselves?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • EA makes enough from the crystal packs already...ads are really not needed, but if they honestly feel like it is needed they should atleast block ads from players who have atleast bought something worth real money in the game (but of course knowing how greedy EA is they could care less lol as they have been well known to how they treat customers opinions...xD)
  • You guys that hate ads that much should just root/jailbreak. In addition to never seeing ads ever, you can make full 100% backups of every file in the system, as well as a ton of other stuff. Android's gotten to the point where you don't even need to flash a custom firmware any more, since all the major tweaks are available through Xposed.
  • Also, my name is the best KotOR name because The Exile is the best character in Star Wars history, and anyone that disagrees is obviously wrong. :smirk:

You are quite cheeky, but I will concede that Meetra made for a good protagonist successor, especially with how they essentially raised a new Jedi (or Dark Jedi) army from their apparently all Force-sensitive group of friends. I'm sure if Obsidian were really crazy, HK-47 would be the first Jedi droid, as well. :p

Also, I got Carth and Atton mixed up in my previous post. I said nobody had a KOTOR name, but I thought it was Carth Onasi that said "Pure Pazaak" at the time. :/
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Also, my name is the best KotOR name because The Exile is the best character in Star Wars history, and anyone that disagrees is obviously wrong. :smirk:

You are quite cheeky, but I will concede that Meetra made for a good protagonist successor, especially with how they essentially raised a new Jedi (or Dark Jedi) army from their apparently all Force-sensitive group of friends. I'm sure if Obsidian were really crazy, HK-47 would be the first Jedi droid, as well. :p

Also, I got Carth and Atton mixed up in my previous post. I said nobody had a KOTOR name, but I thought it was Carth Onasi that said "Pure Pazaak" at the time. :/

It was Atton, you're right. Although Carth WAS in KotOR 1 and parts of 2, as well.

What was great about the second one was how it tossed the moral absolutism of the rest of the franchise out the window. Chris Avellone, the lead designer, really hated the Good|Evil dichotomy presented in the OT, for example, and wanted to present a group of heroes that could walk the line between the two without being unrealistic/cartoonish.

And good news! Apparently KotOR 1 and 2 might have found their way into official post-Disney canon! http://imgur.com/gallery/nuwew
  • As TFA winds down, ads are inevitable!! Right now, EA has a handful of suckers willing to break the bank to carry them today but as rich folk do, they become bored with their expensive toys and discard them for a new thrill, it's clear this day is coming. When it does, EA will have no choice since "whales" don't spend enough to carry a game. Go check out Star Wars Force Collection and tell me how catering to a few whales worked out long-term.......
  • I think EA is smart to go the ad route, today I received my first ad when I opened my app, even though they were advertising their own merch in a NFl game, I think it's a step in the right direction for them to make more profit.

They only have some whales supporting the game, 99% of the rest are on the sidelines like us Ewok not buying anything, what can people expect, they need the income!!! I hope we all see more ads, maybe the revenue will allow them to make the IAP cheaper. They also should hit paying customers with more ads than free players because they're buying EA product, who better to give an ad to, the free customer on the sidelines???
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Yes, nobody complain about anything, ever. We are only paying customers. We have no basis to ever say anything about what we don't like. We must continue to spend money and be grateful for whatever scraps are thrown to us.

.........And on the flip side...................
    WhipiT wrote: »
    One little ad when you log on? You guys are the most petty group of players I've ever seen in a gaming community. You should do everyone a favor if one little ad bothers you and just quit the game. You won't be missed:)

• I've never seen a single ad, at all, not one in a whole month of playing 16 hours a day. Use a supported device instead of bluestacks.

I'm on a stock Galaxy Note 5, Sprint.
  • asd
  • If ads could lower the price of IAP to human levels, I'd be all for them.....
This discussion has been closed.