Questions! Questions! Questions! And a 7 star Luke

I had a question about farming. Their is a limit on how many times you can complete a specific battle in the main hard quests, so how is it that people farm for ten shards a day? And another question I had was with leader abilities, is only one active during battle? And would the active ability be of the toon in the leader position?

Replies

• And I've never farmed in any game before and would like to know some strategies to maximize my rewards. Thank you :)
  • 3 times a day for each hard, people are getting a lot only if they are buying packs or they getting the ones from squad cantina at level 28 or buying 2 shipments a day from arena or galactic war or squad cantina shipments
  • Thank you! Anyone else have input? Would be appreciated thank you?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    You can't really farm hard modes without dropping serious cash to refresh tries. The cantina table is the only real place to farm shards aside from shipments.
  • What should I go for in hard mode then, I'm not really seeing the payoff of hard mode. Should I only farm one player total at a time?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    That all depends on the team you're going for or what toon interests you the most. It also greatly depends on what hard modes you have unlocked lol. Many people farm Dooku.
  • Should I just farm gear in hard mode?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I am currently farming anakin and it is a pain and expensive (but cheaper than packs!).

It all depends on who you want and how much you are willing to spend.

Buying packs you can get shards for "cheaper", though no guarantee you will get who you want.

Farming hard shards can get expensive but you are getting who you want.

Right now I buy single player mode refills till it hits 200, and I use most of those on anakin, and only one on farming gear. Spending about 600-800 crystals can net you 10+ shards a day (though I would recommend doing this before 60 since you can actually level up with the experience, assuming you can 3* the battle).
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    No farm gear in normal. If you have multiple normal battle to choose from, choose the one with the least possible gear rewards that contains the item you want. It will increase the odds of getting the item you want. Hard mode does not increase the odds of gear drops.
  • You need to do 5 hard mode for daily quest. I choose 6 for dooku.
  • Thanks everyone I will farm gear in hard mode and will attempt to get Luke in cantina. I will also get boba from shipments.
  • And greedo with arena tokens he is 2* with 24/25 shards. Do you have a better chance at getting shards if you get three stars? And do those sound like good characters to use?
  • Telaan wrote: »
    No farm gear in normal. If you have multiple normal battle to choose from, choose the one with the least possible gear rewards that contains the item you want. It will increase the odds of getting the item you want. Hard mode does not increase the odds of gear drops.

This isn't necessarily good advice. While it's true you 'waste' energy if you choose a more costly option in the long run the times you miss on your gear choice on that one but instead get a higher level piece of gear tends toward less farming in later levels.

I typically look for nodes where all the gear available is gear that I need currently to level. That way even when I don't get the exact gear I need at least I haven't wasted the energy. Obviously if you 'gamble' 8 energy instead of 6 and get nothing but XP you lose a little more but in the end I think it's more efficient.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »

This isn't necessarily good advice. While it's true you 'waste' energy if you choose a more costly option in the long run the times you miss on your gear choice on that one but instead get a higher level piece of gear tends toward less farming in later levels.

I typically look for nodes where all the gear available is gear that I need currently to level. That way even when I don't get the exact gear I need at least I haven't wasted the energy. Obviously if you 'gamble' 8 energy instead of 6 and get nothing but XP you lose a little more but in the end I think it's more efficient.

Sorry, no. The devs have stated you'll have a higher percentage chance of getting the drop you want by farming locations with the least possible gear drops that still contain the one you want. So farm hard mode or locations with more possible drops if you want, but it is counter productive unless it just so happens that you're attempting to farm shards and gear from the same node.

Also, 6/8 energy nodes are both normal mode. Table 5+ cost 8 energy on normal. Hard mode cost 12/16 energy and can only be done three times per day without using crystals to refresh.

Do not farm gear on hard mode unless you're farming toon shards from the same location.
  • I'm just not very happy with my team i'm a level 37 f2p with level 37 (4* chewie and talia) level 37 (3* Poe jawa and Eeth Koth) and 2 star greedo and Jedi consular. All of them are level 5 gear with the exception of jawa (level 3) and Eeth Koth (level 4). My other characters are pretty much useless and I don't even bother bringing them into battle. I've only been playing for a week and surprisingly somehow I'm able to stay in the top twenty of my arena, I have even snuck into the top 10 on one occasion. I just feel this team is getting less viable as I progress onwards and so I have decided to farm for boba, higher level greedo and talia, and luke. And gear wise I'm not sure who to focus on. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks :)
  • Telaan wrote: »

Sorry, no. The devs have stated you'll have a higher percentage chance of getting the drop you want by farming locations with the least possible gear drops that still contain the one you want. So farm hard mode or locations with more possible drops if you want, but it is counter productive unless it just so happens that you're attempting to farm shards and gear from the same node.

Also, 6/8 energy nodes are both normal mode. Table 5+ cost 8 energy on normal. Hard mode cost 12/16 energy and can only be done three times per day without using crystals to refresh.

Do not farm gear on hard mode unless you're farming toon shards from the same location.

Seems like sound advice. I will only farm on hard mode when the node contains favorable shards, thanks!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    If you have not started spending your arena tokens on Sidious and GW tokens on Lumi start now! They are pretty much a must have for almost every team. Max them to 7*. JC and Luke as a couple other good choices to farm from cantina table. Spend your cantina tokens on Daka till at least 5*.
  • Are greedo and talks even worth starring up? I have 24/25 shards to promote greedo to 3*. I have not unlocked gw yet, I will farm her as soon as it is available :)
  • Talia*
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Talia is ok. Her damage isn't great and her heal damages herself. So you have to be careful how you use her. Her AI also sucks on defense in arena. I also wouldn't waste my time on Greedo. He's not terrible, but I wouldn't waste resources on him when there's better ftp options available to farm.
  • Thanks man!
  • What if I got her to higher ability levels? I've heard she is actually pretty good as she doesn't damage herself as much and attacks harder.
  • On offense Talia is decent I guess. But the AI tends to do terrible moves with her (like healing when in fact she is the only injured character).
    So when choosing chars für your arena team, study how the AI handles them.
    AI Daka on the other hand tends to keep her heal untill someone died to make use of the revive chance.